The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon Gaming Central

Notices

Pokémon Gaming Central For topics that aren't necessarily restricted to one game, Pokémon Gaming Central ranges from comparing and contrasting the differences in the gaming generations to discussing the gaming franchise as a whole.

Old December 5th, 2013, 06:10 PM
T The Manager
Purple Clouds

Nature: Relaxed
Walk up to some random homeless person or a person in general that doesn't have any possessions and I can almost guarantee you their life will change forever. They would instantly get hooked. I tried this with one of my friends because he said something and I gave him my phone with Pokemon playing and I said, "play for a bit, then tell me if you feel the same" or something like that and he instantly got hooked so I got him set up with Pokemon on his phone xD.

But to answer your question. I play it because it's interesting and believe it or not, if it weren't for Pokemon I wouldn't know how to read that well. I absolutely used to hate reading and always had a problem with reading but I loved reading and learning to comprehend the scrips in the games. I also like the strategy's and gameplan you need to run if you wanna win a tough battle. Then there's also that childhood memory of playing it haha. I may just play on my phone and laptop now, but wherever I go I'll have Pokemon to play! I'm a boss.
I'm a Sound Engineer meaning I mix music and produce. If you're a musician that needs music mixed to professional quality hit me up; or if you have any questions about anything DAW related hit me up. I'm also a Hip-Hop artist and if you'd like to hear my music click below! (it's old tracks recorded with PS2 mic but still mixed with a DAW)

http://www.reverbnation.com/seraphtthemanager

Help T The Manager out by clicking "Become A Fan".
Old December 5th, 2013, 06:35 PM
Harmonious Fusion
ahih rei-yah, ahih chei-yan

Nature: Bashful
I like the world, lore, and monster designs. I'm a creative person, and the very concept of Pokemon provides all kinds of opportunities for creative expression. Plus, shinies appeal to my inner collector/hoarder.

And honestly, I love being able to escape to another world, especially one as idealistic as Pokemon's. To me, that idealism forms a part of the franchise's heart that's every bit as important as the monsters themselves. Even when my life is terrible, I can turn to this world that's formed on strong bonds of friendship and acceptance of others, and that cheers me up.

Alder. Alder, are you blind.

Old December 9th, 2013, 03:13 AM
JeffWall

I like Pokemon because it has many games to the whole series, it is also just plain fun to play the games.
Old December 9th, 2013, 10:57 AM
KittenKoder
I Am No One Else

Nature: Calm
Wynaught? It's a great series, that's why I play it.

Join me on IRC, synirc.net #PokemonTactics, for friendly discussions on tactics and strategies.
Old December 9th, 2013, 11:23 AM
Ephemeral Euphoria
Warrior Of The Abyss

Nature: Quiet
I play it because I like having various options to go through strategy wise in the games I play and Pokémon has for the most part delivered on that aspect beautifully and it's one of the few games I can find that lets me tinker around with the difficulty however I like through challenges only limited by what you can come up with in your mind to name a few such reasons.
Old December 9th, 2013, 01:06 PM
Andrew
멘붕

That's actually a really good question. And to be honest, I'm not sure I have a definitive answer. I started playing when I was about 4, and I've just played ever since. I guess overall, it's just fun. It's so simple that a child can play it, but it's enjoyable for anyone. The stories may not win any awards, but it doesn't matter, because it's just fun to play.

And then, beyond the main game, there's the whole meta game. Using strategies and your knowledge of the game to become the best you can be at it, and challenging your friends. The game can be as complex or as simple as you desire it to be. Which is why people of all ages can play and enjoy it.

Pokémon Y:
FC: 2165-6285-6760
Name: Sapphire
Safari: Dark (Pawniard, Cacturne, Sableye)
Old December 9th, 2013, 02:45 PM
Route 18
turn up the engine.
Community Supporter Tier 5

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via Skype™ to Route 18
I've grown up with Pokemon. I've been playing it since I was six years old. It's hard to just put something like that aside, especially when I've been playing this long. Another big reason why I play Pokemon is for the Pokemon themselves. I'm always interested as to what new Pokemon they introduce each generation and I love choosing my favourites from each. It's fun battling with my favourite Pokemon, too.
Old December 9th, 2013, 07:42 PM
Antemortem

Nature: Naughty
Send a message via Skype™ to Antemortem
I... don't know why I play it anymore. It's been apart of my life too long to just drop it now, even if I think it can sometimes be a little ridiculous. I think I'll eventually stop playing it long enough to completely lose interest, considering how fast I lost interest in X/Y after not playing it for a couple weeks.

kawaii in the sheets
Old December 9th, 2013, 07:44 PM
Sheep
MUFFINS ya pls

Nature: Timid
The cute Pokemon! This franchise is a treasure for people like myself who love animals, collecting, and cute things. There's so much to do in Pokemon games and always something to keep me interested each generation.

Old December 9th, 2013, 08:05 PM
curiousnathan
they said we could be anything

Nature: Careful
I play Pokemon because it's something I enjoy and find fun in doing. I've grown up with Pokemon, so it's been a party of nearly my whole life.
Old December 20th, 2013, 05:56 AM
Rintaro Tachibana

Personally i have found it strangely addicting....

The thought of going off into an adventure to become the best, while befriending and capturing creatures called pokemon that will help you with your goal. And then getting tangled into some evil plan to change/destroy the world is pretty amazing to me.

Sponsored Links