Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon General > Pokémon Polls

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Pokémon Polls Express your opinion in straightforward polls and questions about Pokémon that would otherwise fit in Pokémon General if they weren't so, well, straightforward. Vote away!

View Poll Results: Which Protagonist Is The Strongest!?
Red 15 65.22%
Blue/Green/Leaf ( Female ) 1 4.35%
Gold 3 13.04%
Crystal 0 0%
Lyra 0 0%
Brendan 1 4.35%
May 1 4.35%
Lucas 0 0%
Dawn 0 0%
Hilbert 1 4.35%
Hilda 1 4.35%
Nate 0 0%
Rosa 0 0%
Calem 0 0%
Selena 0 0%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old November 30th, 2013 (07:16 PM). Edited December 10th, 2013 by 大輔.
大輔
Adventurer

Nature: Modest
Pokemon Colosseum Wes: 1

Which protagonist stands out to you most? This doesn't necessarily mean he/she is your favorite... this is more about whether or not they are the strongest ( battle wise, contest wise, etc ). Who do you think is the most powerful of them all?

Credit goes to PaperJoey
BW2 Champions

~CHECK MY MUSIC OUT~
Old November 30th, 2013 (09:03 PM).
Sopheria
Potion Festival Queen
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
Is there even any question? Red of course! I'm still training to beat that guy in HeartGold. Red is a true champion. Virtually invincible. Oh, and he has a level 88 Pikachu :O
Old December 1st, 2013 (12:49 AM).
Doctor
& time lord

Nature: Naive
I've gotta say Red as well. The way he is included and talked about in the G/S/C games just makes him a legend that no one else can match. The original dex holder and pokémon journey trainer. Plus, he trained his Pikachu to high level rather than to evolve it. Now, that's badass!
Old December 1st, 2013 (01:16 AM).
Brendino
Strike that. Reverse it.

Nature: Quiet
I wanted to say Red as well, but when you think about it, Gold/Crystal/Ethan/Lyra (depending on the game) actually defeat Red later on. On top of that, they've only been trainers for a short period of time compared to the amount of time Red's spent honing his craft on Mt. Silver. Sure, he may not have battled anyone in a while, but I'd think it'd take a pretty special trainer to beat the last three Pokemon League Champions on their own (Red, Blue/Green and Lance). For poll purposes though, I just selected Gold.

Moderator of Pokémon General
Old December 1st, 2013 (02:33 AM).
Peitharchia
& having to receive it

May would have to be pretty tough. When I had battled her for the final time at Lilycove City in Emerald, which was able to get through most of my Pokémon pretty easily with Tropius. Brendan was quite hard as well. He was equally as tough. Aside from these two, Red was also very difficult to defeat. His team was well-balanced, and all members complemented each other very nicely. If one was weak against something, the other was able to cover it up. :b Only characters that could possibly be stronger than him are the ones listed above, haha.
Old December 1st, 2013 (03:00 AM).
Sniper
ワイルドフラワー

Nature: Quiet
Send a message via Skype™ to Sniper
Well, Red for me. I think he have all the above Pokemon!
He even caught mewtwo (Well.. in the anime) So Red ftw.
Old December 1st, 2013 (03:28 AM).
Apollo
誰か

Nature: Hasty
I'm gonna go with RED as well. He not only defeated Team Rocket, but defeated the Pokemon League and basically becoming a legend across two regions. His team is well-balanced, and he completed the Pokedex (but this is the player's choice). Speaking of player's choice, probably the later protagonists would take the cake for strongest protagonists when we're not talking about plot, but the actions of the player. Most people now, when it comes to teams, pick Pokemon with good natures and EV/IV train them and they just make the strongest team so I'd say Generation IV protags (Hilbert, Lucas, Serena, Ethan etc) onwards could be the strongest. But for me, RED is the strongest.

BRENDAN and MAY come close to RED. They saved the whole world from flooding/landing(??), and they saved the world from Groudon and Kyogre by calling Rayquaza to stop their fight, which is pretty badass if you ask me. They defeated the Elite Four too, which is a plus.
Old December 1st, 2013 (05:34 AM).
Sopheria
Potion Festival Queen
Community Supporter

Quote originally posted by Brendino:
I wanted to say Red as well, but when you think about it, Gold/Crystal/Ethan/Lyra (depending on the game) actually defeat Red later on. On top of that, they've only been trainers for a short period of time compared to the amount of time Red's spent honing his craft on Mt. Silver. Sure, he may not have battled anyone in a while, but I'd think it'd take a pretty special trainer to beat the last three Pokemon League Champions on their own (Red, Blue/Green and Lance). For poll purposes though, I just selected Gold.
That is an extremely good point, now that you mention it :O
Old December 1st, 2013 (09:01 AM).
大輔
Adventurer

Hmmm, strangely enough I've actually had second thoughts about Red ( which is why I made this poll lol ). For me I think Hilbert/Hilda are stronger protagonists. I mean, Red beat the championship, completed the original pokedex, etc. But in BW the legendaries themselves were attracted to the protagonist and they pretty much did what Red did.

Credit goes to PaperJoey
BW2 Champions

~CHECK MY MUSIC OUT~
Old December 7th, 2013 (12:07 AM).
The Ruby Of The Sea
Cascade Charmer

Nature: Hasty
Red, for game and manga achievements. He like the others, don't get me wrong they achieved so much too. Anyway, he's always seemed to pull through the impossible, and as shown in G/S and the remakes, he's pretty darn powerful
Old December 7th, 2013 (10:29 AM).
AmourPearlShipper
If we're feeling thirsty, it's vodka for all!

Nature: Adamant
There is no "most powerful protagonist" in my opinion.

"<TLCNU> Escavalier literally is 2HKOed by Stoutland Fire Fang, Metang was undoubtedly the much better choice."
SuperSkarmory | Serebii
Old December 7th, 2013 (10:33 AM).
Introvert
Banned

Wes would sick his Espeon on Red while Umbreon sweeps his entire team.
Old December 7th, 2013 (05:31 PM).
Mara
All your base are belong to us

Send a message via Skype™ to Mara
Red. I have never seen a trainer so strong in a game. xD That and no other person was talked about like he was. It was an actual challenge for me to beat him.
Old December 7th, 2013 (05:45 PM).
大輔
Adventurer

Do you guys think that other trainers would be just as strong as Red if they reappeared in another generation?

Credit goes to PaperJoey
BW2 Champions

~CHECK MY MUSIC OUT~
Old December 7th, 2013 (06:18 PM).
Varus

Well in Gold/Silver/Crystal you actually beat red sooo... That means red is obviously not the most powerful.
Old December 7th, 2013 (07:05 PM).
大輔
Adventurer

Quote originally posted by Varus:
Well in Gold/Silver/Crystal you actually beat red sooo... That means red is obviously not the most powerful.
I totally agree with you... as Red might have been the original champion, there are plenty of people like Gold who could probably defeat him in battle.

Credit goes to PaperJoey
BW2 Champions

~CHECK MY MUSIC OUT~
Old December 7th, 2013 (07:23 PM).
Varus

Quote originally posted by 大輔:
I totally agree with you... as Red might have been the original champion, there are plenty of people like Gold who could probably defeat him in battle.
While we're at it, the object of each pokemon game is to become the #1 pokemon master, which is usually accomplished by capturing a legendary pokemon. In this sense I suppose each protagonist of future generations would beat the protagonist of previous generations in a pitched pokemon battle.

So right now I suppose the top contestant would be (insert protagonist of x and y here).

Who will be dwarfed later on by (insert protagonist of another absurd pokemon game here who managed to capture another absurd legendary pokemon).

Thus the cycle will continue, and in doing so, stoking the ego of all the fans.
Old December 7th, 2013 (07:28 PM).
大輔
Adventurer

Quote originally posted by Varus:
While we're at it, the object of each pokemon game is to become the #1 pokemon master, which is usually accomplished by capturing a legendary pokemon. In this sense I suppose each protagonist of future generations would beat the protagonist of previous generations in a pitched pokemon battle.

So right now I suppose the top contestant would be (insert protagonist of x and y here).

Who will be dwarfed later on by (insert protagonist of another absurd pokemon game here who managed to capture another absurd legendary pokemon).

Thus the cycle will continue, and in doing so, stoking the ego of all the fans.
so basically...

Pokemon = The perfect child trapping device used since 1996...

Credit goes to PaperJoey
BW2 Champions

~CHECK MY MUSIC OUT~
Old December 7th, 2013 (09:33 PM).
Varus

Quote originally posted by 大輔:
so basically...

Pokemon = The perfect child trapping device used since 1996...
Something along those lines, yes, exept it works for more than just children.
Old December 10th, 2013 (03:06 AM).
WhosAdzer

Red is the best! Can't beat the classics :D
Old December 10th, 2013 (01:34 PM).
SnailCandy
Bass Dropper

Nature: Lonely
I, unlike most people, think May is the toughest and strongest. I don't know if it's nostalgia talking, but May was the only rival I ever lost to repeatedly. Sure I lost to Red once and lost to Gold a few times, but May kicked my but every single time I fought her and kicked it multiple times before I was able to get a strategy to work. Maybe the AI for that game was better (...Nah...) or I just had bad pokemon, but May was a nightmare for me. Almost worse than Whitney...*shivers*

"It takes someone strong to stand up for themselves, yet someone stronger to stand up for others" ~Unknown
Old December 10th, 2013 (03:08 PM).
Amore
Now stand up and begin
Community Supporter

Hmm...as everyone pointed out, technically you can't put Red as Gold beats him :P. So it's between Gold and Lucas (Who beats Barry, who is stronger than Red was in GSC, but slightly weaker than HGSS Red). Also I agree, May just before Mauville is still one of the toughest battles I ever face. Then she gets weak.
Old December 10th, 2013 (03:27 PM).
Someday
Happy Festivus

If I could make a suggestion, Wes from Pokemon Colosseum seems like the strongest to me. A master of the mysterious Shadow Pokemon, an anti-hero of sorts, and one whose only companion is Rui. That "outcast" figure Wes has gives him that aura of a powerful trainer. And he is- he defeats the evil Team Cipher to save the Orre Region. Just a little more dramatic than getting badges, am I right?

I also think his outfit is best-looking for a male protag. A cool blue overcoat and a Snagging Machine at his side, I'd sure be scared to face him. Despite the fact he's referred to as a kid, Wes looks way older than a 10 year old. I'd say he looks at least 16 at that.

"Just trying to find a way out to a city so big
That it is bound to keep your secret."
TWIABP-Heartbeat In The Brain
Old December 10th, 2013 (08:03 PM).
大輔
Adventurer

Quote originally posted by GucciMeme:
If I could make a suggestion, Wes from Pokemon Colosseum seems like the strongest to me. A master of the mysterious Shadow Pokemon, an anti-hero of sorts, and one whose only companion is Rui. That "outcast" figure Wes has gives him that aura of a powerful trainer. And he is- he defeats the evil Team Cipher to save the Orre Region. Just a little more dramatic than getting badges, am I right?

I also think his outfit is best-looking for a male protag. A cool blue overcoat and a Snagging Machine at his side, I'd sure be scared to face him. Despite the fact he's referred to as a kid, Wes looks way older than a 10 year old. I'd say he looks at least 16 at that.
Lol, I forgot about the XD/Colosseum series. Awesome I'll put that as a vote underneath in the post :D

Credit goes to PaperJoey
BW2 Champions

~CHECK MY MUSIC OUT~

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links