The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Anime > Episode Discussion

Notices

Episode Discussion Keeping up with the upcoming and currently airing Japanese and English episodes? This is where you can discuss each of the episodes respectively.

Advertise here

Old December 7th, 2013, 09:41 AM
Guy
just a guy

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy

Advertise here
No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No!

I will not accept Cartoon Network cutting off the last few seconds of this episode that showed Delia back at home putting up the picture with Ash and all of his Pokémon. It was bad enough that the episode didn't even take the time to show all of Ash's Pokémon like previous season finale episodes. So I'm very upset that they decided cut off the last few seconds that I was most looking forward to seeing at the end.

A few things that stood out to me though:

- Ash remembering all of his old friends. It was nice to see.

- Team Rocket giving up their Unova Pokémon to please Giovanni. Ugh! That really bugged me and I'm glad Jessie and James didn't feel entirely comfortable with it. If Pokémon were any other kind of anime, that would be such great foreshadowing that Jessie and James would eventually turn on Team Rocket. But, it's not.

- Wobbufet!

- Professor Oak acted like such a n00b. What happened, Oak? It's like he lost all professionalism and common logic completely.

- Ash's thoughts when he couldn't sleep shows true promise for his character in X/Y. Now, the writers following through with that promise is another story.

- Most Valuable Player of this episode goes to Delia. She was a true winner here. Just the look on her face in certain scenes alone spoke volumes as a mother. I also liked that they showed her sowing Ash's new attire briefly. That was a nice touch. Still, very upset that they cut off her last scene in the end. Not cool, Cartoon Network!

Well, that's it for the Black and White series. Finally! It had its ups, but it mostly had its downs. Here's to something better in X/Y which is already showing great potential. I don't think the dub will start rolling out new X/Y episodes until the start of the new year, so until then it looks like we're fresh out of new episodes. Looking at the guide on DirecTV, it looks like they're showing an old episode from the Original Series next week. I'm kind of looking forward to seeing it!
Old December 7th, 2013, 12:16 PM
Iceman3317
Kalos Explorer!

Nature: Quiet
I have to agree that I hate how they cut out the last few seconds just for some extra commercials. Anyways, I don't agree that Oak turned into a noob. He said himself that it is better for a professor to experiences a pokemon's power to learn about it more. Not to mention they were pokemon he had never seen which is only natural. Just look how we act when new pokemon are revealed.

I did like how they showed Ash's old friends and I am glad BW is over. Lost interest after the League. Can't wait to see XY even though I have already watched the first 8 episodes of the XY subbed.
Old December 7th, 2013, 12:20 PM
Pumpkaboo
Peek-a-boo

Nature: Quirky
Prof Oak definitely didn't act like a newb in the original version. It seems like the dub team really rushed this episode, it was almost cringe worthy compared to the original. Can't believe they cut the photo out at the end as well, I'm hoping it's still in the UK broadcast as we have less commercials.
Old December 7th, 2013, 10:03 PM
Wobbu
Yee

Nature: Relaxed
It's sad to see BW come to an end. I've really enjoyed this series and the filler that was Decolore. What I disliked about this episode was how Ash couldn't wait to leave. I know that he is really excited to travel though the Kalos region, and I'm glad that he's exerting his passion for his goal in life, but would it kill him to spend at least one extra day with his family? Anyways, like Iceman3317 said, the reason for Oak acting like a 'noob' is because you can never know a Pokémon's true power unless you experience it yourself. Oak even said it himself after being Boombursted by Noivern. Looking at all of Ash's friends from previous series was incredibly refreshing. It makes me wish that they will return someday.

Team Rocket's attempt at capturing Pikachu failed so hard but I really enjoyed seeing that group attack. I haven't saw some of those Pokémon in months. I like how Giovanni thought that Team Rocket destroyed Team Plasma. I can't believe that they just gave up their Pokémon to him. Wobuffet's return was the greatest moment of this episode, possibly the best moment of BW. I really wish that I hadn't spoiled myself during the days of the XY series speculation thread because I would've been going wall-to-wall with excitement after seeing Wobbuffet.

With all of the media that I used from Gen. 5 over with, I say goodbye. Farewell BW, I will miss you. Here's hoping that XY will be even greater!
Old December 12th, 2013, 05:31 AM
ilias_

Nature: Calm
It was a busy week for me, I just watched the episoded!!

I didn't know they cut out a scene with Ash's mother. Thanks for telling cause it was such a great scene. I wonder why they cut it out!

The episode was cute, I don't know if I am the only one but I felt like there was a lack of dialogues. Also, I didn't like that Ash didn't even make contact with his mother. Like, I'd love to see a hug or something! Ash rushing to leave was not necessary. He could have stayed 1 more day.

Bulbasaur's Solarbeam was weird. haha

About Team Rocket now. They had to give their Pokemon somehow. It was good that they were sad about that.. Wobbu's comeback was cute! (although we already knew about that).

I can't believe the BW saga is over now. I am going to miss it.
I can't wait for the XY saga to begin now. It seems interesting. I agree with Guy that we won't get new dubbed episodes before the new year but I am cool with it. I am on a Pokemon Anime marathon anyway!

Friend Safari:
Type: Fire.
Pokémon: Slugma, Magmar & Braixen.
Old December 13th, 2013, 07:21 PM
fenyx4
X does Y WITH AUTHORITY!

Nature: Timid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy View Post
No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No!

I will not accept Cartoon Network cutting off the last few seconds of this episode that showed Delia back at home putting up the picture with Ash and all of his Pokémon. It was bad enough that the episode didn't even take the time to show all of Ash's Pokémon like previous season finale episodes. So I'm very upset that they decided cut off the last few seconds that I was most looking forward to seeing at the end.
I had a good run beginning the Best Wishes/Black and White series but stopped being able to watch episodes down the line... In any case, I'm glad that the BW series had a decent finale to end things on.

I'm unable to watch the episode for now, so I can't really review.... But I'm mainly commenting to share my heightened dislike for the cutting of content from the episode at the end; I can't believe they did that for the Best Wishes finale. I mean, it's a season semi-series finale - it should at least get a pass; what advertisement was so important that the removed scenes/screenshot couldn't be shown? I'm guessing that it was a Cartoon Network edit rather than a TPCi edit...? (as in, if this episode ever gets released on home media, I'm hoping that the removed scenes stay intact and are properly presented in the episode..?)

And it's a really nice picture and a powerful screenshot, too!

Spoiler:

Also, can anyone clarify whether the episode is titled "Dream Continues" or "The Dream Continues"? (I've seen both titles used online) When Bulbanews reported on the episode's English title, it bugged me that the title looked like a sentence fragment (not sure whether "The Dream Continues" or "My Dream, Pokemon Master!" is the better title, but "Dream Continues" gets much better when the word "The" is properly added...). Thanks in advance if anyone can clarify this issue.

Last edited by fenyx4; December 13th, 2013 at 07:27 PM.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here