Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > ROM Hacking Hub

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

ROM Hacking Hub General discussions about ROM Hacking and Emulation. Not sure where to start? This is the place for you.
Posting links to ROMs is illegal and is not tolerated anywhere on the forum.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

View Poll Results: How much "SHINY" Pokemon do you caught in a hack?
1-2 21 65.63%
3-4 2 6.25%
5-6 3 9.38%
7-8 1 3.13%
9-12 0 0%
13-20 2 6.25%
21 and more 3 9.38%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old November 7th, 2013 (11:48 AM).
RimasLT
My beautiful - Mazda 323F <333

Nature: Docile
Send a message via Skype™ to RimasLT
Good evening pokeworld !

I want to ask all of you in this thread have you encountered an a "shiny" pokemon in someones hack ?

Is it possible to encounter a "SHINY" one in a hack ???

In my mauronish brains was this mind all the time since I registered a PC's community.

But yesterday ( 2013 - 11 - 06 ; 10:46 PM ) I encountered a one little fella - Zigzagoon in Pokemon Skyline hack ( my first "SHINY" overall caught legally ( without cheats ) ),so if anyone don't mind I want to share my caught "SHINY" Zigzagoon pictures with you people and want to see your people caught "SHINIES" in hacks ( mostly GBA hacks) & or are you using him/her in your main team ? I use my Zigzagoon ( female ) alot.

Thank you for everyone reading or viewing this tread and now the big present ( "SHINY" Zigzagoon pics )

Old November 9th, 2013 (03:59 PM).
Sniper
ワイルドフラワー

Nature: Quiet
Send a message via Skype™ to Sniper
Yes, in Pokemon Flora of Sky, Shiny shaymin is catch-able.
Old November 9th, 2013 (04:10 PM).
Superjub
Pokémon Aureolin
Community Supporter

Nature: Timid
I found a shiny Whismur in Pokemon Azure Horizons once, and I also found a shiny Ariados in Pokemon Shiny Gold (although I think how the shiny Gyarados was implemented in that game resulted in an increased chance to get shiny Pokemon.)
Old November 9th, 2013 (04:17 PM).
LindseyTNamez
Wataru's Dragon Protege

Nature: Sassy
Shiny Shaymin in Flora Sky and of course Shiny Gyarados in every silver/gold/crystal rom I play~ it's a must to catch it!

Pokemon X FC: 3668-9199-6474
Old November 9th, 2013 (09:02 PM).
RoboMan2010
Banned

Almost or around 15 hacked and caught.
Old November 9th, 2013 (09:35 PM).
Airikita

I don't care for shinys, their stats are fixed, and some Pokemon don't need stats that make them shiny. Any shiny legendary is a MISTAKE, because legendaries focus on a massive stat advantage points. Shiny stats split up the stats, and make it unbalanced. A shiny Latios/Latias will therefore have lower Sp.Atk and Speed than a premium-stat NON-SHINY Latios and/or Latias. Shiny is a mistake when balanced stats aren't necessary!

So, I don't mind a shiny, but not on Pokemon that need an imbalanced premium stat build.

I am a stat hunter as opposed to a shiny hunter. Yes, shinies are rare, but I learned to toss them. Tedious hours spent to catching something that will not benefit you in its highest glory.

The Vocaloids battling with Pokemon? What could go wrong?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xI8YOOHlEXQ
Po pi po! (Pokemon Gold music import)
Check out my channel for more!
Old November 9th, 2013 (11:07 PM).
RimasLT

Quote originally posted by LindseyTNamez:
Shiny Shaymin in Flora Sky and of course Shiny Gyarados in every silver/gold/crystal rom I play~ it's a must to catch it!
About "shiny" Gyarados - I know he was in G/S/C & in HG/SS and Liquid Crystal he was suppose to be, But in Flora Sky I just didn't notice that Shaymin was "SHINY" so I just defeated him & played futher without him ( I do not like Shaymin so why do I need him ) In Liquid Crystal In Johto E4 one of the members had Shiny Aerodactyl. So Red Gyarados is boring.That's it.

Old November 10th, 2013 (04:53 AM).
LindseyTNamez
Wataru's Dragon Protege

Nature: Sassy
Quote originally posted by RimasLT:
About "shiny" Gyarados - I know he was in G/S/C & in HG/SS and Liquid Crystal he was suppose to be, But in Flora Sky I just didn't notice that Shaymin was "SHINY" so I just defeated him & played futher without him ( I do not like Shaymin so why do I need him ) In Liquid Crystal In Johto E4 one of the members had Shiny Aerodactyl. So Red Gyarados is boring.That's it.
I caught Shaymin because I had the pokeballs and Gyarados is one of my favs. If you don't like them cool I was just sharing what shiny ones I caught, I don't even try for them so I don't see the point in shiny pokemon.

Pokemon X FC: 3668-9199-6474
Old November 10th, 2013 (06:12 AM).
RimasLT

Quote originally posted by LindseyTNamez:
I caught Shaymin because I had the pokeballs and Gyarados is one of my favs. If you don't like them cool I was just sharing what shiny ones I caught, I don't even try for them so I don't see the point in shiny pokemon.
You didn't understand me correctly , I just say that because in 6 games I saw Shiny Gyarados, too me is to much him in games,I like him but.... If you had 6 days one after another just play one game - you know it's kinda boring.

Old November 10th, 2013 (10:40 AM).
oshizlgzngahr

I only seem to encounter shiny pokemon in hacks, can never run into them in the actual games.

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old November 10th, 2013 (09:55 PM).
GreyVirgo
•=ØInfinityØ=•

Nature: Serious
In a hack?
Well it's a shiny Ryhorn in the Pokemon Ruby Destiny Life of Guardians Rainleaf town Safari zone I was teleported to a random place in the Safari Zone then boom I saw a shy Ryhorn....... G/S/C and Emerald are not hacks.

Other Forums Im In:

EGC Account: Grey
PHO Account: XLR8
LV Account: Grey

"I love making out with lamps!" - Nigahiga
Old November 11th, 2013 (04:39 PM).
VictorMoreno015

Send a message via Skype™ to VictorMoreno015
the shiny event aerodactyl in snakewood i have it in my white 2 cart now
Old November 11th, 2013 (04:52 PM).
latias190

Nature: Quiet
I found a shiny Horsea in Pokemon Ashgrey when I fished the first time on Cinnabar Island.
Old November 11th, 2013 (11:57 PM).
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Wasn't it scripted? 'cause making Pokemon shiny in a hack is a piece of cake.
I do remember catching shiny Roselia in Expert Emerald which I'm sure did not have shiny hack.

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old November 14th, 2013 (01:53 PM). Edited November 15th, 2013 by KosmoF.
KosmoF
Diehard Pokemon Fanatic

Nature: Naive
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to KosmoF Send a message via Yahoo to KosmoF Send a message via Skype™ to KosmoF
I uploaded the picture I took of the starter Pokemon chosen in a test file of my EEVEELUTION hack to its primary showcase album on my profile page; thanks for trolling me with a green JOLTEON, GAME FREAK, thanks a bunch.

Kos
Pokemon Eevee's Elementals version
Old November 14th, 2013 (04:08 PM).
Gawerty
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
I found a S Gastly in Pokemon Liquid Crystal. I caught it and used it, but unfortunately, I lost the data due to losing the device I used with the save data for it.
Old November 17th, 2013 (07:21 AM).
Penta Penguin
The biggest underdog in the world

Nature: Relaxed
I ran into 2 on Snakewood - Aerodactyl (which is part of the event), and the battle after it, a shiny Trapinch.

Next project: Pokemon Dark Nebula?

~Youtube~
Old November 17th, 2013 (10:07 AM).
VictorMoreno015

Send a message via Skype™ to VictorMoreno015
Besides the one I got in Snakewood I'm not sure if it counts but I got a shiny Wynaut yesterday in my Jap Emerald and I also got a shiny Squirtle in my Light Platinum game and I think I got one in Flora Sky
Old December 14th, 2013 (05:40 PM).
karatekid552
What happens if I push it?....

Nature: Bold
Send a message via AIM to karatekid552 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to karatekid552 Send a message via Skype™ to karatekid552
Quote originally posted by Airikita:
I don't care for shinys, their stats are fixed, and some Pokemon don't need stats that make them shiny. Any shiny legendary is a MISTAKE, because legendaries focus on a massive stat advantage points. Shiny stats split up the stats, and make it unbalanced. A shiny Latios/Latias will therefore have lower Sp.Atk and Speed than a premium-stat NON-SHINY Latios and/or Latias. Shiny is a mistake when balanced stats aren't necessary!

So, I don't mind a shiny, but not on Pokemon that need an imbalanced premium stat build.

I am a stat hunter as opposed to a shiny hunter. Yes, shinies are rare, but I learned to toss them. Tedious hours spent to catching something that will not benefit you in its highest glory.
Quote originally posted by Bulbapedia:
In Generation III, most of the data structures were redone. As such, a Pokémon's Shininess would no longer need to be linked to its stats due to incompatibilities between the previous generations. The determinant for Shininess is instead a calculation based on the Trainer ID number and secret ID number of the player encountering it and the personality value of the Pokémon. The same method is used in Generations IV and V.
Only in gen II were shinies linked to stats. Now, shinies are just normal pokemon whose randomly generated numbers, when combined with the numbers of the trainer, and some math is done, get a different color. I know this is a fact because I have seen the asm that does these checks.

Also, I have personally done hacks that increase shiny rate and I have force created shinies, so shinies in hacks aren't always something to be proud of. Check with the hack's maker to see if they did anything.

Paired with Simba
Old December 15th, 2013 (07:31 PM).
Aeroblast
Community Supporter

I think a long time ago, I found a shiny Magikarp in Blackthorn City of ShinyGold. I thought I had the shiny encounter code on, but I found out quickly afterwards that was my wasted luck.

WHIRL ISLANDS' FINEST (PKMN SHOP)
MY TRADE REVIEW THREAD
XY/ORAS FRIEND CODE: 3969-4824-9126

Old December 24th, 2013 (11:24 PM).
Jctatis

on hacked version never only the genesect on resolute but on another versions never. on my life only cathed a shiniy drowsee and ofc gyrados. and the blue ditto using the Red and Gold version.
Old December 26th, 2013 (10:56 AM).
Pinta77
Swadloon Trainer
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to Pinta77
Ive never found a shiny in a rom hack other than , my own. But I scripted it.

Wonder Trade!!!
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links