The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Fourth Generation

Notices

Fourth Generation Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum kicked off the fourth generation of Pokémon. Two years later, fans of the Johto region were treated to a remastered adventure in HeartGold & SoulSilver. Discuss the games, explore the features, share your experiences, and help other players out!

Old December 15th, 2013, 03:18 PM
Alex
TheRose, Pt
Community Supporter

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to Alex
In Pokémon Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum there's a park north of Hearthome City called Amity Square, where you can take a stroll with certain species of Pokémon outside their Poké Balls.

What do you think of this feature? Is it fun and efficient? Do you think it needed improvement? What Pokémon do you think should've been included but weren't?

I did my time and I want out
So effusive – fade – it doesn’t cut
The soul is not so vibrant
The reckoning, the sickening
Packaging subversion
Pseudo–sacrosanct perversion
Old December 16th, 2013, 04:15 AM
Diversion
Mega Aerodactyl.

Nature: Serious
I both liked and hated that square.

I hated it because there's nothing special there and more Pokémon should have been included.

I liked it because it was the start of Pokémon walking with you, a hint that this amazing feature will be in HGSS...only better! And you get the Spooky Plate and Amulet Coin there which is good.

Overall, I liked this feature only because Pokémon will walk with you.
Old December 18th, 2013, 08:03 PM
General Bravo
Imperial Commander

Nature: Adamant
It seemed to be some kind of experiment from the get go. Once the scans of HGSS started coming out, it became clear what it was for. Shame there hasn't been much made of it since then. Not that I necessarily want to walk around with my Pokemon always and forever. It should be an option you can toggle, IMO, but I'd be fine with them saving that till Gen VII.

Old December 18th, 2013, 10:01 PM
AuroraBeam
let it go~
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
I really liked it, it was cute. I hated you only could let a small amount of pokemon follow you though. There were many, many more cute pokemon that could have been added but I don't want to list them, lol.
I also loved its name, because my middle name is Amity. xD

I really just love a pokemon following you, though. I loved Yellow (my first Pokemon game) and HGSS for that feature.

~*~*~

~*~*~

Old December 19th, 2013, 09:50 AM
Sheep

Nature: Timid
Despite how cute of a feature it was, I did feel it was quite limiting due to how few Pokemon you could bring with you. I never did revisit the Amity Square very often when playing through D/P/Pt.
Old December 22nd, 2013, 04:51 AM
Starry Windy
Bring your melody to life
Community Supporter

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Skype™ to Starry Windy
I enjoyed Amity Square because I can bring my cute Pokémon to following me when I walk, run, and even turning around. It's one fun experience~
Pairs | PC Family | My PC Blog | Twitter | Tumblr
Old December 22nd, 2013, 09:05 PM
Hikamaru
pseudologia fantastica
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheep View Post
Despite how cute of a feature it was, I did feel it was quite limiting due to how few Pokemon you could bring with you. I never did revisit the Amity Square very often when playing through D/P/Pt.
I agree with Janna here, while Amity Square was a fun feature in the games, the limited number of Pokemon that could be admitted was a letdown. Not even the addition of the Sinnoh starters in Platinum could help it. I did like how you could get a few items here and there.

paired with AWsquared and Starry Windy
battle server | tumblr | twl | profile | supporter

loa: july 29 - august 12

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links