• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

Space Dandy

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years

Space Dandy is a dandy in space! This dreamy adventurer with a to-die-for pompadour travels across the galaxy in search of aliens no one has ever laid eyes on. Each new species he discovers earns him a hefty reward, but this dandy has to be quick on his feet because it's first come, first served! Accompanied by his sidekicks, a rundown robot named QT and Meow the cat-looking space alien, Dandy bravely explores unknown worlds inhabited by a variety of aliens. Join the best dressed alien hunter in all of space and time as he embarks on an adventure that ends at the edge of the universe!

-MyAnimeList

The much-anticipated anime Space Dandy is set for premiere on Toonami at 11:30 PM, January 4th 2014 in English. Are you hyped for this anime or is it the first time you've heard of it? Does it pique your interest? What are your expectations for it?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 1, 2024
This reminds me of That one Bobobo-bo bo-bobo anime I remember being shown on Cartoon Network early mornings/late nights when I was like 14 years old. I don't think I've ever been less inclined to watch a TV show than I have been watching this promo video. It looks sooooooooo stupid.

King Zelos

Blame Your Fate
Years
Yes! YES! So hype for this series. Being a huge fan of the Cowboy Bebop series I'm so looking forward to the craziness this show will surely bring. I also can't believe it's going to air here in U.S.A before anywhere else in the world. Kinda odd when you think about it, we aren't the biggest anime fans, especially when compared to Japan.

Years
So Shinichiro Watanabe has a new thing? I'll try it. His last work, Kids on the Slope, was fantastic so I'm gonna hope that he'll continue that trend. I have a soft spot for science fiction, too, and even though this looks like it could still be terrible, it at least it looks different.

Thanks for bringing this to my attention!

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
It looks positively ridiculous and possibly borderline stupid, but I'm going to watch it anyway, because why not?

Exactly the reason I'm going to watch it. I think the somewhat ecentric art style makes me think of Kill la Kill and Trigun and both are pretty ridiculous in nature and I love them both, so why should I not try and maybe even enjoy this one?

This reminds me of That one Bobobo-bo bo-bobo anime I remember being shown on Cartoon Network early mornings/late nights when I was like 14 years old. I don't think I've ever been less inclined to watch a TV show than I have been watching this promo video. It looks sooooooooo stupid.

That is exactly the anime I compared this to when I first saw it. But come on, Nick, the stupidity must draw you in, even just a little bit! :D

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
This looks pretty eccentric and fun. It reminds me of Cowboy Bebop in a way. I'll keep my eye on it when it airs.

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
It looks stupid, but that's what makes it so intriguing! I'm definitely watching the premiere to see if I like it. Plus it's directed by the same guy who did Cowboy Bebop, an anime I really love. What I find interesting is that it's airing in English(January 4th) first before it airs in Japanese (January 5th). That's a first. I'm interested in this.

Last edited:

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
I saw the premiere Saturday, and boy is it downright hilarious. I thought it was going to be a one-shot anime due to the ending, up until they showed the preview for next week's episode.

Years
I thought it was good, so I'll probably keep watching it. One of my friends said it reminded them of the love child of Cowboy Bebop and Johnny Bravo, and i have to agree. :P

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
I thought Dandy was hot it was really cute, and despite the action scenes being choppy due to the studio's animation style, it was really well-done. I was also scared that it'd be a one-shot considering the ending, but the preview made up for it. I personally can't wait for the next episode!

TwilightBlade

Years
I'm 15 minutes in the first episode of the dubbed version and it's hysterical. I'll definitely watch it throughout the season now.

Edit: I've caught up to episode 5, which was so sweet, I feel like crying.

Last edited:

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
Edit: I've caught up to episode 5, which was so sweet, I feel like crying.

I finally watched it last night and I can relate. It was so sweet and the character development was very well done. I hope this is the same kind of vein that the rest of the anime follows because I really enjoyed it, especially with Adelie's involvement.

Last edited:

TwilightBlade

Years
Dem feels, yes! If only Adelie could grow up fast and join the crew.

Episode 6 The War of the Undies and Vest, Baby is out.
Spoiler:

Years
I want to see more of Adelie. :( I got way too attached to her character because she had so much development in that single episode.

It went back to being its weird and raunchy self in the last episode, though. Which kinda made it a letdown of an episode for me. :(

TwilightBlade

Years
This week's was pretty great. It left me smiling throughout the episode. The collision at the end... lmao. Such randomness!

The plot hasn't progressed at all. Why are the antagonists hunting down Dandy? He's mostly an incompetent bonehead, though he did show some skills during the space race this week.

Back