The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Anime

Notices

Pokémon Anime Are you a regular watcher of the Pokémon Anime and its Movies or just an old fan? Come here, and take part in all the various ongoing discussions about the Pokémon Anime.

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old December 14th, 2013, 06:14 AM
Brendon McCullum
Making johto anime hack.

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Skype™ to Brendon McCullum

Advertise here
I want To share and know your Opinon on what would have happened if Ash ketchum's most lovely friend Pikachu would have evolved into a Raichu? Because as pikachu is small so he sits on his shoulders! WHat if It would have evolved into Raichu? Would ash ketchum have started to put him inside his pokeball? or what? and whats your opinion on his evolution?
Old December 14th, 2013, 06:25 AM
BadPokemon
Child of Christ

Nature: Calm
I use Raichu in the games, but if Ash's pikachu evolved, the series would not be the same. Pikachu is cuter and his personality could change. I don't think he would have stayed inside of a pokeball just becuse Raichu would be the new mascot. The series is better with Pikachu, and not Raichu.
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that who ever believe in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. - John 3:16

I believe in Jesus Christ my Savior. If you do too, and aren't scared to admit it, then copy and paste this in your signature.

Member of the Christian Community!
Old December 14th, 2013, 06:29 AM
Adventure
thief . of . light

Nature: Naive
Moving this to the Pokémon Anime section.
Old December 14th, 2013, 09:13 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

He would still stay Satoshi's main partner but Satoshi would get Riolu for the shoulder travel and Raichu would stay in PokeBall.

Since we're going for impossible scenario why not make it a bit valid, right? =D

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old December 14th, 2013, 10:43 AM
Wobbu
Not actually a whale

Nature: Relaxed
I don't think Pikachu will ever evolve because of how symbolic he is. If he were to evolve, then I expect that the only differences would be his voice and his strength. Everyone is so used to Pikachu that seeing Raichu instead would be weird.
Old December 14th, 2013, 12:44 PM
WatermelonTango

I think it would remain largely the same, it's just that pikachu is so popular that fans would be upset. Personally I kind of like Raichu more then pikachu, but I can understand that Pikachu is too much of a fan favourite to replace.
Old December 15th, 2013, 06:48 PM
Hikamaru
pseudologia fantastica
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
As others have stated, Pikachu is too iconic. Evolving him could see ratings plummet dramatically, which could eventually lead to the series getting cancelled. In fact, Pikachu even admitted he wanted to not evolve at all, plus in a Sinnoh episode Team Rocket eventually stole the Thunder Stone that Ash was holding onto since his Gym battle with Lt. Surge.

paired with AWsquared and Starry Windy
battle server | tumblr | twl | profile | supporter

on a leave of absence

Old December 15th, 2013, 07:08 PM
Brendon McCullum
Making johto anime hack.

Yes , many times ash decides to evolve pikachu but then a twist comes and ash relises to cancel his evolution!
Old December 15th, 2013, 08:13 PM
Otter Mii-kun
Molly, you're cute ;)

If Ash's Pikachu were ever to evolve, it would probably throw off many of the younger viewers and cause them to be disillusioned. Not to mention it would make it harder for the writers to 'reset' him and Ash come time for a new region.

I used to want Pikachu to evolve at some point, but considering that Ash has been 'reset' multiple times throughout the anime's run, I know it simply will never happen.
Old December 15th, 2013, 11:55 PM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndianCharizard# View Post
Yes , many times ash decides to evolve pikachu but then a twist comes and ash relises to cancel his evolution!
Evolution cancelling technique does not exist in anime as there's no B button. Only D button :/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otter Mii-kun View Post
Not to mention it would make it harder for the writers to 'reset' him and Ash come time for a new region.
Now that's something fans wouldn't mind xDD

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old December 16th, 2013, 12:44 AM
Slayr231
Aspiring Writer, or something...

If Pikachu evolved, the world would explode.

Okay, maybe I'm exaggerating a tiny bit. I think that Pikachu would become even stronger and Ash would definitely have a real powerhouse. I mean, if Pikachu beat a legendary when he was a Pikachu, I can't even imagine what Raichu would do.
Old December 16th, 2013, 04:08 AM
Brendon McCullum
Making johto anime hack.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satoshi Ookami View Post
[B][FONT="Calibri"][COLOR="Red"]
Evolution cancelling technique does not exist in anime as there's no B button. Only D button :/
I didn't mean button! I just meant that ash sometimes thinks if he should evolve pikachu and then changes his mind!
Old December 16th, 2013, 07:43 AM
MRFlame

If it were to evolve, Raichu will be over powered. I mean in all the battles, Pikachu is the one that mostly defeats the pokemon..

If it were to evolve, then the Anime can end cause he can just walk straight up to elite four and own them all..

And who says Raichu can't be cute
Old December 16th, 2013, 08:14 AM
Tyrantrum
none pizza with left beef
Community Supporter

Nature: Lonely
Send a message via Skype™ to Tyrantrum
Well, for one, there'd be a lot less traveling via Ash's shoulder for Pikachu, lol. I definitely agree with the bit about ratings plummeting since Pikachu is loved by thousands (or millions?) or kids, and older fans would probably be upset too since it would ruin their nostalgia, maybe?? I probably wouldn't care too much, but Ash & Raichu definitely does not have as nice of a ring to it like Ash & Pikachu does.
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndianCharizard# View Post
Technically, Ash doesn't decide; he lets Pikachu do the deciding since he wants to respect his partners choice knowing that it's a permanent decision.

I'm actually wondering if they'll bring this back in the XY series, and if they do, maybe they'll make it more of a close call? Like, Pikachu nearly decides that he wants to evolve and is about to touch the stone, but then changes his mind at the last minute? I don't know, haha.

(x) Tumblr
(y) Gallery
Previously Eeveon
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here