Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Advertise here

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio > Sideshow Showcase
Notices

Sideshow Showcase The place to show side-projects that you're working on, for the small yet still big things you want to do, such as translation patches, "386" patches, and anything small like that.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Old October 28th, 2013, 05:08 PM
LocksmithArmy
Mew!

Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0

Advertise here
Quote:
Originally Posted by UKNOWJUSTIN View Post
So I'm guessing us guys playing these on our iPhones and androids are screwed on evolving after beating e4?
I have completed this game with no issues on android... the glitch does not happen to everyone.
Old October 28th, 2013, 06:17 PM
karatekid552
What happens if I push it?....

Nature: Bold
Send a message via AIM to karatekid552 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to karatekid552 Send a message via Skype™ to karatekid552
Quote:
Originally Posted by LocksmithArmy View Post
I have completed this game with no issues on android... the glitch does not happen to everyone.
I wonder if the issue is an emulator specific issue? Like how I had to patch parts of JPAN's hack to work with a real bios file because VBA's bios file was different. I haven't seen any of the previous posts on this topic actually say which emulator they are using. Why don't you post the emulator you use and do what Manipulation did with Sienna, since that hack only worked on VBA.

Paired with Simba
Old October 28th, 2013, 07:03 PM
LocksmithArmy
Mew!

Ive used vba amd for android i used myboy (cause it has the m-1 subcircuit settings... altho they are not needed for this hack) aswell as the old gbaoid. I also used john gba or something but did not play through (ddnt like that emulator)

Would be nice if its a emulator issue (and not my fault lol)
Old October 28th, 2013, 08:05 PM
slim spazzy
Best Beta tester

Nature: Hasty
I played this hack on an emulator called gameboid.When I went with oak to catch Pokémon in the safari zone i met a few shiny Pokémon like a shiny pineco or shiny pichu and I caught them but when I battle my rival im using a missingno or a question mark like pokemon.
This signature has been disabled.
Too wide. Don\'t put two banners next to each other.
Please review and fix the issues by reading the signature rules.

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old October 28th, 2013, 08:07 PM
LocksmithArmy
Mew!

You have an old (very old) version... update the newest patch
Old October 28th, 2013, 08:11 PM
slim spazzy
Best Beta tester

Nature: Hasty
Quote:
Originally Posted by LocksmithArmy View Post
You have an old (very old) version... update the newest patch
Will it still be possible to catch shiny Pokémon as your starters ? and will you be releasing a harder version of dark violet ?
This signature has been disabled.
Too wide. Don\'t put two banners next to each other.
Please review and fix the issues by reading the signature rules.

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old October 28th, 2013, 08:12 PM
LocksmithArmy
Mew!

Nope no shiny starters... i couldnt fix that first battle glitch... and i did not make dark violet
Old October 29th, 2013, 02:56 AM
ImperfectHarmony

Little thing about the players guide: Grimer evolves at 38, not at 36 like the guide says!
Old November 11th, 2013, 11:57 PM
rehodigan

Hey locksmitharmy
In ultra violet where exactly do you find mudkip in 4 points isle
Old November 13th, 2013, 11:44 AM
LocksmithArmy
Mew!

mudkip, i dont remember, but there is a guide (check the first post) and I would guess... right out by the dock you arrive at, try surfing around the water there.
Old November 14th, 2013, 02:09 AM
zalos666

So the shiny patch on route 11 never works for me, my friend who is right beside me does it and EVERYTIME he gets a shiny, what do i do?
Old November 14th, 2013, 02:18 AM
Flower
ワイルドフラワー

Nature: Quiet
Send a message via Skype™ to Flower
Quote:
Originally Posted by zalos666 View Post
So the shiny patch on route 11 never works for me, my friend who is right beside me does it and EVERYTIME he gets a shiny, what do i do?
It works for me, can you explain how'd you do it?
PM | Flower | VM
Old November 14th, 2013, 02:22 AM
zalos666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagittarius View Post
It works for me, can you explain how'd you do it?
You walk onto the shiny patch then the next wild you encounter should be a shiny, but it never is
Old November 14th, 2013, 11:34 AM
LocksmithArmy
Mew!

Just try updating ur rom man... maybe urs is outdated idk
Old November 15th, 2013, 07:10 PM
Projectwolfie
I play for keeps!

If it's a BIOS issue, that would mean it would probably behave differently on GBA.emu or something like that, because it uses a simulated BIOS as opposed to requiring one to be added.

I'll see if I can't replicate the problem if I have time on my hands since I do have a copy of that (I'm kind of working on my own projects ATM).
Old Project: Pokemon Fire Red 251+
Reboot from scratch coming soon!
Old November 17th, 2013, 12:55 PM
LEGENDxREMIX

hey locksmitharmy i have one question why is it that every time my pupitar evolve's in to tyranitar the games freeze's (everytime) so now im stuck with pupitar ;_;
Old November 19th, 2013, 03:21 AM
ImperfectHarmony

Hey LEGEND, try reading the thread next time :

Quote:
Originally Posted by landeroth View Post
Fix for the game freezing when pokemon evolve after beating the E4 (based off what I did 3 minutes before this post):

1. beat the E4 again.
2. don't have pokemon fighting that could evolve during the fight.
3. let the game save using the in game save
4. load that file after reset
5. talk to Prof. Oak
6. go to Oak's lab and receive nat'l dex (again) and instructions to go to 4 point isle
7. level pokemon to test evolution working.

possibility i'd like to test.
1. go straight to Oak's lab and see if he has anything to say to you.
2. listen to what he says if he does.
3. level pokemon to test if evolution freezes game still

awesome hack, LSA. are you also on a lockpicking forum?

P.S. method two worked as well, but it took two tries. using charmander > charmeleon for testing against E4 Lorelei.
If you cancel evolution to attempt to continue, the game will freeze going to Bruno, btw. the only fix i have found is to talk to Oak about the 4 point isle. it seems to fix everything, testing a second evolution.

P.S.S. second evolution of Pokemon worked, squirtle > wartortle. do NOT use speed boost on VBA when evolving. froze it after the fix when testing first time.

P.S.S.S. Defeating E4 again resulted in game freezing for wartortle> blastoise evolution. did not talk to oak after defeating E4 before this error. have talked to oak about 4 point isle previously. never visited 4 point isle. going back and speaking to oak did not fix error. still froze when going from wartortle > blastoise

Finally got wartortle > blastoise to work (third evolution tried after initial glitch fix). it required loading the save from beating the E4 (the game autosave). based off of what i am seeing, it is a glitch caused by skipping the game "ending" and continuing straight. Whenever I picked the "YES" option after Oak, the rival, and I run out of the building, it causes the evolution freezing the game glitch. A save can be fixed after this happens by defeating the E4 and using the in game autosave. This leads me to believe the glitch is caused by the feature of skipping the game reset after the E4 battles. AKA, if you are using an emulator that can't use the in game save, you're screwed as far as I can tell.

Going to 4 point isle seems to have affected nothing.

Emulator used= VBA 1.8.0 beta3
ROM= Pokemon Fire Red with ultra violet 1.22
not sure of pokemon fire red version. don't bother asking unless you can tell. all i can do is send you the rom (i made a copy before i patched it)

Summarization:
1. beat the E4.
2. don't have pokemon fighting that could evolve during the fight.
3. let the game save using the in game save
4. load that file after reset

will fix saves that currently have the "freeze when evolution occurs" glitch.
If you can't use the autosave, I think you're screwed.
Old December 11th, 2013, 03:12 PM
HawkOfDelusions

Hey Locksmith just wanted to say great job on the Ultra Violet hack its awsome bro. I read somewhere that you was not adding any more Generations to the game. Please reconsider this. If you did add Gens 4 and 5 it would make this hack the best hack availiable.
Old December 11th, 2013, 06:26 PM
Sider

Nature: Timid
Locksmith awesome hack bro. I LOVE what you did with the choosing of the starter. That is by far one of the best and most creative additions to ANY Pokemon hack or game I've ever seen. Would you release a tutorial for that or PM me a link to where I could learn how, or you figure you'd keep that to yourself?

3DS Friend Code: 3668-9185-5171 Add and send PM please!

Native Vivillon Pattern:

Certified "Keeper of TRUTH" see post #5 in my shop

Elements and Sider's Ultimate Trade Shop

Sider's Trader Review =]
Old December 15th, 2013, 11:23 AM
LocksmithArmy
Mew!

Your welcome to tear the game apart and look at the scripts... but the baic jist of it is to send the player to a new area and start the safari game... it gets a little complicated because exiting the safari game sends u to fuchsia city... but thats fixable too... it wasnt too hard
Old December 21st, 2013, 07:26 AM
Pokemon_ultra_voilet_rocks

lock smith army how do you go to cacta combs plz help
Old December 21st, 2013, 08:17 AM
LocksmithArmy
Mew!

You must buy the house in the 4 points town first... then ull have access to the catacombs.
Old February 15th, 2014, 11:32 AM
Ghost Down

Nature: Relaxed
For my first Pokemon would you recommend catching a Machop or Larvitar?
Old February 19th, 2014, 12:23 PM
crabcrouton

Hi Locksmith, thanks for the mod. I'm having a great time with it.

Can I trouble you to look into the Spec/Physical split for this mod? I've tried to manually apply it to Ultra Violet but it results in Prof Oak refusing to talk to the player.

I found the ips in a thread called Research: The 4th gen class split in 3rd gen in this forum.

Thanks again
Old March 1st, 2014, 12:58 PM
ConnorL

Any ideas on most likely reason the Pichu egg has appeared before reaching E4? And if seeing this egg will cause problems later on? I'd rather not continue playing this save if I won't be able to do certain things.

Playing on GBA4iOS2 btw.

Thanks for any help
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here