Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Pokémon Essentials
Reload this Page [Question] How to make a in battle cutscene with audio and dialogue

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Pokémon Essentials All questions and discussion about Pokémon Essentials, the Pokémon game kit for RPG Maker XP, go in here. Also contains links to the latest downloads and the Essentials Wiki.

Old December 14th, 2013 (05:25 PM).
Horizon Seeker - Symphonic Horizon Lead Dev.

Nature: Timid
This was one of the things that I have been trying to figure out for the longest time, and it was to add dialogue and audio to play during a battle after a set amount of turns. Or when something key happens, like when a Pokemon faints or what-have-you. If there is a way to go about doing this, I would be more than happy to know. Because I have been set on finding out how this can work for very specific and and very plot heavy battles where the characters talk to each other.

As a reminder, do not take any of the artwork from my thread, or deviantART. Do not use, or post it anywhere. YouTube, dA, etc.

Old December 15th, 2013 (12:31 AM).

Nature: Mild
I suppose you could mess around with this script

Old December 15th, 2013 (04:12 AM).
Pokémon Island Creator

http://pokemonessentials.wikia.com/wiki/Tutorial:Last_Pok%C3%A9mon_message_and_BGM may helps you.
Old December 15th, 2013 (07:47 AM).

I was thinking about this script as well, but, it doesn't allow me to call dialogue in the middle of battle, rather it works for when your opponents last Pokemon is sent out. I would need it to call dialogue whenever a set amount of turns pass, and also at the beginning of a battle. Also, does it allow me to play individual audio files on command? Because I need to have certain sound effects play during these scenes? How would I go about doing that exactly? Because, when I look at it, it plays music, but again, at their last Pokemon.

As a reminder, do not take any of the artwork from my thread, or deviantART. Do not use, or post it anywhere. YouTube, dA, etc.

Old December 15th, 2013 (08:31 AM).
Pokemon Crystal Rain Relased

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to venom12
Quote originally posted by Dylanrockin:
I was thinking about this script as well, but, it doesn't allow me to call dialogue in the middle of battle, rather it works for when your opponents last Pokemon is sent out. I would need it to call dialogue whenever a set amount of turns pass, and also at the beginning of a battle. Also, does it allow me to play individual audio files on command? Because I need to have certain sound effects play during these scenes? How would I go about doing that exactly? Because, when I look at it, it plays music, but again, at their last Pokemon.
He said it may help you, so you need to edit that for you needs, you can add message, add special audio.
Old December 15th, 2013 (09:18 AM).

Quote originally posted by venom12:
He said it may help you, so you need to edit that for you needs, you can add message, add special audio.
Alrighty, I edited the script, but how do I repeat the commands, like, "PbSEPlay," and "PbPokemonCount," so that in a battle multiple lines are able to play as well as multiple sound effects?

Old December 18th, 2013 (05:07 PM).

I'm still having trouble adding repeatable SE's and bringing up dialogue at multiple points.

Old December 21st, 2013 (01:56 PM).
Pokémon Island Creator

Quote originally posted by Dylanrockin:
I'm still having trouble adding repeatable SE's and bringing up dialogue at multiple points.
In any class (like PokeBattle_Battle), you can initialize global variables like '@insertthevariablenamehere=false' at 'def initialize'. Use it as game switches.

If you have trouble with this, you can use even the game switches with the command '$game_switches[INSERTSWITCHNUMBERHERE]'.

Sponsored Links