• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Getting an Error after Modifying some system messages D:

Years
  • Seen Aug 19, 2015
After editing the text that appears when saving, loading, and deleting games, ect. (such as "Are you sure you want to overwrite this file?) yada yada, I attempted to test the text I had set for deleting a saved game by running the game and trying to open the delete save screen. When I put in the button command to do so, it told me I had an Argument Error on line 227 of PokemonLoad, saying there was a wrong number of arguments, 0 instead of 5. I am only marginally familiar with Essentials scripting, but I cannot find any differences from the script of that line and the surrounding lines in my game, and that script in the default version of Essentials (other than the messages I put in). Can someone help? Anyone know why it's giving me this error and not allowing me to delete saved data?

Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2023
It would be helpful to include what your code is as well as the text or a screenshot of the error your are receiving. At a glance, I can see that Line 227 of PokemonLoad is a call to pbStartScene in the same class, which is a method requiring five arguments (commands,showContinue,trainer,framecount,mapid). Since that instance of the call doesn't list the arguments in my version, I assume it gets them from the @scene object on which that method is called by way of some other method.

In any case, I can't imagine a reason you might need to change the text of the delete save screen.

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
Years
This is a bug in Essentials v13. It'll be fixed in the next release.

Years
  • Seen Aug 19, 2015
Oh okay Maruno, thanks :) I won't worry anymore about it then.
And yea, it's a small unnecessary thing, but I'm nitpicky and I wanted to customize the text XD sue me.

Back