• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen How long did it take for you to become bored of Black City/White Forest?

Shrew

is a Shrew
Years
I took more than a month to beat White, which was relatively quick compared to how much I spend my sweet time in other pokemon games. As a result, my White forest was completely empty. It took me months to find a friend in my neighborhood who had Black who could help me replenish my forest. It was tedious to replenish, and even then, I couldn't get the actual pokemon I wanted (Porygon) because he didn't have the person for it. Furthermore, I already had all the pokemon in White Forest technically already-available through Poketransfer. I think Black and White 1 did a pretty poor job of these features, despite the idea of a White Forest being one of the biggest things I looked forward to. Black and White 2 did a much better of using these facilities to have good replay value.

Years
I scarcely visited these areas so I suppose it didn't take long for me to really stay interested? I'd pop in whenever I remembered to and had things to do there but that wasn't very often.

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
Years
Having just finished the main story arc a few days ago, I just arrived at Black City and battled a few of the trainers. Thing is, I don't really get it. Like are there more trainers there each time you visit or something?

Years
I didn't get a lot in my Black City given the fact it took me 13 days to beat the main story on my Black, and as a result, I'm now bored of it because it's completely empty.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Mar 5, 2014
I'll be honest, I played around in White Forest for maybe an hour before just moving on to the next game.

Corvus of the Black Night

Wild Duck Pokémon
Years
You know a mechanic sucks when you ask people "how long did it take you to get bored of it"...

For me it didn't take very long. Like 2 days. I still play Black's battle subway though. weeee

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
Years
The Whole concept of Black City / White Forrest was flawed and designed for conditions only found in Japan - i.e. everyone in the country playing locally to exchange data.

If they did the same thing with Friends and Acquaintances from PSS XY, the whole thing would make more sense.

But between the Friend Safari granting extra Pokemon and the Battle Chateau offering Level Up Trainer battles, the need has been filled by better ideas.

Ramsie

Currently in Unova
Years
Because I took my sweet time in White 1, I did not get to experience any of what White Forest had to offer. It was practically just a Pokemon Center. I definitely prefer White 2, which at least has the White Treehollow, something I can actually use to train.

Jet Pilot

I killed Spiderman.
Years
I got bored of White forest on my White version in literally, 30 seconds. I've never got to Black City however, so I can't say much about that. I'm about two kills from reaching there though. White forest was a major disappointment.

Nakala Pri

Literally.

It was barren, completely empty and as soon as I left the city, the people were gone, so I had no use of ever returning unless I needed a place to throw up. xD

Back