The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > ROM Hacking Hub > The Team Room

Notices

The Team Room Team up, start a formation of dedicated hackers and helpers. Here, you can discuss production of hacks with other groups, or make your own hacking group (through approval processes).

Old November 11th, 2013, 05:25 PM
Tide
Nocturnal ROM Hacker

Nature: Careful
Send a message via Skype™ to Tide

Introduction

Hello, I’m Khaz/Tide - I don’t quite mind what you call me as long as it isn’t embarrassing and/or derogatory. I, like many people, aspire to create my own Pokemon game. This desire was just a fantasy until a few years ago when I was exposed to the vast and advancing ROM hacking community, which inspired me to master as many hacking processes as I could, ranging from easy stuff like title-screen hacking, to scripting. I felt that I was ready to embark on my own mission to make a full-fledged hack, but I was slapped firmly across the face. I knew I couldn’t do this alone.

After some time passed, I became eager to work on the game. I decided to take a more intelligent route, by posting a thread in the Team Discussions board. In doing so, I was able to recruit some decent assistance. However, the project slowly died and festered due to lack of tile insertion. Without that, we were unable to continue much of the project. The thread became inactive passed revival point, and it seemed it was pretty much over.

One day, I decided to go back to the Emulation board and check out what my fellow hackers were doing. What I saw sparked my ambitions once more. Solid, the only remaining recruitee, and I kept contact in Skype - one thing led to another, and here we are.

We hope that by bringing an even more professional side to our team will attract more people to help. I would like to use this paragraph to state how determined I am about this project. I have high expectations - there will be no plot holes, no grammatical errors, everything will be high quality, few glitches. I cannot bring myself to publish an imperfect product. This WILL be the next big name hack, and that will become more than a statement if you all join Project Flux. If this is going to happen, we have to do it together. Let’s make one of the best hacks anyone has ever played!

Storyline

You have grown up around Pokemon your whole life in the small area known as LakeView Town. You were rarely exposed to any hardship, and led an excellent and enjoyable childhood. Then comes the time in every child's life where he/she is offered their first pokemon to embark on their Pokemon journey with.

Unfortunately, you overslept. You wake up to the sounds of your best friend pelting rocks at your window. "Get out here!" He yells to you. You urgently get out of bed and dressed, meeting him outside your house. You both run to the Professor's lab, but due to being late, must go out and fish for your starter pokemon.

Through an odd turn of events, you get your pokemon and are sent off to pursue your goals as Pokemon Trainer. Battling gyms, and following the standard game layout, you encounter Team Utopia, who, like their name suggests, want to create what they see as a Utopia. They plan to destroy the existence of pokemon on the "Human Planet", by honing the power of various legendaries.

Do you have what it takes to become one with your pokemon and use your forces to save the world?

(*Note: This is not only subject, but watered down to not give out extreme plot details right from the start.)

Current Team Members

Khaz (Tide) - Leader, Miscellaneous Hacker, Scripter, Mapper, Storyline Developer, Minor ASM
Solid (Solid_Sphere) - Co-Leader, Main Scripter
Patrick (Patrick Symus) - Scripter, Resource
Zipo (Ziposaki) - Spriter, Storyline Developer

Screenshots

spoiler warning
The proceeding text contains a spoiler.
Plot and/or ending details follow containing information on Pokémon Rippled Version.

Spoiler:

Features

Innovative Starter Receival
New Tiles
New Sprites
New Music
New Moves
New Battle Backgrounds
New Items
New TMs/HMs
New Hero/Heroine
New Antagonistic Team
200+ Pokemon to Encounter
Best Storyline You’ll Ever See From a ROM Hack (Guaranteed)
Inserted Pokemon From Generations IV and V
Whole New Region To Explore
Days, Nights, & Seasons

Application Form

Code:
Name: What would you like to be called?
Timezone/Country: Either of them, or both, will do.
Availability: How much time can you devote to the project?
Skills: Self-explanatory
Proof of Work: Self-explanatory

(*Note: We have a much higher priority on acquiring spriters, tile inserting, and music hacking more than any other position.

Special Thanks To...

Ep!c
JNathan

Last edited by Tide; December 20th, 2013 at 08:59 PM.
Old November 14th, 2013, 05:33 PM
Solid_Sphere
Aspired Programmer

Nature: Relaxed
Khaz, I modified the tiles we have, so they are ready for insertion once we get a tile inserter.
Old November 15th, 2013, 04:36 PM
Ziposaki

Name: Zipo or Zip is fine
Timezone/Country: Central/ US
Availability: About an hour at least a day?
Skills: Spriting, some mapping, although I much prefer spriting
Proof of Work: Will be PMed.
Old November 16th, 2013, 01:06 AM
Tide
Nocturnal ROM Hacker

You're in! Thank you for applying, it is greatly appreciated!
Old November 16th, 2013, 10:22 AM
Gourang

Name: Gourang

Timezone:
GMT +5.5

Availability:
Alot

Skills:
Beta Testing and Basic Spriting

Proof of Work:
Have not worked on ROMs that were released yet but I am good
Old November 16th, 2013, 11:48 AM
Tide
Nocturnal ROM Hacker

May I ask, what does "basic spriting" entail?
Old November 18th, 2013, 08:46 AM
Gourang

It means like re coloring, color borders and metallic borders(Black, Grey and Light Grey mix)

Friend Code lost, If found please return to Volkner(Sunnyshore City Gym Leader)

Old November 22nd, 2013, 10:50 PM
MySlimey
The Hero

Nature: Jolly
Name: MySlimey, Goober or Barq is fine
Timezone/Country: +8:00 Philippines
Availability: Anytime you want just not Mondays, Wednesdays or Fridays. I'll just tell you when I'm available those days
Skills: Spriting
Proof of Work: None

Twitter: @I_M_Arkin
Steam: Barqisawesome
FC in Pkmn X: 0387-8809-5480
Old November 25th, 2013, 03:03 PM
Tide
Nocturnal ROM Hacker

I'm sorry, but I will have to decline the both of you based on your proof of work. :/
Old November 25th, 2013, 09:38 PM
EthanAG

Nature: Calm
Name: EthanAG
TimeZone: Pacific Time Zone, USA
Avalible: Weekends: Close to 5 hrs, Weekdays: 3.5 hrs
Skills: Mapping, Scripting, Basic Spriting (creating simple sprites)
Proof: None really, This might be my real first Rom hack to complete and stuff) :/
Old December 2nd, 2013, 11:15 PM
Tide
Nocturnal ROM Hacker

I greatly encourage you all to continue to apply, we have desired and open positions in overworld spriting, and tile inserting specifically. Progression is being made consistently over time, but we cannot finish the project without your help. Please note that your applications are appreciated, and continue to come to us with your talents.
Old December 20th, 2013, 09:42 PM
Solid_Sphere
Aspired Programmer

Nature: Relaxed
Tile inserters are still needed to help complete this project. Please do not hesitate to apply if you are thinking about doing so!
Old December 25th, 2013, 10:54 AM
Vespertine

Name: Tom (I'll be applying for the music creator position!)
Either is fine, I'll send them to you if I am selected to be part of the team.
Timezone/Country:
GMT, London.
Availability: As much as I can!
Skills: Extensive background in music composition for a variety of purposes. As of yet I have no experience inserting music into Pokemon games, however I am very willing to learn!
Proof of Work:
I don't have any copies on my person at the moment, but if you private message me I would be more than happy to send you some of my work!

Thanks!

(Just a note, I also have an ability to check for spelling, punctuation and grammar errors on the hack if necessary!)

Sponsored Links