The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Pokémon Essentials

Notices

Pokémon Essentials All questions and discussion about Pokémon Essentials, the Pokémon game kit for RPG Maker XP, go in here. Also contains links to the latest downloads and the Essentials Wiki.

Advertise here

Old December 25th, 2013, 05:07 AM
tImE
It's still me, 44tim44 ;)

Nature: Relaxed

Advertise here
Hi guys,
I'm trying to create a new Encounter method for use in "Tall Grass"-esque flower patches, similar to Pokémon X and Y, however, I'm not especially good at RGSS, and the documentation on the wiki is quite lackluster, so I ask here.

How do I create a new terrain-tag, where wild battles occur, which can use an Encounter method separate from the "Land Encounter"?

I have been able to create the Encounter method itself, so I can add Pokémon which appear in that encounter, but I am unable to create a terrain-tag where these encounters occur.

Thanks in advance!
Old December 26th, 2013, 03:21 AM
Nickalooose
--------------------

What do you mean?

You've got the encounters to work, but you want them to only appear on say terrain tag 30, which would be placed on a map with grass and water?

This took me a long time to figure out myself, but I don't want to ramble on if you have it working already ^_^
Old December 26th, 2013, 04:44 AM
tImE

No no, I mean, I don't know how to make a tile, for example, a flower patch, work as a wild-grass-tile, but with a separate list of Pokémon from normal grass.

I have managed to create a list, but I don't know how to tie it to the tile.

There is Land, Water, Cave, etc. encounters
Land = Wild Grass and Tall Grass = Terrain tag #2 & #10
Water = Water (duh) = Terrain tag #5, #6 & #7

I have added "Flowers" as an encounter-method, just like Land and Water, since there was a tutorial on the Essentials wiki, but there was no continuation, so I don't know how to assign that encounter-method to a new terrain-tag, for example #15.

This means I can create a list of Pokémon that should appear, but cannot make a tile WHERE they appear.

...If that makes any sense.
Old December 26th, 2013, 04:53 AM
AlexTCGPro

Nature: Timid
Quote:
Originally Posted by tImE View Post
No no, I mean, I don't know how to make a tile, for example, a flower patch, work as a wild-grass-tile, but with a separate list of Pokémon from normal grass.

I have managed to create a list, but I don't know how to tie it to the tile.

There is Land, Water, Cave, etc. encounters
Land = Wild Grass and Tall Grass = Terrain tag #2 & #10
Water = Water (duh) = Terrain tag #5, #6 & #7

I have added "Flowers" as an encounter-method, just like Land and Water, since there was a tutorial on the Essentials wiki, but there was no continuation, so I don't know how to assign that encounter-method to a new terrain-tag, for example #15.

This means I can create a list of Pokémon that should appear, but cannot make a tile WHERE they appear.

...If that makes any sense.
Yeah I get it, take a look at this tutorial it may help you

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=238730
Old December 26th, 2013, 06:42 AM
tImE

Wow, thanks a lot Alex!

Thanks to that tutorial, I managed to get it working! :D

Sponsored Links

Advertise here