Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Pokémon Essentials

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Pokémon Essentials All questions and discussion about Pokémon Essentials, the Pokémon game kit for RPG Maker XP, go in here. Also contains links to the latest downloads and the Essentials Wiki.

Old December 26th, 2013 (03:16 PM).
tImE
It's still me, 44tim44 ;)

Nature: Relaxed
Hey guys,
Today, for some strange reason, the VS-animation started displaying the players mugshot mirrored.
...Which means he is staring away from his opponent.

Another error that occured at the same time is that the player now lack a trainer-backsprite.

I have obviously checked the graphics folders, and both the player backsprite and the mugshot are as they are supposed to be.
The only script edits I've done since they worked is changing SpriteWindow line 1977; SpriteInput to an earlier version, posted by ~JV~, due to encryption errors with the new version and some lines in PokemonEncounters and PokemonField to make two new terrain tags which functions as grass.

I did not have these errors earlier this week, does anybody know what I might have accidentaly f*cked up?

Thanks in advance!
Old December 26th, 2013 (03:37 PM).
Riansky
Purr

Care to post the scripts you have edited? Its kinda hard from not knowing what you edited. There could be some stuff that was overwritten in v13 or something.
Old December 26th, 2013 (04:14 PM). Edited December 27th, 2013 by tImE.
tImE
It's still me, 44tim44 ;)

Nature: Relaxed
Spoiler:
PokemonEncounters
http://pastebin.com/mNfHV47N

PokemonField
http://pastebin.com/r68pjcEv

SpriteWindow
http://pastebin.com/4azh6y5J

All the edits I made were made after I upgraded to v13, but my problems started to occur after my edits.

EDIT:
It seems that my edited scripts were not the problem.
I tried moving over all my content except for the scripts to a clean version of Essentials v13, and the same bugs still occur.
This makes me even more confused, because if it's not a problem with the scripts, what is it that are producing these bugs??

EDIT2:
I found the error.
When updating from Essentials v8 to v13, I forgot to copy the trainertypes.txt PBS file, which resulted in the game assigning trainer ID 68 and 69 to the player.
These ID's are reserved for the rival of the gender the player didn't select. These Trainer ID's have no backsprite and are using the reversed Mugshot, since they are on the other side of the VS-animation. lol

A Mod can lock this thread if they wish.

Sponsored Links