• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Favorite Challenge IV

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
716-a.png

The Favorite Challenge
717.png

A huge thank you to everyone that has continued to make this challenge popular! I can't believe we're on our fourth one!

Before Starting...
I suggest going to Serebii's Pokedex so you can see a list of Pokemon for each type. You will need to make a list of your favorite 6 Pokemon from each type, even the types you don't like. Have it typed up or written down somewhere. You're not required to post this list, but if you really want to, please put it in spoiler tags. The reason for this is so people that have relatively weak favorites (NFE, Pokemon with low base stats, etc) don't get completely screwed by the person assigning their team.

Once you make your list, then you're good to sign up. The next person to sign up will choose 6 types (so teams of 6 are required for this challenge). Let's say they pick Rock, Bug, Fire, Dragon, Dark, and Ghost. You would have to use your 1st fave rock, 2nd fave bug, 3rd fave fire, etc. Get me? ;)

Original concept by Master Strife.

The Rules
1. Cheating/hacking in certain Pokemon is allowed only if necessary (events or inability to trade). Pokemon that are in your regional dex may not be hacked/traded in unless you cannot obtain them before the 2nd gym. (can we even hack in this game yet i don't know lol)
2. Trading is allowed for all Pokemon not in the regional dex. Eggs may be traded. Wonder Trade may be used, as well as GTS and Pokemon Bank. Trading in evolution items, Mega Stones, or trading to perform an evolution are fine.
3. Please don't lie about your favorites in your list for those of you not posting it.
4. HM slaves are allowed.
5. Exp Share can be used.
6. After your team is assigned, if you end up with more than one legendary, you must choose which one to keep and the other must be discarded in favor of any other Pokemon from that type that's on your list.
7. A Pokemon can be listed as a favorite for more than one type. (ex. Delphox can be a favorite Fire and Psychic type). However, this runs the risk of using two of the same Pokemon, so be careful when making your list.
8. If you end up with a Pokemon that's not fully evolved, you must keep it that way. That NFE Pokemon is what's in your favorites, not the evolution (usually, anyway...but you see my point for the sake of the challenge, right?).
9. New! When signing up, you are allowed to pick one of your types, however you may not pick the position is takes in your list (1st, 2nd, etc). The one that assigns your types will place it wherever they want. If the person assigning your types disregards the type you chose, replace the last type they assigned with the one you chose. This is only if someone ignored your request. Don't do this if they actually listened! This is optional, not a requirement.
10. New! If you end up with a Pokemon that you recently used in another challenge or playthrough, you may swap that Pokemon for another one of the same type on your list if you have evidence that you just used it. Simply post a link to your post in the other challenge, or whatever else you might have to show you just used that Pokemon (YouTube, Instagram, blog, etc.). I want people to be able to enjoy the challenge, and using the same Pokemon that you just used elsewhere can be a drag. These will be checked, so please be honest!
11. Challenge ends after defeating the Champion.

If you have any questions, please VM me! If you post in here, there's no guarantee I will see it immediately!

The Alternate Challenge
If you do not have the ability to obtain Pokemon not within your game (or would prefer this method entirely), list only 1 Pokemon per type (must be available in your game of course). With this method, you run a higher risk of using two of the same Pokemon, so be wary. When your types are assigned, you'll just go with the first and only thing you have listed for that type.

The Forme Factor
Some Pokemon change type upon form, and others don't. When making your list, please do not list specific forms. If you meet a certain criteria, you will be allowed to change forms.

List of form changes and rules for those:
Spoiler:

Sign-up Format
User: Everlark (first time signing up for something with this name awww)
Game: Y
Freebie Type: Fairy
Favorites:
Spoiler:

Champions
Spoiler:

Please VM/PM me with the link to your final update when you finish! I am terrible at keeping up with things.

Last edited:

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
User: [Supporter]NecrumWarrior[/Supporter]
Game: X

Okay, I got my list together. Not using the freebie type cuz I'm a traditionalist. I'll be starting as soon as I pick up a new copy of X, will be collecting whatever my team ends up being in the mean time.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Yeah, freebie type is just something new to make this one different than old ones. Give me some types, bird! ;> Just don't forget my freebie is Fairy. And you get to use Ice, Fire, Fairy, Bug, Poison, and Steel when you get your copy.

Years
Hey Syd, the challenge is up!

User: Fenneking
Freebie Type: Grass
Favorites:
Spoiler:

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
Sorry, had a brain fart from all the wracking my brain to think of new Pokemon I like.

1. Fairy
2. Poison
3. Psychic
4. Dark
5. Fighting
6. Flying

I'm a little off put by my team. I seem to have pretty bad luck, given how I got Hydreigon last time.

1. Articuno (AWESOME FINALLY!)
2. Delphox (Same Starter I already used...)
3. Togekiss (Literally just used one in my Fairy Mono...)
4. Vespiquen (Love it)
5. Tentacruel (Haven't used one in forever)
6. Dialga (... I used you on the last one.)

Since there's 2 Legendary mons on the list I'm swapping Dialga for Bronzong. *sigh* I really don't want to use Delphox and Togekiss again...

Favorites:
Spoiler:

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
That's okay, mine isn't too thrilling either haha.

1. Sylveon (who I used in-game in X already)
2. Ariados (used in BW Favorite Challenge)
3. Reuniclus (not bad, but not good...wasn't in the mood to use it but I'll be fine)
4. Yveltal (used in-game in X as well...)
5. Mienshao (woo!)
6. Charizard (the only thing I'm looking forward to honestly...lol)

I think I'll start with Chespin, just cause it's the only one I've used like...never. Plus I need whatever bird that roams if you choose him. So yeah, nothing thrilling for this playthrough, but at least my team isn't crappy. Just wish it didn't consist of two Pokemon I just got done using. :(

Edit: Necrum, do you wanna swap Delphox and Togekiss with something else in their respective lists? I wouldn't mind honestly, because I know that can be annoying having to use something you just got done with. I almost put a clause into the rules, which I'm highly considering now. Not sure how much you've changed the Random Challenge, but I know when I did it, you could specify when signing up which Pokemon you did/didn't want, and I always put Pokemon I just used into my list. But if you wanna keep what you've been assigned, that's fine. I thought I'd give you the option to go ahead and swap them though.

Last edited:

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
I would actually really like to use the event Blaziken on a run, so that would be cool. I think for Togekiss I would replace with Dedenne since I accidentally missed it when I was rushing on my second Fairy Monotype. That is a good idea though for Random Pokemon Challenge, so I think I'll do that.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I know only two people have signed up right now, but would you guys like for me to add that to the rules? I know that it may come up a few more times. I don't want y'all thinking I'm doing it just cause of my team. I actually thought of it when reading Necrum's post, before reviewing my list and seeing what I have. If y'all think I should go ahead and add it, I'll make sure I do it after work. I think it could come in handy. :)

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
I think if there's reasonable proof that a Pokemon was used recently then yeah. All it takes is a simple link to a post from another challenge with the mon you used.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 12, 2016
User: Twizted25ID
Freebie Type: Dragon
Favorites:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

That list ... took SO much longer than anticipated. Like an entire hour, lmao. It was difficult because I forced myself not to repeat. Which I think I did well on. If there are, oh well, we'll cross that bridge when and if necessary!

Last edited:

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
User: Twizted25ID
Freebie Type: Dragon
Favorites:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

That list ... took SO much longer than anticipated. Like an entire hour, lmao. It was difficult because I forced myself not to repeat. Which I think I did well on. If there are, oh well, we'll cross that bridge when and if necessary!
Your types are:

1. Dragon
2. Fairy
3. Poison
4. Psychic
5. Bug
6. Fire

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I think if there's reasonable proof that a Pokemon was used recently then yeah. All it takes is a simple link to a post from another challenge with the mon you used.

That's what I was thinking, however there's those that used them in-game and never documented that anywhere, like myself. I just used Sylveon and Yveltal. I really like them (I mean, they're in my list for a reason!) but I just got done with them. I guess people could link to a post they made in "What's your team?" though I don't know if I ever did that. I do, however, have a link to my Hall of Fame video on Instagram with my team, so that's sufficient enough. I'll go ahead and add that clause, cause I mean, the point of this challenge is to use your favorites, but it does take the fun away when you just used them for something else. That goes for any challenge though, really. But yeah, adding that in.

Exchanging Sylveon for Klefki and Yveltal for Absol. Here is my Hall of Fame video showing I just got done with them. It was October, but it was my only playthrough of X, so good enough in my book.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 12, 2016
About to head to work. One question OP. Mewtwo isn't obtainable until the game is beaten. I suppose alternatively I could import it in to my Y from my X, but having a level 70 seems so wrong. What's the ruling on such a circumstance? As much as I'd like to use Mewtwo, I'd hack him in at low level for the sake of science and for the fun of the run if I could. But that is obviously not an option.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
About to head to work. One question OP. Mewtwo isn't obtainable until the game is beaten. I suppose alternatively I could import it in to my Y from my X, but having a level 70 seems so wrong. What's the ruling on such a circumstance? As much as I'd like to use Mewtwo, I'd hack him in at low level for the sake of science and for the fun of the run if I could. But that is obviously not an option.

Here are the options: 1. You can hack him in at a low level and use him as soon as you'd like. 2. You could trade in the one at level 70 after defeating all gyms (not my ideal thing personally). 3. You could swap him for a different Psychic type on your list.

Personally, I'd do the first one. That way you get to enjoy using him, and since he's post-game, he fits the criteria for the hacking/trading rule.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
That's what I figured, and hacks won't get through Pokemon Bank either. So you're left to swap it, or use the level 70 one and just trade it in really late.

Edit: I'm even slower at learning Kalos routes and cities. Route 8 is before the 2nd gym, right? I know that it takes forever and a day to get there (which is why it's 2nd gym as opposed to the normal 3rd gym rule) but idk how many routes it spans. Baaaah. I think they're before. If that's the case, then I've got Absol and Mienfoo as my first party members to look forward to.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 12, 2016
I'll sub out.

Final team:
1. Garchomp
2. Gardevoir
3. Venomoth
4. Metagross
5. Yanmega
6. Delphox