Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Video Games

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Video Games For all of your gaming needs! From console gaming to Let's Plays, this area encompasses all things relevant to gaming and gamers.

View Poll Results: Is the white 3Ds XL too noticeable when playing the game?
Yes, incredibly. You should go for a black screen. 1 6.25%
Yeah, you should probably go for something else. 6 37.50%
Nah, it's fine. 9 56.25%
WHA- The white version is the best! 0 0%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old December 1st, 2013 (02:03 PM).
Pikachuie
Go Seahawks!

Nature: Lonely
So im trying to get blue stacks to work on my virtual drive i have on VMware Workstation for Windows XP professional I don't know if its 32 or 64 bit and i have 40 gb of hard drive and 1 gb of ram. but i get a error message heres what i get " The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000135). Click on OK to terminate the application
Old December 3rd, 2013 (07:40 PM).
Lord Scalgon
What title?

Nature: Brave
Send a message via AIM to Lord Scalgon
Quote originally posted by Pikachuie:
So im trying to get blue stacks to work on my virtual drive i have on VMware Workstation for Windows XP professional I don't know if its 32 or 64 bit and i have 40 gb of hard drive and 1 gb of ram. but i get a error message heres what i get " The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000135). Click on OK to terminate the application
1) Go to "System" in Control Panel. Does the system mention "x64 Edition"? If not, it's 32-bit.
2) To solve the 0xc0000135 issue, you most likely did not download the .NET Framework. More info can be found here.

(I work with VMware, just so you know.)

YouTube (mostly uploads of bullet hell shmups) || Extreme Perplexity - Dodging Hell (demo game created by me)
[may need voice actors for my puzzle game...VM me if interested]
Old December 4th, 2013 (10:47 AM).
Pikachuie
Go Seahawks!

Nature: Lonely
Quote originally posted by Lord Scalgon:
1) Go to "System" in Control Panel. Does the system mention "x64 Edition"? If not, it's 32-bit.
2) To solve the 0xc0000135 issue, you most likely did not download the .NET Framework. More info can be found here.

(I work with VMware, just so you know.)
Oh yeah i forgot to get that XD
Old December 8th, 2013 (01:26 PM).
Origin Green
Smell ya later!

Nature: Quirky
I was wondering how I could clean my 3DS touchscreen, dust and stuff has got itself In the corners of the screen and I can't figure out how to remove it...
Old December 8th, 2013 (01:29 PM).
Introvert
Banned

Dude I was just about to make this same thread 0 :
Old December 8th, 2013 (01:34 PM).
Origin Green
Smell ya later!

Quote originally posted by Introvert:
Dude I was just about to make this same thread 0 :
Haha seriously? I was really wondering if it was a good idea posting this hahahaha
Old December 8th, 2013 (01:38 PM).
Spinosaurus

Get a soft cloth and try to gently rub the corners until it's all gone.

You should also buy a protective screen, honestly. First thing you should always do when buying touch screen devices.
Old December 8th, 2013 (01:40 PM).
Introvert
Banned

Yeah for real lol. I've been using a cloth because it doesn't leave scratches on my 3DS, but when I dry the two screens it leaves tiny bits of fabric and stuff and it's really annoying because then I have to clean the screens again. It's a never ending cycle.
Old December 11th, 2013 (07:37 PM).
~RNC~
Mother Of All Pokemon!!

I have a 3ds xl and on the top screen scrolling across it says: "UPDATE NOTICE: An update is available for this title. Lunch it while connected to the internet to start update process"
I went to the system update, but it is still scrolling across, where do I go to find out how to make it stop? Since I done the system update I can't post in that section, but if it's about the game, should I post there.
My Thread Review ---> HERE
Old December 23rd, 2013 (10:14 PM).
Franco.B

hey all!

I was just wondering if anyone knows of games that have native support for 2560x1080. I know it's not a common aspect ratio, but I just throught it'd give it a stab in the dark.

Thanks in advance!

And check out this hilarious video about the monitor:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SrSfPdih93U
Old December 24th, 2013 (06:42 AM).
Mithel_Celestia
Alluring Illusion

Nature: Modest
I saw a Pokemon XY 3ds a while back and I was planning to get it, but one thing, it has a tag that says 110V. I assumed it meant it could only hold 110 volts of electricity as opposed to 220 Volt of our conventional outlines and If I tried to plug it in to charge, it might spark. I don't know what the 110V tag actually means but in comparison to other 3DS, is the Voltage different? Does the 110V mean something else?

Trainer Data:
Full Name: Mithel "Myth" Celestia
Hometown: Lacunosa Town
Trainer class: Ranger, Psychic, Deceiver*
Specializes in: Dark, Psychic-Types

*Deceiver (Japanese: 奇術師 Illusionist) is a type of trainer class who specializes in Illusions and deceptive tactics to take advantage of their opponents. They are tricksters and tend to disguise themselves as another trainer class to deceive challenging trainers, but soon break off of it as soon as they are found. They tend to use annoyer and stall tactics such as Embargo and Swagger along with bulky and fast Dark-types like Zoroark and Umbreon to give trainers a hard time during battle.
Old December 24th, 2013 (09:21 AM).
Tsutarja

Nature: Jolly
I went ahead and moved this over into Video Games (after discussing it with the moderator) and we both agreed that this fits better here. :3
Old December 24th, 2013 (09:36 AM).
ShadowE
Competitive RTS gamer, also drunk
Community Supporter

Quote originally posted by Mithel_Celestia:
I saw a Pokemon XY 3ds a while back and I was planning to get it, but one thing, it has a tag that says 110V. I assumed it meant it could only hold 110 volts of electricity as opposed to 220 Volt of our conventional outlines and If I tried to plug it in to charge, it might spark. I don't know what the 110V tag actually means but in comparison to other 3DS, is the Voltage different? Does the 110V mean something else?
From what i know, the V usually stands for Volt, so its different unless the V stands for something else.
Old December 25th, 2013 (12:28 PM).
Pinkie-Dawn
Clever Girl

What's the main problem of the errors I keep getting whenever I try to go into Miiverse and eshop on my 3DS? Is it my router or my e-mail address?
Old December 27th, 2013 (05:07 PM).
DowntownDumpling

Nature: Quiet
I don't see why it'd be problematic.
Old December 27th, 2013 (05:18 PM).
machomuu
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Quote originally posted by Pinkie-Dawn:
What's the main problem of the errors I keep getting whenever I try to go into Miiverse and eshop on my 3DS? Is it my router or my e-mail address?
Neither, both of them were down yesterday and the day before because of traffic.
Old January 1st, 2014 (01:55 AM).
Hasif101

Guys my Eshop is down and in wondering if that is normal. If it isn't, then can someone help me.
Old January 1st, 2014 (05:53 AM).
Zekrom

My eShop appears to be working fine. So it might just be you. This would've been normal if this happened to you about 5 days ago.

My Trade Shop (currently open!)
Old January 2nd, 2014 (07:47 AM).
debbiedebbo

I had to do two software updates last week on both my 3ds and wii and both times I kept getting errors when updating. I managed to successfully download the updates in the end, but now having just switched on my wii to play Zelda Twilight Princess that I got for Xmas, it is asking for another update and again I am getting errors. The internet connection tests are working fine. Is anyone else having trouble doing software updates? I have read that because so many people are trying to do updates Nintendo don't have the server capacity to support it. I really wish they would sort it out, its back to work for me on Monday and precious gaming time is running out!
Old January 4th, 2014 (07:16 PM).
TheBigMan0706
UMAD?

Nature: Lax
I got a $50 PSN card for Christmas last month, and want to get a new game. The thing is, I already have the PC version of Minecraft. Are there any noticeable differences between the PS3 and PC versions (besides the control scheme obviously)

who knew?

I don't calculate stat values, I don't breed my way to perfection, and I don't care about natures. I catch my Pokemon the way they are, and treat them like individuals instead of brainless drones. If you use this philosophy, copy & paste this into your signature.
Old January 4th, 2014 (07:19 PM).
machomuu
Community Supporter

Modability is a major one. Not sure about others, but personally I couldn't see me playing Minecraft if it didn't have mods or Bukkit servers.
Old January 4th, 2014 (07:40 PM).
TheBigMan0706
UMAD?

Nature: Lax
Quote originally posted by machomuu:
Modability is a major one. Not sure about others, but personally I couldn't see me playing Minecraft if it didn't have mods or Bukkit servers.
but i don't play with Mods....

who knew?

I don't calculate stat values, I don't breed my way to perfection, and I don't care about natures. I catch my Pokemon the way they are, and treat them like individuals instead of brainless drones. If you use this philosophy, copy & paste this into your signature.
Old January 4th, 2014 (07:48 PM).
machomuu
Community Supporter

Quote originally posted by TheBigMan0706:
but i don't play with Mods....
There are other differences, too. A number of blocks aren't included in the PS3 version, worlds aren't infinite, max players per server is 8, and it's behind the PC in terms of updates.

Some people like it, but honestly I don't really see a reason one would go with the PS3 version if they have a PC version. That's just my input, though.

...And give mods a try, you'll love what you find.
Old January 12th, 2014 (06:34 PM).
DowntownDumpling

I can never enjoy mods. It just constantly reminds me that there are other players who are amateurs, below the pros in skill level, but are still better than me. (I'm studying game design.) Same with a number of indie games.
Old January 18th, 2014 (08:28 AM).
LuminescentUmbreon
Eeveelution Trainer

Nature: Mild
I'm trying to decide which game to get and I need your opinions! I've played other Mario Kart titles and thoroughly enjoyed them so I know what to expect with it, but not Animal Crossing. I've heard plenty of good things about it but have never experienced it for myself, so I decided to read reviews and I came to the conclusion that its pretty interesting and would be neat to try out. But I have become stumped as to which I should get. Which game would you recommend and why?

"Winning isn't everything, its the only thing." - Vince Lombardi
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links