• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN FULL] Hollow Shadows [OOC/SU] [T]

waningGrimalkin

Level 5 Spin Ninja
Years
Name:

Duvai Trociam Melsoca
Nickname:

Your boss calls you Duvi.
Female
Appearance:

You have short, messy brown hair that sticks to your face. You have 2 sets of cloths: a dark red tunic with pants of the same material, and a dress that is light red with light brown pants. You have a leather belt that you wear with both, a prefer the tunic. You have 2 different shoes, one comprise of a sack and straps, the other of some kind of leather. Also, a knife hangs at your side, along with some pouches for money and berries, and some rope. You carry at knapsack that holds Lar on a long stick. Lar sits in the knapsack, as you don't really like it when he rides on your head, and his legs are too short to have him walk along side you. Your eyes are brown.
Personality:
You are a total an utter natural coward. Pokemon scare the crap out of you. Well, Lar doesn't, but Lar couldn't scare a Rattata. You also have really over-the top reactions, so you're told. But that's just because most things deserve an over-the-top reaction! A narrow bridge?!? A piece of uneaten, probably diesease harboring meat?!? A horrible gigantic death beast!?! (*coughcoughpokemoncoughcough*) You're probably this way because it's one of the only ways to get Lar from walking to close to the edge of the bridge, eating that piece of meat, or going up and biting that pokemon.
You are a pessimist. It's kinda hard not to be, after your life was destroyed. You've been told that you are a downer to be around, well, when you've been with other kids. Most of the time they just ignored you, pretended like you didn't exist. It was weird that you had a pokemon. So, you're pretty antisocial. You aren't really all that good at talking to people. However, you're really good at getting stuff done. It's just so satisfying. Working is something you can do without talking to people. Plus, Lar is actually pretty good at helping and following directions. He once lifted this GIANT box that you couldn't! It kinda scared you, but it was also kinda amazing! Anyway, yeah. You like to work.
One final thing people tell you is that you get angry real fast. That's if something threatens you or Lar. It's so they can't see how scared you are. So, you gotta be angry.

History:

When you were 7, pokemon destroyed your life.
You were down getting water from the creek. Then you saw 2 giant pokemon, colors as brilliant as flowers, battling. Although you didn't know it at the time, they were a Salamence and a Tyranatar. Apparently they were fighting over the young or something, it wasn't really clear. Nothing about that day was really clear to you. The river ran through a small gulley, in a forest. You saw a group of young pokemon, Lavitar, run past you above. One, probably curious, stopped to look at you. One of the others bumped into it, sending the poor thing down the hill. It came to a stop a few feet in front of you, sat up, and started crying. You picked it up and fed it a berry. It smiled. You put it in your bag where it promptly fell asleep.
Then your dad ran along. He was a hunter, who got food for the city. He picked you up, and continued running. You think you might have asked him what was going on several times, but you don't think he answered.
The creek, and your house, was a 3 minuete run from the city. Dad set you on a bench outside the city and told you to wait there for him. He was going to get mom. Mom wanted to study the human in pokemon. A pokemon sympathizer. Dad ran off into the woods. The Larvitar climbed out of your bag and poked at your face.
Dad didn't come back.
You're not really sure how long you sat there for. The Larvitar stayed by your side, though. When he got hungry, he started eat the bench. After a while, it looked like he was worried. He ran off into the forest. You thought he had left, but he returned. With berries. Next thing you knew, you and the Larvitar were staring at the orphanage. Some good sumanitarian had dragged you there. You walked in.
When you were 9, you tried to release Lar. The social shunning and the stress of caring for him became to much for you. So, you walked outside the gates and left him there. You couldn't help but think of him all day, though. You saw a Rattata, and you almost yelled for Lar to leave it alone. Lar had become par of your daily balance. So, at the end of the day, you ran back outside the gates. He was sitting on the bench, crying. The same bench Dad had left you on.
When you turned 12, you got a job at a botany. The orphanage still gave you food, but required that you tried to get a job. So, you lifted, watered, and fed plants all day, and still do. It's a fairly good job. Lar likes he plants, and, THANKFULLY, understands that they are not to be eaten. You also get a good discount on berries.
A few moths ago, you turned 14. You've been pretty happy, housed in the orphanage, given good food by the botanist. However, when you turn 15, you get kicked out of the orphanage. You think that you could join the army, but you don't know if it would be good for Lar...
Pokémon Species:
Larvitar
Pokémons Level:

15. It took forever for him to get that strong!((Though, I'd rather be level 12. My character is supposed to be fairly weak.))
Pokémons Moves:
Bite(start) Sandstorm(5) Chip Away(14, so if it's okay to be Level 12, no) Ancient Power(Egg)
Pokémons Personality:

Lar is so cheerfull it bothers you. He's almost constantly smiling, that is, when he's not crying. He has
almost no pain tolerance, so if he gets hit, falls, or bumps into something hard, he starts crying. However, if you feed him a berry, he stops. That's good. He used to cry even more, but now he cries less. It's not unusual for him to go from wailing his eyes out to grinning in a matter of seconds. He also like to chew on stuff. You're pretty sure he's like some kind of uber omnivore! He ate some a rat once, then some weird leaves, then the ground! Lars is also very curious. You're really pretty sure he's gonna die some day because of that... however, he makes you more brave with all the suicidal stuff he does, or try out things you wouldn't have. In return, you keep him alive. He also falls asleep a lot. That's probably because he's still pretty young.
Weapon:

You have... a knife. And a stick. And a piece of string. SPEAR POWER!!!!
Magic:

As she is very weak and will probably lose her weapon somewhere, she may learn some magic. But for now, she doesn't know it exists and would probably find someone who knows it TERRIFYING. But then again, she finds the vast majority of people in general terrifying.
Password:

Pokemon and the past is fun!
Other:
You started calling the Larvitar Lar, as a short version screamed when he was about to do something dangerous. It became his name. What?!? You were 7, 7 year olds don't make good nicknames!
Also, is it okay if I write in 2nd person? It's more natural for me that way. Also, yay first post!

Last edited:

Dualik

Eloquent Trainer
Years
I'd like to make a formal apology to everyone... but I'm going to have to close this RP.

Two thirds of the original candidates have kept up while the rest have not and to be honest the original idea I had for this RP has felt less and less plausible in my mind the more I have thought about it. I didn't really plan it well enough in advance to make it a success of an RP and I have nowhere to go with it.

If that wasn't enough, I've been getting busier and busier lately. With work, things I do for charity and projects for school piling up on top of each other almost to the point where I can't really keep track of it all.

To be honest, the ever looming status of it has become a bit of a burden on my shoulders and to be honest I just decided to let it slip because of that. I'm really just not ready to be a GM... and as such I was trying to just let this die peacefully hoping nobody would really be too bothered by it.

I must apologize... I understand that what I'm saying is selfish and that I shouldn't have started this in the first place. But my own determination and excitement blinded me to my own lacking time and ability to be a good GM.

So in short... I think this is the end of Hollow Shadow. Perhaps I'll try to reboot it one day, when I have enough time and determination to see it through.

I'm also sorry for ranting about all of this to you. But it was either this or say nothing and keeping you guys waiting any longer would have been wrong... as such you can now officially consider this RP at a premature end.

Thank you all for showing any interest during this projects fairly short lifespan and, as I said, I may reboot it some day.

Kranic

What did you say about my hair
Years
  • Seen Jul 31, 2014
It's sad to see the roleplay go, but I understand where you're coming from and I'm happy your giving us a clear goodbye. It's pretty sad how many roleplays die without a word from anyone.

Good luck with your future endeavors!

Back