Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Video Games
Reload this Page If Wii U Discontinues...

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Video Games For all of your gaming needs! From console gaming to Let's Plays, this area encompasses all things relevant to gaming and gamers.

Old December 29th, 2013 (02:55 PM).
Real Riders Wear Pink

Nature: Quirky
Quote originally posted by Spinosaurus:
VGChartz is not credible at all. Don't trust that site.
Is this link more credible? I've come prepared for these type of sources: http://playeressence.com/video-wii-u-and-3ds-sales-skyrocket-in-japan-media-createfamitsu/

Quote:
Also the Wii U needs help. /on topic.
Check the article I've linked, it really doesn't really need help at the moment. By the time 2014 rolls in, we'll have Tropical Freeze, Mario Kart 8, Yarn Yoshi, the Xenoblade sequel, Miyamoto's new IP, Bayonetta 2, SSB4, the two upcoming Zelda titles, Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem, and possibly other Wii U titles Nintendo will announce in their upcoming directs. Nintendo is still the king of gaming.
Old December 29th, 2013 (02:59 PM).
you're not alone

Nature: Naive
Quote originally posted by Pinkie-Dawn:
Is this link more credible? I've come prepared for these type of sources: http://playeressence.com/video-wii-u-and-3ds-sales-skyrocket-in-japan-media-createfamitsu/

Check the article I've linked, it really doesn't really need help at the moment. By the time 2014 rolls in, we'll have Tropical Freeze, Mario Kart 8, Yarn Yoshi, the Xenoblade sequel, Miyamoto's new IP, Bayonetta 2, SSB4, the two upcoming Zelda titles, Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem, and possibly other Wii U titles Nintendo will announce in their upcoming directs. Nintendo is still the king of gaming.
Thanks for the link, that's interesting to know.

That might just be the help it needs then. The Wii U doesn't just need one good game, it needs a good, round after round of good interesting games to get people interested again. That's how the 3DS did it and if they try really hard, this is how they'll get back in the driving seat. They just need to focus and do it right because while they can handle discontinuing a console, it certainly won't look good on them.

"You don't need a reason to help someone..."
Old December 29th, 2013 (03:22 PM).

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Skype™ to Xander Olivieri
Eh...from a retail standpoint:

My store alone has sold more Wii U's than either of the other new Gen systems. Granted both are a little more reserved than the Wii U, never before have we had this much trouble keeping the Wii U in stock. The past month we've sold around 500 Wii Us which was our entire Christmas Stock, while we still have 30 Xbox Ones last time I was at work (2 days ago) We've had Xbox ones since Black Friday. Normally we get requests to transport them to other stores in the region if they run low but it seems as if the same thing is happening to all the stores in our region.

I don't think I've seen Nintendo sell out more than the other gaming consoles before. Their sales, at least in my area have picked up tremendously since October. All the systems tend to not have a lot of worthwhile games at the beginning. Even the 3DS had an incredibly slow start.

I don't see the Wii U discontinuing until the next gen model is released.
Old December 29th, 2013 (03:41 PM).

Nature: Quiet
Quote originally posted by Lindblum:
You can't twist the truth unless you lie.
Yes, you can. That's the whole point of rhetoric.
Old December 29th, 2013 (07:21 PM).
New Start!

Nature: Relaxed
Smash Bros 4 should do a good job in revitalizing Wii U sales. If Wind Waker could raise sales in the UK by nearly 700%, Smash should be able to do even better.
And I do think the Wii U will come into its own like the 3DS did, but I don't think it'll ever reach the success the PS4 and XBone are projected to achieve. I mean, they both sold more units on their launch days than the Wii U did in a year.

What this could mean for Nintendo, it's hard to say. I think saying they're headed towards becoming another Sega is extreme, but it's not a preposterous claim either, depending on how its sales over the next few years plays out.

~Sa-Dui~
Old December 30th, 2013 (01:33 AM).
3DS and Wii U Game Developer

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Skype™ to MKGirlism
I've been to the local Media Markt yesterday, customers asked me what 'Wii game' they recommend me, which works with 'the screen controller'.
The Wii U has a similar name to the Wii, and the Console alone looks similar to the Wii too.

So why should they get a very expensive Wii U, while their current Wii still works?
Besides, it's The Netherlands, where Mod Chips and Flash Cards are massively used by everyone, and yet are prohibited by law.
Because it's the country where a € 50,- meal with friends at the McDonald's is more affordable, than a € 5,- Laptop Mouse.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links