• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Luckiest moments on Pokemon X and Y?

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Feb 29, 2024
So, I've literally just hatched 2 shiny Eevee's in a row. Although they don't have the best natures, their IV's are really good. So it makes me wonder, what have been your luckiest moments throughout this game so far?

Years
I'm not certain, but I would say encountering a shiny Floatzel during a Wedlocke Challenge while I was training for the eighth Gym. Unfortunately I didn't complete that Wedlocke, I backed out in Victory Road after an extremely stupid choice caused me to lose my only answer to Wikstrom and Malva to a critical hit. =(

I also encountered a 4 flawless IV'd Charmander (31/31/31/?/31/?) over Wonder Trade. Then the next day (Thanksgiving), I bred a Jolly one with 31's in all but Sp Atk. Then the next day I used it to breed a completely flawless Jolly Gible with Iron Head, Iron Tail and Outrage.

Phangy

Master
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Sep 10, 2014
catching both X and Z with only sleep powder and 1 ultra ball each. didn't even have to weaken them.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Feb 29, 2024
I'm not certain, but I would say encountering a shiny Floatzel during a Wedlocke Challenge while I was training for the eighth Gym. Unfortunately I didn't complete that Wedlocke, I backed out in Victory Road after an extremely stupid choice caused me to lose my only answer to Wikstrom and Malva to a critical hit. =(

I also encountered a 4 flawless IV'd Charmander (31/31/31/?/31/?) over Wonder Trade. Then the next day (Thanksgiving), I bred a Jolly one with 31's in all but Sp Atk. Then the next day I used it to breed a completely flawless Jolly Gible with Iron Head, Iron Tail and Outrage.

Wow that's pretty lucky and sorry to hear about the bad luck streak. Almost like my 3 days of straight egg hatching to still not get my shiny froakie :(

catching both X and Z with only sleep powder and 1 ultra ball each. didn't even have to weaken them.

I'm sure they've increased the capture rates for the legendaries, i didn't even put them to sleep or anything, and I caught one with a quick ball first time, and another with only 2 Pokeballs because I forgot to stock up. Might have just been some golden luck though.

DynamicD

Metagross Fan
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jan 22, 2015
A while back, I made a batch of Scythers, but none of them had Technician, so I WTed all of them off. After 7 or 8 WTs, I noticed at the last minute that one of the Scythers was a shiny, and I was too late to cancel. Yesterday, the gods of Pokemon thanked me, and I was given a Shiny Tododile in return!

UseTheRNGLuke

The RNG is strong in this one.
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen May 25, 2014
Wow, that's lucky. Even with the lowered shiny rates if you were using Masuda TWO IN A ROW would be 1/466,489. Regular would be an insane 1/16,777,216, worse than the chance of winning the UK lottery (1/13,983,816)

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Feb 29, 2024
A while back, I made a batch of Scythers, but none of them had Technician, so I WTed all of them off. After 7 or 8 WTs, I noticed at the last minute that one of the Scythers was a shiny, and I was too late to cancel. Yesterday, the gods of Pokemon thanked me, and I was given a Shiny Tododile in return!

I'd literally be beating myself if I did that :O
I'd love a shiny Totodile though, I wish I got lucky catches over the GTS.

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
Years
I have four very lucky moments that stand out:

1. I got an HA Froakie in my very first Wonder Trade.

2. I caught Zygarde in one turn: I had my Mawile use ice fang, Zygarde froze, I used a Dusk Ball, and boom. Caught it.

3. I ran into a shiny Floatzel in Victory Road just yesterday. I almost KO'd it, because for some reason shinies don't seem to sparkle during horde encounters, and shiny Floatzel's coloration doesn't make it stand out as shiny. I just said "Why is that one Floatzel paler than the others? Graphics glitch, maybe? Oh snap, it's a shiny! For the love of god, don't kill it, Cathy!"

Years
Saw a shiny Greninja up for trade in GTS for a Heatran, which I happened to have at the time. It turned out to be hasty protean 6IV and is now being cloned by none other than myself.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Oct 23, 2017
2 days ago, I was giving away perfect natured Meowths with 2 egg moves to people over wonder trade. After around 4 hatches, I got a shiny one with its hidden ability and perfect speed IV! I named him after my cat, Toshi!

Just now, I traded my shiny Luvdisc for a Level 100 Japanese Lugia.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jan 14, 2014
Think my luckiest moment had nothing to do with shinies but instead came during my elite 4 challenge, was down to my lucario, charizard and umbreon and I had forgotten to stock up on my revives... turned out I didn't need then and dropped all of dianthia's pokemon winning me the championship.. never been prouder of my umbreon.

Or it could be when I hatched my shiny dieno only 4 eggs in

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Apr 5, 2015
I found a shiny Garbodor in my second or third encounter in a Friend Safari, that was pretty lucky.

I also got a shiny Floatzel through Wonder Trade, also pretty lucky.

LicensedJet

Playing Pokémon Y ~
Years
I have had only two lucky moments in Pokémon Y so far;
★ Receiving an Adamant Chespin as my starter Pokémon
★ Deciding to register a Passer-by from the PSS after a battle, turns out they have a Ditto in their friend Safari! :P

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
- Female Chespin as my starter on my first try
- Hatched a female Chespin with 6 perfect IVs
- Caught a Ditto in the Friend Safari with 4 perfect IVs (a 1 in 1024 chance, yeah?)

Sandslash Fan

Spikey Boi
Years
  • Age 44
  • D.C.
  • Seen Apr 16, 2024
So, I've literally just hatched 2 shiny Eevee's in a row. Although they don't have the best natures, their IV's are really good. So it makes me wonder, what have been your luckiest moments throughout this game so far?
I had this happen, but with Sandshrew. It took forever to get my first one, but I finally did.

I went back to day-care to take the parents off and bank them, but the day-care man had one last egg to give. I accepted it (even though I didn't need it) since I was in a good mood and hatched it anyways.

Also shiny!

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Feb 29, 2024
Wow, that's lucky. Even with the lowered shiny rates if you were using Masuda TWO IN A ROW would be 1/466,489. Regular would be an insane 1/16,777,216, worse than the chance of winning the UK lottery (1/13,983,816)

What's the actual rate of hatching one with the Masuda method? That was the one I used, but I can't believe its so damn lucky to have got them :3

I had this happen, but with Sandshrew. It took forever to get my first one, but I finally did.

I went back to day-care to take the parents off and bank them, but the day-care man had one last egg to give. I accepted it (even though I didn't need it) since I was in a good mood and hatched it anyways.

Also shiny!

Haha, exactly how I felt. Shiny Sandslash looks pretty rad tbf.

- Female Chespin as my starter on my first try
- Hatched a female Chespin with 6 perfect IVs
- Caught a Ditto in the Friend Safari with 4 perfect IVs (a 1 in 1024 chance, yeah?)

Wow, that's pretty damn lucky. I would love to hatch a perfect 6 IV, I especially need a decent ditto D:
Need to get a friend with Ditto in their safari.

Last edited:

TheSyren

Veteran Breeder
Years
Maybe it wasnt Lucky, but it made me feel lucky:

yesterday, i was breeding Ninetales and i had hatched a pretty good one. went to go get the parents back but i couldnt because there was an egg waiting. got the egg, went t get the parents and another egg had appeared. it kept happening for about three more cycles until i rejected an egg. none of them hatched shiny, but 5 perfect IVs in all five eggs seems pretty lucky to me, so i thought i would share.

or getting a critical capture on Mewtwo with a Premier ball. that one was cool.

Back