Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon General
Reload this Page breeding question.

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Pokémon General Theories, experiences and other discussions regarding the Pokémon franchise that can't be covered in any of the other boards.

Closed Thread

Old January 1st, 2014 (04:47 PM).

Just a quick breeding question.

If I breed a shiny pokemon with a non shiny ditto will it increase my odds of getting a shiny of the pokemon from that egg?

Then if I were to breed a shiny ditto with a shiny pokemon would I get greatly increased odds of a shiny pokemon?

Lastly if I were to use a foreign shiny ditto with a shiny pokemon from my game and country would I have greatly increased odds?
Old January 1st, 2014 (06:06 PM).
Child of Christ

Nature: Calm
Breeding shiny pokemon does not increase the chances of the offspring being shiny. Look up the Masuda Method. That will help you a lot. Basically breed a foreign pokemon with a pokemon from your country and the odds of a shiny are increased by 5 times.
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that who ever believe in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. - John 3:16

I believe in Jesus Christ my Savior. If you do too, and aren't scared to admit it, then copy and paste this in your signature.

Member of the Christian Community!
Old January 1st, 2014 (06:18 PM).
my past is not today.
CS

Nature: Timid
The only games where I believe it was easier to breed for shiny Pokemon outside the Masuda method was in G/S/C, though that had more to do with IVs than anything. And hopefully BadPokemon was able to shed a bit more light into your questions as well, since I'm going to have to close this thread as it doesn't belong here in Pokemon General. For any future questions like this, try asking in Pokemon Gaming Central's General Quick Questions & Answers Thread, or in any of our game specific sections' counterparts.

CLOSED.
Pokémon Poll of the Week #7: Which Q is your A?

Moderator of Pokémon General
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links