The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > ROM Hacking Hub

Notices

ROM Hacking Hub General discussions about ROM Hacking and Emulation. Not sure where to start? This is the place for you.
Posting links to ROMs is illegal and is not tolerated anywhere on the forum.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Advertise here

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old January 3rd, 2014, 11:42 AM
Le pug
Creator of Pokémon: Discovery
Community Supporter

Nature: Bold

Advertise here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rezordaxx View Post
Does somebody know how to have standard names for your hero and rival, so you cant choose how to name them?
maybe just let them name the character... but carry on in the story by their nickname.... like if you chose to name your character Sam... just be like Hey Sam! Or Goku, as everyone knows you by...

idk lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le pug View Post
anyone know how to change the actual animation of the pokemon in emerald? like if i replace lunatone with another pokemon, the pokemon will sway back and forth like lunatone but i want the animation to be like lets say jolteon.. how would i go about doing this
quoting this again.
• Check out the most updated Emereld Decapitalization Patch around by clicking here
Old January 3rd, 2014, 03:21 PM
Renegade
Time for real life...

Nature: Careful
Hello, people~
Is there a way to check what weather condition is occurring at a certain time? All I really need to do is check for a condition and if the result is true, I store it to a variable for later.
Old January 3rd, 2014, 04:11 PM
AkameTheBulbasaur
Akame Marukawa of Iyotono

Nature: Relaxed
Is it possible to make the ??? type in Fire Red be a physical/special move type. I turned it into the Fairy type before realizing that if a damage dealing move was of that type, it would do minimal damage. If I can't find an answer, I'll just make Fairy type moves status only, but it would be more fun to have damage dealing moves of that type too. Thanks!
"The human sacrificed himself, to save the Pokemon. I pitted them against each other, but not until they set aside their differences did I see the true power they all share deep inside. I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant; it is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are." -Mewtwo
Old January 3rd, 2014, 04:17 PM
HidoranBlaze

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkameTheBulbasaur View Post
Is it possible to make the ??? type in Fire Red be a physical/special move type. I turned it into the Fairy type before realizing that if a damage dealing move was of that type, it would do minimal damage. If I can't find an answer, I'll just make Fairy type moves status only, but it would be more fun to have damage dealing moves of that type too. Thanks!
There's tutorials on how to add the fairy type in fire red without replacing the ??? type.
Old January 3rd, 2014, 07:13 PM
Merak
Because reasons.

Nature: Quiet
Okay, I didn't see this answered and the thread where I could have asked about this seems to be closed?

I'm having trouble with PGE's pokemon editor.
- When I start it up, it lags for a while and then brings up a popup about just-in-time (JIT) debugging.
- If I continue past the JIT debugging popup, it loads with some lag.
- If I try to scroll down the pokemon list even one pokemon, the program freezes, as in (not responding), and it won't continue no matter how long I give it.

I tried with different roms (FR, emerald, FR with the 649 patch and the correct roms.ini...) and no matter what, I got the same results each time

If anybody can provide any help here, that'd be really appreciated since this tool would be a great help with a hack I'm helping work on. Thanks in advance.

Credit for the userbar goes to xVaporeon; credit for the avatar goes to Snakeyem12.
MY WRITING
Old January 4th, 2014, 12:40 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Le pug View Post
maybe just let them name the character... but carry on in the story by their nickname.... like if you chose to name your character Sam... just be like Hey Sam! Or Goku, as everyone knows you by...
I agree with this.
It works even in official games For example, in Ni no Kuni you are offered to choose a name but the game carries on with the official name for the main character =)

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old January 4th, 2014, 02:20 AM
LuxrayHacker

Nature: Mild
Can patching a rom too many times have negative consequences? What I mean is my team and I mainly use patches and now a lot of our data corrupts like cries and some other stuffs
Old January 4th, 2014, 03:05 AM
Rezordaxx
Asks many questions!

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Satoshi Ookami View Post
I agree with this.
It works even in official games For example, in Ni no Kuni you are offered to choose a name but the game carries on with the official name for the main character =)
Yeah but that is not why i want to do this 1. It comes in handy because you are goku and your rival vegeta not peter and brain,
2. The second time goku loads up (after the naming) his pallete is screwed same for vegeta.
3. Vegetas mini sprite while naming is all green,

My hack
Old January 4th, 2014, 12:46 PM
karatekid552
What happens if I push it?....

Nature: Bold
Send a message via AIM to karatekid552 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to karatekid552 Send a message via Skype™ to karatekid552
A new Simple Questions thread is being created right now. Just hold tight for about 20 minutes. These last three posts will be moved into the new thread. Good day to you all.

-Locked-

edit: The thread is here: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=8022546 and the posts have been moved.

~karatekid552

Paired with Simba

Last edited by karatekid552; January 4th, 2014 at 01:10 PM.
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here