Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Resources Everything you need to help make your game can be found in here. You can also post your own resources. Remember to give credit!
The thread revival limit does not apply here.

Old January 4th, 2014 (6:29 AM).
ಥдಥ
Silver Tier

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eichro View Post
It struck me as a bit odd that the actual resources (sprites, cries, etc) of Gen VI Pokémon aren't mentioned on the main post... Are these already done?
They exist around the interenet, if you just do a search for them. They are all over deviantART as well as some in the resource section. There are no official ones, so I am assuming most agree that you should add the sprites in yourself, there are a handful of options to choose from for each sprite.

SMEARGLE SOLO CHALLENGE
HARDCORE EDITION
To vanquish without peril is to triumph without glory...
Voted Best Game Designer 2011 on PC

Relevant Advertising!

Old January 19th, 2014 (5:50 AM).
Pokémon Island Creator

The XY Icons can be found at http://www.deviantart.com/art/RPG-Maker-XP-Pokemon-XY-Icons-423894619

There's a problem. Mega Gengar, Mega Heracross and both Mega Charizards icons width are a little bigger than 32 pixels. Since these four are specific cases this isn't a big problem since making 4 custom/edited icons isn't hard.

The real problem: All the icons are one frame! Solutions:
  1. Just put the one frame icons for the new pokémon or using the same frame twice: This will be visually uncomfortable for the player.
  2. The same as above, but making small edits like making the sprite going 1/2 pixel right/left: In my opinion the most viable, but still a little visually uncomfortable.
  3. Use custom icons: The best solution, but isn't easy to make more than 100 good icons. I haven't found any set until now.
  4. Redo Essentials way of using icons and use 1 frame icons: The best approach thinking about future generations since it's probable than the new games still use old icons.

Opinions? New ideas?
Old January 19th, 2014 (6:40 AM).

Nature: Adamant
There's an updated version here.
I think the best way would just be single frames.
Old January 19th, 2014 (2:04 PM).

Any news on the status effects updates? I was able to get Electric types to become immune to paralysis on my own (since it was a matter of just copy pasta), though the grass type's immunity to powder moves and ghost's immunity to trapping is still questionable.

For the grass immunity, I'd imagine we would need new function codes, one for poison [poisonpowder], sleep [sleep powder and spore], and paralysis [stun spore], but unlike the existing lines, we need to add a check that causes the move to fail if the target's type is Grass. I'd imagine it would work by combining the effects of Leech Seed (since that already fails if the type is grass) with the respective status-inducing powders, though I wouldn't know the proper way to do it on the account that I am still inept when it comes to RGSS.
Old January 19th, 2014 (4:09 PM).
Shadow Maker

http://pikachumazzinga.deviantart.com/art/Pokemon-X-e-Y-Static-Icons-for-Pokemon-Essentials-424114559

All gen 6 icons animated are here Includes the icons from gens 1-5 as well so all the icons are the same style
Old January 19th, 2014 (4:39 PM).
ಥдಥ
Silver Tier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayd12smitty View Post
http://pikachumazzinga.deviantart.com/art/Pokemon-X-e-Y-Static-Icons-for-Pokemon-Essentials-424114559

All gen 6 icons animated are here Includes the icons from gens 1-5 as well so all the icons are the same style
Those are static, not animated...

SMEARGLE SOLO CHALLENGE
HARDCORE EDITION
Old January 19th, 2014 (5:02 PM).
Shadow Maker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ЩѻƦḽᶑʂḽдƴƹƦ™ View Post
Those are static, not animated...
I meant they have the two frames so theres a lot less work. Sorry I didn't mean to be misleading
Old January 30th, 2014 (8:19 PM).
ಥдಥ
Silver Tier

I take it this has all just halted?

SMEARGLE SOLO CHALLENGE
HARDCORE EDITION
Old January 31st, 2014 (1:59 AM).

not rally the scripts file needs updsating to include move effects and the pbs files need proof reading and updating
Old February 2nd, 2014 (5:42 AM).
Pokémon Island Creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayd12smitty View Post

Thank you!

One of Vivillon forms is listed as icon66_13.png. Few forms are missing, most notably the Mega Forms.
Old February 2nd, 2014 (9:11 AM).
Shadow Maker

Quote:
Originally Posted by FL View Post
Thank you!

One of Vivillon forms is listed as icon66_13.png. Few forms are missing, most notably the Mega Forms.
I didn't make them. The guy said he was gonna update it, but that was quite a while ago so I'm not sure if he still is. This is still a good place to start.
Old February 2nd, 2014 (1:55 PM).
#BAMFPokemonNerd

Nature: Sassy
Send a message via Skype™ to Radical Raptr
I've already started making those into animated icons :I

~My Deviantart - Litharreon Wiki - Litharreon Game Download~

Old February 4th, 2014 (4:34 AM).
It's still me, 44tim44 ;)

Nature: Relaxed
Would there be an interest in 160x160 backsprites in Gen 4 style for all Mega Evolutions for this project?
Because I'm making them for my own game anyway.
Old February 4th, 2014 (6:30 AM).
#BAMFPokemonNerd

Nature: Sassy
Send a message via Skype™ to Radical Raptr
Quote:
Originally Posted by tImE View Post
Would there be an interest in 160x160 backsprites in Gen 4 style for all Mega Evolutions for this project?
Because I'm making them for my own game anyway.
if they're good enough there will always be a need for them, and it saves time for people (like me) who use that style XP

~My Deviantart - Litharreon Wiki - Litharreon Game Download~

Old February 4th, 2014 (9:25 AM).
It's still me, 44tim44 ;)

Nature: Relaxed

These are the only two I've done so far, and Sylveon is the only non-Mega Evo I will do.
Old February 5th, 2014 (1:52 PM).
Delicious~
Silver Tier

Nature: Naughty
Send a message via Skype™ to Jill Sandwich
Would anyone mind PMing me with a version including these Gen 6 upgrades? I PMed the TC a few days ago, almost a week, but I never got any response. It seems that he hasn't been in on sometime either. :x
Old February 6th, 2014 (5:37 PM).

Nature: Gentle
What all still needs to be done on this project, anyway?
Old February 6th, 2014 (11:05 PM).

verication of the txt files to make sure there correct as much as possible and the scripts file to have the move/abilities coded
Old February 7th, 2014 (6:47 AM).
Delicious~
Silver Tier

Just throwing this out again, that I'd reallly would like to get the version of this with these Gen 6 updates that have been done. :x
Old February 7th, 2014 (9:42 AM).

Ah, I see. It seems I've done some redundant work then, but I really needed to go ahead and at least update the Gen 1-5 Pokemon and moves to Fairy Types due to Fairy Type having some importance in my game (your starter is Fairy type in my game).

I went ahead and uploaded a pack of what I did to go ahead and share it, but again, it's probably just replicating what's already been done. But hey, if anyone needs it, here:
http://pkmnpink.wikispaces.com/file/detail/PokemonEssentialsFairyStarterKit-v1.0-PKMNTrainerJackey.rar

Unfortunately, I doubt I've got the experience with RGSS needed to add the new moves and abilities, although I feel like I could probably help add new Pokemon to the pokemon.txt file if needed.

Old February 7th, 2014 (2:12 PM).
Delicious~
Silver Tier

I can't access that link. :I
Old February 7th, 2014 (6:41 PM).

Oh! Darn, Wikispaces changed the way they do things...

Hopefully this works in the mean time?
http://www.sendspace.com/file/gwda02
Old March 8th, 2014 (11:46 AM).

I have a little question to all of you...

"Are you still breathing or are you all dead since 4 weeks ago?"

becuz I cannot understand why such a big interesting project about continuing Pokemon Essentials by adding Gen 6 stuff, has gotten into this at almost 50% of job done, and here I am, waiting over 3 months without seeing an update of Pokemon Essentials on their wiki, becuz Maruno has quit from doing this.

and btw Pokemon Trainer Jackey,
You should NOT post anymore offtopics... becuz, We do not asked for a game of yours, we asked for an update of Pokemon Essentials, Isn't it?

okay, you have fairy types in your game... or maybe not, I cannot trust in a fangame, and by lacking of a decent update for Pokemon essentials, You may only have custom Fairy type moves or the closest relatives to X/Y fairy moves, but not the official ones.

I dunno why Maruno should had to bother with the custom sprites of pokemon, Everything was ripped from videogames, and the custom gen 6 are the closest references we have of every pokemon known in the franchise, so I think we have not much of a choice but to use them.

I shouldn't have to push things out, but if there's a thing that I REALLY HATE THE HELL OUT OF ME... Is leaving an important project UNFINISHED, UNDONE, and UNCOMPLETED...

I better suggest you all to POST IT ALREADY in the wiki, and make everyone do it by themselves... Becuz it's really clear that YOU WILL NOT fulfill such a thing like this...

If I would had learned RGSS instead of the useless GWBASIC and DBASE 3+... I would make everything and this wouldn't ever happened... I am too old and rusty for programming in a language that I had never learned, I have 33 years...
Scripting is impossible to me (Once by copypaste a few scripts in another RPG maker XP game, I screwed it and had to cancel it temporarily) , although is even impossible to put all GEN 6 pokemon on my fangame (that was my main goal to achieve by having the update of Pokemon Essentials).

My pokemon project will never be finished if it continues this way.
so please, don't let this post die.
Old March 8th, 2014 (4:31 PM). Edited March 9th, 2014 by Ratty524.

Farlavor, you say you have 33 years of programming experience yet you talk like a 12-year old chav?

Anyway, the last post was from a month ago. The reason there isn't an update on this is probably because there isn't any new progress.

Also, nobody here is obligated to make ♥♥♥♥ for a fan game anyway. We have priorities in life, and for many of us here game-making is a hobby.

Therefore, I suggest you quit whining before you make even more of a self-entitled ass out of yourself than you already have.

TY <3
Old March 12th, 2014 (11:25 AM).
Shadow Master

Nature: Quiet
It has been suggested to me that I post my request here.

Has anyone figured out how to implement Flying Press? I've gotten the suggestion to add a new type to the PBS, and add the STAB in the scripts, but I was curious if anyone else has come up with a different solution to this. The above method would work under normal conditions, however, it doesn't take into account Electrify or Normalize.

Yes, it is a complicated move for a relatively useless Pokémon, but I'd like to rework the move into a couple different dual-type moves, mainly for Legendaries I'm working on.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links