The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Fourth Generation

Notices

Fourth Generation Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum kicked off the fourth generation of Pokémon. Two years later, fans of the Johto region were treated to a remastered adventure in HeartGold & SoulSilver. Discuss the games, explore the features, share your experiences, and help other players out!

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old December 11th, 2013, 01:52 PM
rmkendrick

Nature: Jolly
Hey everyone! This is probably an annoying question, but I'm having trouble deciding between Solrock and Lunatone. I don't care about appearance, just stats and who's better in a fight.
Old December 20th, 2013, 01:35 PM
Dereck_S
Veteran

Nature: Calm
In my opinion it really depends on what role the pokemon is going to be playing for you. Solrock is more of a physical pokemon, while Lunatone is more special based. I personally feel like solrock has a better leveling moveset while lunatone's is (again my opinion) a rather generic psychic set. Solrock can learn solarbeam, rock slide naturally. If you're going for physical offensive, i'd say go with Solrock, if you want a special based attacker lunatone is better suited. Hope that helps, and I hope its accurate haha
Old December 20th, 2013, 10:43 PM
Dereck_S
Veteran

Yeah don't mention it, just curious, what game do you plan on using them in?
Old December 22nd, 2013, 12:36 AM
Hikamaru
impossible don't exist

Nature: Quirky
In my personal opinion, they aren't really great but if I were you, Lunatone would probably be the better one of the two because the duo mainly learn more special than physical attacks and given Lunatone's stats are more special-based, it can make better use of its moves than Solrock can.

But still, they aren't very great stat-wise compared to most other Rock and Psychic Pokemon available in the game.

paired with kouzan and heartouch
pc battle server | tumblr | send me a vm

Old December 22nd, 2013, 06:54 AM
raszoar
U want cookie?

Is it possible to wifi battle/trade on a pc? (i'm using heartgold on desmume on pc)
Old December 22nd, 2013, 05:37 PM
Natnew

THERE MAY BE A FIX

ok, so this site is giving out event pokemon. I tried it. it worked, but one time it gave a L96 stantler with wierd stats and a wierd status condition. it has a capsule on it. I can't take the capsule off, box it, release it, ect, so it's permanently stuck in my party. I also got a L216 corconaw with the same problem. I can't get them out of my party...

...my game is ruined. can anyone help, or suggest something?

EDIT: I found that trading removes seals. PLEASE IM BEGGING YOU. I'LL GIVE THEM MASTER BALLS IF YOU WANT.
Pichu Solo Run (post-game)
Budew Solo Run
friend safari: Bug (Paras, Vivilion, Masquerain) FC 2621-2615-8242
Old December 22nd, 2013, 06:01 PM
Terff
the unimportant

What shifty site is this? xD
I would take them off your hands but I have misplaced my diamond and would rather not take any risks with them bugging up my game.
-Metang
-Klefki
Heres my Y FC:
4184 2997 2224 PM me before you add me

PM me for safaris I'm looking for! (I got a bunch)
Old December 22nd, 2013, 06:20 PM
Natnew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terff View Post
What shifty site is this? xD
I would take them off your hands but I have misplaced my diamond and would rather not take any risks with them bugging up my game.
they won't bug it, you could release them for all I care, and trading will remove the seals, so they should be totally harmless.
Budew Solo Run
Old December 22nd, 2013, 08:03 PM
curiousnathan
I will find you

Nature: Quiet
I'm not too sure what has happened to your game there, friend!

Since this doesn't really need a thread of it's own I'm going to merge this into the 4th Gen Help Thread. Please keep trading arrangements to VMs/PMs though, just so the thread doesn't become cluttered. :)

Good luck and I hope you find a solution to your problem soon!

moderator |
lovely pair | PC live
Old December 23rd, 2013, 05:17 AM
Niigel

I was just wondering, is Pokemon Hearth Gold worth playing it?
I have DSemume or something like that on my pc, and playing DS games is pretty anoying with the second screen lol, but i kinda wanna play a pokemon game that i in the Johto region, i finished pokemon liquid crystal, but that was like 11months ago, and i kinda dont wanna play pokemon gold, silver or crystal, because its to old and i am getting a headache of the sounds lol...
So i wanna put like 500hours or something in that game but is it really worth it?
Some site's are telling me that D/P/P where even better pokemon games than HG/SS...

So yeah, that was my question :D
Old December 23rd, 2013, 06:40 AM
EB
Re: World

Heart Gold and Soul Silver are brilliant games, in my opinion. The familiarity was still there, despite such a big time span between the remakes and their predecessors, the story additions they made felt believable, and overall, the themes, visuals, and music were all on point with what the staff wanted to achieve.

I'd also disagree with comments suggesting that D/P/Pt are better games than HG/SS, however my search and discovery of reasons why may have been propelled initially by my imbalanced affection for Johto in general. ;o

If possible, I'd recommend purchasing the game, as the experience only improves thus (and as you said, the touch screen on desmume can be a pain). But in any case, HG and SS are great games and you won't be disappointed if you decide to play them, especially seeing as you've played G/S/C before as well.
Old December 23rd, 2013, 06:41 AM
Orianna
♡So strange, they scream.♡

Nature: Timid
Absolutely <3

HeartGold/SoulSilver are, BY FAR, my most favorite Pokémon games <3
The first Pokémon in your party follows you around in the overworld, you can interact with it, there's a Running Shoes TOGGLE! That means you don't have to hold down B to run around and the menu is easy to access by using your mouse if you can't be annoyed to use the keys
Besides, the story is great, the locations are fabulous and well, there's 16 Gyms and all which is <3 And the safari zone is awesome too *-*
There's tons to do post game too, so yeah, HG is WELL WORTH playing <3

EDIT: EB ninja'ed me, but yeah, that too xD

Paired With:
Sage Ghetsis

Challenges:
The Time Warp Challenge
The Location Challenge

RP:
Midori Kuramoto in Hoenn Diaries

Old December 23rd, 2013, 08:15 AM
Niigel

Quote:
Originally Posted by EB View Post
Heart Gold and Soul Silver are brilliant games, in my opinion. The familiarity was still there, despite such a big time span between the remakes and their predecessors, the story additions they made felt believable, and overall, the themes, visuals, and music were all on point with what the staff wanted to achieve.

I'd also disagree with comments suggesting that D/P/Pt are better games than HG/SS, however my search and discovery of reasons why may have been propelled initially by my imbalanced affection for Johto in general. ;o

If possible, I'd recommend purchasing the game, as the experience only improves thus (and as you said, the touch screen on desmume can be a pain). But in any case, HG and SS are great games and you won't be disappointed if you decide to play them, especially seeing as you've played G/S/C before as well.
i have played crystal, never beat the league, was to yough to understand that i had to train more than only 2 pokemons lol, i have heard that you also can battle against Red and Bendan/may, damn i would love to do that haha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by †Dementia† View Post
Absolutely <3

HeartGold/SoulSilver are, BY FAR, my most favorite Pokémon games <3
The first Pokémon in your party follows you around in the overworld, you can interact with it, there's a Running Shoes TOGGLE! That means you don't have to hold down B to run around and the menu is easy to access by using your mouse if you can't be annoyed to use the keys
Besides, the story is great, the locations are fabulous and well, there's 16 Gyms and all which is <3 And the safari zone is awesome too *-*
There's tons to do post game too, so yeah, HG is WELL WORTH playing <3

EDIT: EB ninja'ed me, but yeah, that too xD
I was so excited when i heard about the game, but i never really played it because for some reason there where alot of other good games and i needed money so i sold my ds lite lol, i am deffinitly going to play this, cant wait! :DD

Last edited by Niigel; December 23rd, 2013 at 08:16 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old December 23rd, 2013, 09:15 AM
Natnew

Quote:
Originally Posted by curiousnathan View Post
I'm not too sure what has happened to your game there, friend!

Since this doesn't really need a thread of it's own I'm going to merge this into the 4th Gen Help Thread. Please keep trading arrangements to VMs/PMs though, just so the thread doesn't become cluttered.

Good luck and I hope you find a solution to your problem soon!
I know what happened. the site was acting weirdly and sent me corrupted mons.
the capsules are... idk what happened with them to be honest. I can't remove them, so they can't be boxed or released, and since they're stuck in my party... that's my main problem. I did find one thing, though: trading a pokemon with a capsule on it removes said capsule. this is all I an think of. and they both suck at battling, stantler takes waaaaaaaaaaaaaay too long to attack and actually gains HP when hit (no idea...), and croconaw locks the game when hit, so they're both pretty useless. I just need someone to trade with. I'm even OK with trade/tradebacks as the capsules will be gone. please, I need someone's help.
Budew Solo Run
Old December 23rd, 2013, 04:46 PM
curiousnathan
I will find you

Nature: Quiet
HeartGold and SoulSilver are fantastic games. They are by my favourite of all Pokemon games mainly because they're brilliant remakes of the original series that brought me so much fun back when I was a little one. The follow-me feature was a great addition to the games as well as the PokeAthlon. The storyline is great, the graphics are stunning and the music is as amazing as ever. I'd highly recommend you play them; they'll definitely be worth your time!

Anyway, quick questions belong in the 4th Gen Help Thread for future reference so I'll bump this over there. :)

Happy Gaming!

moderator |
lovely pair | PC live

Last edited by curiousnathan; December 27th, 2013 at 04:07 AM.
Old December 31st, 2013, 11:22 AM
carlowpokeplayer

just a quick question is there any reason to buy diamond and pearl if i have platinum? For example if i buy platinum will i need to get pearl and diamond in order to catch all the pokemon of that region and trade with the 3rd and 5th generations?
Old December 31st, 2013, 12:36 PM
rmkendrick

Nature: Jolly
To begin with, what do you mean by trading with the 3rd and 5th gens?
Old December 31st, 2013, 01:05 PM
Hikamaru
impossible don't exist

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlowpokeplayer View Post
just a quick question is there any reason to buy diamond and pearl if i have platinum? For example if i buy platinum will i need to get pearl and diamond in order to catch all the pokemon of that region and trade with the 3rd and 5th generations?
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmkendrick View Post
To begin with, what do you mean by trading with the 3rd and 5th gens?
Just a little pointer here, you can't transfer Pokemon from 4th Gen to 3rd Gen but you can transfer Pokemon from 4th Gen forward to 5th Gen. Also, if you already have Platinum I normally wouldn't recommend Diamond and Pearl due to their slow speed but they do have some Pokemon that can't be found in Platinum, like the Glameow and Stunky lines which are exclusive to Pearl and Diamond respectively.

So yeah, I do recommend all 3 games together if you want to do it for trading and filling the Pokedex.

Old January 4th, 2014, 11:52 AM
Salt&PepperDiner
and it was fantastic

Is there a Pokemon you can catch in Platinum (before Victory Road) that can learn both Fly and Waterfall?
Old January 4th, 2014, 12:21 PM
Naya Rivera
11/05/1982 - 13/07/2013

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by No Chance Without Zekrom View Post
Is there a Pokemon you can catch in Platinum (before Victory Road) that can learn both Fly and Waterfall?
Dragonite can but it'll take an awful long time to train up. The others are Mew, Smeargle, Arceus, Latios, Latias, Rayquaza and Lugia.

Team Rocket!
blasting off at the speed of light! surrender now or prepare to fight!
meowth that's right!
wobbuffet!!!

Old January 4th, 2014, 04:21 PM
Salt&PepperDiner
and it was fantastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naya Rivera View Post
Dragonite can but it'll take an awful long time to train up. The others are Mew, Smeargle, Arceus, Latios, Latias, Rayquaza and Lugia.
Crap. That mean I'm gonna have to juggle HM slaves around on my Rock run. Oh well. Thanks for answering.
Old January 12th, 2014, 04:13 AM
BartCiao
It has always been Pokemon :)

Nature: Adamant
I got a quick question: Is it possible to change your Pokémon's position in a picture? Because my pokemon are always located in the center low of the frame, while I'd like to move them (so I can put a pedestal beneath them for example). Thanks in advance!

Karen, Johto Elite Four member
Old January 12th, 2014, 09:01 AM
alancer

HG/SS Question:

I want to pick up one of these titles as my next pokemon game, but I really want to build a dream team of mine. Which means I would like to have Treecko and Trapinch in my game as early as possible so I can compete in gyms and the storyline of the game with them.

Is there a way to get Treecko and Trapinch into my game at an early stage?
Old January 12th, 2014, 01:17 PM
Jak
where the fairy flies

Nature: Timid
Quote:
Is there a way to get Treecko and Trapinch into my game at an early stage?
Trading is the only way. We have an excellent trading community here on PC though, and when you get your game, you could use the Gen IV/V Quick Trade Thread to hopefully find you a person willing to trade you those Pokemon early on.

For Wi-Fi trading though, I believe you have to have made it to the Ecruteak City Pokemon Center (which is three badges into the game, so for HGSS, that's pretty early on). I didn't Wi-Fi trade in Gen IV though and I may be wrong on this, so if someone wants to correct me on that, feel free to.
Old January 12th, 2014, 06:02 PM
Hikamaru
impossible don't exist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everlark View Post
Trading is the only way. We have an excellent trading community here on PC though, and when you get your game, you could use the Gen IV/V Quick Trade Thread to hopefully find you a person willing to trade you those Pokemon early on.

For Wi-Fi trading though, I believe you have to have made it to the Ecruteak City Pokemon Center (which is three badges into the game, so for HGSS, that's pretty early on). I didn't Wi-Fi trade in Gen IV though and I may be wrong on this, so if someone wants to correct me on that, feel free to.
The Global Terminal in HG/SS is located in Goldenrod City, not Ecruteak. Just a pointer there.

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links