Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Battling & Team Building > In-Game Team Help
Reload this Page [XY] Help with Team for Pokemon X

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

In-Game Team Help Can't defeat the Elite Four with your current team? Well then, this is your place! Ask for team help concerning in-game play. Any teams meant for battling other people must be posted in the Battle Center's main forum instead.

Old January 5th, 2014 (07:03 AM).

Hi!

It's been a while since I've played Pokemon and I decided to make a return with Pokemon X.

I am looking to create an ideal team to beat the game. I was quite familiar with the first 251 Pokemon. Even 386 was digest-able, but now.. Man, have things changed or what? So here's what I am hoping for:

Charizard
Alakazam
Greninja
Aegislash
Heliolisk
Goodra

I have only used the first 2 pokemon and have settled on the remaining 4 based on what I gathered from various blogs/posts online. Suggestions for other Pokemon and move sets are highly encouraged.

Moreover, I have just started with my Froakie and I hope to build this team before the E4 without having to trade (except the Alakazam of course). Is it a feasible team? In the sense, can I collect the base forms of these Pokemon along the journey before I hit the Victory Road (I hope that is still the same)?

Thanks for reading!
Old January 5th, 2014 (02:47 PM).
awooo
ModeratorBSCS

Looks pretty solid. I don't see any problems with the Pokemon chosen. I'll suggest some movesets to help out:

Charizard
- Flamethrower / Flare Blitz
- Dragon Claw
- Hone Claws / Power-Up Punch
- Roost / Brick Break / Earthquake

Fly or Air Slash can be considered if you don't plan on using its Mega Evolution.

Alakazam
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Calm Mind / Charge Beam

Psybeam can replace any of them if you want a high PP STAB movw.

Greninja
- Surf
- Dark Pulse / Night Slash
- Ice Beam
- Water Shuriken (filler)

Aegislash
- Shadow Claw / Shadow Ball
- Iron Head
- Sacred Sword
- Swords Dance / King's Shield

Heliolisk
- Thunderbolt
- Grass Knot
- Focus Blast
- Charge Beam

Goodra
- Dragon Pulse
- Flamethrower / Muddy Water
- Thunderbolt
- Sludge Bomb

A lot of these moves are learned or found rather late in the game, so I only recommend using these movesets as a loose guideline.
Old January 5th, 2014 (10:32 PM).

Quote originally posted by awolffromspace:
Looks pretty solid. I don't see any problems with the Pokemon chosen. I'll suggest some movesets to help out:

Charizard
- Flamethrower / Flare Blitz
- Dragon Claw
- Hone Claws / Power-Up Punch
- Roost / Brick Break / Earthquake

Fly or Air Slash can be considered if you don't plan on using its Mega Evolution.

Alakazam
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Calm Mind / Charge Beam

Psybeam can replace any of them if you want a high PP STAB movw.

Greninja
- Surf
- Dark Pulse / Night Slash
- Ice Beam
- Water Shuriken (filler)

Aegislash
- Shadow Claw / Shadow Ball
- Iron Head
- Sacred Sword
- Swords Dance / King's Shield

Heliolisk
- Thunderbolt
- Grass Knot
- Focus Blast
- Charge Beam

Goodra
- Dragon Pulse
- Flamethrower / Muddy Water
- Thunderbolt
- Sludge Bomb

A lot of these moves are learned or found rather late in the game, so I only recommend using these movesets as a loose guideline.
Hey awolffromspace!

Thanks for the reply. I will probably go with Fly for Charizard as I need it. Will override it after beating the game if the need be. It is possible to get these Pokemon in the course of the game without deviating too much right?
Old January 5th, 2014 (11:17 PM).
Illusions surround me. Help...

Nature: Lonely
Not bad at all! But I would say you should replace Heliolisk with a Lucario or Lapras, they are great pokemon and you get some for free in the storyline. And Lucario is a priority for most because if you don't get it you miss a vital mega stone. Just remember to have a pokemon that can learn strength on your team.
Ps: If you want to use Absol (cool sweeper from gen 3) remember that you get the megastone in the aftergame.

Old January 6th, 2014 (02:18 AM).

Quote originally posted by lucariokul:
Not bad at all! But I would say you should replace Heliolisk with a Lucario or Lapras, they are great pokemon and you get some for free in the storyline. And Lucario is a priority for most because if you don't get it you miss a vital mega stone. Just remember to have a pokemon that can learn strength on your team.
Ps: If you want to use Absol (cool sweeper from gen 3) remember that you get the megastone in the aftergame.
Hi lucariokul!

I see that Lucario is a Fighting/Steel Pokemon. Would a Heliolisk not add more of a balance to the team?
Old January 6th, 2014 (09:07 AM).
get to heaven
Crystal Tier

Nature: Quirky
Quote originally posted by kirxan:
Hi lucariokul!

I see that Lucario is a Fighting/Steel Pokemon. Would a Heliolisk not add more of a balance to the team?
Heliolisk can actually learn Surf via the HM, which can come in handy for dealing with its Ground weakness. It's definitely a good move to use since it's one of the best reliable Water moves in the game because it hits for solid damage with no drawbacks.

tumblr | twitter | lovely pairs | ask me
adoption center mentor | fairy club | water club

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

You may also like.. (Beta)