The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Challenges

Notices

Challenges Bored of your old Pokémon games, but still want to play them? Put your skills to the test with a solo run, a monotype challenge, or anything else you can think of.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old December 25th, 2013, 02:15 PM
LilJz
Zoeeyyyyy! ♥
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet

Advertise here
Me toooooo. I'm sooo hyped for Pokemon Bank! I can transfer my uber tier battle team to Pokemon Y! xD

Aaaaand, merry christmas to all my fellow Swablu and also our beloved Altaria, Sydian! ♥ Yes Syd, to everyone's eyes you're still Sydian and always will be
Old December 25th, 2013, 07:04 PM
Sydian
Reserved for Syd's house - Nook Homes

Nature: Timid
I actually want and encourage people to still call me Syd, though. I never said "omg guys u have to call me everlark now." lol In fact, it gets annoying when people do call me Everlark. My aka still says Syd soooo!

Anyway, Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays, birds!! I actually didn't get Y today, but I'm just gonna buy it tomorrow, so I'll make the new Favorite Challenge then. I'm too tired to make it now. n___n
Old December 26th, 2013, 02:40 PM
SnowpointQuincy
Seeker of FRIEND CODES

Nature: Lonely
I was planning on doing a Play-through of Pokemon with Spinda, dunsparse, Luvdisc and other pokemon that are either VERY weak, or Hated.

A Scrub Challenge, or "Pokekemon, I hate you"

Make a list of pokemon you hate. You can only catch those Pokemon.

Or, You can only catch Pokemon with a Base Stat total less than BLANK. (say 425 ballpark.)
Old December 26th, 2013, 05:29 PM
Necrum
Scourge of the Mushroom Kingdom!

Nature: Adamant
Well, Pokemon Bank has been delayed. This sucks. I was really looking forward to be able to move Pokemon for my Favorites Challenge.
Old December 26th, 2013, 06:26 PM
Sydian

I'm still going to make it soon anyway, since I think plenty of Pokemon got moved before the delay happened. I've seen starters floating around, and I'm sure there are people breeding. If not, people can just hold off on signing up, no biggie!

Also bought Y and I wanna start so yeah! lol

Edit: Apparently, I'm impolite for making suggestions and assuming that someone would ditch their challenge. lol

Last edited by Sydian; December 26th, 2013 at 07:35 PM.
Old December 27th, 2013, 04:34 PM
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Everlark View Post
I'm still going to make it soon anyway, since I think plenty of Pokemon got moved before the delay happened. I've seen starters floating around, and I'm sure there are people breeding. If not, people can just hold off on signing up, no biggie!

Also bought Y and I wanna start so yeah! lol

Edit: Apparently, I'm impolite for making suggestions and assuming that someone would ditch their challenge. lol
Serebii says that if the people in Japan have already downloaded Pokébank, it still works now, so it shouldn't be a problem. I think if you don't have it yet, you just can't get it.

Maybe that's a misinterpretation on my part though.

(also first post in forever)
Old December 27th, 2013, 04:45 PM
LilJz
Zoeeyyyyy! ♥
Community Supporter

I'm no sure, but people have been saying that Pokebank crashed. So right now, people are unable to use it, but they had some Japanese that got ahold of it and got to use it before it crashed.

Also....hacked Pokemon got through Pokebank, ugh...
Old December 27th, 2013, 04:52 PM
Necrum
Scourge of the Mushroom Kingdom!

People who have Pokemon Bank can still use it as of now. A bunch of people over in Trade Corner have been collecting stuff, but it would be much easier if we had our personal breeders from older games.
Old December 27th, 2013, 05:08 PM
LilJz
Zoeeyyyyy! ♥
Community Supporter

Not only that, even the Nintendo Eshop has been down. But I don't know if it's fixed as of now.
Old December 27th, 2013, 07:09 PM
Sydian

Hopefully the delay doesn't last too long. For what it's worth though, I managed to get every starter except for Turtwig in the span of...I wanna say two hours? If you manage to get starters from Wonder Trade or someone gives you one, just breed lots of them. GTS offers are pretty decent with people trading starters for other starters. Oshawott, Tepig, and Snivy are the most requested I've noticed (idk why though cause they're not that great but to each their own).
Old December 27th, 2013, 11:30 PM
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
I really just want it to be fixed and released so that I can get my shiny charm. I've also ran out of box space on Pokémon Y too lol.
Old December 28th, 2013, 07:08 PM
Sydian

But Shiny Charm is a key item, isn't it? I like how I'm working on my Dex in XY when there's no reward like there was in BW2. ~_~ I don't understand myself sometimes, I really don't.
Old December 28th, 2013, 08:00 PM
Gulpin
poisonous
Community Supporter

Nature: Jolly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Everlark View Post
But Shiny Charm is a key item, isn't it? I like how I'm working on my Dex in XY when there's no reward like there was in BW2. ~_~ I don't understand myself sometimes, I really don't.
Actually, I think Serebii reported that you get a Shiny Charm for completing the National Dex, which is probably what vaporeon7 meant! That also gives you a great reason to continue working on your Dex, haha. Speaking of Dex completion in XY, I'm pretty sure I've gotten every catchable Pokemon (besides Y exclusives and Skarmory I think..) so all I have to do to finish my Kalos Dex is evolve, breed, and do some trading! However, I've put that on hold for the past few weeks, as I've been finishing up challenges like a mad man. I had like 18 monotypes that needed to be completed two weeks ago, and I managed to complete all of them by Christmas, and now I'm working on doing monotypes on my copy of Y! Sadly, all of my challenge fun will likely end shortly, as I begin my final semester of high school on January 6th! I just don't have the time to juggle band, six AP classes, and challenges :(
Old December 28th, 2013, 08:03 PM
Sydian

OHHHHHH I didn't know they were bringing it back in XY. That makes me happy now! ...But at the same time, who really wants a shiny after they've raised everything in the dex already? idk I'm too lazy to raise the same thing twice usually, lol. :(

But hey, you got all those challenges done and chugged through most of your dex? You're a champ. You're gonna kill your final semester. Good luck to you! Someone that can play that much Pokemon can definitely beat school. ;)
Old December 31st, 2013, 05:04 PM
Volkner.

Let me start of by saying. Happy new year people!!

But back on topic. Do we have a "Character Challenge" Where you use pokemon only used by your selected character. Ie, say you picked Dawn. You would have to use things like Piplup pachirisu etc etc??
Old December 31st, 2013, 08:39 PM
Sydian

I know we've had one before, and I could swear I just approved one the other day? But if I'm thinking wrong, then you're definitely free to make that.

It's not 2014 here yet, so I'm gonna wait before I make that post. :P
Old January 4th, 2014, 10:54 PM
CharDon

Nature: Lax
I read on this website about an Anime Challenge. I searched it up but couldn't find it. I was kinda wondering if it was still active.
Old January 5th, 2014, 07:17 AM
Orianna
So strange, they scream.
Community Supporter

NOTICE:

Due to a lot of drama going on in my family and to my sudden decission of dropping out of University, moving to London and taking life in my own hands (got my flight in 2 weeks), I won't be able to get on PC much. I'll be selling my desktop to have some pocket money when I leave and it's gonna take a while for me to get my hands on a laptop. So, for now, all my challenges are put on hold and updating my own threads will take a while as the only way for me to get online would be my phone. So, hopefully I'll have wi-fi over where I move so I can at least use my phone to check things out, but I can't promise anything.

I won't go into details, but, things are really bad if it took me 1 day to decide to leave, not just my family's home, but the country, to take my life in my own hands.

I'm gonna miss you guys and I'll do my best to keep in touch.

"We will kill your enemies. That will be fun."
Old January 5th, 2014, 02:31 PM
myrrhman
Challenge God
Community Supporter Tier 5

Nature: Sassy
Send a message via AIM to myrrhman
Quote:
Originally Posted by †Dementia† View Post
NOTICE:

Due to a lot of drama going on in my family and to my sudden decission of dropping out of University, moving to London and taking life in my own hands (got my flight in 2 weeks), I won't be able to get on PC much. I'll be selling my desktop to have some pocket money when I leave and it's gonna take a while for me to get my hands on a laptop. So, for now, all my challenges are put on hold and updating my own threads will take a while as the only way for me to get online would be my phone. So, hopefully I'll have wi-fi over where I move so I can at least use my phone to check things out, but I can't promise anything.

I won't go into details, but, things are really bad if it took me 1 day to decide to leave, not just my family's home, but the country, to take my life in my own hands.

Oh my. Good luck, wherever you end up.
Old January 5th, 2014, 02:59 PM
LilJz
Zoeeyyyyy! ♥
Community Supporter

Quote:
NOTICE:

Hope everything turns out okay again.
Keep in touch on Skype, eh?
Old January 5th, 2014, 07:35 PM
jdthebud
Monotype Master
Community Supporter

Nature: Naive
Quote:
NOTICE:

Good luck, here's to landing on your feet!
Spoiler:

FireRed - HeartGold - Emerald - Platinum - Black 2

Completed Ultimate Challenges:
Ultimate Monotype:

Fireheart: L88, L88, L71, L76, L100; Palin: L98, L92, L86, L100, L100
Excalibur: L75, L88, L87, L84, L100; Nagini: L100, L96, L100, L100, L100
Old January 5th, 2014, 08:37 PM
Sydian

Oh, bby bird... :( Good luck! I hope everything works out well for you. Your fluffy support system is always here for you if you need to sign on to ramble.
Old January 6th, 2014, 01:18 AM
Orianna
So strange, they scream.
Community Supporter

Aaaaaw, you guys are so awesome Q~Q thanks for the best wishes and everything >u< I'll probably add my skype to the contact thingy on my profile so you guys can add me and keep in touch >u<

Aaaaaw, you guys are so awesome Q~Q thanks for the best wishes and everything >u< I'll probably add my skype to the contact thingy on my profile so you guys can add me and keep in touch >u<

"We will kill your enemies. That will be fun."

Last edited by Orianna; January 6th, 2014 at 01:37 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old January 6th, 2014, 08:20 AM
James
Make it double!

Nature: Hardy
I just wanted to do a quick update for those of you who have seen my Pokedex challenge i set for myself a while back. Essentially it goes right back to the games original motto"Gotta Catch'em All" but its in the boxes in the PC laid out in order from Bulbasar to Zegarde(currently). I have completed Kanto, Jhoto, Hoenn, Shinno & Kalos with the exceptions of the legendary's for each region. Those are a little harder to come by and people don't want to trade their Mews and Entei's for meowth's. It has not taken me as long as i had originally thought to get to where i am in my pokedex but i currently have over 630 of the pokemon and am counting down the last couple boxes until i will finish my collection and also the national pokedex.

Update 1/8/14:

I have finally finished the pokedex as far as the non legendary's are concerned.

Last edited by James; January 8th, 2014 at 04:20 AM.
Old January 6th, 2014, 11:59 AM
Sydian

Hey guys, there's a new rule for double posts, so make sure you check the rules thread to see what it is. It's nothing major, and it's something I've just been allowing for a while now, but I thought I should actually put it in the thread so that everyone knows. Thanks!

Quote:
I just wanted to do a quick update for those of you who have seen my Pokedex challenge i set for myself a while back. Essentially it goes right back to the games original motto"Gotta Catch'em All" but its in the boxes in the PC laid out in order from Bulbasar to Zegarde(currently). I have completed Kanto, Jhoto, Hoenn, Shinno & Kalos with the exceptions of the legendary's for each region. Those are a little harder to come by and people don't want to trade their Mews and Entei's for meowth's. It has not taken me as long as i had originally thought to get to where i am in my pokedex but i currently have over 630 of the pokemon and am counting down the last couple boxes until i will finish my collection and also the national pokedex.
That's awesome, man. You're my hero. I'm working on my Dex as well, so I know how difficult it is with those Pokebank legendaries. Actually, vaporeon7 told me he managed to get some legendaries off the GTS by putting up Slowpoke holding King's Rock (or any other Pokemon and their trade item) so maybe you should try that. I'm gonna work on getting trade items and do that myself, haha.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here