Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Pokémon Essentials
Reload this Page [Question] Help with creating a new field move style HM?

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Pokémon Essentials All questions and discussion about Pokémon Essentials, the Pokémon game kit for RPG Maker XP, go in here. Also contains links to the latest downloads and the Essentials Wiki.

Old January 6th, 2014 (11:58 AM).
The Creator of the WIP game, Pokémon Cosmic. Looking for helpers! If you want to help, PM me!

Nature: Serious
I am trying to create a move that does the opposite of flash. In my game, there are a few places where the room is too bright to see anything, and you have to use the HM to dim things. Simply, it is the opposite of flash. Instead of lighting the room up, it dims it down. How would I go about to create this effect?

Thanks

AllGamesDude(DeviantArt)

theRandomClipGuy123(Youtube)

PokemonCosmos(Essentials Wikia)
Old January 7th, 2014 (01:26 AM).

Nature: Mild
Exactly the same as Flash and Defog.

From the wiki:
Quote:
Defog works just like Flash, except it modifies a map's fog rather than a special darkness sprite. By default, set foggy maps to have a fog upon entering them. When you use Defog, change the fog's opacity to 0 and then get rid of it (i.e. clear all the fog-related properties for that map). When deciding on what in-battle weather to have, check whether the player is in a listed map and there is a fog for that map - by listing these maps specially, you can have fogs on other maps that don't count as actual fog, e.g. showing sunshine rays, foliage shadows. Look at the defs "command_204" and "command_206" in the script section Interpreter for how fogs are set and their opacities changed, and use similar scripts to handle what Defog actually does.

Old January 7th, 2014 (10:25 AM).
The Creator of the WIP game, Pokémon Cosmic. Looking for helpers! If you want to help, PM me!

Nature: Serious
Thanks for replying Winter Kirby. But how would I go about to define it as an HM? Would I simply copy Flash's code, and make all of the values the opposite? Could you guide me through the process?
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links