• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Limiting Your Life Style

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
There is a saying that life is unfair, and you have to deal with the challenges it gives you. However, there are a few people who take this idea too far and decide to make life harder by restricting themselves on how they live their lives. I happen to be one of them because I treat life like a video game, where I create my own challenges on how to live my life. It's like the three-heart challenge and the nuzlocke challenge, except in reality. I take challenges such as completing a long exam in less than 10 minutes, avoiding to step on cemented blocks containing another person walking on it to prevent damage, and watching the full ending credits while your ride is tirelessly waiting for you to finish. Are you one of these people, or do you think this is the most ludicrous idea you've ever heard in your entire life?

wildjr

Some Random Dude
Years
  • Age 27
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 10, 2018
My first thought was "Man, this is the dumbest idea I've ever heard". My second thought was "Holy truck, this is awesome!"

To answer your question, no, I don't do such awesome things. My life is pretty boring. Now I want to try out some of these things, though.

Southueki

Writer
Years
  • Seen Dec 29, 2014
I've never looked at it that way.

I just live life day by day. There are a few things I have my mind set on, finishing my degree in management, I hit the gym nearly everyday because I want a certain body I still haven't achieved and also enjoy doing it for sport.
It pleasure me to learn since it makes me feel smarter and more capable, it pleasures me to hit the gym because I enjoy feeling stronger as time passes, I enjoy lifting more and enjoy the "pain" I feel for taking my body to the limit, for testing myself.

However, I drift too sometimes. I procrastinate sometimes. I am lost when it comes to love, shattered for falling in love with someone I couldn't have.
I take every single day slowly and enjoy the small things life gives me. Time with my family. Sitting in a café drinking a hot cup of coffee and smoking a cigarette, thinking about all sorts of things at the same time. That is peace to me.
Moments of laughter with my friends, eating a great meal, falling in love, every single feeling and emotion is part of life.

I guess I am a romantic in the way I live

Cura

[color=DarkCyan][i][b]I see nothing! I know nothin
Years
Are you one of these people, or do you think this is the most ludicrous idea you've ever heard in your entire life?

In all honestly, I really hold life to my heart. I'm very thankful for what I have; however, do I limit myself? No, I don't limit myself, but I do know my limits. As an originator, I am continuously creative on whatever I can use. On paper? I draw freehand, I write stories, or list ideas. On computer/laptop? Same things again.

There are times were I can't cross lines, though. These are my limit lines, which if I do cross, it'll be a severe recoil with minor to no success; or if I do cross it with the right mindset, I might be very success with little to no recoil, also giving me the chance to adapt to the new situation. In a sense, a level-up? My life in most example was sad and depressing til things recently changed for the better. I can finally NOT limit myself anymore and try for the best because that 'cloud of oppression' is gone.

Either way, limiting your life can be a successful choice for one's life IF you can manage the situations and limits correctly. If incorrectly managed, it can damage yourself and your life. [But that is only my opinion]

Ranx

Baadshah :P
Years
Like seriously ?
Dumb things xd my life is already pretty adventurous and nice ..
I dont have to do this stuff I dont have time haha xd
On the point I guess this is MADNESS :P

Honest

Hi!
Years
I don't challenge myself like that lmao. There are certain moral codes that I do live by, chivalry for example. But that should be expected.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
I don't challenge myself in those ways, I think that's such a waste of time lol. It's full of childish wonder that left my body years ago.

«Chuckles»

Sharky
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 29, 2023
I don't do anything I don't have to.
What I have to do, I do quickly.
~Hōtarō Oreki​

No I do not set any challenges for my life I can't be bothered and I get side tracked really easily. i.e. Oh look lets bingewatch Breaking Bad season 1! oh cool new episodes of Sons of Anarchy!

Controversial?

Bored musician, bad programmer
Years
  • Age 27
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 11, 2020
I do limit myself on things that are unhealthy but I would NEVER limit my lifestyle. That would just prevent opportunity from presenting itself, stopping you from realising your potential and stopping you from being the person you want to be.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
OP have you heard of Demetri Martin? He has a special called If I that I watched the other day that describes this so perfectly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fNBWYmLF9oM
No I haven't, but after watching this video, it has encourage me to continue limiting my life style with my challenges, but I fear it could hurt my relationship with anyone like what happened to his marriage and his year at law school, which is why I wished everyone would do the same thing as I am, so we can all fail the challenges together.

Years
I know many people who do this. It's called religious fundamentalism!

Wow. Careful with them words or you'll cause a riot.

I am renowned for this kind of thing though, I just call it "playing life in hard mode". All of my assignments are done the night before they're due, I create conflicts that can easily be traced back to me, I cook dinner substituting only what I have in the kitchen for what's in the recipe, sometimes I purposefully oversleep my alarms and miss deadlines.
I'm highly successful and nobody knows why.

Years
Yeah, I like a solid challenge in just about any area of my life. Mine range from taking honors classes in college to limiting my use of words like "thing" and "person" as much as possible.

Puddle

Mission Complete✔
Years
It depends. If people are around, I like to turn a simple task into something challenging cause I just like a good challenge and feel that it looks cooler.

However, if it's something serious, I'll do the easiest way possible to complete the task.

.Lacie

Pokémon Overlord!
Years
@TS Wow Suche Idea XD I have a random lifestyle for example I was talking to you and I saw some pie "*chitchat chitchat* Oooooh PIE!". I don't even plan schedules but I' always fully booked. Anyways I dunno what I'm typing.

Years
  • Seen Feb 5, 2023
No, I don't really limit my life style. I've never really even thought of it, if I want to finish a test fast it's because I want to get it over with and sleep the rest of class. Normally, I try to take the easiest route to get things done.

Morgnarok

PokéCommunity Supporter - Platinum Tier
Years
I don't work. I don't go to school. I just live life day to day. I live off government checks and inheritance. I probably will live this way for the rest of my life. I enjoy and I am happy with my life though because while people my age are at college all day or work and complaining they don't have enough time for this or that and there sick of this and that I can just go do whatever I please, if it be playing pokemon and browsering forums all day and night I can! If I want to go get totally wasted I can! If I want to take a drive and drive all around all day and night I can! If I wish to sleep for 18 hours I can! I have no limit or schedule in which to do things.

Back