• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Spoilers] Shipping Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Minuteman III

More Boosters!
Years
I suppose they had her narrate it because they wanted to push how much she's flustered over the CotD in this episode "asking Ash out", even though the CotD really only wants Ash to help her with her daycare kids through his Pokemon or w/e. Total misunderstanding.
I read a story that portrayed Serena as some sort of yandere character. It probably won't happen in canon, but that hasn't helped me sleep at night.
As I said earlier, I still like this ship...but as you said Anna, she's gonna need to stop being so Ash focused and actually concentrate on growing herself at some point/strengthening other relationships. And I think it needs to start happening sooner rather than later.
I agree with this. If this isn't curbed, the point of the show will be lost to some sort of unholy child of soap opera and nice boats.

Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
I read a story that portrayed Serena as some sort of yandere character. It probably won't happen in canon, but that hasn't helped me sleep at night.

At this moment , Making her a Yandere would be the best thing for that show .
Not really the dangerous type Yangdere , But a Funny type Yangdere .
Whenever She get jealous , A black Aura surround her body and her face become so scary that Clemont , Bonnie and any other character get scared of her while Ash wonders what wrong with her .
Anyway I want to see this-

Premare : If I win then you have go out with me !!!

Serena : Did you Mean ...........AH DATEEEEE?

Ash : Accepted

Serena : WAIT , THINK IT OVER FOR A SECOND .

Clemont : Good Luck

Bonnic : I will cheer for you

Serena : ARE YOU 2 OUT OF YOUR MIND ? DIDN'T NONE YOU HEAR THE ''DATE'' PART !

(Goes to Clemont)

Serena : Come on , Clemont ! You won't accept silly challenge like this .

(Clemont look's at Premare and his glass flashs)

Clemont : Actually , If A girl like her challenge me like this ......Then ...............I won't mind losing !

Serena : YOUR UNBELIEVABLE !!!!

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
Yeah it's been like... seven or eight episodes since joining up with the group? And she's had like, two conversations with Clemont. And honestly not a lot of conversation time with anyone really; there's just been all this emphasis on her admiring Ash. There's not been much of a development of relationship there either tbh. It's pretty much the same level as when they met for the second time and nothing has shaken her crush position.

And it's just really weird to me to be seeing this quartet as "the group and Serena" rather than just "the group".

I actually read a comic where Ash was yandere haha that was... interesting. I see Serena as having yandere tendencies but like Minuteman says, it's not going to go very far in canon.

Years
  • Seen Mar 31, 2014
And it's just really weird to me to be seeing this quartet as "the group and Serena" rather than just "the group".

Or the "Ash fan-club". XD

I mean, as we've seen Clemont wants to be like him, and Serena has a crush on him...now we're moving into her getting jealous/flustered when other girls might have an interest him (though she's misunderstanding another girls intentions in this case).

I think for him to have someone to "call him out", they have to come across as a bit of a jerk, or short-tempered like Iris and Misty could be. These sweet caring girls like May, Dawn, and Serena do nothing but praise him.

Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
Or the "Ash fan-club". XD

I mean, as we've seen Clemont wants to be like him, and Serena has a crush on him...now we're moving into her getting jealous/flustered when other girls might have an interest him (though she's misunderstanding another girls intentions in this case).

I think for him to have someone to "call him out", they have to come across as a bit of a jerk, or short-tempered like Iris and Misty could be. These sweet caring girls like May, Dawn, and Serena do nothing but praise him.

Basically You mean Tsundere !!!
Well , The show would be a lot more exciting if Ash has powerful and popular female rival who act like a Tsundere toward him .

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
Wait hold up May certainly called him out. Like all the time. They got along well and she was learning through their time together but boy did they argue and have differing opinions. She thought he was cool and good at what he did, yeah, but she was quick to correct him when he was being a dolt. That's what Serena needs to start doing- recognizing his faults and being like "um hold up no". A character can both praise and criticise another without being labelled as either too sweet or too temperamental.

I think with Clemont and Ash it's like... they both have qualities they admire about each other and haven't really experienced things that irritate them about with other. Actually as it stands, none of them really know the negative qualities of the others except for the lemon siblings, and their annoyances with each other haven't really been prominent. Bonnie is rather pessimistic about Clemont's inventions and Clemont would really rather she stop proposing on his behalf. But everyone's so fresh and putting their best foot forward right now that their negative qualities aren't even that obvious to the audience.

I'm really hoping this will be addressed and they won't just stay happy-go-lucky for the entire series.

Years
  • Seen Mar 31, 2014
Wait hold up May certainly called him out. Like all the time. They got along well and she was learning through their time together but boy did they argue and have differing opinions. She thought he was cool and good at what he did, yeah, but she was quick to correct him when he was being a dolt. That's what Serena needs to start doing- recognizing his faults and being like "um hold up no". A character can both praise and criticise another without being labelled as either too sweet or too temperamental.

I guess my memory is fuzzy about May, and AG in general...because I only remember one real argument they had. They had one little disagreement about contest and Gyms (which to go to first IIRC) too, but I don't remember her calling him out to the extent that Misty and Iris did ( a select few times maybe?). I mean, almost every battle she saw him in I heard her saying "Satoshi sugoi kamo!"", which means "Ash is amazing, right?" or something along those lines. But as I said, I don't remember that much of AG, you probably have watched more of it recently then I have. May and Dawn still looked up to him a good deal, and really it showed in their interactions, at least from what I remember. :P

Last edited:

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
That's true. But a lot of people were very put off by Iris' constant negativity and it didn't help that Ash never really retaliated- they weren't really given any time to actually bicker and those interactions felt forced. So maybe bringing Ash down all the time just isn't a very good thing. It's not interesting from an audience perspective and in-show like... nothing came of it. If anything were to come of it (as Ash always just took it), I could see him internalizing that negativity and being really sad about it.

I just feel like even if May admired some of his qualities, she was still able to see where he was wrong or totally misaligned with her own personal views (which weren't so heavily influenced by him). And that was a good balance. Serena doesn't seem to be able to do that yet.

Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
How about Ash have Tsundere rival like this-
Chara_img03.jpg

Her Personality
-

-She will act like an arrogant Princess !

-Her main Pokemon happen to be a Sylveon and she also has a Brxian .

-She's really Popular with Boys ! Even Clemont was astonish by her look .

-She usually act graceful and clam However But she get livid & angry everytime she see Ash or hear his name.
Example-
WTF_Moment_Erina%27s_Reaction.jpg

- She totally obsessed with perfection ! She claimed she could beat Ash within 3 minute in their first battle and even overwhelm him But Ash mange to break though her Perfect combination and lasted more then 3 minute before Team Rocket interfere .

-She is lonely girl ! After she got betray by her Best friend , She lose all her faith in friendship . It also one of the major reason behind her hate toward Ash Because seeing him always surround by Friend make her realize how lonely and miserable she is .

-She tries to intimidate Ash by various truant But Ash always ether misunderstand them Or flat out ignore them which makes her even more angry !

-Surprisingly , Ash is the first person to believe she has a soft & Kinder side! This believe become even stronger when he met her mother & learn about Past ! Ash often try to to drag her into various adventure and open her up to others

-Her mother is a popular model and Best friend of Diantha ! Her mother is more cheerful and friendlier then her Daughter ! She mistook Ash as her Daughter's Boyfriend and sometime she like to tease them .

-She defected Clemont before he left the Gym ! Clemont describe her as the Strongest Challenger ever to Beat him. However She doesn't hold Clemont in high regard and consider him as a trash of a Gym-leader .

-Although She start to develop feeling for Ash , She doesn't accept it until their big showdown in the league .

I think this how a Romance in Pokemon should handle !
Rather then making it a ''Subplot'' , Writer should try a romance that would be a part of the main Plot .

Last edited:

Elaitenstile

I am legend
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 27, 2015
Serena is totally looking like Ash-me-over XD

I don't see how her whole point of travelling is, either. She hasn't caught anything new yet, she hasn't even had a proper battle other than a helping hand against TR. Even Ash had to help Fennekin in Citron's gym against that Magnemite.

Clemont seems to look like he's trying to beat away a fly that wasn't there. What I mean by this is that he wants to go out to the real world and get experience and yet he's got a lot of talent and (from what I've seen) a lot of skill. Ash's hugely comical shiny-eyed look at Citron (and sometimes Eureka) really shows that he admires Clemont's and science's machines and various things. But three yards close to Serena without Ash? Nope-nope.

She's trying to be like the opposite of Iris actually, she seems to think that Satoshi's real experienced (which he in fact is but doesn't show it on a region reset) and that he's so... not a kid. From what I know of Ash never seemed to care how much friendzones he executed, and he's not having any opinion on Serena. Character development gets a -1 there.

Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
Whenever We make a friend , We act formal ! But when Our friendship start to deepen , Our tone change , We start to criticizing one another , Teasing each other , Bicker & fight about silly thing , sometime get angry at one another !
When will Ash & Serena reach that development ????She still act formal and has the same shyness toward Ash & other ! If she & Ash's relationship is deepening then shouldn't it possible to see Serena acting ''Sassy'' Toward Ash !!!
Because the part I liked about Serena that she was sassy And I hope she start to show Ash that part as sign of getting closer to him .

Last edited:

jollyninetails

Emperor of Scandinavia
Years
  • Age 40
  • Seen Apr 4, 2014
At this moment , Making her a Yandere would be the best thing for that show .
Not really the dangerous type Yangdere , But a Funny type Yangdere .
Whenever She get jealous , A black Aura surround her body and her face become so scary that Clemont , Bonnie and any other character get scared of her while Ash wonders what wrong with her .
Anyway I want to see this-

Premare : If I win then you have go out with me !!!

Serena : Did you Mean ...........AH DATEEEEE?

Ash : Accepted

Serena : WAIT , THINK IT OVER FOR A SECOND .

Clemont : Good Luck

Bonnic : I will cheer for you

Serena : ARE YOU 2 OUT OF YOUR MIND ? DIDN'T NONE YOU HEAR THE ''DATE'' PART !

(Goes to Clemont)

Serena : Come on , Clemont ! You won't accept silly challenge like this .

(Clemont look's at Premare and his glass flashs)

Clemont : Actually , If A girl like her challenge me like this ......Then ...............I won't mind losing !

Serena : YOUR UNBELIEVABLE !!!!

Im going to need a dictioonary. :) Yangdere?

Ash Is a big gorram hero type now, Just look at him climbing after the Gorchamp, reclessly, but with good intent. All he have to do is save a pokemon or ten, And the girls get all sparkly eyes.

Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
I believe writers are pushing Amourshipping because Kalo is based on France which is known for Beauty & Love !
Or They are following basic format of kids anime where the MC hang out with a girl who loves him and a guy who admire him.
I found this pic with Ash & Serena wearing Zexal's Outfit-
tumblr_mz5vrhq4xC1r7banto1_500.png

Serena looks so much prettier then other zexal girl but it seem there still something missing .
May be , Serena should start straighten Ash up and act sassy toward him .
Honestly , Does Writer really had to make Ash & serena's encounter in childhood a one time deal !!!
Grace moved to Kalo with her offspring and Writer could make Ash & Serena a long term childhood friend.
That way Serena could shown her sassy side toward Ash !
What was the point of making her a childhood friend if she act like a new girl who just met Ash ???

Years
  • Seen Mar 31, 2014
I just feel like even if May admired some of his qualities, she was still able to see where he was wrong or totally misaligned with her own personal views (which weren't so heavily influenced by him). And that was a good balance. Serena doesn't seem to be able to do that yet.

Well, I think many people's problem with Serena is that her entire existence, at least for now, seems to revolve around Ash and the writers are just rolling with that idea.

I mean, a new summary came out today for the episode airing on Thursday, and it was worded. "Premier challenges Ash to a battle with Sylveon! If he loses he has to go out with her! What will Serena do?!"

When you look at things like that, you have to wonder what the actual hell the writers are doing, and it's no wonder that some people have a problem with Amourshipping. Even though I like it, I can admit it's very forced right now? Or at least it seems to be. I mean maybe there's a reason for it or maybe not. But right now, I think almost as many people who like the ship are turned off by it because of how ridiculously blatant it is. I mean a few people say it could be a rather extreme case of admiration/attention seeking, than an actual crush..but regardless of what it is the whole jealously thing seems a bit unnecessary lol.

jollyninetails

Emperor of Scandinavia
Years
  • Age 40
  • Seen Apr 4, 2014
Yeah, "betting" on the battles would spice things up. More than glory at stake, Perhaps.

I guess Serena could go for the Sweet sent approach too? If she wants to gain his affection Cookies and pufins will not do the trick alone .And a crush will often die out if there is no action, No kindle on the fire so to speak. (In my experience at least.)

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
Well, I think many people's problem with Serena is that her entire existence, at least for now, seems to revolve around Ash and the writers are just rolling with that idea.

I mean, a new summary came out today for the episode airing on Thursday, and it was worded. "Premier challenges Ash to a battle with Sylveon! If he loses he has to go out with her! What will Serena do?!"

When you look at things like that, you have to wonder what the actual hell the writers are doing, and it's no wonder that some people have a problem with Amourshipping. Even though I like it, I can admit it's very forced right now? Or at least it seems to be. I mean maybe there's a reason for it or maybe not. But right now, I think almost as many people who like the ship are turned off by it because of how ridiculously blatant it is. I mean a few people say it could be a rather extreme case of admiration/attention seeking, than an actual crush..but regardless of what it is the whole jealously thing seems a bit unnecessary lol.
I'm really wondering if this'll calm down at all. Like, this new episode is just another big push and like ??? why??? Where are they going with this? Is her developmental arc going to purely be letting go of Ash? What the heck. I'm getting more annoyed the longer she doesn't have a solid goal or non-romantic storyline tbh. As long as she was doing something else I would be open to this but she's just not.

Sir Codin

Meh, I don't really mind if it's forced or not. It really isn't bothering me.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
I just feel like by forcing this ship, they're not giving Serena enough solo character time. She's currently entirely defined by her attitude towards Ash and that's just not fun.

Sir Codin

Battling? That's Ash's department. Contests? Wait, we don't have those anymore. Rhyhorn racing? Not a lot of variety there.

Then again, correct me if I missed anything, but Clemont and Bonnie also seem to be along for the ride just because...just because. And I don't recall them getting too much development so far either. It's still early in the series, so I'm eager to see what the writers have planned for them.

Also, maybe the reason they're pushing this ship is because it's so popular. I mean, it got pages and pages of support on Serebii before the first episode even aired. Maybe the writers are aware of this and they're catering to the shippers. Not that I'm complaining too much since I support this shipping, but I do admit it shouldn't be all Serena is for, but all I'm saying is it's a bit too early to jump the gun on the conclusion that she just simply going to be nothing more than Ash's love interest (and to be honest, I still think the idiot needs one...and a slap upside the head to make him see.)

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
I'm not saying she's not going to be anything more than the love interest, I'm saying she really shouldn't be and I hope that's not the direction they're going. So far, she hasn't established anything except that she doesn't really want to be a Rhyhorn Racer. I'd like to see them bring in an alternate profession or bring back contests because the games may not have them anymore, but they were the perfect thing for a fashionable character to be doing. I just really hope they let her develop her own life.

Clemont came into the picture because of the trouble at his gym and how he was trying to overcome that problem. Then he realized that travelling with Ash was a wonderful opportunity to get stronger and learn from others. He's already set with his life goal and passions- he's a gym leader and inventor and always will be. But they're also writing him as a dynamic character that adds to the story. Serena hasn't been shown to be very passionate about anything in particular- we get the occasional "oh look fashion!" but that's been irregular and not expanded upon. And her interactions with the whole group have been limited and she's honestly become more bland than the first time we saw her.

Bonnie's just around. She's only really comparative to Max, but she's been a driving force behind some of the episodes and plotlines so far and definitely keeps the energy up so I'd say she's valuable. Since Ash isn't being the kid this series, there's gotta be someone running ahead and causing trouble.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back