• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

Ruby hack: Pokémon Snakewood Version

Years
I just wanted to say that to me this is the all time best hack ever!!!! Besides all the glitches etc I frikken love it. The story line is boss coz its not the usual collect 8 badges and take down an evil organisation nonsense, for once something new. In a way kinda wish there was a sequel:-D

Anyways I came here to ask for help and I dont wanna be someone nit picking at every wrong thing the game has, Im just stuck. I beat the elite 4, now then went to that cave where the zombies are blocking it, toom care of that place got attacked by Gleis (the one with the tao guy), woke up in prison where that zombie with the level 100 pokemon kicked my ass. Got saved by that doctor/professor (whatver) and he tells me to find some guy to teach me mgic basically, the gym leader of Pacifidlog. From there nothing else, Im stuck. I look up that I have to find Esue and Iv looked and looked now Im stuck.

Instead of tell me where to go or what to do cant someone please just upload or send a link of the latest version of snakewood with all the IPS, patching etc done for me. Coz I have no idea how to or even what patching is!!

So PLEASE someone just put the latest version of snakewood for me( T.T )

PRETTY PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Nov 23, 2013
Cutlerine it would be nice if you replied to this
So I'm in the necropolis and I've freed Trick Master, May and Landon and I didn't have any revives or potions on me so I went on I was versing the 2 servered heads and that guy with antispiral (I think). Well , I died there and I made my way back to the necropolis but when I jump down (the place where Landon and stuff were) my screen goes pitch black
Thanks

Years
  • Seen Jun 9, 2015
For some reason every time I go to the Necropolis and it says "Go Down?" and when I choose yes,I fall into a place that is all pitch black and I can't use any HMs and it plays the S.S Canjrego theme.(I hope I spelled it right).So then I can't move anywhere even with the "walk through walls" cheat.;-;{D:}

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 3, 2013
Ok, i read most of the threads, and i am still completely confused on what to do once you go down the first time, for the engine.
Help?
BTW great hack

Years
  • Seen Nov 15, 2014
I need help. When I went to necropolis, in the room with the necropolis hub, I try to interact with the passages but nothing happens. When I looked on a walkthrough video the player interacted with the passage on the bottom left in between the rocks. When I did that it still would not.work. I looked in the comments, and saw that I was not the only.one with the problem. I already googled this problem and found nothing helpful. So someone please help

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Dec 26, 2013
Hey there..

Love the hack, i've been addicted to it for about a week now, but i seem to have hit a wall, somewhat long story involving it, but here goes:

I had saved my state somewhere and was supposed to go to the sewers, but i kind of ignored that and went to a dive patch east of lilycove (the one that normally leads you to ever grande city). If memory serves me, once i dove down under, i went in the little cave and (?) ended up in a smaller room. then i went out of that room and resurfaced, i ended up where the normal aqua/magma hideout is, so i went exploring a little and found a building (which is the building at the end of the sewers). I go in there, heal my pokemon and start messing around blindly with the warp panels till i gave up and left, but then i ended up meeting Gleis outside and then we did our whole bit and i woke up in my room. I go downstairs and talk to my mom, the TV starts blabbing and then mom turns into Gleis like normal. i run outside and end up in littleroot but there are no buildings and it is all just destroyed. there's a water patch to the north, i jump down and end up on the sub and then i end up back in fortree, without a clue on what to do next
What's bolded is what happens even if i go through the sewers, to be honest this entire thing was just completely mind-effing, but anyway..let's get to the point:

Am i playing some outdated/unfinished version orrrrr what because i haven't a clue. I assume that's the case, but what do i do if that is the case, i don't really want to start the entire thing over?

Years
  • Seen Mar 19, 2023
I finally defeated SENEX and then the main character said "All we need to do is know about my past." So how do I do it???

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Aug 3, 2014
Ok im very confused... I got to the quiz machines and completed them. But what I didnt know was that the box teleported me back... and now the fourth quiz says I completed it already, although I didnt. And its not letting me through. So, what do I do?? Also, when I saved the game and exited, then started the game again, both walls are closed and it still said I completed the quiz! Ahh haha please help!!

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Apr 28, 2014
Anybody know a good place to find a TEXT WALKTHROUGH? I'm kind of stuck right now and have ABSOLUTELY NO IDEA what the h*** to do next. Or even better, can CUTLERINE provide us a walkthrough? He/She made it, after all!

Anybody know where to find a good TEXT walkthrough? I seriously need to know. I'm a loooooooooo-ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong way from not being stuck right now!

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Sep 1, 2015
Hello everyone, I have a few general questions about Snakewood.

1) What is the completion status of the game? I did read Cutlerine's first post which was updated sometime in 2013 but I just want to double-check.

2) I'm not sure if I have the latest version installed on my GBA4iOS emulator. I downloaded Snakewood from the website coolrom.com. I would post a direct link, but I do not have 15 posts yet.

In the version of Snakewood that I downloaded, I noticed that the overworld sprite for the female protagonist is exactly the same as May's sprite from the original Ruby/Sapphire. However, in many youtube videos for Snakewood, I see that the female protagonist has her own custom sprite which makes me wonder if I have an earlier version of the game. Do I? If so, where can I find the latest version of the game?

3) If I don't have the most recent version of Snakewood, would downloading the most recent one erase all the progress I made in my current save file? I'm fairly far in the game right now (preparing to fight the Elite 4) and it would be a huge shame if the time I put into it was all for naught.

Raj

Pokemon Master
Years
Hello everyone, I have a few general questions about Snakewood.

1) What is the completion status of the game? I did read Cutlerine's first post which was updated sometime in 2013 but I just want to double-check.
I can't answer the rest of your question but I can answer this part.

The main game is completely done, but there is supposed to be a story mode after you beat the game which is only 90% done, it has been stated that Cutlerine is extremely unlikely to ever finish the last part.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Sep 1, 2015
I can't answer the rest of your question but I can answer this part.

The main game is completely done, but there is supposed to be a story mode after you beat the game which is only 90% done, it has been stated that Cutlerine is extremely unlikely to ever finish the last part.

Thank you very much for the info, my friend. I didn't even know there was even more stuff after you beat the game.

If anyone can answer my second question from my previous post, I would greatly appreciate it.

Rata

Pokemon Terra Firma Creator.
Years
  • Seen Jun 13, 2020
I like it, but im think the grapichs can be change.
And, nothing more to say.

Good luck! ^^

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 22, 2018
I have a question. Long story short, I accidentally picked the berries on route 114, and now my game is frozen. Is there any way to fix this?

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 22, 2018
Heh. Traded a Torchic from a Pokemon Sapphire ROM, evolved it, and now I have a Blaziken with Friction Kick (80% accurate bug type double edge, pretty much) :D

Back