The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Culture & Media

Notices

Culture & Media This is where all of pop culture culminates and chats over a cup of joe. Here you can find discussions relating to the latest and greatest television shows, movies, music and literature, and much more!

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old December 31st, 2013, 10:13 AM
Wazee Wynkoop
New Start!

Nature: Relaxed
I'd say the Joker for me. He's an insane serial killer who manipulates, tortures and murders people for entertainment. And he has a chronic obsession with Batman.
But I found his not-caring attitude and engaging dialogues to be subtly charismatic. I'd want this guy dead IRL, but in comics I can't wait to see how he puts Batman and Gordon through the ringer next.

~Sa-Dui~
Old December 31st, 2013, 10:48 AM
Poki
Et tu, Brute?

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkie-Dawn View Post
Eric Cartman from South Park. He's a fat, foul-mouth, racist child w/ evil intentions, yet he's somehow enjoyable to watch because of it. You just can't wait what evil scheme he has in store. It also makes me wonder if such an evil child like Cartman does exist irl.
Cartman is my inspiration.
Old January 12th, 2014, 09:16 AM
Magikarp From Hell

For anyone that saw the movie (/masterpiece) Warrior. I was rooting for Tommy Riordan (Tom Hardy).

For some reason I'll root for the underdog or the antihero. A few example's I agree with that I read here are, The Joker, Charlie Sheen, Hannibal, Gary Oak, ..

Looking for: Non-Us Tentacool

Old January 12th, 2014, 09:52 AM
hughes

Nature: Quirky
This is bringing up some fresh feels.

One book series that I love is Falling Kingdoms by Morgan Rhodes, and my favorite character is quite possibly one of the most sinister. Magnus is quite awful at times, but I can't not love him because he's constantly struggling to find and do the right thing, whatever that means to him. I think that's why I love his character so much. He also reminds me a lot of Zuko from Avatar: The Last Airbender, who probably falls under this category, too.

3DS FC: 5000 2479 0671 (Vash - Y)(Kara - X)
Friend Safari: Growlithe, Slugma, Fletchinder
Black 2 FC: 2924 9605 4312
My Pokemon Tumblr: http://lumiosecafe.tumblr.com/
Old January 12th, 2014, 10:28 AM
Sheerow
The future is in the past. Onwards, Aoshima!

Nature: Adamant
Oh man there are so many characters with terrible traits that I love. I think many of them are designed for you to love their terribleness, and if so the writers do a great job! Some are Azula from Avatar the last Airbender, Helena from Orphan Black, basically everyone on Game of Thrones is terrible but I love them (like Joffrey who's the worst but moments with him are so great), Dr. Kelso (and D. Cox to an extent) on Scrubs, Sylar and Jessica from Heroes (only the first season though as that was the only good one), and Alice, T, Buck, Gimme, Shoshana, and Chicken from United States of Tara (not sure if they qualify as villains, but they do ruin Tara's life). I'm probably forgetting some others but those are some core favorites.

Previously Ravio
Old January 12th, 2014, 08:40 PM
DowntownDumpling

Nature: Quiet
I have a bizarre love for over-dramatic, emo characters, like Mewtwo in the movie, Shadow the Hedgehog, and Cloud from FFVII during his more self-indulgent moments. I feel so bad for them, unlike characters who face difficulties and shrug them off, where it's just like, "Oh, you're okay and don't need my attention? Well, then you won't get any."

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt0044 View Post
The Scrappy
God, you are such a Troper it's not even funny.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links