The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Fan Clubs & Groups

Notices

Fan Clubs & Groups Fan Clubs & Groups are places to go to find like-minded members and talk about similar interests. Join or create a club here if it doesn't fit in any of the other sections.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Advertise here

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old December 21st, 2013, 11:23 PM
Chocolate™
Awesome Dragon

Nature: Adamant

Advertise here
Thought I'd start a new topic:

How Did you Find About Minecraft:

It all started two years ago. I told my friend about Pokemon and he was really interested. We used to go to the channel of this guy called Munching Orange on Youtube to watch videos. I once watched the start of one of his Minecraft videos, saw the blocky graphics, thought it was rubbish.

My friend then saw Minecraft videos on Youtube. At the start, he also thought that MC was rubbish but being more patient then me, he kept on watching the videos. He began liking Minecraft and bought it. Then he began telling me about it. I then watched some more videos and started liking Minecraft. Then I bought Minecraft and I do not regret buying it.
Old December 22nd, 2013, 07:24 PM
Astinus
Remember NovEnder

Like TD, I found out about Minecraft first by looking up Pokemon videos. I was going through all of Marriland's videos, and saw that he had a few series for this game called Minecraft. Since I like watching Let's Plays of other games, I decided to give these a chance, and I was instantly hooked. A few other people that I follow on Youtube also had various series of Minecraft LPs, and I watched those over and over again.

When I finally decided to check out the game, I tried out Classic first, but it felt empty because I was used to the full game from all the videos that I watched. I thought about waiting until I had less games to play, but couldn't wait for too long without playing the Minecraft that I know, so I got the game and haven't regretted it.
Old December 23rd, 2013, 10:45 AM
Zameric
The One and Only

Nature: Lax
Send a message via Skype™ to Zameric
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybro View Post
Username: Skybro
Console of Choice: PC
Favorite Block/Item:TNT
Favorite Mob:Wolf
Welcome to the PokéCommunity Minecraft fan club, Skybro! :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astinus View Post
I haven't played around with that many mods. I would say that I like Feed the Beast, but it adds a lot more to the game than I usually want to play. So I'll say that my favorite one (out of the two that I've tried!) is Wolffang404's More Ores modpack. It adds a few more ores to the game that I can find, which helps break up the monotony of mining. I can find something more often than in vanilla.
Some ores mods that have peaked my interest are SimplesOres2 by AleXndrTheGr8st, True Randomite by AUTOMATIC_MAIDEN, and Underground Biomes by Grom PE. I think these are all great mods that help to break up the monotony of mining in Minecraft.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TD View Post

Mo Creatures is the first mod that I had ever played and I love it due to the variety it adds to the game.

I do like modpacks but only a few of them work for me. My personal favorites were Tekkit Classic and Yogbox, However both of them have stopped being developed. I like Hexxit but I can usually play only a minute of it until my computer lags for the next 1 hour. In other words: I really need a new computer.
Mo' Creatures is also one of my favorite mods. I've been playing it since the 1.2.5 era of Minecraft. It's grow so much since then, and has even inspired aspects in the Vanilla Minecraft.

It's a shame that Tekkit Classic hasn't been updated. Although, I think Tekkit Lite has kind of taken over for it, since the new version of Tekkit was released, right? At least in the sense of people who want the classic feel, but don't want to be stuck in 1.2.5, I guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knormageddon View Post
Username: Knormageddon
Console of Choice: PC, but perhaps one day, PS4 as well.
Favourite Block/Item: Favourite block would probably be brick block/spruce planks, as both together make a great looking house. Item... Ender pearls are pretty sweet. :]
Favorite Mob: Wolves are favourite passive mob (Well, if you wanna call them passive...), while the Ender Dragon is my favourite aggressive mob.
Welcome to the PokéCommunity Minecraft fan club, Knormageddon! :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by EB View Post
Vanilla speaks for itself: the untarnished game, no mods. (Really I prefer Semi-Vanilla, where mods that prohibit x-ray techniques are present. But I said Vanilla for simplicity.)

Usually servers have commands such as "/home" and "/spawn" to make travelling to and from specific locations easier. Most servers only allow one home -- or base -- per user. Raiding is where no one's base is safe. All users can raid everyone else's bases without punishment. It adds a higher difficulty to Hard mode, for not only do you have environmental hazards and mobs against you, but other players as well.

Things get even more interesting when you team up with others. You gain and lose allies (sometimes at the cost of materials), but the teammates who stick it out for the long haul end up your closest friends on the server. The trust and communal aspects of this mode are great, and often overlooked.
Ah, is it's a type of PvP/griefing server?

How Did you Find About Minecraft:
Actually, I'm fairly sure that it was my two oldest nephews that got my hooked on it back in early to mid 2012. Wow, it feels like I've been playing for longer than just a couple years...

I remember that I first tried out the Classic version for free on the Minecraft website, which I don't think is available anymore.
Soon after, I was playing 1.2.5 with my nephew's account for a little while. I eventually bought my own account.
I only played on single player for a little while, I was afraid of having to go against other players, in addition to having to worry about hostile mobs. XD
But I gradually gained more experience and confidence with the game and I'm where I am now.
I love to mod because I find Vanilla a bit boring, I'm a moderator on a multiplayer server, and now I'm a guide for my third and youngest nephew while he plays the game.
Although, he's starting to not really need my help as much anymore.

Old December 24th, 2013, 03:39 PM
Thatcher

Username: Thatcher
Console of Choice: PC
Favorite Block/Item: In Vanilla Minecraft, TNT. When it comes to mods, I have a few: Builder's Wand from Extra Utilities, the Hammer from Tinker's Contruct, and Minium (?) Stone from Equivalent Exchange (craving for a 1.6.4 stable update).
Favorite Mob: Enderman

How did I find about Minecraft? YouTube. A video by the Yogscast was strangely recommended for me. And from there, I got into it and till now, my favourite 'game'.

Old December 28th, 2013, 07:37 AM
Zameric
The One and Only

Welcome to the Minecraft fan club, Thatcher!
Youtube has become a pretty big part of the worldwide media.
It has done wonders for the spread of the Minecraft fandom.

Old December 28th, 2013, 10:32 PM
OtakuVox

Nature: Jolly
Username: BlueWaffoal is my name on Minecraft
Console of Choice: PC - Windows!
Favorite Block/Item: Butter Block B) Part of Sky Army here ahahaha
Favorite Mob: Mines would probably be the Mutant Enderman (Mod)

What is your favorite gamemode?
I love being in survival mode. More challenging and fun as well in my opinion

How cool do you think Minecraft is?
I believe Minecraft is just fabulous. On a scale of 10, I would rate it 10 butter out of 10 butter

Did or do you have a Minecraft Premium Account?
Yes I do

Old December 30th, 2013, 12:15 AM
Chocolate™
Awesome Dragon

Nature: Adamant
So would anybody be interested in hosting Minecraft for the PC's winter Videogaming event? Contact ShadowE if you want more information.
Old January 4th, 2014, 08:02 AM
Squirrel
This'll be a blast!
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
Anyone feel like playing some Minecraft Hunger Games? Or any other MC server games, I'm pretty bored and they're more fun in a group! I usually use Mineplex or Hive but if anyone has better suggestions then I'm happy to try them. :D
Old January 13th, 2014, 10:57 AM
Zameric
The One and Only

Quote:
Originally Posted by OtakuVox
Username: BlueWaffoal is my name on Minecraft
Console of Choice: PC - Windows!
Favorite Block/Item: Butter Block B) Part of Sky Army here ahahaha
Favorite Mob: Mines would probably be the Mutant Enderman (Mod)

What is your favorite gamemode?
I love being in survival mode. More challenging and fun as well in my opinion

How cool do you think Minecraft is?
I believe Minecraft is just fabulous. On a scale of 10, I would rate it 10 butter out of 10 butter
Welcome to the PC Minecraft fan club, OtakuVox!

You're referring to the gold block, when you say butter, correct?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TD
So would anybody be interested in hosting Minecraft for the PC's winter Videogaming event? Contact ShadowE if you want more information.
I'm sorry...Is that still going on?
I only frequent a few forum sections on PC.
What do you mean by host? Like game show host?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squirrel
Anyone feel like playing some Minecraft Hunger Games? Or any other MC server games, I'm pretty bored and they're more fun in a group! I usually use Mineplex or Hive but if anyone has better suggestions then I'm happy to try them. :D
I know a nice, semi-vanilla server for playing MC Hunger Games and other MC mini-games.

Do you guys think we should have a section on the first post of the club for featured servers?
I have a couple that I frequent that I'd like to share with others.

Also, would any of you be interested in a Mod of the Week/Month type of section?
I was thinking it could either be a feature of videos already on Youtube, or maybe we could have someone from the club make mod spotlight videos.

And maybe a monthly/quarterly creative-mode building competition?

Old March 9th, 2014, 08:39 AM
wolffang404

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astinus View Post
I haven't played around with that many mods. I would say that I like Feed the Beast, but it adds a lot more to the game than I usually want to play. So I'll say that my favorite one (out of the two that I've tried!) is Wolffang404's More Ores modpack. It adds a few more ores to the game that I can find, which helps break up the monotony of mining. I can find something more often than in vanilla.
Glad you liked my Mod . But the updates got the best of me and I am not skilled enough at coding to update it. XD
Old March 9th, 2014, 11:45 AM
Astinus
Remember NovEnder

Oh wow! This is cool to see a mod creator here! Thanks for showing up! Shame about the updates holding the More Ores mod back.

Unfortunately, the club hasn't received a post in over a month, and the club owner hasn't been seen in over a month. I'll close this current thread, but if anyone wants to remake a new Minecraft club, feel free!
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here