The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Off-Topic Discussions > Chit Chat Café

Notices

Chit Chat Café Wondering what your fellow members are eating for breakfast? Want to chat about the weather or other silly things? Idle chit-chat and polls go here.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old January 5th, 2014, 08:15 AM
Somniac
Probably sleeping.

Nature: Naughty
I'm a lover not a fighter.
I guess it's worth noting that I haven't had a single argument in my 5 year relationship, which a lot of people find really odd.
Old January 5th, 2014, 12:11 PM
Lunarose
replaced by lies

Nature: Modest
Not exactly sure. I'm not the kind to wear my heart on my sleeve as they say. I might be capable if someone were to prove that they would be deserving of that unconditional love?
Old January 5th, 2014, 05:58 PM
Saki

Nature: Sassy
I am 100% capable of unconditional love. I am not an overly affectionate person but I do know when I love someone (or love a pet haha) that won't change over a few flaws and bad arguments. I think it's healthy to love the right person unconditionally but I think it's hard to deal with and sometimes very hurtful to love people in such a way easily. I don't think trust issues are a good thing but I think you should be a bit logical (if possible) about who you love.
Old January 5th, 2014, 06:01 PM
Faye Rose~
I'm not sorry for being me.

Nature: Lonely
Yes.

I have already felt it even though they probably didn't deserve it. Unfortunately the other person did not share the same principles.

The way it works with me is if someone loves me I'll automatically love them back... it's just how I am.

3DS FC: 4012-4551-1244

Old January 5th, 2014, 06:19 PM
Saki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faye Rose~ View Post
Yes.

I have already felt it even though they probably didn't deserve it. Unfortunately the other person did not share the same principles.

The way it works with me is if someone loves me I'll automatically love them back... it's just how I am.
It's not entirely bad to return feelings in that way! I am almost the opposite in that sometimes when people care for me I have a hard time allowing myself to care for them. It's a pretty deep thing to admit but given my current relationship I think I have improved upon it a bit.

I always tell people that being a loving person is a good thing and never to let someone make you regret that.
Old January 11th, 2014, 11:26 PM
Wolf Masin
ALPHA WOLF

Nature: Relaxed
Not to b a stinks but its not really real just an instinct of human mind that's what believe n also I give conditional because uncondional is the worst mental abuse worst than getting played just bout
Old January 12th, 2014, 07:11 PM
DowntownDumpling

Nature: Quiet
I think unconditional love probably exists. It might as well, at least, because some people have watched their loved ones literally kill and rape (and even consume) other human beings and stayed by their side, at least in spirit, through it. I don't know that "conditions" can escalate much more than that.

Myself, I don't think I could. I'm not sure I even love my parents that much. I mean, that sounds horrible, but I don't particularly cherish talking to them or care what they think, and if they made big enough mistakes I'd easily leave them behind.
Old January 12th, 2014, 07:16 PM
Puddle
Mission Complete✔

Nature: Lax
I love my girlfriend pretty unconditionally :3. I don't always show it, but I really do. I think loving someone unconditionally really just means that you'd do anything to keep that person/thing happy as can be. I try and do that for my girlfriend, so yeah :3

Old January 12th, 2014, 08:12 PM
Fernbutter
Murder is the way.

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Skype™ to Fernbutter
Tough question. Bottom line? Yes.

I can be a little, uhh... hard to keep? But I prefer making other people happy instead of myself so yeah actually, I can love another person unconditionally If I really wanted to. Sometimes I prefer not clinging on to somebody, maybe that's just because I haven't found the right person yet, which I am hoping I will, soon enough.

There should be a signature here somewhere.

I wonder where it's gone.
Old January 13th, 2014, 06:28 PM
PJBottomz
just a little human

YES. SWEET JAYSUS YES. OH MY GOD. IT IS SO POSSIBLE AND IT SUCKS BUT IT'S AWESOME BUT DON'T DO IT BUT DO IT IF YOU'RE CERTAIN BUT NOT IF YOU AREN'T AND SERIOUSLY IT'S GREAT UNLESS YOU DO IT WRONG JUST LOVE CORRECTLY AND IT'S SO COOL I JUST

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Artist Formerly Known As Shining Raichu View Post
No, all love is conditional. Katy Perry is a fool if she thinks otherwise.
Never speak ill of Katy.
Old January 30th, 2014, 06:57 PM
Vanille Sky

Nature: Gentle
I think I'm able to love unconditionally. No matter who it is, and regardless of how introverted I actually am, I am grateful for the people who stick around and continue to be there for me whenever I need them. I try not to take advantage of their friendship or take them for granted for they could be gone the next day. Relationship-wise, it still sticks. I'm the type of person who makes sure my significant other is happy and comfortable, even at the sacrifice of my own well-being. I guess I like being a caregiver, but to a certain extent

— レイン · wonderland · love · appreciation
Old January 30th, 2014, 09:03 PM
Merak
Because reasons.

Nature: Quiet
Unconditional love does exist.
Yes, it can be a bad thing. As has been previously stated, people have gone to horrible lengths with loved ones and didn't turn back.

It can be good too. Obviously there's the parents thing, though loving your parents unconditionally depends on a ton of things and not everyone can love their parents unconditionally.
In terms of other people(lovers for example). Yes. Definitely. Unconditional love exists for sure. Its great, the feeling of somebody being there, and the feeling of having somebody to be there for. There's no feeling like having that one reason to keep pushing forward and living on. You feel like there's an invisible thread binding you, too, like you can feel them there when you really love each other.
But it can be bad there too. Sometimes it turns into unhealthy obsession. Other times somebody may get their heart broken so badly it ruins their trust in others but they can only find themselves back at the feet of that one person trying to help them in some way.

Tl;dr - Unconditional love is real. It can be very very good or very very bad.

Credit for the userbar goes to xVaporeon; credit for the avatar goes to Snakeyem12.
MY WRITING
Old January 30th, 2014, 09:09 PM
MegaIndianCharizardX
Making johto anime hack.

Nature: Brave
No, it wont be a good option.

My Profile / My Johto Anime Hack Thread / My Johto Anime Team Disscusion Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links