The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Roleplay Corner > Roleplay Lounge

Notices

Roleplay Lounge Lounge about in Out-Of-Character discussions linked to individual roleplays. This is the best place to find existing roleplays to join, or create the sign-up thread for a roleplay of your own!

Closed Thread

Old January 14th, 2014, 05:26 PM
銀ヤミ
Fighting to Renew my Past...

Nature: Lonely
Loving your character Manska, accepted! I like how well the sheet wraps everything together!

Old January 18th, 2014, 02:20 AM
TheZenTraveler
Am I dead yet?
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to TheZenTraveler
Name: Felix Winters

Appearance:
Spoiler:
Build and skin tone:
Felix stands a little tall, at 5ft 10in; though he often overlooks his own height when interacting with others. Felix’s weight is a meager 140lbs and he doesn’t have much, if any muscle. From behind one could assume he was an old man, leaving them thoroughly surprised with what they find. His pale white skin tone reflects the fact that he rarely left the Tower in all of his years of Study.

Face, Hair, and Eyes:
Felix has no facial hair; in fact he hasn’t been able to grow any. He often has a stern expression, which gives way to a kind smile, for all whom take the time to accept him. His Hair Is about medium in length, and very spikey. It’s a healthy chocolate brown, and helps to make him look younger. Felix’s eyes are his defining characteristic though, when not being assisted by Kato, they are a very tame glazed grey; When Kato is lending him visual aid, his iris’ glow a vibrant purple. His eyes could easily be unsettling to people who have never met him.

Outfit and accessories:
Felix’s outfit is very plain, he wears a heavy woolen robe with hood; it’s a tame brown with no accents and a golden sash around the waist. He wears his hood up the majority of the time as well, keeping his face veiled. Underneath the Robe He wears a blank white Tee shirt and a pair of plain brown trousers. His accessories are just as dull as his outfit, He Keeps a Brown leather satchel and old walking stick that is gnarled at the top with him. Inside the satchel are various books, as well as some notebooks and pencils (notebooks are used for communication the majority of the time, because I doubt everyone will know sign language).

Personality:
Spoiler:
Felix doesn’t have very good luck when it comes to social interactions; often assuming others are talking about him behind his back. An Idea that has been constantly fed to him from Kato, whom he relies on to hear things he can’t directly see happening. Though there is no anger towards the people around him, when in large groups Felix often feel alienated at best. He is aware though, that positive new human relations would most likely benefit him and Kato if they were to ever receive any.

While he is alone, Felix enjoys sightseeing, reading and intelligent (telepathic) conversations with Kato. More often than not one can find the two traveling alone, instead of a group; though this seems to be more for Kato’s sake than Felix. He also knows of Kato’s mischief towards humans, though he has not told Kato yet, due to a conflicted conscience. On one hand, he is well aware of the fact that it does not positively affect their standing in the eyes of others; on the other hand, he knows that Kato’s intentions are good, and that Kato is just trying to defend what he cannot defend himself.

When In a life threatening situation, Felix is extremely observant of his surroundings. There are 2 reasons behind this, the first being he is looking for any strategic advantages; the second is that if the situation becomes too dangerous Felix takes visual stock of the area because he allows Kato to cut the vision assistance and use his full psychic power. Felix and Kato avoid getting into the situations because of the great risk that is taken when leaving Felix without the majority of his sight.

When Sparring, Felix will continue using Kato’s visual aid, as Kato usually has enough power to partake in the event. The Elder of Bell Tower taught them to use respect when sparring, Win or lose; this aspect is great to keep in mind, because they often aren’t on the winning side of the battles. Partly due to their inexperience and partly due to Kato’s power not being at its fullest.

Odds and ends:
Spoiler:
Felix dislikes not using Kato’s visual aid; it leaves him with a feeling of being more of a burden.

Felix will often sketch things he sees as interesting, committing them to personal memory. He never takes his new gift of sight for granted, Taking in as much scenery as his eyes will allow.

He never forgets his dreams that he had once had. Even though Kato strongly disapproves, Felix still grasps for the dreams that were so suddenly stolen from him; who knows maybe one day he will realize his dreams?

History:
Spoiler:
When Felix was young, he aspired to be a great fighter. Often he would imagine that when he came of age, he would travel from his hometown of Ekruteak to Fuchsia in order to find his soulbond Pokémon; which he was always so sure the Pokémon that would be bonded with him, would be a great fighting type. Often running about in his back yard acting out the many adventures he would likely have.

The subject of allowing their son to be soulbound was often that of controversy in the winters’ household, as his mother had been soulbound with a Xatu while his father did not have a soulbond. This often led to arguments over their son’s safety and happiness if he were to receive a soulbond Pokémon. Felix never truly understood these arguments, being that he was too young to grasp that they were about his future; he only remembered seeing his parents constantly fighting, and never knowing why.

One month after his sixth birthday, something terrible happened to Felix that would change his life forever. One day, during a particularly long drought, the winters’ household caught fire; the only one home at the time was Felix, whom had fallen asleep in his basement room. By the time his mother and father had made it to their house, it had already been completely engulfed in flames. Acting as fast as she could, his mother worked quickly with her Xatu to find Felix, who had been awoken by the fire and was thoroughly panicking as the house burned around him. Before they could reach him, the house partially collapsed, pinning Felix under a rather large beam and causing massive head trauma; as the pair reached Felix’s unresponsive body, the house completely caved in. The Xatu used a powerful Psychic move to save both Felix’s mother and Felix. The move came at a cost to the Xatu, who had to leave itself unprotected in order to save the two. Debris crushed its left wing as it fell, permanently rendering it unusable.

Though the crushed appendage was not in vain, as the Xatu quickly teleported the group to the local hospital. The winters faced a road which no parents should have to walk down. Their house along with all of their accumulated assets had been destroyed, but even worse, they could not afford the surgeries their son needed. Unable to see any other way, the winters’ reached out to the public for support, hoping that someone would be able to assist them in their time of need.

After several days, the local Elder of Bell Tower, Heard their call and made an interesting offer. He offered to pay for all of Felix’s medical expenses, only if he would study at the Tower and become the new chronicler for the region. Unable to turn anywhere else, his parents reluctantly agreed to the elder’s terms. As soon as he received the news, the Elder sent payment and treatment began.

Months passed, Felix began to respond to treatment and medicine that he had been given. The day he finally regained consciousness was worthy of bittersweet celebration; though he had woken up, Felix was completely deaf in both ears, and it was soon to be discovered that he was almost completely blind. Comprehensive testing showed that the trauma he had received in the fire, partially ruptured Felix’s temporal and occipital lobes. Felix’s parents were devastated to hear He was unable to make out anything but shadows within one meter during the day, and left completely without the aid of hearing. Thankfully it seemed that the rest of his brain had been left intact.

After months of rehabilitation Felix had come to terms with his handicaps, learning basic sign language and braille. Though the day finally came that he was well enough to leave, and on that day, His parents communicated to him of the deal that they had begrudgingly made to save his life. Felix’s sat emotionless for several hours after learning this news, knowing that he was to be sent to study at the tower for the majority of his life. Not only had his life been completely skewed, but the one thing he had hoped wouldn’t change, his dreams, had been erased as well.

As fate would have it, the elders came to retrieve Felix a day before his seventh birthday. His parents cried as the elders left with their only child, His mother and her Xatu stood left arm and left wing in slings, and his father stood tears streaming down his face though, only partially due to the situation; felix’s father had realized, standing there as his son was being taken to meet his destiny, that the last image of his parents Felix likely had, was one of them fighting with each other.

Over the next 2 years Felix spent his time studying the history of not only the Johto region but, all of the regions combined. He was the youngest person to study with the sages in history, and since he was unable to do much other than study, Felix learned fast. The elder of the tower saw great promise in the young boy, and decided that he would be sent to Fuchsia City to undergo the test of the forest of spirits. The elder saw much promise, knowing that the boy would likely have a strong soulbond; He couldn’t deny the destiny that he could see for Felix.

On the week of his tenth Birthday, Felix travelled to fuchsia accompanied by an interpreter, to undergo the test of receiving a soulbond. The day he turned ten, Felix set out into the forest. Unable to perceive much, Felix wandered about the forest floor for hours, eventually finding a patch of ground that was level enough for him to meditate on. Moments turned to hours as Felix sat motionless and relaxed, night fell upon him before long, and Felix was completely unable to differentiate the shadows around him. Something happened while he meditated, a force communicated with him. The force told him to search, even though he could not see.

Felix took this as a sign, and began to wander once more. After hours of wondering Felix got a strange feeling, like he was being followed. He froze, unable to validate his unusual feeling. What seemed like hours passed, Felix stood, as if frozen in time.

“Are you alright?” A man’s voice rang in his head,

A voice? Felix opened his eyes, turning only to nothing; everywhere he turned he saw darkness. What he had heard clearly was a voice, but where.

“Can’t you see me?” the voice asked, as though it were puzzled by Felix’s actions.

There it was again! Felix didn’t know how to react; all he could hear was the voice and nothing else. In a frantic effort, Felix began to sign:

I’m partially blind and I’m lost can you please help? He paused for a moment and then started signing on. And I’m also deaf, how am I able to hear you?

The mysterious voice began chuckle.

“That explains why you haven’t noticed me walking alongside you. I thought you had just been ignoring me all this time.” The voice paused and then continued, “You are hearing me, because we are communicating telepathically, I sincerely apologize for startling you like that. My name Is Kato, who might you be?”

Felix Bowed, “My name Is Felix winters” he thought.

“And what a fine name indeed, well my friend, what brings a deaf and partially blind child into this forest at night?” the voice inquired.

“I am facing a trial to receive a soulbond, hopefully” , Felix answered.

“Oh ho! Is that so?” the voice chuckled briefly, and then fell silent for a moment. “You said you were partially blind correct?”

“Yes I am, I can only see shadows close to me during the day” Felix answered, wondering why the voice wanted to know.

“Close your eyes” the voice replied, Felix could sense the seriousness.

He closed his eyes, wondering what the act would accomplish anyhow. A split second later, felt a tingle in his head, not painful but rather pleasant. Though it was not a feeling he had ever experienced before, Felix was at ease with the feeling,

“Open your eyes” the voice commanded.

Felix opened his eyes, not fully prepared for what he was about to witness. Directly In front of him, there was a Lush green meadow. The meadow stood solemn, surrounded by dark desolate forest by all sides, bathing in the moonlight from above. Floating in the air a few meters in from of him, sat a strange looking old man, with 2 spoons in his hands. The man had a rather long moustache that was silver with age, but he didn’t look like any other person Felix could recall.

“How… How…” Felix was unable to clearly think, it was too much to put in thoughts.

“How can you see?” The old man finished, going on to say “You are able to see, because I’m telepathically lending my ability of sight to aid you.”

Still unable to comprehend the situation, Felix just nodded.

“Now come, we must get you out of this area and to a safer stead” the old man said, floating away.

Felix followed, unbeknownst to him; he had met his soul bond.

Over the next few days, Felix became better acquainted with Kato learning that he was an Alakazam and that he possessed strong psychic powers. All the while, Felix slowly began to realize that Kato was his soulbond. And after a week had gone by, Felix finally got up the courage to ask Kato if he would like to accompany him and his soulbond. Kato chuckled, agreeing to leave, and travel to Ekruteak city with Felix.

The next several years were spent with few luxuries. Although he had found a soulbond, there were many new things to learn, and still much to study about the region’s history. The Elder of the tower also aspired to teach Felix and Kato the skill of combat. One great disadvantage that they would have to work through is the fact that Kato’s powers were weakened when allowing Felix to have vision. This could only be corrected by years of trial and error.

At age 16, Felix was given the title as official chronicler of Bell tower, and allowed to come and go as he saw fit. On his first leave from the tower, Felix decided to find the place where his parents were currently residing. Much to his dismay His parents had moved away shortly after he had been committed to the tower. This left Felix feeling abandoned and alone, this feeling only further manifested itself when he came to realize the townspeople didn’t understand his handicap, and often scoffed at his inability to function normally.

This eventually led, to Felix only confiding in the monks and Kato for any advice. He felt like an outcast in his own community, yet for some reason, he often hypothesizes that if the others would only take the time to understand him, they would get along. Kato had come to a different conclusion, knowing that Felix had truly become alienated; He focused much of his time assisting with Felix’s education and recommending that they go to town less often. As Time went by, Kato eventually came to resent outsiders to the Tower, and will often act out towards them as he saw fit.

Two years went by, and Felix received post from Fuchsia city; it was a letter printed in braille from his father. The letter read that his mother had fallen very Ill and that he should come as soon as possible. Felix requested that he be allowed to depart for Fuchsia at once, in which the elder had no objections with; though the elder handed him a leaflet, informing him that he while he is there, he should investigate the strange occurrences outlined in the leaflet. The leaflet was a request, for soulbonds to assemble at the fuchsia gym to help with a possible threat from a mysterious group.

Even as he dealt with constant protest from Kato, he had already made up his mind. Felix packed a satchel with several reading books, several notebooks, and some other small necessities. He then left the Tower with Kato, unaware of how serious his predicament truly was.

Felix’s Soulbond:
Species: Alakazam
Name: Kato

Appearance:
Kato wears the same type of robes that Felix wears with one small difference, Pockets sewn in on either side of the waist for his spoons. The only real discerning factor, other than that of the robes, is the fact that he sports a silver moustache instead of tan.

Personality:
Spoiler:
Kato is a natural born guardian, always keeping a watchful eye over his Soulbond Felix. Knowing that the bond between them shares everything, Kato has no wish to cause harm to himself or Felix due to any brash decisions.

Ever since the day that the townspeople alienated Felix, Kato has held a very personal hate for humans. One could hypothesize that Kato Is harboring the hat for the two. Often he will use nasty tricks on other people when he believes Felix is not watching. These characteristics make it hard for anyone to come into contact with Felix, which is what Kato wants. Though his true reasons are still unknown Kato may be attempting to shield Felix from something he had experienced in the past.

Odds and ends:
Spoiler:
Kato enjoys having intelligent conversations with Felix more than anything.

Kato, Wakes up to watch the Sun rise every day, although Felix doesn't yet know why.

Opening Post:

Spoiler:
“Our Stop is next Felix, be ready to depart” Kato’s voice reverberated in his mind.

Felix turned towards his right, looking from under his hood, at another hooded figure. He nodded, and diverted his attention to the rest of the bus. There were only a few people riding: an old man, who looked like he was an important business man, two love struck teens sitting just in front of him, and that was it. Since He and Kato were sitting about in the middle of the bus, Felix decided to shift his attention to the back of the bus.

He looked over his shoulder, and found himself gazing at another sitting with her soulbond. A young woman, who had to be around the same age as him, sat at the back of the bus with a Greninja; Felix couldn’t help but wonder whether she was a local or if she was here for the same flyer he had received. Whatever reason she was there, he doubted it concerned him.

Suddenly the bus came to a halt; Felix turned his head back and began to stand. No one else seemed to even flinch; instead they went about their own devices, quietly waiting for their own stops after his.

“Pitiful aren’t they? These people couldn’t have less than a spine if they tried” Kato chimed, standing up as well.

“I would not know I haven’t met any of them” Felix stated telepathically as they made their way off the Bus.

Kato stopped once they were off, and surveyed the area. Felix looked around as well, Darkness enveloped the buildings all around, and Light posts stood diligently guarding the streets, chasing darkness away from Sidewalks, corners, and important buildings. The city was such a large place, always bustling during the day; Felix wondered what it would sound like.

“Kato… what does Fuchsia sound like?” Felix inquired, hoping to get a legitimate answer.

“It sounds like… the suffering of the innocent being destroyed by the…” Kato’s voice trailed off into Felix’s mind.

He’d heard it all before but, just then something else caught his eye; the young woman whom he had noticed on the bus walked past them.

I wonder… he thought, though he knew the answer to his question before he asked it. The young female had most likely received a flyer as well, and was here to assist in the campaign to uproot the gang. She stopped, and began to smoke, just then Kato’s voice rang out once again.

“We must head to the gym, it is our first stop”, he stated.

Felix snapped his head back towards Kato and immediately inquired about going to hospital first.

“Unfortunately I do not think the hospital is open this late, and besides we were sent here to answer the cry for soulbonds, not just visit your mother” Kato informed.

“Fine, but we will go see her first thing in the morning ok?” Felix begrudgingly agreed.

He looked down the street, and several meters past the young woman stood a sign, which read Fuchsia Gym, with an arrow pointing down the road. Felix began to walk briskly down the street, Kato not lagging far behind. He passed the young woman, who was still enjoying her cigarette; deciding that he should focus on the objective ahead, knowing that if he shrugged them off, Kato would not play any nasty tricks on them.

After a Few hundred meters, a rather large building came into view. Lights stared intently from all sides, as if the Large building was about to do a trick. A sign in the front of the building stated Fuchsia City Gym. As they drew closer, Felix’s mind began to race, what if there are a lot of people inside? What would he do if they tried to greet him? Even as his worries amounted, Felix continued forward, eventually standing at the front door of the Gym.

“Let’s get this over with” Felix said, as he opened the door to the beginning of a new Chapter of his Life.

Soul Calibur!
AJ in The Hoenn Diaries- IC/OOC
The image above was provided by LakituBroz
Old January 18th, 2014, 04:49 AM
Tixen
*Insert something witty here*

Nature: Quirky
... Okay, I was going to be able to give you an SU for this tonight, but my computer decided to be evil and crash, and of course I didn't save. So I'll get it up a bit later for you, okay? For the record, my character's name will be Luna Delora, and her bonded is a Hydreigon named Asmodeus.
Old January 18th, 2014, 08:03 AM
銀ヤミ

Zen, fantastic sign-up, it is definitely accepted!

Tixen, I'll await yours!

Old January 21st, 2014, 05:40 AM
Tixen

Sorry about this taking so long - I caught a case of Writer's Block, and then afterwards went and probably overdid the whole thing. Oh well, here's the SU.

Character Name: Luna Delora
Sex: Female

Appearance: Standing just over 4 feet in height, Luna is of average size for a girl her age with a healthy build from spending a lot of time running around. Her skin is a lightly tanned, and often covered in freckles in places, mainly along her shoulders and across her cheeks and nose. Her face has a very babyish look to it, mostly due to her age, with eyes that are a warm brown colour, which is a close shade to that of her hair as well. She tends to wear her hair in two small pigtails on each side of her head, held in place by green ribbons. A fringe that ends just above her eyes covers her forehead, part of it held off her face on the right hand side by a hairclip with a pink flower on the end.

As puberty is just starting for her, earlier than most, she tends to wear oversized shirts in order to conceal any changes to her body that might occur. Her favourite is sleeveless, with stripes in various shades of green, and a Gradcidea flower printed on the front. She often wears white denim shorts, which over time have become slightly trashed around the edges and ripped. For shoes, she tends to rely on a pair of green canvas shoes, the laces of which are bright pink now, as she replaced them herself a few years ago. If the weather is colder, Luna adds a pair of black leggings under her shorts, and adds on a dark green puffy jacket, which is lined on the inside with watermelon pink.

Personality: Luna comes across as being a very cheerful child, as well as being someone who's mental age is a fair bit lower than what she is actually, as she is quite naïve. Her view of the world is very black and white, as she believes in good and evil in the very extremes of the ideas, tending to classify people as either one of these two things based upon her first impression of them, and treats them as such, unless they can change how she views them. Those who she views as being "good", she takes exceptional liking to. For these people, her praise, admiration and smiles are infinite, and she holds these people up as models of what people and Pokémon should be. However, if she dubs a person to be "bad", she makes sure that plenty of glares, snark and general bad behaviour from herself is directed towards them, as in her mind, this is justified as they are a "bad" person. Of course, by taking this very childish view of other people's behaviour, Luna sets herself up to be disappointed and confused, especially when someone she decides is one stereotype, behaves in a manner that contradicts that label. When this does happen, she usually isn't sure of how to handle it, and blames it on external factors, rather than thinking that her own methods of judging people to be flawed.

She has a burning curiosity about all things in life, often asking people she trusts various things, regardless of how silly she thinks they are, or whether or not she thinks the person she's asking will be able to answer it. When people's answers do not satisfy her, she tends to go and seek them out herself, leading her to often journey to far reaching places in order to satisfy her curiosity. Luna doesn't mind this, she knows enough to figure that while she may have to go a long way in order to find the answers to her questions, the road leading there could also raise more questions, and thus giving her more reason to continue exploring as she sees fit. For her, this is more than enough reason to continue living the lifestyle she does.

The relationship between her and her bonded Pokémon, Hettie, is quite an interesting one. Luna regards Hettie as the kind of family that she never had, and delights in spending every moment with the Banette. However, due to the bond, Hettie's personality and her rage can filter through to Luna, who in turn can then start to act quite bizarrely for her normal characteristics. If she can sense Hettie's bloodlust, Luna starts to become highly focused upon fighting, defeating, humiliating and destroying those she considers to be her opponents at the time, finding herself enjoying the violence that she previously was uncomfortable with, often giggling while this happens. These moments don't generally last very long, but they are enough to disturb the girl, as she then tries to figure out whether she is a 'good' person or a 'bad' person. To her, the idea of being a 'bad' person herself terrifies her, as she never wants to be like the people whom she shuns for their behaviour, understanding that doing such a thing would be horribly contradictory, and wrong in her mind. She does not link Hettie with these tendencies, which are becoming more and more frequent over time, as she remembers how she behaved before bonding with Hettie, recognizing the similarities between then and now. She still refuses to draw the final conclusion though - that she herself is a violent person - as she simply does not wish to face this conclusion.

History: Luna seems to have been born someone around the area of Lavender Town, as she was simply left for an orphanage in that area around the time she was born. Some staff of that orphanage did a little bit of digging, and found that her mother seemed to have abandoned her due to being too young to be able to support a daughter. She wasn't named when she arrived at the orphanage, but soon people started calling her 'Luna' due to her habit of sitting by windows at night and staring at the moon for hours on end. Her last name was given to her, as it was the name of her mother.

As a child, she was very withdrawn from the rest of the children living in the orphanage, preferring to keep to herself and play with various toys. Those who tried to engage her in conversation found that they would be on the receiving end of some rather violent outbursts, as she tended to throw objects that were around her at the other person if they pushed her too much. On one occasion, she got a doll, and used it to demonstrate a lesson to another child in response to his suggestion that she just needed to love a little more. Screaming at him that nobody loved him, or anyone in here at all, she proceeded to cut off each of the doll's limbs with a pair of scissors, telling the boy that nobody, especially not his parents, would care if she did the same thing to him as what she was doing to the doll, because he'd just been abandoned in the orphanage with everyone else like a piece of trash. At this point in time, she took off the head of the doll, after having stabbed it several times with the scissors, and threw it into the trash.

This episode of hers was witnessed by a member of staff, who theorized that it was a lack of familial comfort that caused Luna to behave in the ways that she did, and figured that if she had some kind of family figure, her strange behaviour would cease. However, it was easier said than done to get anybody to adopt the very antisocial child, and she eventually reached the age of 5, showing no signs that her tendencies would stop. Then, one of the staff had a brilliant idea - to send her into the Forest of Spirits to try and bond with a Pokémon. That Pokémon could serve as something for her to love and in return, be loved by. So, Luna was taken to Fuchsia City, and entered the Forest alone. She was in there for a bit less than an hour, and re-emerged with a small Shuppet floating by her shoulder, which she'd named Hettie.

The staff were less than pleased about this partner of hers, who seemed to radiate silent fury. But Luna quickly came to see Hettie as her family, treating her with as much love and respect as she could. By having the ghost type around, Luna slowly became more stable and friendly, eventually becoming a very cheerful young girl - it was almost a complete transformation.

When she reached the age of 8, Luna decided that she wanted to travel around Kanto with Hettie by herself. She'd developed a healthy curiosity of the world around her, and wanted to see it with her own eyes. The staff were hesitant about sending her out by herself so young, by she pointed out that that children who were less mature than she was were allowed to, plus Hettie was a fair bit stronger than many of the Pokemon those children were bonded to initially, due to the training that they'd done over the years. Eventually, the staff agreed, and the two set out to explore as they wished. Throughout the journey they met with other bonded groups, and started battling against them. At first, the pain that they felt was quite difficult for Luna to overcome, but eventually she did, with Hettie evolving into a Banette, and the two's bond became even closer than before.

After that evolution, occasionally when the two of them battled, Luna would find that she could feel Hettie's fury, and for a couple of seconds, she held that same fury within her. These moments scared her, and people who are scared often do stupid things, with Luna deciding to ignore this, deciding that it must just be a figment of her imagination, or just being able to feel the bond between herself and Hettie stronger at those points in time. But, as time went on, they only became steadily more frequent, and longer lasting.

Around the current time period, the two started hearing about these "Rockets", which were appearing and causing large amounts of trouble within society, acting in ways which Luna deemed made them 'bad' people. She found that she could find out about them in the newspapers, from seeing broadcasts or hearing the radio, or through word of mouth, which gave her fairly regular updates on the trouble that this group was causing. She decided that these people had to be stopped due to the crimes they were commiting, and a few weeks later, she came across a flyer asking all bonded people to gather together to fight back against them. Feeling how much Hettie approved of this, the two made their way to Fuchsia City to join the cause.

Pokémon: Banette
Name: Hettie
Sex: Female

Appearance: Hettie is a bit smaller than the average Banette, with brilliant red glowing eyes. Her body is covered with jagged stitching, often concentrated heavily around her limbs, and her neck in particular. However, a lot of this is covered by a rag she wears as a scarf around her neck, the edges spattered a deep red.

Personality: As most Banette's are, Hettie's primary motivation for existing at all is revenge. Her owner, when she was a doll, was a rather violent child, tending to cut the dolls limbs off with scissors, before eventually its head, and then discarding it. However, her memories of this time are quite hazy, meaning that she has difficulty remembering who exactly was her owner. After she was born, this was the only memory of humans, and over time, her memories of this one human extended to lead to an intense hatred towards all humans. So, for her, becoming bonded to Luna wasn't something she was originally pleased with, because she quickly found that no matter how much she wanted to, she could never really hurt her in any way. Eventually, she realised that in some ways, she envied her, as Luna seemed to have a joy in her that Hettie had never felt.

However, this did nothing to stop her vengeful nature, as she came to the conclusion that being bonded allowed her more opportunities to harm other humans, all while not getting in trouble at all for it. Nor did kindness Luna showed her change her opinion of humanity - she is to blinded by hate to really see what they are actually like. As such, she often enjoys being able to fight against other bonded, knowing that the pain she inflicts upon the Pokémon is felt by the human, and manipulated Luna to allow herself more opportunities to fight. She warps her human a lot, telling her to do certain things for certain reasons that seem viable, but are more related to her own wishes than anything else. This is also the reason why she tries to push her rage onto her human on a regular basis, as she finds the results allow her to inflict more harm upon others. Hettie is glad for the large number of humans and bonded humans in this world, because she finds that without her desire for vengeance, she simply seems to be little more than an empty husk, and that terrifies her most of all.

Opening Post: Luna dangled her feet over the edge of the seat within the train, swinging them to and fro out of sheer boredom. It was sure taking a while to arrive in Fuchsia, and the delays hadn't helped. She glanced up at her silent guardian, and the movement caused the pink clip in her hair to fall out. Yelping out loud, she quickly clambered off the seat, crawling around on the floor trying to see where it had landed. Eventually, she found it lying under the seat, having bounced off the floor and slid over there. The small girl pulled herself back onto her seat, taking care to avoid the place where a spring was sticking out from one of the checked red cushions. She swiftly stuck the hair clip back into its original position in her fringe, and tapped it once, pleased with how it seemed to be staying there.

Her brown eyes turned upwards, again looking at the Banette who floated above her, slightly to the right. Hettie looked looked as she always did - her scarf floated in the air around her on an invisible breeze that nobody but her seemed to be effected by. The Banette's red eyes glowed eerily, adding to the sombre ambience that surrounded her. But the thing that made her seem the creepiest to most people were all of the stitches covering her body, as if she'd been ripped apart and sewn back together. Luna followed the stich lines around her bonded Pokémon. They circled around her arms, around both of her legs, and then, there was those around her neck, some of them half hidden by the scarf. Of course, there were splattering's of the stitches on other parts of her body, the most obvious being around her heart and left eye.

Luna felt that familiar sadness that flowed through her every time she beheld the stitching on her bonded Pokémon. She couldn't comprehend how bad the person who'd done this to Hettie had been, to have given her such grievous injuries. She just wanted to hug the Banette and tell the bad person to go away and never touch Hettie again. Although, she'd never found out who the bad person was, or what they'd done to her to have left her with these marks - she seemed most reluctant to tell her, or sometimes it seemed that she herself didn't know what had happened.

The red eyes flashed to meet brown, and the ghost Pokémon's expression turned to one of contempt. Luna quickly turned her eyes away, wrapping her hands around herself. She knew that Hettie hated it when she felt sorry for her, and she didn't want to make her Pokémon feel sad or hate her, so she tried to keep her pity under tabs.

A ghostly hand waved in the girl's vision, causing her to look up, spotting her bonded Pokémon gesturing to the window. Curious, Luna turned around, and whooped with delight upon seeing that the city of Fuchsia was laid out just a little way ahead of them. She pressed against the glass, squashing her face in a way that would have been hilarious to people looking from the outside, surveying the city. She could see the dense, mist covered Forest of Spirits to the left of the city, the tall trees rising out of the ground and giving the city that lay next to a sense of grandeur and importance. The city itself was a sprawling mess of mismatching buildings, both modern and old, mixed together to create one being, built upon the lives of all those who lived within it. The 10 year old girl was just bouncing with excitement upon finally reaching it.

"Look Hettie!" She exclaimed, turning her face to look at the Banette. "Its Fuchsia City!"

The ghost type rolled her eyes and folded her arms over her chest, as if to point out that she'd just made that obvious, but she couldn't help but feel Luna's excitement, and floated over the window to have a look.

Behind them, from the seat on the other side of the train, a man laughed aloud. The two spun around at the same time to look at him. He seemed like a middle aged business man, wearing neat clothes and carrying a briefcase beside him. Upon seeing the two of them studying him, he laughed sheepishly, and waved a hand at them.

"Ah, sorry sweetie, you're just reminding me of my own daughter. She's so excitable..." He paused, clearly thinking back to his own family, before his green eyes flicked back to reality, and focused upon Luna. "Speaking of which, where are your parents? Shouldn't they be with you on such a big trip like this?"

Luna's eyes narrowed, and she folded her arms, pouting. "I don't need no parents!" She stated boldly. "They didn't want me, so I don't want them!"

The man recoiled for a moment, and looked down, his hair covering his eyes from sight. "I see..." He muttered to himself, before glancing back up again at the girl. "So why are you travelling here then?"

Her brown eyes lit up, and she reached over to rummage around in her green backpack, pulling out a flyer. She walked over and held it up to the man, who went to read it, pulling out a pair of glasses as he did.

"See? Its calling for all Soulbonded human's and their Pokémon to come help the Gym Leader Janine get rid of these Team Rocket bad people." She stated proudly. "I'm going over to help them out."

The man jerked back in shock, staring at her as if she'd just sprouted a second head. "Y-You? You're just a little girl, and you want to go up against a group of thugs? Are you insane or something? That's far too dangerous for someone as young as you!"

Luna glared at the man, ripping the flyer back out of his grip. "You're mean, you know that right? I can do whatever I want to do, and I want to help get rid of the bad people. And besides, what have you done that's good for society recently?"

They remained there in silence for a moment, the man staring at her, before eventually turning away from the blazing strength of her eyes, which she directed straight at him. Seeming satisfied, Luna turned, just as an overhead speaker announced that the next stop was the Pokémon Gym. She picked up her little backpack, and walked over to the door as it opened, Hettie floating beside her, seeming pleased at how events had played out.

"Later, old mean man!" Luna yelled back into the train at the stunned businessman, and didn't give him a second glance as the doors closed. She was already focused upon finding the Pokémon Gym.

Password: Soul Evans

Last edited by Tixen; January 22nd, 2014 at 04:14 AM.
Old January 21st, 2014, 07:55 AM
銀ヤミ

A few minor things before I can accept it:

Other kids' starters? That word doesn't make much sense in this RP.
Previous owners? Not sure where that was meant to go, since bonds live and die along with their bond.

Otherwise, it's a pretty good character, I like the elements you're putting into the duo.

Old January 22nd, 2014, 04:12 AM
Tixen

My apologies - the starter thing was bad wording on my part. However, the "previous owner" is meant to be there. In most Pokedex entries regarding Banette, it states that Banette is "A doll that became a Pokémon over its grudge from being junked. It seeks the child that disowned it." I'm using this to give Hettie her vengeful personality, as she was once a doll that was mutilated and "junked", as its put in the 'dex. Thus, she was once an object rather than a sentient being, and therefore capable of having an "owner", as she was an object. So, the use of that word is merely meant to imply that she was a possession of someone else in her past life, when she was a doll, rather than implying that she has had multiple people whom she has been bonded with. Does that make sense?
Old January 22nd, 2014, 07:29 AM
銀ヤミ

Alright, then if that's it, it's accepted.

So, what do you guys think? Should we go for starting IC, or try and hold out in hopes that a few more people will join us?

Old January 22nd, 2014, 07:33 AM
Albunnie
A Total Meatatarian

Nature: Naughty
Send a message via Skype™ to Albunnie
I say we should go for it. :3
Old January 22nd, 2014, 07:39 AM
<Challenger>
I need Boobies! Nothing more!

Nature: Jolly
I'm afraid I'm gonna drop my reservation. My character idea has taken an untimely jump off a cliff...As in I lost it.

"Welcome to Boobies, we hope you like what you see, boys!"
Old January 22nd, 2014, 08:35 AM
TheZenTraveler
Am I dead yet?
Community Supporter

I'm good to go whenever everyone else is ready to go ^-^
Old January 22nd, 2014, 11:06 AM
Manska
Community Supporter Tier 1

I'd be up for getting going, there's a good few players signed up now.
Old January 22nd, 2014, 06:39 PM
Tixen

I'm ready to start whenever you want really, my posts might just be a tad slow over the weekend.
Old January 26th, 2014, 06:36 AM
銀ヤミ

THE IC IS UP, POST POST POOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOST

Old January 28th, 2014, 08:53 AM
TheZenTraveler
Am I dead yet?
Community Supporter

Should be finished typing tonight.
Old January 29th, 2014, 11:44 AM
銀ヤミ

GAIS WER R U TIS IS TOTALLY SCARY OMG

Post, guys! Please? Activity is already starting off incredibly slowly for my tastes, and if we don't get the ball rolling this RP won't last.

Old January 29th, 2014, 03:45 PM
Tixen

Sorry about that, been a touch busy and slightly unsure of exactly how I wanted to start. Post is up now though
Old January 29th, 2014, 04:17 PM
Manska
Community Supporter Tier 1

My post is up. Sorry for the wait, Uni classes just started up this week for me and things have been busy as hell.
Old January 30th, 2014, 08:09 AM
銀ヤミ

Zen is working on it, and Cipher hasn't been on in a few days. If he doesn't get on soon, I'll suspend his character and we'll just keep going. In the meantime, we need more players! Grrraaarrrggghhhhhhhhhh

Old February 1st, 2014, 09:56 PM
TheZenTraveler
Am I dead yet?
Community Supporter

I finally had a period of time on my hands to stamp out 1-0. I decided to give a little insight on my character's incentives... I hope everyone has a nice day ^-^.
Old February 2nd, 2014, 05:28 PM
Xilfer
Control.
Community Supporter

Hey, sounds like you need a few more players. I'll reserve one of them spots then, if you please.

I can probably have an SU up as soon as I get a character idea, considering how much free time I'm (hopefully) gonna be getting.

In any case, I must say it's quite an interesting take on Pokemon you've got; makes for a much more sensical (is that a word?) world.

Last edited by Xilfer; February 2nd, 2014 at 05:34 PM.
Old February 3rd, 2014, 06:24 AM
銀ヤミ

Welcome Xilfer, and you're correct! Though there are no longer reservations, so once you have a proper SU up I'll just accept it!

Cipher is now in the suspended list. I'll work on the next IC post as soon as I can.

Old February 3rd, 2014, 09:49 PM
Xilfer
Control.
Community Supporter

Character Name: Lea Traham
Sex: Male

Appearance:
Spoiler:

Lea prefers a subtle appearance rather than a flashy or outstanding one, especially when it comes to his clothing choices. His clothes are all in black, making him very camouflage at night. He wears a tight, plain turtleneck shirt underneath a dark leather jacket. The jacket has a zipper running down the middle, with zipped pockets on either side of the chest, and an upright collar arching around his neck. He also sports simplistic black jeans and a pair of white sneakers that contrast oddly to the rest of his black attire.

Lea's natural hair color is actually black. For most of his life he had black hair, but during the preparation to fight Team Rocket, he opted to dye it white. Though this once again contrasts greatly with his clothing, the intent is to make him look as little as his original self as possible, so as to hide his identity should the need ever arise. The rest of him is entirely natural. He stands at around 6 feet tall, but is far too light for his age and height considering his skinny form. His facial features are both smooth and pointy. His nose is lean, curled up ever so slightly and ending in a point. Same goes for his chin, being pointed and curled slightly upwards. Finally, his irises are an intimidating shade of brown that almost make them appear red in sunlight.

Personality:

Outwardly, Lea seems like a fairly kind and friendly fellow. He is generally regarded as a patient, calm man with a lax outlook on the world by those who know him. He doesn't do anything to upset this impression either, mostly acting the part and keeping his cool about him. In addition, he is rather contemplative at times, often having a somewhat distant but gentle expression plastered on his face. He is naturally insightful, taking note of the nature of things and inquisitively wishing to discover a meaning behind them. In fact, his ideal profession would be that of a philosopher. He seems to be completely unaffected by insults and offensive remarks, often scoffing them away and not bothering to make any kind of comeback. If asked why, he would simply state that 'words are meaningless unless you give them meaning, so do yourself a favor and leave them meaningless.' This rather cold outlook on communication is the first sign one might see of the other side to Lea.

Deep down, he is cold, calculated, and orderly, making sure to mentally prioritize everything in his life. Kade is always the top priority. Once he prioritizes everything and everyone, he never betrays his own judgement, unless his brother makes him. Everyone has a certain level of importance in his mind, and he will act and react towards different people and situations based on those levels of importance. He is so cold that if he was, for example, given the choice between two lives of equal value, he would choose the one ranking higher on his priority list without hesitation. Nothing is of equal value on the priority list either, because Lea makes a point to be absolute in his decisions no matter what.

Despite this borderline cruel way of mental organization, Lea really does care for people. Generally, human beings and Pokemon have a much higher priority rating by default, even the most lowly ones. The only exception to that rule would be the Rockets, whom he hates with a burning passion. However, throughout his entire life Lea has always held one human/Pokemon in the number one slot, and that is Kade. His brother holds the most special place in his heart, and has an even higher priority rating than Lea himself. In fact, Lea's own life is outmatched on the list by many people besides Kade, showing a certain degree of selflessness hidden behind the cold, calm exterior.

Lea finds it extremely important to plan ahead. Making plans for the future is of utmost priority to him since he despises uncertainty. He can easily find himself feeling insecure and unsafe, even afraid, when faced with unpredictability. When he does not know how to deal with a given situation, he will usually retreat and learn more about it, planning ahead in the process, rather than face it before having some degree of certainty on the matter. Of course, he does his best never to get into entirely unpredictable situations, taking the time to prepare himself mentally and even physically if need be. He will take every precaution he can rather than rushing straight into something. Planning is key with the younger Traham brother.

History:
Living in a somewhat secluded house at the end of Rawst Street in the suburbs of Fuchsia, there were two brothers. The brothers Traham, they were called; and they consisted of the eldest brother Kade and his younger sibling Lea. The two never knew their father, who left while Lea was still in the womb, never even staying behind to witness the birth of his second son. Kade, who was three at that time, remembered his father vaguely as a despicable man who took out whatever rage he got from work on his wife and child. No, he did not physically harm them, but instead employed the use of verbal abuse to demean the two. Upon Lea's birth, things had settled down considerably, though their mother was not so different from their father after all. Perhaps it was some sort of effect from the constant mental abuse she'd sustained, but she ended up being as cruel to her two sons as her ex-husband was to her.

Despite his relaxed and reserved nature, Kade took the initiative and quickly grew very protective of his younger brother, growing a sense of responsibility surprisingly fast for a young child. Kade grew to despise his mother just as much as he had his father, leaving him with only his younger brother. Lea automatically saw his brother as a role model and his only friend, but despite this he had a different outlook on the situation. Even as a young child, he was quite insightful, and took note of the chaotic state in which their mother always seemed to be. She was disorganized, her moods always fluctuated, and she never really seemed to have any idea what to do outside of her job, which was why she vented this confused rage on her children. Deciding that he would do anything to avoid becoming such a chaotic monster, Lea informed Kade, and the two made a promise to always stay orderly and straightforward, so as to never lose their way as their mother had.

Kade and Lea went to a very small, very strict school on the outskirts of town, and had a somewhat difficult time making friends. This was mainly due to Kade's disruptive behavior, though they were able to socialize with other people enough to keep themselves satisfied. They never made close friends though, so they always resolved to stay close to one another as best friends and never betray one another's trust. This wasn't to say they never squabbled, as all siblings are likely to disagree once in a while, but no matter what happened they always made up fairly quickly, helping one another see what they had done wrong in the situation and moving on. They soon grew to accept their differences and even use those to their advantage. Needless to say, while they still outwardly acted like their age, they matured faster than most mentally.

Then came the fateful day of Lea's ninth birthday. Kade had been out alone, shopping in a nearby Pokemart when a strange man came in with a knife and threatened the clerk. It was your typical store robbery, but things went horribly wrong. Kade, acting on impulse as he always as he so often did, heroically rushed to apprehend the robber. According to the clerk's statement to the police after the incident, the robber became frightened and reflexively stabbed Kade right through the left eye, killing the poor boy almost instantly. Horrified at the act he had just committed, the robber fled without the money he had come for.

Needless to say, Lea was devastated. His brother had been all he had; the top of the priority list, his best friend, his protector. For a long time, the nine year old boy was at a loss of what to do, so all he did was grieve at the loss of Kade. Meanwhile, his mother instead transformed what should have been sadness into anger, which she directed at her remaining son. Lea's treatment grew worse and worse, and with no big brother to defend him he quickly fell into depression and became a recluse of sorts. He stopped going to school and would spend hours in his room crying or staring at a wall blankly.

But everything changed when he met the Pokemon bearing Kade's face.

He wasn't entirely sure why he did it, but on his tenth birthday Lea threw aside all reason that he usually held so dear, and entered the Forest of Spirits to try and find a Soulbond partner. Later, Lea would come to realize that his loneliness and grief had compelled him to try and find some sort of replacement for Kade. However, what he ended up finding was the very last thing he expected.

After wandering about terrified for what seemed like hours, Lea stumbled across a lone Yamask standing by an old oak tree, staring at his mask. He froze, however, as he realized that the mask's markings were engraved to look exactly like Kade's facial features. And that's when he heard the voice in his mind; a voice he knew all too well.

The Yamask was indeed Kade, there was no doubt about it. Kade remembered all of his human life leading up to his death, though he was entirely unaware that a year had passed by since it. Lea had been unable to accept it at first, but after some research he discovered that Yamask were said to be created from the souls of dead humans, and so everything made sense. Furthermore, it was already quite apparent that they were Soulbonded, a fact which they were grateful for since they could once again speak to each other.

It took Kade the better part of a year to get used to his new Yamask body, though he grew unnerved of seeing his own human face plated in gold, and asked Lea to hold onto the mask instead. Kade began to discover the new powers he had as a Ghost Pokemon, but also the limitations and the fact that only his brother could hear him speak now. The fact was tough to come to terms with, but all throughout the transition in lifestyle, Kade remained thankful that he still had his brother to protect, and vice versa for Lea.

It only took the bizarre revelation of Kade's transformation into a Pokemon that caused their mother to snap. Having been on the verge of insanity for quite a while, their mother was soon declared mentally unfit to live in society and brought to a mental hospital for psychiatric treatment. Meanwhile, Lea and his Soulbonded brother were thrown into an orphanage, in which they spent the remainder of their childhood and teenage years. While the lifestyle they lived there could hardly be considered comfortable, it was an appreciated change from living under the chaotic rule of their mother.

At the age of eighteen, Lea picked up a newspaper. What he saw in it was most disturbing: a face he recognized all too well from the mugshots of the man who had killed Kade. Apparently, this man was named Hugh Jackson, and had joined a mysterious organization of criminals known as Team Rocket now. He had been spotted stealing another person's Soulbond the other day, and a notice had been put out. Lea and Kade remembered the hate they felt for Jackson, and after giving it some thought, decided it was finally time for some long-awaited retribution. They would not just target Jackson, but all of Team Rocket, for the atrocities they'd both committed. Filled with a strange new determination that neither were really used to, it didn't take them long to notice the flyer and seize the opportunity at some good old fashioned revenge.

Pokémon: Yamask
Name: Kade
Sex: Male

Appearance:
Though it is difficult to tell considering the mask is made of a gold-like metal, and that its features are rather roughly defined, one will find that the mask bears an uncanny resemblance to the original Kade's face and, as such, Lea's. The mask bears the same sharp, pointy facial features that Lea has, although what might be interpreted as a jawline will appear more rugged, and the nose somewhat larger. The eyes, although now colorless in the monotony of the gold color, have the same shape, and the stoic, somewhat malicious expression locked on the mask makes it intimidating to look at.

Kane the Yamask has one noticeable similarity to his original self: as if to remind him of how he died, his left eye is blind and shines grey instead of red. Other than that, there is nothing truly definable about him.

Personality:
As a human and even as a Yamask, Kade is a rather relaxed, reserved individual who cares little for the way the world works and would rather focus on personal and inter-personal matters. He doesn't care at all for rules and regulations set out by others that he did not agree to, instead opting for a more honorable approach by always keeping his word no matter what, as long as he agreed to that promise. He remembers the promise he made to Lea when they were children, always doing his best to stay orderly and put his brother above all else. However, although he does have a priority list of his own to follow, he rarely does. When he does act, he does so impulsively and based on what he feels is right, much to Lea's annoyance.

Kade's protectiveness of his brother has not gone away, not one bit. Unlike Lea, he is not impervious to insults and will often retaliate with force if those words cut too deep or are too personal. Being the older brother, he remembers much more clearly the words his parents once used to scathe him, and will not stand for it again, least of all when it's directed towards his brother. Naturally Kade is willing to put himself in harm's way for his brother, as Lea is willing to do for him, and the most common argument the two tend to get into is over who would protect who in a hypothetical dangerous scenario.

Although he is now a Pokemon, Kade is and always was quite sociable. With his relaxed nature he doesn't tend to judge people harshly and can easily make friends with most people when he isn't being inconsiderate or breaking their personal boundaries, which he tends to do often. As a Ghost, this is only made worse as he will often scare people he is trying to befriend. In addition, he doesn't seem to have completely come to terms with the fact that he is now a Pokemon, and no longer able to talk to anyone but his brother. He still attempts to make verbal contact with others to no avail, subsequently opting to ask his brother to translate his mental speech for him, making for a rather strange and awkward situation.

Kade's relationship with his brother has changed little from when they were both human. While they have a different way of communicating and working together now, the Traham brothers still operate in much the same way, which is naturally to stick close to one another and rely on one another. Over the course of their childhood, through their immense respect for one another, they have learned to use their differences to their advantage. Kade's sense of right can steer Lea in a better direction than his coldhearted calculations might be taking him, while Lea's attitude brings order and meaning to the impulsive and sometimes rash decisions of Kade. Though they tend to disagree with each others' actions often, their respect and love helps them to see when they are wrong and should listen to the other's advice.

Opening Post:
(Will be done soon)

Password: Soulsilver

Last edited by Xilfer; February 4th, 2014 at 12:55 PM.
Old February 4th, 2014, 09:07 AM
銀ヤミ

Phenomenal idea, though a few things need to be changed; hopefully they won't wrench your plans too much.

Firstly, Soulbonds are only gained when the Human is age five through ten. Any earlier is too young, and any later too old.

Second, "Wild Pokemon" don't exist in this world. No one has seen a Pokemon on its own unless it happened to be the Pokemon they bonded with, or it was separated from its Human bond, in which case, it would be dying. This pretty much just means that they couldn't really be Pokemon Watching.

Lastly, Unless entering the forest for a bond, the Forest of Spirits is off-limits. It's sort of an unspoken rule in society, like treading on sacred ground. This being because the act of Bonding is extremely ritualistic and considered a gift from the Gods. That said, the people who do this anyway are often lost to the forest, as not one person who entered the forest without the intent of bonding has come back out.

It's not much to change, I just hope that these changes don't ruin your history or require you to change your character, because I did thoroughly enjoy the idea.

Old February 4th, 2014, 10:55 AM
Xilfer
Control.
Community Supporter

All righty. No worries, I can rework it fairly easily.

Edit: Okay, the history's been edited. I'm not entirely sure if the orphanage would have allowed Lea to keep Kade, though I'm guessing so since keeping the two apart would have some serious repercussions, right?

Also, I've come down with a rather nasty cold, so I'm afraid the opening post will have to be put on hold until later again. I will finish it later today or tomorrow probably.

Last edited by Xilfer; February 4th, 2014 at 12:57 PM.
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links