The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Advance Generation

Notices

Advance Generation The hallmark of sprite-based Pokémon gaming, Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald set you off on an adventure in the watery Hoenn region with tons of diverse Pokémon to discover. Fans of Kanto can reexplore their favorite region in FireRed and LeafGreen. Here you'll find other fans who enjoy talking about the Pokémon, strategy, and techniques to master this generation.

Advertise here

View Poll Results: Which starter in Pokemon F\L
Bulbasaur 27 26.21%
Charmander 51 49.51%
Squirtle 25 24.27%
Voters: 103. You may not vote on this poll

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old December 18th, 2013, 08:00 PM
General Bravo
Imperial Commander

Nature: Adamant

Advertise here
I've always been a Charmander fan. Don't get me wrong, given the change, I get all 3 Kanto starters. But at the beginning of my first file, I got Charmander. This same Charmander has since become a Charizard, and has been used in breeding little Charmanders that have since been sent into Generation IV, V, and soon VI.

Old December 21st, 2013, 07:35 AM
CrimsonFlames
Bye-Beeeeeee!

Nature: Quirky
Squirtle, because it's cute as hell and you're gonna die as it becomes to it's last evolution and mega evolves. O_O
Old December 22nd, 2013, 04:22 PM
withuse
withuse

bulbasaur
Old December 28th, 2013, 08:06 AM
Nordk
Chief Harpoonist

Nature: Calm
I've always liked Bulbasaur, can't really say why though. I do feel sad for the Squirtle that just sits there for the rest of the game, though.

This are serious forum.
Always be serious.
Old December 28th, 2013, 10:02 AM
joeb3

It depends on what team you plan on using.
Of the 3, Charmander is the best because its final form of Charizard is an absolute beast.
However, I typically choose Bulbasaur because I use Arcanine as my fire type and Lapras as my water type.
Old December 28th, 2013, 12:59 PM
SadfaceSquirtle

I actually put the starter in the box and keep it there at first best opportunity. I'm boring that way. :p

I guess I'm a little biased, but from a mechanics perspective, Squirtle is probably best. Not only is Water fairly overpowered, aside from Magikarp/Gyarados it actually takes a while to find a Water-type, both after Grass and Fire-types have been found.
Old January 7th, 2014, 01:19 PM
RookieComedian

Statwise:
1-Blastoise
2-Charizard
3-Venusaur

Difficulty:
1-Charizard
2-Squirtle
3-Bulbasaur
Old January 7th, 2014, 07:25 PM
Alloute
Cat Burglar

Nature: Relaxed
I like Charmander best because it evolves into Charizard. I always liked Charizard's design more than any other Kanto starter Pokemon.
Old January 7th, 2014, 08:49 PM
ObnoxiousOboe
The Musical Psychic

Nature: Gentle
Send a message via Skype™ to ObnoxiousOboe
Must go with Charmander, even though all three have their qualities.

Everyone has their right to be the very best. I hope everyone accomplishes that dream.
Old January 8th, 2014, 03:39 AM
Retribution
Community Supporter

Nature: Serious
In my opinion, there is no best starter.
It really depends on one's self, but I personally like Charmander the best.

That's only because it's the very first starter I picked in my history with Pokemon.
I like its appearance when it evolves into Charizard, it looks very cool and it even has a good Sp. Atk.
Old January 8th, 2014, 05:56 AM
Fernbutter
Murder is the way.

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Skype™ to Fernbutter
Based on just the game, I would definitely go with Charmander.

But if it had to be based on the one I like most, it would be Bulbasaur.
Squirtle's cool I guess.

There should be a signature here somewhere.
I wonder where it's gone.
Old January 11th, 2014, 09:11 PM
TheAmazingSpiderMan
Aka Ansirent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unidentified View Post
In my opinion, there is no best starter.
It really depends on one's self, but I personally like Charmander the best.

That's only because it's the very first starter I picked in my history with Pokemon.
I like its appearance when it evolves into Charizard, it looks very cool and it even has a good Sp. Atk.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fernbutter View Post
Based on just the game, I would definitely go with Charmander.

But if it had to be based on the one I like most, it would be Bulbasaur.
Squirtle's cool I guess.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ObnoxiousOboe View Post
Must go with Charmander, even though all three have their qualities.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alloute View Post
I like Charmander best because it evolves into Charizard. I always liked Charizard's design more than any other Kanto starter Pokemon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RookieComedian View Post
Statwise:
1-Blastoise
2-Charizard
3-Venusaur

Difficulty:
1-Charizard
2-Squirtle
3-Bulbasaur
Quote:
Originally Posted by SadfaceSquirtle View Post
I actually put the starter in the box and keep it there at first best opportunity. I'm boring that way. :p

I guess I'm a little biased, but from a mechanics perspective, Squirtle is probably best. Not only is Water fairly overpowered, aside from Magikarp/Gyarados it actually takes a while to find a Water-type, both after Grass and Fire-types have been found.
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb3 View Post
It depends on what team you plan on using.
Of the 3, Charmander is the best because its final form of Charizard is an absolute beast.
However, I typically choose Bulbasaur because I use Arcanine as my fire type and Lapras as my water type.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordk View Post
I've always liked Bulbasaur, can't really say why though. I do feel sad for the Squirtle that just sits there for the rest of the game, though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by withuse View Post
bulbasaur
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kensuke View Post
Squirtle, because it's cute as hell and you're gonna die as it becomes to it's last evolution and mega evolves. O_O
Quote:
Originally Posted by pokemonleaguechamp View Post
I've always been a Charmander fan. Don't get me wrong, given the change, I get all 3 Kanto starters. But at the beginning of my first file, I got Charmander. This same Charmander has since become a Charizard, and has been used in breeding little Charmanders that have since been sent into Generation IV, V, and soon VI.
YEAH guys your all are right. Pokemonleaguechamp I am also a Charmander fan. Really you got 3 starter in one game ? and great to here about your trend to gen IV,V,VI

joeb3 yeah charizard, charmander all are great evolved forms. And all starter are great.
Old January 12th, 2014, 03:44 AM
theonirvana

Charmander because Charizard is one of my favourite pokemon ever
Old January 12th, 2014, 05:31 AM
TheAmazingSpiderMan
Aka Ansirent

Quote:
Originally Posted by theonirvana View Post
Charmander because Charizard is one of my favourite pokemon ever
me too. As of now there are too many votes from Charmander.
Old January 12th, 2014, 03:06 PM
Kyoko1
Banned

Send a message via Skype™ to Kyoko1
When I was young, I always took Squirtle as I found it sweet.
Until today, it's still my favourite starter in FRLG!
Old January 13th, 2014, 07:03 AM
TheAmazingSpiderMan
Aka Ansirent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyoko1 View Post
When I was young, I always took Squirtle as I found it sweet.
Until today, it's still my favourite starter in FRLG!
great. Suqirtle little tiny miny with big brain and with a cute design.
Old January 15th, 2014, 02:16 PM
Palmer-Granate

Nature: Relaxed
That is not an incorrect question to introduce in a thread, but my answer is vague, yet solid. I firmly believe that there is no 'best', so much as there are three really strong fighters who have their own unique series of skillsets. Bulbasaur appears first on the pokedex, Charmander appears fourth and Squirtle appears seventh, so that's the order of which I will explain.

Bulbasaur is strong in any capacity, containing high physical power, for Tackle and Strength, and magical attack, like Razor Leaf and Solarbeam. Along with those offensively intimidating abilities, the Bulbasaur line is the proud owner of Sleep Powder and Leech Seed. (Leech Seed, back in the day, was an obscure skill, not unlike how Leaf Blade was rare in Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald.)

Charmander is respectfully tough to level, equally tough to hate as well. Despite being a Fire/Flying type, Charizard has quite an assortment of non-Fire/Flying moves, such as Metal Claw, Slash and Dragon Rage. FR/LF have an advantage over its retro counterparts in the manner that Charizard can now learn and use Fly! (Thanks for noticing, GameFreak.) Even w/out Fly, the Charmander line learns Flamethrower and Wing Attack, suitable for the final form.

Squirtle is not weak in any circumstances, despite being the only singular-typed starter throughout the entire line. Just like how Charizard can learn Fly, the Blastoise line, even Squirtle itself can learn Surf. (Yaay!!) Skull Bash doesn't suck, provided you don't mind the 'wasted' turn. (I hate Skull Bash with a passion, but even I will use it, given the proper opportunity.) Bite is an awesome Dark move. (Again, thanks, GameFreak for converting Bite's move-type.) And bless 'em for giving the Squirtle line access to Rain Dance.

All of the above pokemon are compelling and are recommended for use by me, your friendly neighbourhood Pokemon enthusiast.
Old January 15th, 2014, 03:15 PM
Menay Time

That's funny i've a picture that show that squirtle is the best but i can't show it until i've 15 post xD
Old January 15th, 2014, 09:36 PM
IndianCharizard#
aka Brendon McCullum

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Skype™ to IndianCharizard#
My favorite is charmander because it comes handy after ist two gyms and very useful against elite 4. And it evolves into my favorite pkmn Charizard.
Old January 16th, 2014, 02:44 AM
TheAmazingSpiderMan
Aka Ansirent

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndianCharizard# View Post
My favorite is charmander because it comes handy after ist two gyms and very useful against elite 4. And it evolves into my favorite pkmn Charizard.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Palmer-Granate View Post
That is not an incorrect question to introduce in a thread, but my answer is vague, yet solid. I firmly believe that there is no 'best', so much as there are three really strong fighters who have their own unique series of skillsets. Bulbasaur appears first on the pokedex, Charmander appears fourth and Squirtle appears seventh, so that's the order of which I will explain.

Bulbasaur is strong in any capacity, containing high physical power, for Tackle and Strength, and magical attack, like Razor Leaf and Solarbeam. Along with those offensively intimidating abilities, the Bulbasaur line is the proud owner of Sleep Powder and Leech Seed. (Leech Seed, back in the day, was an obscure skill, not unlike how Leaf Blade was rare in Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald.)

Charmander is respectfully tough to level, equally tough to hate as well. Despite being a Fire/Flying type, Charizard has quite an assortment of non-Fire/Flying moves, such as Metal Claw, Slash and Dragon Rage. FR/LF have an advantage over its retro counterparts in the manner that Charizard can now learn and use Fly! (Thanks for noticing, GameFreak.) Even w/out Fly, the Charmander line learns Flamethrower and Wing Attack, suitable for the final form.

Squirtle is not weak in any circumstances, despite being the only singular-typed starter throughout the entire line. Just like how Charizard can learn Fly, the Blastoise line, even Squirtle itself can learn Surf. (Yaay!!) Skull Bash doesn't suck, provided you don't mind the 'wasted' turn. (I hate Skull Bash with a passion, but even I will use it, given the proper opportunity.) Bite is an awesome Dark move. (Again, thanks, GameFreak for converting Bite's move-type.) And bless 'em for giving the Squirtle line access to Rain Dance.

All of the above pokemon are compelling and are recommended for use by me, your friendly neighbourhood Pokemon enthusiast.
Woow look like Charmader is too popular here.

Sponsored Links

Advertise here