< >
Hello, guest! Please log in or register.

The PokéCommunity

Go Back     The PokéCommunity Forums > Off-Topic Discussions > The Treehouse My favorite subject is obviously Maths.

The Treehouse For the everyday ramblings of the masses.

Reply Post Reply
Old January 14th, 2014 (1:01 PM).
Blade of Justice
Silver Tier
Nature: Timid
For those of you that are in high school, what are your favorite subjects? Those you like reading about? And what are the ones you hate with the blazing passion of a thousand suns?

Feel free to discuss about them here :D
|| ||
I am the white void, I am the cold steel, I am the just sword, with blade in hand shall I reap the sins of this world, and cleanse them in the fires of destruction! I am Hakumen! The end has come.
Old January 14th, 2014 (1:10 PM).
Nature: Serious
Title says it all.

Moderator can lock this topic now.
"Power through ambition." - Overlord Drakow
Forum Set // Pair
Old January 14th, 2014 (1:25 PM).
Silenced, but not forgotten
Super Moderator
Nature: Calm
Well, I'm in college now, but I can still comment on what my favorite subject was.

I loved band. Basically, it was the reason why I didn't drop out (besides parents). I was in jazz band, wind ensemble, marching band, and pep band. All the trips we took together and going to various competitions were the best things ever. I miss those days and trips, but at least I have the memories...
Click the eggs?
PairPC sister
Old January 14th, 2014 (1:49 PM).
Nature: Naughty
I just love discussing Maths, duh.
Old January 14th, 2014 (2:00 PM).
Crystal Tier
Nature: Brave
Does Lunch count as a school subject? :3

In all seriousness, I really loved science back in high school. I took both regular biology and AP biology, because I was widely fascinated by it. Math sucks for me. I can't stand it. I'm so glad I don't have to take any math classes in college anymore.
Old January 14th, 2014 (2:15 PM).
Platinum Tier
Computer Science. And yes, computer science is offered in my high school... at least when I was in high school.
FC: 1203-9327-2949
IGN: Serena (X), Landon (OR)
Old January 14th, 2014 (2:33 PM).
Gold Tier
Well I'm in sixth form right now, so I think that puts me in 11th grade at high school or something?

Anyway, my favourite subject is Graphic Design by far. I love messing around in Photoshop and Illustration and it's in fact encourage by my teachers. Besides that I actually do kinda like maths. I've always been kinda good at it, though I've recently started to suck sigh.
>> paired to gimmepie · last.fm · r.i.p atlantis · radio america ·
Old January 14th, 2014 (2:47 PM).
Super ModeratorCS
Nature: Quirky
Talking in the past tense, but my foreign language classes (french and latin for me) were my favorite courses in high school. Although, I also had a really awesome teacher for most of them, so perhaps that added to why I liked them. I dunno, I've always had a liking for being able to learn other languages, so I guess those classes really just clicked for me.

...The ones I hated actually were math classes. <_< Never has been my best subject, ever.
we're not lost
we're all just wanderers

my artz, yo
Old January 14th, 2014 (2:57 PM).
Nature: Quirky
I think my favorite subject in high school was Economics, which I only took for half a year during my senior year. It's pretty interesting when you approach it from a social science standpoint, since it's kind of stereotypically a business class.

It's really hard separating favorites from "good at's," you know? I think people expect that, if you're good at something, then you must enjoy it. I was always good at math, and while I enjoy the kind of work, it's not very interesting.

Friend Safari:

My Trade Shop: Amestris Trade Shop & Breeding Services
My Pokemon Tumblr: Lumiose Cafe
Old January 14th, 2014 (3:06 PM).
Nature: Jolly
I think I loved my science classes the most when I was in high school. The thing I had in common with all four years of being in a science class at my high school was that I developed a connection somewhat to all of my teachers. Even though I didn't do stellar in Biology and Chemistry (the latter because it was just very difficult), I still managed to enjoy the teachers. I did excel well in physics though, and Astronomy. All of my science classes were honors as well.

Also, I liked lunch class as well :)

Happy Holidays
Old January 14th, 2014 (4:42 PM).
Nature: Quiet
I liked math, foreign languages, and art. Music never appealed to me because of the rigid way it's taught; I quit band after 5th grade, although I was good at the saxophone. English and history seemed wishy-washy, boring, and arbitrary in their grading (especially the former), and while I like(d) reading about science, I hated the labs. Somehow I managed to get a 5 on the English Lit AP test; I'm so glad I don't have to take English in college.
"Spend a little time each day tricking out your obituary."
Old January 14th, 2014 (7:52 PM).
Molly, you are so pretty! ♥
When I was in high school, my favorite subject was social studies, particularly the areas of economics and government/civics. Ironic in a way, since it was my least favorite in elementary-math being my best subject at that time (that too reversed by high school.)
Old January 14th, 2014 (8:03 PM).
Science, Biology.
Ohh and maybe even History
Old January 14th, 2014 (8:46 PM).
Crystal Tier
Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Skype™ to Honest
Math, because it was straightforward as hell. History wasn't so bad either, if I had either a fun teacher, or at least a teacher who taught something. It was essentially memorization of trivial facts, which is pretty simple if you're actually given them.
Old January 14th, 2014 (9:09 PM).
Nature: Timid
I hate math, science started out fine but later became a pain, English is easy but I have to write essays, same goes for history. Not as big of a pain as my French courses, though; that was brutal. Ugh.. just dunno. I guess I'll say gym since exercising is fun and there isn't much to it other than moving around. I enjoyed it! -if that counts- xD;
Old January 14th, 2014 (9:13 PM).
flipping the coin of fate
I'd say Health and Human Development and Chemistry ware my favourite subjects. Primarily because they're directly related to the career I want to pursue in the future, that being a doctor.
Old January 14th, 2014 (10:33 PM).
Paper plane~
Nature: Careful
Send a message via Skype™ to Broken_Arrow
I liked languages classes..French and English..also Chemistry cuz I loved putting different materials to get some chemical reactions lol
A Caterpie may change into a Butterfree, but the heart that beats inside remains the same.
Brock – Pokemon

Old January 14th, 2014 (11:37 PM).
Emile Hersch turned 30 today. Who the hell is Emile Hersch?
Platinum Tier
Nature: Adamant
French and Maths were my favourite subjects in high school. I was great at everything I did (I was one of those kids) but those were the best to me. Maths just always made sense because numbers never lie, and I love learning other languages so i really enjoyed it.

"So this is why God bombed us."

Moderator of General Chat

Old January 15th, 2014 (12:37 AM).
Platinum Tier
Nature: Quiet
In 2013 I liked Biology because my teacher is a really nice lady and not much else... Whilst I did find a lot of subjects interesting and loved to learn assessment tasks and exams just drained any enjoyment out of school for me, I hate it all so much now, currently i'm really considering dropping out because that school almost kills me.
Want to lose brain cells? What do you do? Alcohol, heroin, repeatedly bashing your head against a brick wall? Try tumblr
Old January 15th, 2014 (7:03 AM).
Gold Tier
Nature: Calm
I guess that would be Health.

Pairs | Theme | MAL | The Underground

Old January 15th, 2014 (7:12 AM). Edited January 17th, 2014 by Cassino.
Press F to kick the Undead
Food tech. It was largely practical and didn't involve verbose writing about something I can't set my mind on.
Old January 15th, 2014 (7:26 AM).
Angeline plushxKikaito plush
Nature: Naughty
my favorite subject was woodwork
Old January 15th, 2014 (7:36 AM).
Nature: Sassy
Send a message via Skype™ to Plumpyfoof
English is the worst subject of anything ever. Everything is so arbitrary, I liked the logical order of math and science, but English made you think about things that weren't relevant to anything (or at least I was so bad at it I couldn't make the connection).

I think I dislike the teachers more than the subjects themselves. If I ever had a good English teacher like I did music and science I think it'd have gone differently.
Old January 16th, 2014 (7:32 AM).
. . .
Silver Tier
I'm in college, but in High School I remember enjoying history quite a lot. I don't really know why, I just found it interesting. I also liked my Science classes a lot. I hated Math with a passion, and still do.
Old January 18th, 2014 (1:19 AM).
My favorite subject material-wise would have to be math, but overall I absolutely love Junior ROTC. It's my life - it's what I breathe on a daily basis. The math department at my school is full of a bunch of middle-aged jerk-offs.
Reply Post Reply
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links