The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Culture & Media

Notices

Culture & Media This is where all of pop culture culminates and chats over a cup of joe. Here you can find discussions relating to the latest and greatest television shows, movies, music and literature, and much more!

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old December 31st, 2013, 01:47 PM
Aeroblast
Community Supporter

Nature: Serious
Bayern walking the Bundesliga as expected. Dortmund didn't help themselves by continually dropping points left and right, though.
Old January 5th, 2014, 01:05 PM
Nuke

Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
And with Lewa on the way to Bayern the period of actual competition in the Bundesliga is over for a while once again.

How many losses at OT will it take for Moyes to be sacked? It's becoming an embarrassment for United now.
Old January 5th, 2014, 01:10 PM
Weeaboo Name
Armed Bastard
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
I hope he gets sacked tomorrow and Norwich replace Hughton with him.

He'll still be in his job come the end of the season.
Old January 11th, 2014, 07:35 AM
Banz

Woohoo! Sunderland are leading... will finish on 19th today if they hold on to a win, and West Ham draw.
Old January 11th, 2014, 10:31 AM
Aeroblast
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuke View Post
And with Lewa on the way to Bayern the period of actual competition in the Bundesliga is over for a while once again.

How many losses at OT will it take for Moyes to be sacked? It's becoming an embarrassment for United now.
With the players they have, United should be playing better. Watching them playing recently makes me drowsy.

I'm liking the development of Ki sung yueng at Sunderland, though. He's coped well after some scandal with our former national team manager. Not sure why Swansea let him go on loan.

Edit: As I type this United scores 2 goals in second half so far after a very poor first half.

Last edited by Aeroblast; January 11th, 2014 at 10:51 AM.
Old January 12th, 2014, 07:32 AM
Banz

Well West Ham went on to win and get out of the relegation zone, but Crystal Palace lost and ended at the bottom. Sunderland will somehow survive I think...
Old January 12th, 2014, 10:47 AM
Magikarp From Hell

Massive Premier League fan. Following Liverpool for more then a decade, they're my passion. If anyone here is a LFC fan, feel free to pm or chat. We're coming back to the Champions League!

Teams I dislike: Chelsea, PSG and Monaco.
Teams I like/ have sympathy for: Real Madrid, Atletico Madrid, Celtic, Napoli, Dortmund, Arsenal, Newcastle, West Ham, Stoke City(after today).

Looking for: Non-Us Tentacool

Old January 13th, 2014, 07:20 AM
Weeaboo Name
Armed Bastard
Community Supporter

Looks like Norwich are about to sign Jonas Gutierrez.
Spoiler:
Old January 13th, 2014, 09:23 AM
Banz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magikarp From Hell View Post
Following Liverpool for more then a decade, they're my passion. If anyone here is a LFC fan, feel free to pm or chat. We're coming back to the Champions League!

I'm a Liverpool supporter as well.
Old January 13th, 2014, 09:32 AM
Aeroblast
Community Supporter

Every Liverpool fan I know seems to dislike Chelsea, not that I mind because I hate Chelsea.

Anyways can't wait until Bundesliga starts up next week. Monchengladbach will be a difficult away for Bayern.

As for United, who I watch from time to time, they had awful season especially at home so far but I still expect them to bounce back. If they don't they could be going down the route of AC Milan. I used to have sympathy for them but now I just watch them as a neutral after Park Ji Sung left.

Last edited by Aeroblast; January 13th, 2014 at 09:40 AM.
Old January 13th, 2014, 08:51 PM
TheAmazingSpiderMan
Aka Ansirent

My favorite team is Manchester united. And i don't watch football much.. But yeah i play some PC games of it. BUT I LIKE FIFA !!!
Old January 14th, 2014, 03:18 PM
Weeaboo Name
Armed Bastard
Community Supporter

Another crap performance against a poor Fulham side. Can't defend, can't score, can't do anything. Hughton will keep his job though because HE IS ONE OF THE NICEST GUYS IN FOOTBALL. Seriously, he could bend Delia over a table in front of MWJ and still be the manager of Norwich.
Old January 15th, 2014, 06:06 AM
Banz

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Lapras- View Post
Another crap performance against a poor Fulham side. Can't defend, can't score, can't do anything. Hughton will keep his job though because HE IS ONE OF THE NICEST GUYS IN FOOTBALL. Seriously, he could bend Delia over a table in front of MWJ and still be the manager of Norwich.
Well I felt sad when he was unfairly sacked at Newcastle. He hadn't done anything wrong then. I hope he keeps his job, he'll atleast make sure Norwich don't get relegated.
Old January 15th, 2014, 10:17 AM
Magikarp From Hell

Quote:
I feel kind of sorry. I though Cardiff was gonna be better /:

Looking for: Non-Us Tentacool

Last edited by Magikarp From Hell; January 16th, 2014 at 06:17 AM.
Old January 15th, 2014, 04:58 PM
Weeaboo Name
Armed Bastard
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banz View Post
he'll atleast make sure Norwich don't get relegated.
Not so sure about that mate.
Old January 16th, 2014, 09:03 AM
Banz

Quote:
Not so sure about that mate.
I think Cardiff, Crystal Palace and Fulham will be relegated. Sunderland will somehow survive.
Norwich are also in danger though and the upcoming fixtures don't look very promising. 3 points at Cardiff next month will prove to be very helpful.
Old January 16th, 2014, 09:02 PM
Weeaboo Name
Armed Bastard
Community Supporter

Basically Norwich have to get clear of the relegation zone before the last 4 games where they play Liverpool, Man Utd, Chelsea and Arsenal. This is one of the reasons Norwich fans are so worried about being just above the bottom 3, well that and a lot of awful performances.

Our CEO gave a radio interview the other day and reading between the lines it seems Hughton has been given a 2 game ultimatum. Lose against Hull and he'll go. Draw and he'll have to win against Newcastle I'd expect.
Old January 17th, 2014, 10:10 PM
Banz

Quote:
Basically Norwich have to get clear of the relegation zone before the last 4 games where they play Liverpool, Man Utd, Chelsea and Arsenal.
Whoa I didn't realise that. Getting any points off them might be difficult although you might get a lucky win at Old Trafford There's more important home games against Hull, Stoke, Sunderland, West Brom and away games to Cardiff, West Ham and Swansea. Norwich will have to win atleast 3 and draw the rest to be safe. They can't afford to give away 3 points to other relegation threatened sides.

What a great game!! Sunderland almost stole 3 points there. Definitely surviving.

Last edited by Banz; January 18th, 2014 at 07:03 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old January 19th, 2014, 07:38 AM
Weeaboo Name
Armed Bastard
Community Supporter

Yet again Hughton wins when he absolutely needs to. Hopefully that result can be the turning point in our season.

Also nice to see Pilks back from his injury. Him and Tettey coming back in certainly makes me more confident of survival.
Old January 19th, 2014, 02:41 PM
Went
-Omega-

Send a message via Skype™ to Went
We were 15 minutes away from breaking Barcelona's streak of 58 weeks at the top of La Liga but alas, we had to concede the first penalty since 2012 and stay level with them for the umpteenth week.

Worst news are that Madrid are now just 1 point behind us. I honestly hope we throw the Cup away because it's useless effort.

Magma Leader Maxie wants to battle!
Crobat (Lv. 37) - Inner Focus - (Wing Attack, Bite)
Camerupt (Lv. 39) - Sheer Force - (Earthquake, Rock Slide)
November 28th / Staff Collab 2014
Old January 19th, 2014, 03:28 PM
Weeaboo Name
Armed Bastard
Community Supporter

It was a stupid pen to concede as well.

Pretty fun match though. Diego Costa's getting punched was pretty satisfying.
Old January 21st, 2014, 01:16 PM
Weeaboo Name
Armed Bastard
Community Supporter

Norwich City FC ‏@NorwichCityFC 20m

City confirm transfer request from Irish international midfielder Wes Hoolahan has been rejected, statement here: http://po.st/HoolahanStatement

So he'll be gone before the window closes then. Clueless Chris continues to suck the identity out of the club BUT AT LEAST WE HAVE DEFENSIVE WINGERS.
Old January 22nd, 2014, 05:35 AM
Nuke

Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
I'm glad to see Real back in the title hunt after being however many points they were behind. I mean I know you hate them Went, but if Atlético weren't to win I'd want Real to because I simply can't stand Barcelona. Either way, a three horse race for once can only be good for Spanish football. Plus Ronaldo has been my favourite player since I was 7/8 so you know it's nice to see his team to do well.

Things are still rolling along nicely on the Karanka train, Jose's student has got us all the way up to ninth with a great run of form. Hopefully the gifts Jose has granted us (Omeruo and Chalobah on loan) can take us even further.

I read an article about one of the players saying that 'Hughton out' signs spurred Norwich on to play better so maybe this will be the turnaround you're looking for -Lapras-.
Old January 22nd, 2014, 06:35 AM
Weeaboo Name
Armed Bastard
Community Supporter

From what I've heard and read Omeruo is set to have a big future, looks a good signing to me. Things are really on the up at Boro.

All I can do is hope for the best. Considering where we were 5 years ago it is amazing that it can still be doom and gloom whilst sitting 12th in the Premier League.

If Wes was to get sold I sure hope McNally and co have someone impressive lined up to replace him. Somebody like Hiroshi Kiyotake pls.
Old January 23rd, 2014, 07:14 AM
Banz

Sunderland are winning the League Cup.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links