The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Fan Clubs & Groups

Notices

Fan Clubs & Groups Fan Clubs & Groups are places to go to find like-minded members and talk about similar interests. Join or create a club here if it doesn't fit in any of the other sections.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old December 18th, 2013, 07:28 AM
Hypocrates
skanky and kind of gay
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to Hypocrates

Advertise here
Username: tipsyGnostalgic
Favorite Doctor: Eleven
Favorite Companion: Amy & Rory/Donna

I am so excited for the Christmas episode! I really don't want Matt to leave but at the same time I'm curious as to how Capaldi will take on the role and make it his own so it's not all bad.
Old December 18th, 2013, 07:52 AM
Christopher
Hear Me Roar
Community Supporter

Nature: Bold
I see, now if I could only resist opening said spoilers :D

Didn't know if it was a spoiler or not...
Spoiler:
I'm more dreading the Christmas episode, and seeing how I took the 10th Doctor's "I don't want to go" scene I'll likely need some tissues....
Old December 18th, 2013, 10:30 AM
xVaporeon
"Okay?" "Okay."

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteKnightL View Post
As I mentioned, I read up on it and something came to mind.

Spoiler:
If all this time Gallifrey was just hidden and not Time Locked, does that mean that we can expect The Master to come back? And not just him but Rassilon too? Unless there is something I missed after Tenth's last episode, there's a good chance they could be thrown in to face The Doctor again if he ever finds Gallifrey again.....and I'm certain he will.
Please let this happen.

Spoiler:
I HOPE SO! Gah I want The Master to come back. Loved him and his storyline.. although, I hope they could work him into the story well. He was brilliant.
Harold Saxon for Prime Minister.

userbar shop
credit

friend code: 1907-9622-5659
Old December 25th, 2013, 04:09 AM
Evil Stud Muffin
I like kitties
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
Merry Christmas everyone! Today's the day, eh? Last Matt episode, first Capaldi. Can't wait to see what's in store.
Old December 26th, 2013, 05:36 AM
Branellope
THIS. IS. SEMPITERNAL.

Nature: Sassy
Send a message via Skype™ to Branellope
Pretty pleased with that. Moffat can write one hell of a regeneration story.
The way Matt changed though, like BOOM. Just absolutely genius.
And the highlight of the night "Do you have any idea how to fly this thing?!"
Old December 26th, 2013, 06:02 AM
Evil Stud Muffin
I like kitties
Community Supporter

Haha, yeah I think I'm gonna love Capaldi as the doctor after that line. Anyway, the episode itself, was decent, nothing special, as expected from a Christmas special. The whole
Spoiler:
New regeneration set is bull though. They just gave him another 12 after he's been denying their escape for centuries upon centuries? And does the Name of the Doctor even mean anything more thanks to the fields of Trenzalore no longer being a threat? Anyway, glad that everything about the silence and the cracks being handwaved and being closed up, Capaldi now has a clean slate to work with.
Old December 26th, 2013, 08:00 PM
The Mighty Kamina
Paragon of Masculinity

Nature: Impish
Send a message via Skype™ to The Mighty Kamina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elendil View Post
Haha, yeah I think I'm gonna love Capaldi as the doctor after that line. Anyway, the episode itself, was decent, nothing special, as expected from a Christmas special. The whole
Spoiler:
New regeneration set is bull though. They just gave him another 12 after he's been denying their escape for centuries upon centuries? And does the Name of the Doctor even mean anything more thanks to the fields of Trenzalore no longer being a threat? Anyway, glad that everything about the silence and the cracks being handwaved and being closed up, Capaldi now has a clean slate to work with.
I don't like when important episodes are Christmas specials. This special could have flowed just as nicely without the Christmas angle. As for your spoiler'd comment...
Spoiler:
I certainly can't defend this plothole. I can only guess that he never alerted the Gallifreyans on the other side that he was there, mostly because up until Day of the Doctor, he wasn't aware of Gallifrey's presence. The centuries he was aware though are perfectly justifiable for keeping them there: Bringing them back would have ignited the Time War all over again. I also guess he probably didn't have the means to pull an entire planet through cracks in the universe just sitting around in that 1800's-stasis small town. Just my own guess, though.
Old December 29th, 2013, 05:54 AM
King Tetiro

Sign me up right away to this thread! Since 2005, Doctor Who has been sealed on my heart. Loved by my dad and now loved by me. Though the Eleventh Doctor's story arc confused my dad lol
Old December 31st, 2013, 10:47 AM
Nordk
Chief Harpoonist

Nature: Calm
I'd like to join.
Username: Nordk
Favorite Doctor: Sylvester McCoy (7)
Favorite Companion: Either Ace or Sarah Jane Smith

This are serious forum.
Always be serious.
Old January 3rd, 2014, 10:23 AM
Christopher
Hear Me Roar
Community Supporter

Finally caught up on the Day and Time of the Doctor episodes.
Spoiler:
I found the whole 12 more regenerations a little flawed too, but how else were they going to keep the show going. I absolutely loved the background on the Silence, and that scene where the Doctor has his pimp cane with the silence walking behind him about to f*** some Daleks up is just epic. I loved everything about both episodes really...
I'm still not sure on Capaldi though...Smith set the bar pretty high IMO
Old January 3rd, 2014, 04:12 PM
Gleam Noiyam
Pop Goes the Gleamsel.
Community Supporter

Nature: Lonely
Send a message via AIM to Gleam Noiyam Send a message via Skype™ to Gleam Noiyam
Username Oxidation
Favorite Doctor Tenth Doctor
Favorite Companion Does Clara count? Then Clara.
Sheep and I fangirl about cute stuff too much. Current theme. Current obsessions.

Old January 3rd, 2014, 06:29 PM
Christopher
Hear Me Roar
Community Supporter

I wouldn't see why Clara wouldn't count, she a full fledged companion now. I'm curious to see what her a Capaldi's relationship is going to be like.

Also what are we going to call Capaldi? The 12th Doctor or like Doctor 1.2 as he's not actually the 12th?
Old January 4th, 2014, 07:14 AM
Evil Stud Muffin
I like kitties
Community Supporter

12th is still applicable as the show says. There's 13 of them, but only 12 have the title of Doctor. It was obvious in both specials that was the point of John Hurt being the warrior, an incarnation for war-time, not peace. Oh, and welcome to all new members!

Last edited by Evil Stud Muffin; January 4th, 2014 at 07:23 AM.
Old January 4th, 2014, 07:56 AM
The Mighty Kamina
Paragon of Masculinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christopher View Post
Finally caught up on the Day and Time of the Doctor episodes.
Spoiler:
I found the whole 12 more regenerations a little flawed too, but how else were they going to keep the show going. I absolutely loved the background on the Silence, and that scene where the Doctor has his pimp cane with the silence walking behind him about to f*** some Daleks up is just epic. I loved everything about both episodes really...
I'm still not sure on Capaldi though...Smith set the bar pretty high IMO
Spoiler:
I think Moffet/the writing staff realized since they added in the War Doctor, they were one step closer to the point of dealing with the "13 lives" rule. They would have either had to address it now or at the end of Capaldi's run. I think hey made the decision to finangle 10's aborted regeneration into a counted regeneration just to take care of it now just to get it out of the way.
Old January 4th, 2014, 08:00 AM
King Tetiro

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mighty Kamina View Post
Spoiler:
I think Moffet/the writing staff realized since they added in the War Doctor, they were one step closer to the point of dealing with the "13 lives" rule. They would have either had to address it now or at the end of Capaldi's run. I think hey made the decision to finangle 10's aborted regeneration into a counted regeneration just to take care of it now just to get it out of the way.
In a way, it's good that they addressed it now rather than later. When you think about it, it would have been a cop-out some other time. By having it being dealt with by the cracks story-arc, it wraps everything up for the new doctor. Otherwise it could have been like the 9th's regeneration where it was..quite corny.
Old January 4th, 2014, 12:17 PM
Gleam Noiyam
Pop Goes the Gleamsel.
Community Supporter

Nature: Lonely
Send a message via AIM to Gleam Noiyam Send a message via Skype™ to Gleam Noiyam
I'm curious of how Capaldi will be as the 12th Doctor. Also, I only watched a little of "Day of the Doctor" but I know of the War Doctor. I'm wondering how many adventures the 12 Doctor will go on compared to the 10th and the 11th. Iirc, the Sixth doctor only went on 2?
Sheep and I fangirl about cute stuff too much. Current theme. Current obsessions.

Old January 4th, 2014, 12:55 PM
Evil Stud Muffin
I like kitties
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxidation View Post
I'm curious of how Capaldi will be as the 12th Doctor. Also, I only watched a little of "Day of the Doctor" but I know of the War Doctor. I'm wondering how many adventures the 12 Doctor will go on compared to the 10th and the 11th. Iirc, the Sixth doctor only went on 2?
Are you talking bout seasons? Cause if you are, I can see him doing 2 max. I mean come on, the guy has an Oscar, and Doctor Who isn't exactly academy award winning material. He's gonna bring class to the show, no doubt, but that class is gonna be a short lived one.
Old January 4th, 2014, 05:11 PM
Nordk
Chief Harpoonist

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxidation View Post
Iirc, the Sixth doctor only went on 2?
If you're reffering to seasons then yes, 6 was on for 2. There was an 18 month gap between season 22 and 23, which is why Colin Baker was the Doctor for 3 years but only 2 seasons.

As for Capaldi, I'd like to see him on for a while, IMO the series needs an older Doctor to slow things down a bit.
BTW, now that we're on 12, it means that there's the possibility of a classic villain returning, which I'd really like to see.

This are serious forum.
Always be serious.
Old January 4th, 2014, 05:55 PM
Christopher
Hear Me Roar
Community Supporter

Quick question:
Spoiler:
Do you think the name of the doctor is irrelevant now, or has the prophecy been completed? Seeing how his name wasn't spoken, Silence fell, or that Clara told the time crack that his name was "the Doctor", I know that's not his real name but she was under the influence of the truth field and I'm not entirely sure how those work, whether it's perceived truth or absolute truth.
Old January 5th, 2014, 06:02 AM
Evil Stud Muffin
I like kitties
Community Supporter

Wait, wouldn't the Valeyard count as Tennant post season 4 of NuWho? I mean we're past the point of introducing him, and I honestly don't see how it can be done in Capaldi's run considering how he's technically the first Doctor of a new cycle. Which is amazingly mirrored by his Age(55, much like Hartnell) and the fact that he can't fly the Tardis. I really can't wait to see other Parallels between Hartnell and Capaldi.
Old January 6th, 2014, 04:35 PM
The Mighty Kamina
Paragon of Masculinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Stud Muffin View Post
Which is amazingly mirrored by his Age(55, much like Hartnell) and the fact that he can't fly the Tardis. I really can't wait to see other Parallels between Hartnell and Capaldi.
In regards to his seeming inability to fly the TARDIS...
Spoiler:
I think that was just post-regeneration amnesia, like what the Eighth Doctor experienced. That was my guess, at least. My prediction is that the first episode of season 8 will be about Twelve regaining his memories.
Old January 7th, 2014, 12:46 PM
Evil Stud Muffin
I like kitties
Community Supporter

I actually think its gonna work as an event horizon kinda thing for Clara. The way I see it is that she helps the Doctor get back to the being the Doctor, helping him remember everything slowly over a couple of episodes, which leads into the whole "she met every doctor in the future plot".
Old January 17th, 2014, 02:35 AM
DavidtheDeadPhilosopher

Nature: Modest
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Stud Muffin View Post
Wait, wouldn't the Valeyard count as Tennant post season 4 of NuWho? I mean we're past the point of introducing him, and I honestly don't see how it can be done in Capaldi's run considering how he's technically the first Doctor of a new cycle. Which is amazingly mirrored by his Age(55, much like Hartnell) and the fact that he can't fly the Tardis. I really can't wait to see other Parallels between Hartnell and Capaldi.
Clara is teaching at the same school that Hatnell's first companions Ian and Barbara taught at. It's also the school that his granddaughter Susan attended briefly.
Old February 6th, 2014, 05:15 AM
Evanlyn
Clarinet!!

Nature: Relaxed
Username Evanlyn
Favourite Doctor Difficult question, at the moment, its a toss-up between 9, 10, and 11.. I haven't seen the classic series yet, but probably Christopher Eccleston for my current favourite Doctor.
Favourite Companion Donna Noble, she was amazing!

Good day my fellow Whovians.
Old February 6th, 2014, 05:47 AM
Sopheria
Your Favorite Senpai
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evanlyn View Post
Username Evanlyn
Favourite Doctor Difficult question, at the moment, its a toss-up between 9, 10, and 11.. I haven't seen the classic series yet, but probably Christopher Eccleston for my current favourite Doctor.
Favourite Companion Donna Noble, she was amazing!

Good day my fellow Whovians.
Yay, another Donna fan! She's so underrated.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here