• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ever thought of suicide ?

Years
Yes, I have thought of killing myself - I fall into such low points quite often. The method I often consider using is running in front of a moving train; many tonnes of metal moving at high speed vs. a 60kg human probably yields the same winner quite often. I only quite recently got over a bout of suicidal thoughts, actually.
I work part-time on the railway and all I have to say about this is that there was a horrible incident involving the train that was directly in front of mine a few months ago where two teenagers jumped together, and one of them survived for several minutes on the tracks. The aftermath is always horrifying, and it has a huge psychological effect on the drivers. It's not a good way to die — not that there's a good way to die.

I have often been suicidal, and when I was a few years younger I had a lot of elaborate plans for my own death. Some of them were more dramatic than others. But the one thing I remember most about that period of my life was how frightened I was — frightened of dying. I thought that it was inevitable that I was going to kill myself, and I was terrified by the prospect. That's why when I see someone talking about suicide, and especially if they've seriously thought about methodology, it worries me. I'm not going to say that my life is easy now, or that I don't still suffer from depression periodically, but it is possible to get out of that pit of overwhelming pain and despair. It does happen. So please try to find help, or someone you can talk to, if you're in that place. It's dangerous, and it's desperate, and it's dark, and nobody should have to go through it alone.

Years
It's only crossed my mind out of curiosity, not consideration. No matter how bad things get for me - and I've gone through some pretty tough times - suicide isn't something I could consider. Despite everything that happens I still have plenty more time ahead of me to seize opportunities and enjoy life.

Years
And well, you're not dead so clearly you weren't too lazy to think harder (not that the statement was meant towards you :P)
If you're seriously suggesting that people who commit suicide are "too lazy" to think of anything else then you're a ****ing idiot who needs to try some of this logical thinking that he's attempting to preach about.

Sheep said:
It's only crossed my mind out of curiosity, not consideration. No matter how bad things get for me - and I've gone through some pretty tough times - suicide isn't something I could consider. Despite everything that happens I still have plenty more time ahead of me to seize opportunities and enjoy life.
It's weird because this is pretty much how I feel but I couldn't put it into words. There have been low points where I've thought about suicide but never... seriously. Like, it's crossed my mind but almost in a "I wonder what would happen" sort of sense rather than something I was actually considering, if you get what I'm saying.

Geras

Roleplayer
Years
Ah, to be or not to be, a question I encourage people to reflect on. Of course, I do think suicide is a pointless thing with absolutely nothing in the way of positive consequences, but I urge everyone to think about it and come upon their own conclusions.

Back in middle school I contemplated suicide. Everything changed for me completely after 5th grade for me and I found myself sinking lower through the entirety of 6th grade. Many things helped prevent me from actually doing anything including my friends, my family, and my therapist (So many bad experiences with therapists here! I'm glad I didn't have any) but I didn't actually escape that state of mind until my brother was sent to the hospital for issues I won't disclose that I realized that my entire family was helping me even though all of them were suffering through their own problems that were way worse than my own. And I was too absorbed in my own petty issues that I didn't even notice. It was sort of a wake up call. It instilled a sense of duty in me to repay them and I haven't seriously thought about committing suicide since. I also feel I have a duty to the future, that killing myself would rob the chances of all my descendants who should all deserve a chance at life in the first place, and I also think about the people whose lives I might influence down the line. Of course, I do think of death fleetingly out of curiosity when I'm by the side of a busy street or train tracks and things like that, but it's not exactly thoughts of suicide as opposed to a reiteration of the question "What's it like on the other side?" and I'm scared of death now anyhow so there's no way that'll go anywhere anyway.

LoudSilence

more like uncommon sense
Years
  • Age 35
  • US
  • Seen Aug 7, 2016
If you're seriously suggesting that people who commit suicide are "too lazy" to think of anything else then you're a ****ing idiot who needs to try some of this logical thinking that he's attempting to preach about.

You should try not reading selectively. Also no need to be so abrasive.

It's funny how hostile this seems to make some of you; all I'm saying is that rationally decided upon suicide is stupid, why is that so offensive? There is no logic behind it, so everyone who has attempted it either has a mental illness or, if they do not, are too lazy to think outside the box. I'm not going to retract that wording.

Don't hivemind answer, I'd like a serious response.

Years
When I was 12, I used to go to sleep every night thinking about suicide and death and all sorts of things a 12 year old ought to never have to think about. What a disgusting time in life that was, never underestimate what some kids are going through, mine was living torture.

In fact looking back it was something I couldn't stop thinking about no matter how hard I tried. It was an obsession and I'm almost certain it derived from a self-diagnosed depression I fell into. Suicidal ideation

Last edited:
Years
Actually, when I was younger and went to that ONE school where everyone was an asshat and made eachother feel bad to try and keep up the 'coolness' level (you all probably know what kind of school I'm talking about), I never contemplated suicide.
I did however contemplating killing the people I disliked, and fantasized about it a lot. I didn't feel like they were worth anything for their sole existence being to make other peoples lives worse. And now I realize I sound a lot like Lysandre. Das cool, or something.

I would never have actually gone through with it though, instead I just keep telling myself that those people will probably die from getting into some kind of shady heroin business later in life either way, so it'll be all good.~

Puddle

Mission Complete✔
Years
I actually have.

There was a time in my life where I felt as if nothing was getting better. Everything I did was making everything worse. My parents were always yelling at me as well as my girlfriend at the time and everything was slowly going more and more downhill. I actually attempted it once and ended up surviving and really now that I look back at it, it's really stupid that I had those thoughts. I was in 10th grade which is way too young to even start thinking about taking my own life.

Everyone remember suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem.

Trev

[span="font-size: 8px; color: white;"][font="Monts
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 15, 2023
really hope no one from my school finds out I'm posting this

I've contemplated suicide so many times, but I could honestly never do it. I have a fear of death and it literally brings me to tears when I think about all the people I could end up hurting. I'm an only child, and if I did kill myself, my mom would literally have no one to live for, and I could never do that to her. I also have great friends that I know are so invested in me that I would destroy them if I killed myself. I haven't tried at all (I also having done anything like cutting or destructive behavior, because I hate getting hurt), but thinking about it seems to be the answer to most of my problems, especially since I'm not interested in seeing what life has in store for me since it's almost always bad. All in all, suicide is just too frightening for me, and I couldn't do it if I wanted to. I'd have to be in a dark, dark place to try it.

Blake Belladonna

*insert fancy usertitle here*
Years
I did consider suicidal thoughts during those moments when life just seemed to never let up and I would always be in some shadow... But I guess thinking about it and doing it is a totally different thing. Sometimes I snap and tilt over the edge, but when it comes to the moment of actually throwing my life away, I think how stupid I must be to actually consider suicide. People die every day but when we have the opportunity to live another day more, we instead treat it like paper to be crushed...

In reality, suicide is just a back door to emphasise the weakness(es) others placed on, and really, I'm glad I learned the truth of such an idiotic act.

Razgriz

Acetaminophen
Years
Suicide... huh, what a feeling. Of course I thought about doing it, I'm not scared of it but I can't give up on life like this, I want to become better. But I do get depressed and want to do it.

Suicide is a coward's way out of life, like it or not it's true. When life gets you down, you have to get up... I learnt that the hard way.

Demon Wolf

American Wolf
Years
Yes, and it's what got me banned from BMGF in the first place, and I've fully regret it. I easily get into a depressive state whenever someone scowls at me for spineless behavior, and I always thought suicide was the only answer, because I thought it would make them happy if I was gone for good, so I won't bother them again. If only people were able to tell between good opinions and bad opinions, I wouldn't think like this.

This entry is obsurd. people who,abuse others physically n mentally needs to go to jail because so many people kill themselves cause of em now someone like my friend here was probably bullied if so what happen if he killed himself if he did people who bully should get a taste of their own medicine

Altair1

Willpower
Years
I have thought about it, around 6 - 7 years ago... It was much more on the lines of 'I wish I was dead' rather than 'I want to commit suicide'. I look back and shake my head, how could I ever think like that?

I guess that's what happens when you face bullying every single school day... I'll never let myself return to that mindset, ever.

Years
Yeah I have had several thoughts of suicide, mainly because I'm so prone to bully attacks and also because of how much of a pest I know my brother is. Doesn't help that he's mean to women as well.

I once even tried to hurt myself badly I ended up pushing a hole into a wall. It got patched up afterwards but yeah it never looks the same as it used to be.

zakisrage

In the trunk on Highway 10
Years
I have, and it's not fun at all. I once wanted to kill myself by overdosing on Ambien. (It's one of my medications.) I thought otherwise when one of my friends lost her older brother to a drug overdose.

Toutebelle

Banned
Years
When I was sixteen, I planned to kill myself by tying a belt around my neck until I choked to death - this was because I got expelled from school. I talked about it with my parents and they got me the help that I needed.

ZetaZaku

AEUG Pilot
Years
My early high school years were kinda rough because I didn't socialize that much. Usually spent my days playing games and watching anime after school. I was kinda getting depressing as time went on, but luckily I decided to do something that would help me: make friends. Sure, none of those highschool friends stayed, haven't heard a word from them, but my third and fourth year (especially fourth) were awesome.

Might also have to do with the fact that I got a girlfriend around that point, so I wasn't alone.

But thinking about suicide? Nah. I'd never consider it. And I don't like suicides at all. I don't want to offend people so I'll end with this.

Nneuroxin

Shall Mote It Be!
Years
I used to think and attempt it constantly, but overtime I've grown stronger. I still think about it, that part of me hasn't died yet but I'm strong enough to fight the urge

Back