Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Challenges
Reload this Page The Ultimate Monotype Challenge

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Challenges Play your Pokemon games in fresh new ways! Anything from The Monotype Challenge, to the popular Nuzlocke, and even all kinds of themes based on your favorite franchises!
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread

Old January 13th, 2014 (05:55 PM).
I make Fakemon sprites.

Nature: Relaxed
Type: Ground
Game: LeafGreen
Badges: 6

Not much of an update here, as I'm sort of rushing through this challenge, but I did catch a Cubone and then spent way too much time (alright, "rushing" might be a stretch, but still) spamming Nidoqueen's Thief to get a Thick Club. Anyway, I just beat Koga, - because I completely forgot about him and went and beat Sabrina first - and here's my current team:

Spoiler:

Marowak, lv. 42 @ Thick Club
Female // Adamant // Rock Head
- Bonemerang
- Focus Energy
- Growl
- Headbutt

Nidoking, lv. 40
Male // Jolly // Poison Point
- Brick Break
- Thrash
- Focus Energy
- Peck

Golem, lv. 40
Male // Adamant // Sturdy
- Rock Slide
- Counter
- Magnitude
- Return

Nidoqueen, lv. 40
Female // Adamant // Poison Point
- Double Kick
- Thief
- Body Slam
- Poison Sting

Sandslash, lv. 40
Male // Impish // Sand Veil
- Slash
- Defense Curl
- Sand-Attack
- Poison Sting

Dugtrio, lv. 40
Male // Adamant // Sand Veil
- Dig
- Aerial Ace
- Slash
- Mud-Slap
Old January 13th, 2014 (07:46 PM).

1st Update for Crystal:
-chose Cyndaquil
-defeated rival in Cherrygrove City
-Cyndaquil evolved into Quilava
-defeated Falkner
-caught Growlithe
-defeated Bugsy
-defeated rival in Azalea Town
-hatched a Shiny Magby from the Odd Egg
-defeated Whitney

Team:
Spoiler:

Quilava
Lv. 20
HP: 58
Attack: 37
Defense: 36
Sp. Attack: 45
Sp. Defense: 39
Speed: 45
Moves: Tackle/Leer/Smokescreen/Ember

Growlithe
Lv. 20
HP: 60
Attack: 41
Defense: 28
Sp. Attack: 36
Sp. Defense: 28
Speed: 33
Moves: Bite/Roar/Ember/Leer

Magby
Lv. 18
HP: 45
Attack: 34
Defense: 23
Sp. Attack: 35
Sp. Defense: 30
Speed: 40
Moves: Ember/Dizzy Punch/Leer/Smog
Crystal(16/16) Emerald(8/8) Platinum(8/8) Black 2(8/8) X(8/8)
Gen V Champ, X(7/8)
Completed Challenges:
Ultimate Monotype
Old January 14th, 2014 (07:08 AM). Edited January 14th, 2014 by MachoPony.
Resident Brony

Nature: Calm
Black 2 Bugmono COMPLETE!
Spoiler:

Went through plasma frigate (yet again)
VS Colress
Magneton BARELY lived a close combat and hit me with thunder wave then i brought in crustle on the volt switch (fkin sturdy) then magnezone came in and i thought i could be cocky and live/outspeed with bulldoze but he was faster and flash cannon OHKOd (fkin lack of sturdy), heracross lived a discharge and brought it down to sturdy then took him back down as he healed up then died to discharge, accelgor finished it off with bug buzz. next he brought in metang which set up agility taking a bug buzz then died to a second one setting up another agility for some reason. klingklang was next and i set up swords dance with escavilier as he did shift gear finally he attacked with thunderbolt (all those ATK boosts, and he tbolts, ok) which i lived very easily and after a couple of them reversal finished him off, finally in came beeheeyem which sadly killed me at low health then lived a bug buzz from accelgor and killed it but then leavanny set up swords dances as he recovered twice to full health then i got cocky and went for a 3rd swords dance and he decided to use calm mind so +6 X Scissor Overkilled him majorly, magneton only had 1 HP left so x scissor finished it off.

got to main part of giant chasm
VS Black Kyurem
Heracross, Close combat, Good Game

VS Ghetsis
VS Ghetsis
oh boy this was a toughie cohagrigus lived a night slash or 2 from heracross (i led with him VS Kyurem for a clean 2HKO with close combat) then hit me with toxic and shadow ball getting the special defence drop before protecting to finish me off, leavanny managed to take it out with leaf blade eelektross was next and it outsped and OHKOd with acrobatics so i brought in escavilier which took a thunderbolt and hit x scissor to do a lot of damage before acrobatics finished it then accelgor took it down with bug buzz he brought in hydreigon and i revived escavilier before dieing then escavilier was able to take a hit and kill with x scissor, scolipede faced seismitoad and healed up escavilier before reviving leavanny and dieing, leavanny OHKOd seismitoad with leaf blade, drapion took an x scissor and finished with his own X scissor, he couldnt do anything to escavilier so i was able to set up a few swords dances then heal up and finish with iron head, escavilier took a brick break from toxicroak and finished off with iron head.

went on to victory road
VS Hugh
well i led with heracross, bad idea he has unfezant well i revived crustle who had died in the previous fight and then died to aerial ace, i got a shell smash up with crustle then killed with rock slide. simipour outsped crustle and finished with surf then hit leavanny with rock slide and got flinchhax so a second one killed it, he went for surf for some stupid reason thinking it would kill accelgor at half health but after healing from giga drain i was able to live the surf and finish with a second giga drain, i foddered most of my team doing damage to emboar then reviving heracross to finish it with close combat and finally a close combat finished bouffalant in one shot.

Elite 4

VS Shauntal
First came cohagrigus which i was afraid of so i switched hearacross for scolipede-right into a psychic but thankfully i lived and managed to screech it then die, in came heracross with a critical hit night slash to finish it off :3. next was chandelure and it just destroyed crustle (YUNO Sturdy gdi crustle) with one fire blast so i tried accelgor which ninjadodged a fire blast and hit 2 bug buzz for a bit of damage then died, i had a brainwave and foddered leavanny reviving scolipede which hit bulldoze using the sitrus berry and lowering its speed then heracross hit night slash and it BARELY lived but thankfully i dodged a fire blast and she healed night slash taking about half and another night slash finishing it off. escavilier took a hit from drifblim and got a Critical Hit iron head to OHKO it which was lucky, finally golurk came in and i revived accelgor and died to earthquake then brought in accelgor with giga drain to hit it once then live a shadow punch and hit it again before dieing and heracross
finished the job.

VS Grimsley
i couldve easily swept him with heracross but i wanted to save PP for close combat so escavilier took an aerial ace from liepard and finished with x scissor, next i hoped accelgor could OHKO krookodile but it lived a bug buzz with a tiny smidgeon of HP thankfully i lived a rock tomb and hit another bug buzz as he healed it up, then i died and brought in leavanny to take a crunch adn finish off with x scissor, bisharp was an easy OHKO for heracross and i decided to just stay in against scrafty and OHKO it with Close Combat too.

VS Caitlin
Crustle set up Shell Smash and got yawned then set up another one as she went for reflect then i full healed the sleep to avoid a dream eater and OHKO with x scissor, so after that reflect her reuinclus BARELY lived x scissor with like 2 HP and finished me with energy ball so i brought in accelgor to hit it with bug buzz as she healed and then finish with a second bug buzz. next came sigilyph which i tanked easily with escavilier 2HKOing with iron head, finally came gothitelle i hit X scissor as she Calm Minded then died to thunderbolt before bringing in scolipede to finish with one final X scissor

VS Marshal
dat Conkeldurr, well the throh was easy enough leavanny tanked a few hits and got some swords dances up then OHKOd with +4 Leaf Blade, next was meinshao i went out to escavilier knowing it would have acrobatics/bounce and i was right it had bounce i tanked a hi jump kick and hit iron head then healed leavanny as he went for bounce then healed escavilier took a bounce then died to hi jump kick brought in scolipede to finish with poison tail. Conkeldurr was a pain i was hoping leavanny could do something bug stone edge OHKOd then i sent in heracross went for strength and he bulked up so i immediately went out to scolipede he dodged screech adn killed me so i foddered accelgor reviving him then used screech again and ninjadodged stone edge then hit a second screech before dieing, -2 DEF meant Close Combat took him out from heracross, finally sawk got a flinch with rock slide so i had to revive scolipede and weaken it with poison tail (cuz it had sturdy) before finishing it with heracross

VS Champion Iris
easy enough, first was hydreigon accelgor hit bug buzz for massive damage then lived a flamethrower an finished with a second bug buzz, next came druddigon i hit it with a bug buzz then died, crustle took a rock slide and set up shell smash and finished it with rock slide, lapras was a clean OHKO with rock slide, archeops was still faster and killed me so i brought in escavilier dodged a hit set up swords dance took a second one and killed with iron head, aggron was next and i took a hit from it and got up another swords dance then healed up and took her to red with iron head then she healed and i took her back down then i healed again and finished it, i healed against haxorus just in case and it took under half with Earthquake then it used dragon dance and i decided to end it with a bang, GIGA IMPACT! and then bs focus sash so it killed me with earthquake. thankfully scolipede took an earthquake and finished the match with X scissor.

FINAL TEAM
Spoiler:

Mickey (Accelgor) LV 55 Bug
Bug Buzz
Recover
Venoshock
Giga Drain

Ivan (Heracross) LV 56 Bug/Fighting
Strength
Megahorn
Night Slash
Close Combat

Clubber (Escavilier) LV 57 Bug/Steel
Iron Head
X Scissor
Giga Impact
Swords Dance

Apollo (Leavanny) LV 54 Bug/Grass
X Scissor
Swords Dance
Slash
Leaf Blade

Rocky (Crustle) LV 54 Bug/Rock
Bulldoze
Shell Smash
Rock Slide
X Scissor

Paulie (Scolipede) Bug/Poison
LV 55
X Scissor
Poison Tail
Bulldoze
Screech

MVP: tough one Escavilier was fantastic against drayden and iris but Heracross swept up the E4 almost single handedly, i'll have to go with Heracross
LVP: again tough i'm going to go with crustle while he was useful enough against some fire types he never did much else other than occasionally kill 1-2 things with shell smash and he couldnt take a special hit to save his life. Accelgor was a close second though but it learned good moves later and once it did ti was a strong special hitter something i very much needed
Old January 14th, 2014 (10:12 AM).
Sage Ghetsis
ModeratorCS

Nature: Adamant
Ultimate Normal Monotype Challenge: White Version
3/8

So, I am now exactly where I was when I lost my Nuzlocke. I caught an Audino and got to work battling in Castelia city until I took on Burgh, who was really easy with my Tranquill. Moving forward.

Team:
Spoiler:

Skippy
Lvl 23, Lax
65/49/47/35/35/47
-Tackle
-Super Fang
-Crunch
-Confuse Ray

Fluffy
Lvl 24, Careful
70/46/43/25/40/40
-Take Down
-Crunch
-Work Up
-Bite

Arnold
Lvl 24, Naive
70/49/40/34/25/44
-Air Cutter
-Growl
-Roost
-Quick Attack

Joy
Lvl 24, Relaxed
84/36/55/35/52/28
-Secret Power
-Refresh
-DoubleSlap
-Attract

Staff Antagonist Collab 2015
Old January 14th, 2014 (08:51 PM). Edited January 17th, 2014 by thomas0comer.

Ultimate Water Challenge, Emerald part 2
Spoiler:
-Evolved Feebas into a fantastic gorgeous serpent with the highest special attack and special defense on my team at the time of evolution despite being almost ten levels behind. Named Doutzen at a friend's insistence.
-Wiped the floor with Rival (Lilycove)
-Took down the Aqua hideout
-Challenged Mossdeep Gym, had a surprisingly hard time against Tate and Liza. Ended the battle with only Doutzen left.
-Trounced Team Magma once more. Maxie and Tabitha didn't even get a single hit in as far as I remember
-Did all of the numerous things you can do with Dive...
-...Obtained Chinchou while diving, named Kyra...
-...found a blue shard, traded it for a water stone, and evolved Mariana at last...
-...went and wrecked Aqua's underwater cave thingy...
-...sat around like a nub while ANOTHER ancient monster of godly power awoke...
-...went and found Sky Pillar (it's really stupid that you can't just look up and see a massive tower looming over a flat sea but whatever)...
-...and watched Rayquaza save the day.
-Thanks to Kyra and Mariana, Juan and his gym were almost a non-challenge. Despite Kyra being several levels behind, she practically swept the gym on her own.

Since it's not letting me post photos until I have 15 posts, I'll put Victory Road and the League as a separate part shortly.

Ultimate Water Monotype Challenge
-LeafGreen 8/8- SoulSilver 7/16 -Emerald 8/8- -Platinum 8/8- Black X
Old January 15th, 2014 (06:44 AM).
|Dead things go bump in the night|

I'm pulling out of this challenge i got bored with it. Sorry.
Old January 15th, 2014 (06:42 PM).

2nd Update for Crystal:
-received Eevee from Bill
-defeated the kimono girls
-defeated rival in the Burned Tower
-defeated Morty
-Magby evolved into Magmar
-defeated Chuck
-defeated Jasmine
-defeated Pryce

Team:
Spoiler:

Quilava
Lv. 34
HP: 94
Attack: 62
Defense: 61
Sp. Attack: 76
Sp. Defense: 66
Speed: 77
Moves: Quick Attack/Leer/Smokescreen/Flame Wheel

Growlithe
Lv. 34
HP: 98
Attack: 69
Defense: 47
Sp. Attack: 62
Sp. Defense: 49
Speed: 58
Moves: Bite/Roar/Flame Wheel/Leer

Magmar
Lv. 33
HP: 91
Attack: 74
Defense: 55
Sp. Attack: 83
Sp. Defense: 73
Speed: 79
Moves: Fire Punch/Dizzy Punch/Leer/Smokescreen

Eevee
Lv. 34
HP: 94
Attack: 48
Defense: 44
Sp. Attack: 42
Sp. Defense: 55
Speed: 54
Moves: Quick Attack/Tail Whip/Sand-Attack/Bite
Crystal(16/16) Emerald(8/8) Platinum(8/8) Black 2(8/8) X(8/8)
Gen V Champ, X(7/8)
Completed Challenges:
Ultimate Monotype
Old January 15th, 2014 (07:46 PM). Edited January 17th, 2014 by BonBur.

Username: Bonbur
Type: Grass
Challenge: Ultimate
Game(s): FR/SS/Emerald/Platinum/B2

New on forums and now to challenges go with my favorite type :D
Old January 16th, 2014 (09:21 AM). Edited January 16th, 2014 by Nah.

5th Update, Rock Challenge on Platinum:
-taught Probopass Shock Wave
-Made it to Pastoria City
-kicked my rivial's ass
-fought my way through the route(s) between Pastoria and Hearthome, since my team needed some extra grinding before taking on the Water Gym
-Challenged the Pastoria City Gym. Forutnately, this one wasn't bad, like I thought it would be. Probes was the star here again, tanking water hits with its great defenses and zapping enemies with Shock Wave. Only thing that was a bit annoying was Wake's Quagsire. He did force me to use some revives and healing items, but it wasn't the horribleness of the Grass gym. At least the rest of the Gyms shouldn't be too bad.
-Chased down a Galatic Grunt, then air assassinated him and hid his body in the woods defeated him in a Pokemon battle
-Got the Secret Potion from Cynthia. Something a bit funny/odd is that my rival interrupted our conversation by asking "Who's this, your older sister?". Dude, I'm pretty sure we're suppossed to have lived in the same village our whole lives. You should know who my family members are by now.
-Used the morphine Secret Potion on those migrain-suffering Psyducks on Route whatever number it is. Then big sis Cynthia shows up again and asks me to do her a favor.
-Saved.

Current Badges:

Current Team:
Old January 16th, 2014 (08:23 PM).
Uninspired Writer

I, unfortunately, have lost my save files due to a computer issue and must resign from my challenges for the time being.
Old January 17th, 2014 (05:54 AM).

Quick question about my challenge: does it end the first time I beat Cynthia, or is it when I beat her for a second time when the Elite 4 and her have powered-up?
Old January 17th, 2014 (06:27 AM).
You know you like it, but it drives you insane.
Crystal Tier

Nature: Quiet
Send a message via Skype™ to Pendraflare
Quote originally posted by No Chance Without Zekrom:
Quick question about my challenge: does it end the first time I beat Cynthia, or is it when I beat her for a second time when the Elite 4 and her have powered-up?
First time you beat Cynthia. You don't have to do any of the post-game stuff. Her team is hardly any different in the rematch (the Elite Four's AREN'T different at all except for the levels), so there's not any serious reason to unless you want to.
Old January 17th, 2014 (10:24 AM).

First update for my Monograss fire red run

Badges 3/8

Spoiler:

-Pick bulbasaur as starter named Weedz
-Beat rival
-move to veridian city pick oak's parcel back to palet town and delivered
-Move to route 1 grand a bit, Bulba is now lvl 13
-meet rival again on route 22 beat him
-move to Veridian forest and beat everyone there
-arrive at pewter city go to Gym and beat Brook (vine whip 2Z)
-walk through route 3 beat everyone there to Bulba now evolved to ivysaur lv 18
-walk in to mt moon catch a paras named him Saldad lv 10
-leveling Paras a bit now lv 20 pass mt moon, bet TR grunts and everyone else
-Route 4 arrive at cerulean city, beat rival at nugget bridge and everyone else there till i reach bill's house and help him and catch a oddish named wanderus lv 15
-back to cerulean city enter el gym and beat misty
-Paras lv 21,Bulba lv 26 wanderus 19
-beat Rocket grunt
-follow to route 5
-Pass Route 6
-arrive at vermilion city and aboard the SS, beat everyone inside, beat mi rival and get Cut
-Back to Vermilion city and beat Lt Surge

Team:
Weedz the ivysaur
lv30
nature: Serious
Moveset: Tackle -Sleep Powder - Leech seed -Razor leaf

Salad the parasect
Lv28
nature: Rash
Moveset: Scratch - Spore - Dig - Leech life

Wanderus the Oddish
Lvl 22
Nature Relaxed
Moveset Absorb - sleep Powder -Sweet ascent - cut

Old January 17th, 2014 (11:51 AM).
Youtube Content Creator

Nature: Jolly
I'd like to restart my Unova run for my Ultimate Rock Monotype, I have given up on making my hack DarkBlack since I don't have the time to continue working on it. I will start BlazeBlack soon to make up for this. And I'll be playing VoltWhite for my Bug run.

Once I beat BlazeBlack for my Rock run, VoltWhite for my Bug run, Emerald for my Normal run, and SoulSilver for my Ghost run, I'll post a huge update for all of them.
Old January 17th, 2014 (02:51 PM).

Ultimate Water Monotype, FireRed LeafGreen part 1
Spoiler:

Started game, named character Triton
Obtained Squirtle, named Chelone... all going about the same as last time.
Wrecked Garry (Oak's lab)
Wrecked Garry again (Rt. 22)
Beat Pweter Gym in about thirty seconds, obtained boulder badge
Obtained Magikarp (Rt. 4), named Noriko. currently powerleveling her.

Old January 18th, 2014 (12:41 PM).

Ultimate Water Challenge, Emerald part 3: Victory Road and the Pokemon League
Spoiler:
Victory Road and the areas beyond really tossed me up a bit. I had beaten Ruby, but never actually got as far as Sky Pillar in Emerald, so not only was I totally thrown off by where the Sky Pillar was, but a few battles after that point tripped me up.
Entering Victory Road, I practically walked right into Wally, who I thought would be at the exit. Swept Wally anyway, but it surprised me. The double battle at the exit also threw me off a bit. I got lucky and took out one Slaking before it could get an attack off, and the second one fell to a critical Hydro Pump.

Elite 4
Sidney crumpled like a paper bag. I opened with Doutzen so I wouldn't be hampered by Mightyena's Intimidate. One-shotted it with a Hydro Pump. Handled Cacturne with Sharon (Pelipper). Sent Nemo up against Shiftry to get that sweet attack doubling from Swagger. Immediately snapped out of confusion and swept the rest of the team with Brick Break.

I had to brute-force Phoebe, so it was kind of rough. I accidentally sent in Ernst (Tentacruel) against a Banette, who immediately Psychic'd Ernst's face to death. After that, things started dying to hydro pumps.

Not much to say about Glacia. Kyra roasted things with Thunderbolt and Nemo used Brick Break on the rest.

Drake, amazingly enough, beat me for the one and only time I lost in the game. First time through, Ice Beam missed three times in a row on Kingdra, who dragon danced a few times and then wrecked Doutzen.
Smokescreen > avoid attack > body slam > KO > rinse, repeat
Sharon managed to tank the hits and finally take it down with shock wave, but Salamence finished it off handily, and then the remainder of my team.

Second time around, Drake's Kingdra got frozen by ice beam at half health, and then KO'd by a critical ice beam. With the RNG back on my side, I managed to completely sweep his team with only Doutzen.

I honestly thought Steven would still be the Champion. Surprise!

Wallace
Thank goodness I led with Mariana. Giga Drain neatly 2-hit KOs Wailord while he rain dances. Thankfully I benefit from it more than he does.
Despite the temptation to start mirror matching him, I fielded Kyra against Tentacruel. Thunderbolt takes it out in two turns, and Kyra takes only minor damage.
Whicscash comes out, Mariana Fakes it Out. It falls to Giga Drain after.
Ludicolo's up next, so I field my own Tentacruel and sludge bomb it to oblivion.
Gyarados falls to Sharon's Shockwave.
Milotic makes a showing. I again resist the urge to mirror him, as he's got the level lead. Kyra thunder waves it, it's fully paralyzed. Thunderbolt takes a quarter of its health off and it hits us hard with surf. Thunderbolt and Surf again. Next thunderbolt is a lucky critical, and that's the KO.

Final Team:
Spoiler:

And that's Emerald done. Now for the rest. I think I'll be doing most of the rest as ROMs, for convenience.

Old January 18th, 2014 (02:25 PM).

Nature: Docile
I have a question. It's probably a stupid question but I'll ask it anyway. If we're doing the ultimate challenge do we have to do all the regions? Also, are we allowed to play two games of one region (Like B/W and B2/W2)? If so, this is my sign up.

Username: Meppy
Type: Poison
Games: Storm Silver, Volt White, Volt White 2

Poison's partly because I can't catch legendarys even if I wanted to .

Ultimate Monotype Challenge (Poison)
Ultimate Progress: LeafGreen 0/8, SoulSilver 0/16, Sapphire 0/8, Platinum 0/8, Black 2 2/8, Y 0/8

Ultimate Monotype Challenge (Ghost)
Ultimate Progress: Firered 0/8, SoulSilver 0/16, Sapphire 0/8, Platinum 8/8, White 2 0/8, Y 2/8

Singles
(Ghost) Black 0/8
(Poison) White 0/8
Old January 18th, 2014 (03:06 PM).
I am a fish.

This might be a stupid question, but I'm new here and didn't understand one part... are we aloud to use more than 6 Pokemon (for boxes) or just a party of 6? Either way, idc.

Username: GawenStarTeller
Type: Bug
Games: Firered, Heartgold, Emerald, Platinum, Black 2, X

Please tell me if there's anything wrong with this app, like I said, I'm new. I picked Bug as my type because, really it's my fav type, and is the most challenged type to start out with (Most of the first gyms have type advantage over it. Rock, Flying, Rock, Rock, Fire in B and W if you chose Snivy.)
Old January 18th, 2014 (03:33 PM). Edited January 18th, 2014 by Nah.

Quote originally posted by Meppy:
I have a question. It's probably a stupid question but I'll ask it anyway. If we're doing the ultimate challenge do we have to do all the regions? Also, are we allowed to play two games of one region (Like B/W and B2/W2)? If so, this is my sign up.

Username: Meppy
Games: Storm Silver, Volt White, Volt White 2

Poison's partly because I can't catch legendarys even if I wanted to .
If doing the ultimate challenge, you have to do all six regions (Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh, Unova, and Kalos).

Quote originally posted by GawenStarTeller:
This might be a stupid question, but I'm new here and didn't understand one part... are we aloud to use more than 6 Pokemon (for boxes) or just a party of 6? Either way, idc.

Username: GawenStarTeller
Type: Bug
Games: Firered, Heartgold, Emerald, Platinum, Black 2, X

Please tell me if there's anything wrong with this app, like I said, I'm new. I picked Bug as my type because, really it's my fav type, and is the most challenged type to start out with (Most of the first gyms have type advantage over it. Rock, Flying, Rock, Rock, Fire in B and W if you chose Snivy.)
I'm pretty sure you can use as many Pokemon as you like, so long as they are all of the type you've selected for your run. That, and I think all of the Pokemon in your final party must be within 10 levels of each other. HM slaves that are not of your type are ok, but you can't use them in battle (unless you really need an extra poke for doubles, triples, etc).
Old January 18th, 2014 (03:51 PM).
I am a fish.

Quote originally posted by No Chance Without Zekrom:
I'm pretty sure you can use as many Pokemon as you like, so long as they are all of the type you've selected for your run. That, and I think all of the Pokemon in your final party must be within 10 levels of each other. HM slaves that are not of your type are ok, but you can't use them in battle (unless you really need an extra poke for doubles, triples, etc).

Thanks for the info Another question occurred to me... After getting a Bug Type Pokemon for my team, do I discard (Release) my starter?
Old January 18th, 2014 (03:53 PM).

Thanks for the info Another question occurred to me... After getting a Bug Type Pokemon for my team, do I discard (Release) my starter?
You can still keep it as an HM user, if it can use HMs that your Bugs probably can't use (like how most Bugs can't really use Surf). You just can't use it in battle anymore. And you don't have to release it, you can just deposit it.
Old January 18th, 2014 (07:52 PM).
Sage Ghetsis
ModeratorCS

Quote originally posted by Meppy:
I have a question. It's probably a stupid question but I'll ask it anyway. If we're doing the ultimate challenge do we have to do all the regions? Also, are we allowed to play two games of one region (Like B/W and B2/W2)?
Quote originally posted by Necrum Warrior:
In order to qualify as an Ultimate Champion, you must complete the challenge in one game of each region using the same type. Here is a list of games by region.
You can play 2 games in the same region, but one would be qualified as a Single challenge, not part of your ultimate.

The only team size requirement is that it must have at least 2. If you want to switch out along the way it's not a big deal.

Thanks for the info :) Another question occurred to me... After getting a Bug Type Pokemon for my team, do I discard (Release) my starter?
You can't use it in battle, but releasing is unnecessary. Just box it, unless you want to release it.

Staff Antagonist Collab 2015
Old January 18th, 2014 (08:06 PM).
Mission Complete✔

Nature: Lax
Username: River Ramirez
Type: Flying
Challenge: Single for now.
Game(s): Fire Red.

Old January 19th, 2014 (05:57 AM).

Been a while since I updated, but I'm still moving through Sapphire steadily.
Spoiler:

-Evolved Oddish into Gloom.
-Caught a Grimer.
-Caught a Seviper.
-Finally beat Archie after lots of grinding.
-Defeated Flannery with next to no effort.
-Evolved Tentacool into Tentacruel.
-Evolved Gulpin into Swalot.
-Defeated Norman with some incredible luck.
-Team Aqua were no challenge.
-May, swept aside...Twice.
-Defeated Winona.

Current Team:

Tentacruel
Clear Body
Level 34 | Docile

Supersonic, Poison Sting, Surf, Acid

Gloom
Chlorophyll
Level 34 | Serious

Giga Drain, Acid, Cut, Sleep Powder

Seviper
Shed Skin
Level 35 | Serious

Bite, Crunch, Screech, Poison Fang

Swalot
Liquid Ooze
Level 35 | Lonely

Body Slam, Sludge, Toxic, Yawn

Roselia
Poison Point
Level 32 | Docile

Mega Drain, Grasswhistle, Leech Seed, Magical Leaf

Grimer
Stench
Level 35 | Modest

Pound, Acid Armour, Disable, Sludge

Attached Images
File Type: png Flannery.PNG‎ (6.3 KB, 41 views) (Save to Dropbox)
File Type: png Norman.PNG‎ (5.2 KB, 41 views) (Save to Dropbox)
File Type: png Winona.PNG‎ (5.9 KB, 41 views) (Save to Dropbox)

FireRed, Crystal, Sapphire,
Diamond 0/8, White, X

The Ones that Got Away: 1/16

Current B-I-N-G-O Challenge:
Grass Monotype - Sapphire 5/8
Old January 19th, 2014 (06:30 AM).
I'm food

Nature: Naive
Username: Eat me.
Challenge: Single
Game(s): LeafGreen