Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Battling & Team Building > In-Game Team Help
Reload this Page [XY] Battle Maison doubles; Grassy Terrain

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

In-Game Team Help Can't defeat the Elite Four with your current team? Well then, this is your place! Ask for team help concerning in-game play. Any teams meant for battling other people must be posted in the Battle Center's main forum instead.

Old December 23rd, 2013 (01:06 PM).
iAm

Nature: Relaxed
I'm not sure if this should go here or in the in-game team sub, but because of the level of teambuilding for the Battle Maison is a bit more advanced, I decided to post it here. I did consider running a team like this in rated Battle Spot, though, but I know I can't handle common threats like Talonflame, so I won't even bother.

This is what I have so far:

Gogoat @ Shell Bell
Ability: Grass Pelt
Careful Nature
252 HP/252 SpDef/4 Def
* Bulk Up
* Milk Drink
* Rock Slide
* Horn Leech

Florges @ Leftovers
Ability: Flower Veil
Calm Nature
252 HP/252 SpDef/4 SpAtk
* Wish
* Grassy Terrain
* Moonblast
* Psychic

The core of the team. Florges sets up the Grassy Terrain while Gogoat does Bulk Up. Under Grassy Terrain Gogoat's defense is boosted by 50% because of his Grass Pelt ability, and the power of his Horn Leech is also boosted by 50%. This gives Gogoat a lot of bulk.
Florges' Flower Veil protects Gogoat's stats from being lowered, but also protects him against status conditions like toxic (which I didn't know).

Florges and Gogoat work really well together, but I can't get the other 2 team mates right. I don't want to depend on Grassy Terrain, so running 2 other Grass types isn't an option. I thought running 1 other Grass Pokémon and something that provides good coverage would work, so I tried running Chesnaught and Mega Blastoise, but those didn't work to well. I currently use my Greninja and Mega Kangaskhan, but those are built for single battles, so they aren't perfect either.

What I'm looking for is something bulky that can help me beat fire/ice/steel/flying Pokémon, because those types give my Gogoat and Florges trouble. Preferably something that doesn't hurt my own team mates.
Old January 15th, 2014 (05:08 PM).
Local Pokemon Genius

Nature: Relaxed
Maybe try a Rhyperior. They're strong, bulky, and can learn rock slide. I just find they're really well-built, and there's only one move of theirs I can think of that will hurt your pokemon, Earthquake. But if it comes down to it, just teach it moves like Giga Impact and Hyper Beam.
I'm popping out for a bit, guys. I have a lot going on right now, and honestly this site is a low priority. Sorry for any inconveniences, I'll be sure to come back some time!
Old January 15th, 2014 (05:47 PM). Edited January 20th, 2014 by Nah.

I think that Excadrill would work well for your team. It can handle those types fairly well, and since it gets Drill Run via level up, it doesn't have to use Earthquake.

-Excadrill w/Assault Vest or Air Balloon
Nature: Adamant/Jolly
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 Attack, 252 Speed, 4 Sp.Defense
Moves: Drill Run, Rock Slide, Swords Dance/X-Scissor, Shadow Claw

Do not use Swords Dance if using Assault Vest.
Old January 20th, 2014 (08:31 AM).

Nature: Naive
Quote originally posted by iTeruri:
What I'm looking for is something bulky that can help me beat fire/ice/steel/flying Pokémon,
some moves really shine in doubles battles.

you need someone with Heatwave,
it checks the ice & steel types
also
someone with RockSlide,
it checks the fire & flying types (and conveniently ice types also)

Salamence doesnt seem too popular right now, but i know for a fact it can run both moves, back on platinum i had a mence designed purely for doubles,
Hasty nature W/lum berry
max speed & physical
Outrage
RockSlide
Earthquake
Heatwave

the game has changed a lot, with faries, and i dont know if this set would still be viable.
but id wager yes. just swap outrage out.

I also feel obliged to say, please dont teach hyper beam to rhyperior, and please dont put an assault vest on a pokemon with swords dance.
Old January 20th, 2014 (01:36 PM).

Quote originally posted by Kenpachi316:
some moves really shine in doubles battles.

you need someone with Heatwave,
it checks the ice & steel types
also
someone with RockSlide,
it checks the fire & flying types (and conveniently ice types also)

Salamence doesnt seem too popular right now, but i know for a fact it can run both moves, back on platinum i had a mence designed purely for doubles,
Hasty nature W/lum berry
max speed & physical
Outrage
RockSlide
Earthquake
Heatwave

the game has changed a lot, with faries, and i dont know if this set would still be viable.
but id wager yes. just swap outrage out.

I also feel obliged to say, please dont teach hyper beam to rhyperior, and please dont put an assault vest on a pokemon with swords dance.
That's a cool Salamence set. Outrage's replacement can be Dragon Claw.

...And I can't believe I put Swords Dance and Assault Vest on the same set. XD Fixing that.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links