• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Ideal Emerald Team?

Years
I want to make a new team, but I don't know which Pokémon to use! If anyone has any suggestions, please reply with a team!
Thanks,
~Spys

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Mar 10, 2014
Could you mention what you have now and what in addition you are looking for?

Talon

[font=Cambria]Hidden From Mind[/font]
Years
I usually use this team (Depends on which starter you chose.)
Sceptile / Swampert / Blaziken
Flygon / Flygon / Flygon
Aggron / Aggron / Aggron
Camerupt / Breloom / Shiftry
Sharpedo / Camerupt / Wailord
Manectric / Manectric / Manectric

AluminiumOxide

Aka Ansirent
Years
I use this Pokemons -

Sceptile / Swampert / Blaziken ((Depends on which starter you chose.)

Agrron

Salamance

Flygon

Shiftry

Kygore

Rayquaza

She_Delphox

Delphox used Mystical Fire!
Years
I always chose my team like this:

- Blaziken (Fire/Fight)
- Manectric (Electric)
- Absol/Mightyena (Dark)
- Milotic (BEST Water Pokemon ever!, if you can get your hands on a Feebas... I was lucky having caught one at a certain time, never happened since... But I still have that very same Milotic + Feebas Eggs 4 Life xD) or else: Walrein <3 (Water/Ice)
- Salamence <3 (Dragon/Flying)
- Gardevoir (Psychic)

There you go! ;)

AluminiumOxide

Aka Ansirent
Years
Gradevior will not show a good performance will it ? And Milotic is a great choice to beat the league. When you have a Salamence what else stronger Pokemon you need ? one of the best Pokemon Salamence is for league.

Astraea

The Storm of Friendship
Years
  • Age 25
  • IDK
  • Seen Jan 23, 2022
Try this:-

Blaziken
Ludicolo
Mightyeana
Flygon
Raquaza
Slamance

Hatsune Mika

FireRed Nuzlocke
Years
A team I had was
Blaziken lvl 58
Mightyena lvl 60
Rayquaza lvl 70
Seviper lvl 58
Raichu (sometimes) lvl 60
Qnd this would just barely get by.

AluminiumOxide

Aka Ansirent
Years
ArceusIsPower all are good but changing Raichu and Mightyena will not bad Because they will not show good performance in league. But good for battle although.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 16, 2015
Heracross
Cacturne
Magneton
Walrein
Altaria
A HM slave

One can counter everything in the Elite Four with these pokés. The vanilla team setup is not especially frightening.

Armand

The Wild Eagle
Years
My Team usually looks like this:

Espeon
Dragonite (or salamence)
Absol
Manectric
Blaziken
Walerin

Blaziken helps with it's fighting co-type, salamence is fatal with the Intimidate/ dragon flying features and high stats, but dragonite is a personal favourite

Absol is also fatal if you use it right

Manectric can help, but you can use flygon or swellow too

anyway, keep this in mind

1- have a fighting pokemon in your team, they help alot
2- dragon are invisible in these generations, and if you have a Kingdra, you're be a hero coz it's only weakness is dragon type itself
3- fire and ice moves are so helpful, make sure to be equipped with them
4- Espeon can hurt badly, find a timid one and teach it shadow ball, psychic, calm mind and toxic, you'll be rewarded big time :)

Last edited:

Mesmerella

Preschooler
Years
If you're playing Emerald version, I strongly recommend picking Treecko as your starter. The reason is because you'll have to fight both Juan and Wallace later on in the game, and Sceptile is very good at this, since he has good special attack and can hit really hard with Leaf Blade. Seriously, Treecko makes a huge amount of difference in Emerald compared to Ruby and Sapphire.

I also recommend Gardevoir, if you're able to handle training it up from being a Ralts... They're very hard to deal with at first, but they are well worth the training. One move I'd suggest for it is Thief, which allows it to hit ghosts and other psychic types.

Back