The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Fan Clubs & Groups

Notices

Fan Clubs & Groups Fan Clubs & Groups are places to go to find like-minded members and talk about similar interests. Join or create a club here if it doesn't fit in any of the other sections.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old January 20th, 2014, 10:35 PM
Knormageddon
Slowly, but surely...

Nature: Bashful
Send a message via Skype™ to Knormageddon
^ Brilliant. :]

The social sites I use all have pros/cons over one another - If I could take the pros from all of them, and make one site, well...

Where do I sign up for Twiblrbook?

be on the lookout for the flying knor

youtube (¿coming soon?) twitter playstation network
Old January 23rd, 2014, 05:31 AM
Avant Garde
take me to the other side

Nature: Sassy
Twiblrbook sounds awesome xD

I also updated the first post so :D

If you could make your own social media site, what would it be? What would its contents be? How are people going to connect with each other?

I would make a chat-like social site like you post in a client and you can share logs and save them... It's like Twitter but more live and you can make convos in them xD

I'd call it Chitchatr X3
and then you bite your lip whisper and say
we're going all the way
Old January 23rd, 2014, 06:53 AM
Venitardus
Breeder

Send a message via Skype™ to Venitardus
Twiblerbook sounds interesting. I'd probably sign up.

If you could make your own social media site, what would it be? What would its contents be? How are people going to connect with each other?
As for this, I haven't really came up with anything. The best think I came up with is a site where it's like twitter and Facebook, like you befriend someone or follow them. Approximately 300 characters of you want to type a post. But it would be like YouTube also. You can make a video instead of a post, you can control who sees your video post, and you can block someone's video. And you can add it to a favorite video list if you really like the video post.

Idk, that's the main thing I came up with. It would be called Tube'Tastic (best name I can come up with at 6:53 am.
Friend safari: Normal
•Pokemon X: Loudred, Dunsparce, Smeargle
Let me know if you add me, I'll add you as well.
Owner of the club: Red like roses ~ RWBY fan club

Last edited by Venitardus; January 23rd, 2014 at 08:59 AM.
Old January 23rd, 2014, 08:51 AM
Minerva
take that money, watch it burn

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Skype™ to Minerva
Should've added the word tube at the end of my Twiblrbook thing. xD Because all three of them do support youtube videos but not most video sites. ;;

Another *side topic* I had in mind (probs forget down the road so better do it now!): What improvements would you add to an existing social network?

Example: enabling a chat feature on Tumblr, etc.
Old January 23rd, 2014, 08:43 PM
Avant Garde

Actually that is not a bad topic Megan!

What improvements would you add to an existing social network?

Personally, I dont want to add but want to remove the Google + requirement in YouTube since it is just so pointless. I don't really get that :/

But a new website design for Facebook can't hurt too ;D
we're going all the way
Old January 23rd, 2014, 09:34 PM
Hikamaru
→ make a wish

Nature: Quirky
What improvements would you add to an existing social network?

I'd probably allow YouTube to not require a Google+ account to post comments like what Gunner said, but the one thing I'd like to improve is to remove that stupid "daily post limit" on Tumblr because I sometimes exceeded it and I had to wait for hours for it to reset (which is around 4:00pm for my timezone).
And not forget where you’ve come from

pairs | showdown | tumblr | vm

Old January 23rd, 2014, 10:47 PM
Minerva

You surpass the tumblr post limit there, Hikari? Wow. And I always thought I posted sooo much and never get locked down because of the limit. I believe Tumblr's post limit is 250, and within those 250, 75 of them are pictures. So basically you are limited to posting 75 pictures/graphics/gifs a day.

Ahh the controversial Google + Integration to Youtube. Honestly the most pointless thing out there imo. Everything was going great in the Youtube world back when I was...17-18. It was troll-free and everyone got along with everyone UNTIL THE FIRE NATION ATTACKED until everything went to shreeeeds. Yeah, I'm gonna echo you both, It has got to go. Since then, G+ pretty much lost its integrity. lol

One thing I'd like to improve one social networking is to increase the character limit on twitter to 200 characters. 140 is not enough. Also, I'd like to add bold/italic formatting because sometimes I'd like to add some flair to my tweets, as well as accent. xD
Old January 25th, 2014, 10:23 PM
acatfrommars
I am a cat

Nature: Relaxed
I didn't even know Tumblr had a post limit. I mostly lurk on there, 75 pics a day is crazy though! Tumblr's probably my favorite social media now, I don't really use Facebook or Instagram much anymore. I'm thinking of getting a snapchat but idk.

Never take a man's nuggets, never.
Old January 26th, 2014, 09:53 AM
★Symbiosis★
★Shall Mote It Be★

PC Username:★Symbiosis★
Handles: https://www.facebook.com/Cycosis1994 (This is my real facebook, I use it more so for Pokemon than real life thought since I don't go out and hang with many friends anymore, I fully understand)
Reason for joining: I want more PC Friends!

Where do you use your social media the most? On your phone, tablet, or computer?
My Cell Phone(Samsung Galaxy 4)
Old January 28th, 2014, 09:26 PM
acatfrommars
I am a cat

Where do you use your social media the most? On your phone, tablet, or computer?

Mostly on my phone at school or work when I'm bored. When I'm home I'm normally on a forum like here or playing games.

Never take a man's nuggets, never.
Old January 31st, 2014, 07:30 PM
Minerva

It seems amazing to think that we're starting to use less and less "paper" invites and flyers nowadays. Facebook and other social media are becoming effective ways of announcing events, as well as knowing how many people are actually going or not. I did this method last year with my niece's birthday party, and it was a huge success. We saved a ton of money and paper on invitations.

Do you think the use of social media is effective on this for other type of events or announcements? Do you think we should go back to paper announcements?
Old January 31st, 2014, 10:08 PM
Avant Garde

I'd say it is pretty amazing how social media is more effective than paper since it spreads the word faster and it is eco-friendly too <3
we're going all the way
Old February 4th, 2014, 07:54 AM
Minerva

I know! It may benefit the use of technology so much, but it also has its disadvantages, obviously. When my sister used facebook to deliver invites to everyone we know, many of the older people (mainly grandma and great aunts and uncles) don't have much access to facebook, or don't even have a facebook at all (or any social media for that matter), and for that reason we had to make little paper invites to mail them out.

My town's events are announced on both television, social media, and on paper. Since last year, attendances to parades, carnivals, and other events skyrocketed because they advertised using twitter and that reached out a LOT of people...which is good \o/
Old February 5th, 2014, 01:57 PM
Sheep

Nature: Timid
PC Username: Sheep
Handles: whimsycott on Twitter
Reason for joining: I'm really only a fan of Twitter but that love for it has grown so much over the last year. I didn't ever think it would be so addicting to just write updates on your life and chat with others. Yes!

What do you use social sites for?

Just ranting if need be, talking about random things when I'm in the mood for talking but not so much to tell someone directly, and conversing with people. It really helps me stay in touch with some.

My laptop. :D I browse Twitter daily and often find myself clicking the tab even when I don't plan to write anything, haha. Habit!

pair | family | irl pair | lovelies
club 1 club 2 club 3 club 4
Old February 5th, 2014, 01:59 PM
Nova
If I die, I die~

Nature: Quirky

Laptop and phone, since i don't have a tablet to start off with and my usage for phone and laptop in terms of social media are kinda the same :P
Old February 5th, 2014, 07:12 PM
Vanille Sky

Nature: Gentle
PC Username:
Vanille Sky

Handles:
- Facebook: You can send me a VM/PM asking for it (:
- Tumblr: Konpeito
- Instagram: kailunee

Reason for joining:
I'd like to be able to socialize with other people on PC that enjoy using social media (:

One of the main reasons of using social media is because it's a way to keep in touch with my friends since the majority of them are active on FB and sometimes it's the only way to contact them -.-

— レイン · wonderland · love · appreciation
Old February 5th, 2014, 09:20 PM
Dakota
she's singing to me

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Skype™ to Dakota
PC Username:
-Dakota
Handles:
-Facebook: facebook.com/superdupii (I don't mind you adding me, so long as I know who you are)
-Instagram: superdupi
-Ask.fm: http://ask.fm/Derpoo
-Kik: superdupi
Reason for joining:
-I use social networks extremely often, so I figured I might as well get in on this. ;3 Also joined, I'll admit, to get to connect with people on PC outside of PC.
-Facebook to connect with and talk to people, IG as a method of satisfying my photography addiction/hobby, Ask when I'm really bored and want something interstesting, and Kik as a backup to Facebook Messenger :D
Old February 5th, 2014, 10:25 PM
Minerva

New peeps! Gunner will be so happy :D Welcome aboard~

I wanna shift things a little towards Facebook. Guess what? It turned 10 years old! To celebrate, Facebook came up with a neat little idea by creating a video of all our facebook moments, from the day we joined to our best posts, to what we are now. I made mine yesterday, and I just...laughed at myself because most of my first moments on facebook were with my ex-boyfriend and I'm glad none of those were in that video. xD

For those with facebook, you can view/share your #facebookis10 video by clicking here. What do you guys think of that? Pretty neat, huh?
Old February 7th, 2014, 05:00 PM
Avant Garde

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheep View Post
PC Username: Sheep
Handles: whimsycott on Twitter
Reason for joining: I'm really only a fan of Twitter but that love for it has grown so much over the last year. I didn't ever think it would be so addicting to just write updates on your life and chat with others. Yes!

Just ranting if need be, talking about random things when I'm in the mood for talking but not so much to tell someone directly, and conversing with people. It really helps me stay in touch with some.

My laptop. :D I browse Twitter daily and often find myself clicking the tab even when I don't plan to write anything, haha. Habit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanille Sky View Post
PC Username:
Vanille Sky

Handles:
- Facebook: You can send me a VM/PM asking for it (:
- Tumblr: Konpeito
- Instagram: kailunee

Reason for joining:
I'd like to be able to socialize with other people on PC that enjoy using social media (:

One of the main reasons of using social media is because it's a way to keep in touch with my friends since the majority of them are active on FB and sometimes it's the only way to contact them -.-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakota View Post
PC Username:
-Dakota
Handles:
-Facebook: facebook.com/superdupii (I don't mind you adding me, so long as I know who you are)
-Instagram: superdupi
-Ask.fm: http://ask.fm/Derpoo
-Kik: superdupi
Reason for joining:
-I use social networks extremely often, so I figured I might as well get in on this. ;3 Also joined, I'll admit, to get to connect with people on PC outside of PC.
-Facebook to connect with and talk to people, IG as a method of satisfying my photography addiction/hobby, Ask when I'm really bored and want something interstesting, and Kik as a backup to Facebook Messenger :D
OMFG NEW MEMBERS YAY! Welcome to the club guys! :B

And as for Facebook, I checked mine the other day and it was pretty funny. :] I don't wanna share it because it is too embarrassing especially since most of my pics there were with my ex-crush lol
we're going all the way
Old February 7th, 2014, 10:00 PM
Dakota
she's singing to me

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Skype™ to Dakota
It's weird, my FB video. The most irrelevant images and posts came up. Pretty bad video, IMO. Might share it later.
Old February 10th, 2014, 10:14 PM
Minerva

Mine also had pictures of my nieces and cousins that I shared...and some random pictures that facebook chose that thought they were....worth sharing. xD It was funny as well. I shared it for the lulz, but other facebook friends of mine had it better (and probably longer) than the one made for me.
Old February 11th, 2014, 04:59 AM
Avant Garde

Okay guys, how bout a new topic?

Do you still remember your "social network" life before Facebook and Twitter and the like were a thing? Have you heard of sites that were popular in the olden days?
we're going all the way
Old February 11th, 2014, 10:02 AM
Minerva

Pffffft, I used to be a myspace addict before facebook and twitter came around. xD Myspace was the reason why I learned basic HTML, and mastered it like a boss. I was 14 when I signed up, because my best friend (who then became my boyfriend and now he's my ex) encouraged me to sign up. Which is weird because you have to fake your age in order to get an account. You had to be 16 to sign up. I'm not certain when they lowered their age to 13-14 at some point because I was two years in with myspace and I saw members who were 14 or 15.

*sigh* I'll never forget those days. I wish myspace was popular again. It was really fun back then. xD
Old February 15th, 2014, 06:56 PM
Avant Garde

I never used myspace tho :[ But before, when I was starting to become an Internet addict, there was a great social network site called Friendster. It was a lot like Facebook but with more customization. It was really fun then but alas, as pessimistic Friendster was, Facebook took over and Friendster swayed in the background until it became a bad gaming website ;~;
we're going all the way
Old February 15th, 2014, 07:04 PM
Vanille Sky

Nature: Gentle
MySpace was starting to die out once I got around to social networking. I tried signing up and using it, but everything from the interface to the content was too convoluted and confusing, so I gave up :c There was also Xanga and, like you mentioned, Friendster that was around too. And then Facebook started taking over, and to be honest, it's much better than MySpace ever was.

— レイン · wonderland · love · appreciation
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links