The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Fan Clubs & Groups

Notices

Fan Clubs & Groups Fan Clubs & Groups are places to go to find like-minded members and talk about similar interests. Join or create a club here if it doesn't fit in any of the other sections.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old January 20th, 2014 (08:58 AM).
Venitardus
Breeder

Send a message via Skype™ to Venitardus
Do you want to train to become a hunter or huntress? Like slaying beowolfs an other creatures of grim? Want to talk about the different weapons, whether they are custom made or hamidowns? Do you jut want I relax and talk I your teammates or how hard you trained? Then join the RWBY club! Where anyone and everyone is welcome. Whether your the best of the best or not, you all will be welcomed!

*thats the best I can do; because I probably won't be able to top that for a while for my RWBY fan club.*
Friend safari: Normal •Pokemon X/Y: Loudred, Dunsparce, Smeargle
Let me know if you add me, I'll add you as well. You wanna talk, then let's talk.
Recent owner of: Pokémon breeders club
Alpha Sapphire!!
Old January 23rd, 2014 (07:20 AM).
isthatyoudan
doesn't work well with others...

Nature: Quirky
Excuse me...
Is there a limit to the number of clubs you can join? I am part of one and would like to join another as well.

I'm Reading...
Just finished a volume of Soul Eater, volume 14. At this point, it has become very different compared to the anime, and I kind of like it. Some of the characters have gotten a lot more fleshed out (specifically the meister team of Ox, Kilik, and Kim), and things are happening quite differently. An exciting read.

I'm Playing...
The iPod music game, Cytus. While I may not know very many of the songs, I really like its music, and the gameplay is easy to pick up yet takes quite a while to master. A friend has seen me play it and he says I make it look easy, but I am still having a fun and challenging time. Definitely worth the price.
Old January 23rd, 2014 (07:24 AM).
Adventure

Nature: Naive
Quote:
Originally Posted by isthatyoudan View Post
Excuse me...
Is there a limit to the number of clubs you can join? I am part of one and would like to join another as well.
I doubt that. Join as many as you want, as long as you think you'll be able to post in them now and then :3 I've joined clubs only to forget about them, which makes me a bad example. You should do better ;)

to think you were once a stranger
and every day with you an adventure

Old January 23rd, 2014 (08:21 AM).
Axeliira
we all got the spark

Nature: Brave
Join them all, that's what I'd do.. but I don't want to overwhelm myself. xD It's completely up to you on how many you want to join, 2, 3, 10, whichever, really.

The bad part is keeping track of what clubs you joined...because right now I don't know which! xD

Ever think that you could lose your mind, could it be the big d r e a m you'll find.
No more waiting cause it's almost time, everything is gonna be a l r i g h t.
moderator of fan clubs & groups ~ paired to buoysel & kanzler
Old January 23rd, 2014 (08:34 PM).
Leijon
#Farewell2014
Community Supporter

Nature: Sassy
Quote:
Originally Posted by isthatyoudan View Post
Excuse me...
You can join in as many clubs as you want provided that your head won't swell up from the clubs xD

Speaking of which, to all those clubbers out there, What clubs are you currently part in?
Old January 25th, 2014 (08:14 PM).
Astinus
Remember NovEnder

Hey everyone! I was wondering if anyone would be willing to do a favor for this section.

We need a forum splash! FC&G is the only section on PC without a fancy splash to catch members' eyes. So I was wondering if anyone here had an idea of what to do for a splash.

The only idea I had is that every week, maybe a different club could be advertised in the splash.

If anyone has an idea for a splash, just send me a PM of what you want it to say and look like, and I can edit it in!
Old January 25th, 2014 (08:39 PM).
Leijon
#Farewell2014
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astinus View Post
Hey everyone! I was wondering if anyone would be willing to do a favor for this section.

We need a forum splash! FC&G is the only section on PC without a fancy splash to catch members' eyes. So I was wondering if anyone here had an idea of what to do for a splash.

The only idea I had is that every week, maybe a different club could be advertised in the splash.

If anyone has an idea for a splash, just send me a PM of what you want it to say and look like, and I can edit it in!
Finally! A forum splash! I have some grand ideas that you guys might like! Imma PM Asty for them :]
Old January 25th, 2014 (08:59 PM). Edited January 25th, 2014 by Axeliira.
Axeliira
we all got the spark

I remember there was a format similar to Pokemon Clubs where we'd have a featured club of the week, and we'd also have a scroll bar thing where you'd see which clubs have been recently approved, so that way when clubs do get approved, they'd get more attention and not have to dig through the bottom for those new clubs.

If all possible, I can provide graphics and some CSS (but I'll assume Gummer has that covered?).

EDIT: Maybe an index of the most active clubs right now, periodically updated, of course. :3

Ever think that you could lose your mind, could it be the big d r e a m you'll find.
Old January 25th, 2014 (09:16 PM).
Astinus
Remember NovEnder

The forum splash system doesn't use CSS, unfortunately. I don't know what coding it actually uses, since I've heard it uses HTML but when I tried that, nothing worked. It mostly involves pressing buttons to create the formatting, which was the only way I got anything to stick.

This isn't going to be as simple as I thought.
Old January 25th, 2014 (09:27 PM).
lucariokul
Illusions surround me. Help...

Nature: Lonely
Hi, I need to ask a favour. I joined this community to make some friends, but I now want to know if it is OK to make a Game Theorists club. Please PM me with the details if you see this.

Old January 25th, 2014 (09:36 PM).
Axeliira
we all got the spark

Quote:
The forum splash system doesn't use CSS, unfortunately. I don't know what coding it actually uses, since I've heard it uses HTML but when I tried that, nothing worked. It mostly involves pressing buttons to create the formatting, which was the only way I got anything to stick.

Zach just told me it uses HTML. It's been FOREVER since I used HTML, but I can at least write something out to make it seem like it's using CSS. xD I'm off from work tomorrow, so maybe I could spend the day doing that.

Well, it won't be easy and it's going to take some time, but I have faith that it'll work out. :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucariokul View Post
Hi, I need to ask a favour. I joined this community to make some friends, but I now want to know if it is OK to make a Game Theorists club. Please PM me with the details if you see this.
Game Theorists, hmmm. You mean basically a club where you can theorize video games or any game in general? You could get a few gamers like myself to join. I'd say go for it. :)

Old January 25th, 2014 (09:37 PM).
Leijon
#Farewell2014
Community Supporter

Quote:

WAIT WHAT?!?!?! There goes my 30 mins of coding :( I was gonna PM Asty bout it but I guess that's out of the water :(

In my opinion, the clubs in focus should be like every month of every bi-weekly since we have only so many clubs to deal with. I don't know sticky links could also be added there and also the club thread being featured.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axeliira View Post
I remember there was a format similar to Pokemon Clubs where we'd have a featured club of the week, and we'd also have a scroll bar thing where you'd see which clubs have been recently approved, so that way when clubs do get approved, they'd get more attention and not have to dig through the bottom for those new clubs.

If all possible, I can provide graphics and some CSS (but I'll assume Gummer has that covered?).

EDIT: Maybe an index of the most active clubs right now, periodically updated, of course. :3
I agree with the Recently Approved Clubs so that they can shine and be noticed for once XD Not really for the Most Active Clubs... I'm thinking that there should be a thread for a Club Directory and and section deovted to active clubs there. Much more organized than putting it in a forum splash.

Quote:
Welcome to PC lucariokul! I don't know about a Game Theorists club but I believe that is a little too broad imo.

EDIT: I can try to make HTML coding and insert the CSS I was doing. It worked for the Challenges forum. :)
Old January 25th, 2014 (11:17 PM).
Axeliira
we all got the spark

Bi-weekly is also what I had in mind, as well.

& it'd probably be too broad if it were to encompass the whole gaming world, but since it's focusing on theories as in "how these games of the future will be played out and how will they be reviewed and such" then I guess it'd be an okay club to go for. It's a general club since it's not strict to old or new games.

Old January 25th, 2014 (11:31 PM).
lucariokul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen of Shipping View Post

Welcome to PC lucariokul! I don't know about a Game Theorists club but I believe that is a little too broad imo.
Is that so? Oh well, ill try something else... how about Pokémon Creepypastas?

Old January 25th, 2014 (11:49 PM).
Leijon
#Farewell2014
Community Supporter

Quote:
Is that so? Oh well, ill try something else... how about Pokémon Creepypastas?
Anything Pokemon related belongs in Pokemon Clubs instead of here. :] Try asking there instead!
Old January 26th, 2014 (01:40 AM).
Adventure

I don't think "most active clubs" should be in the splash banner. We have the index straight below it! The most active clubs will surely be apparent there.

Club of the week/month sounds nice.

Old January 26th, 2014 (02:23 PM).
lucariokul

Ok. thank anyway! you have been very helpful. Everyone outside of internet wants to catch me in a pokeball.

Old January 30th, 2014 (02:59 AM).
Leijon
#Farewell2014
Community Supporter

OMG what happened to the splash? Could have been better. 5.4/10 #atleastyoutried x3
Old January 30th, 2014 (05:09 AM).
Adventure

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen of Shipping View Post
OMG what happened to the splash? Could have been better. 5.4/10 #atleastyoutried x3
This. xD No offense, Astinus dear. The gif is great though!

Old January 30th, 2014 (05:22 AM).
Axeliira
we all got the spark

...that's because I made that splash, guys. :| Wanted to go for a simple concept because there was not much to add other than the links to the top threads and such.

It's like that because the code got butchered, it's missing both a <p> and a <center> which can be easily be added. Was gonna do that last night but I got distracted by other things. I'll do it after work today.

Old January 30th, 2014 (05:34 AM).
Adventure

Haha, don't worry ;) It was just the broken align that was funny. Good that a splash finally came up!

Old January 30th, 2014 (05:37 AM). Edited January 30th, 2014 by Axeliira.
Axeliira
we all got the spark

Agh I know, I'm so nitpicky when it comes to that and now that it's come up and I got a half hour to spare, I can do that right now. xD I can also increase the font on top as well to make it more reeeeadable.

*puts on sunglasses and turns on electric drill*

edit: aaaand done.

Old January 30th, 2014 (11:27 AM).
Astinus
Remember NovEnder

Hopefully that's better? And yeah, I didn't make the splash. Axeliira took time out of her day to be super helpful, which I greatly appreciate. This might help FC&G a little more now that it has a splash like the rest of the forum.
Old January 30th, 2014 (04:00 PM).
Leijon
#Farewell2014
Community Supporter

there. that was a little bit better xD Center-aligned is always better x3
Old January 30th, 2014 (10:08 PM).
Axeliira
we all got the spark

*takes a bow*

aaaaand going back to club business, I should have my Traveling Club made this Saturdaaay). Only needed to add some final touches to it, just haven't gotten around to it because life and such ;;.

Also, THE WALKING DEAD IS COMING BACK SOON. Would anyone like to see that club come back again? It died last month of unknown walkers roaming around the section. ;;

Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links