Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon General
Reload this Page Team Rocket created shinies?

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Pokémon General Theories, experiences and other discussions regarding the Pokémon franchise that can't be covered in any of the other boards.

Old December 24th, 2013 (04:10 PM).
Silver Tier

Nature: Lax
We have all seen, found and maybe even caught shiny Pokémon. Even in the original Pokémon Anime, Ash actually does see a shiny Ho-oh and grants him with eternal happiness. Now to the Lake of Rage, with the shiny Red Gyrados and Ash's shiny Noctowl. As you can see, shiny Pokémon are a mystery. The Gameboy released a color version, so Nintendo took advantage of it and added a SECOND color scheme to each Pokémon in the game. The chance in finding a shiny is 1 in every 8000 or so. In other words, these Pokémon are extremely hard to find. However, there is always one shiny that you will always discover, and that is Team Rocket's Red Gyrados. The reason it turned shiny because it was the only Magikarp in the lake to be forced to evolve, making it red. Moving on, my theory is much simpler. In 1st gen games, there were no shinies what so ever. In 2nd gen, thats when it all started.
When Team Rocket took over the Radio Tower in Goldenrod, you weren't fast enough to save the day.
So the whole time you were getting to Goldenrod WITHOUT FLY, Team Rocket was sending out those signals, forcing those helpless Pokémon to evolve to a shiny. Radio signals are very strong at the source, but slowly decimate after a long time. Its small, but still there. The signal most likely spread across ALL the regions, exposing each and everyone of the Pokémon to the signal. So everytime you see a shiny, just know that it was Team Rocket's doing.
I hope you were entertained, this is justa theory, remember that.
~Spys
Old December 25th, 2013 (06:25 AM).
Child of Christ

Nature: Calm
But what about shinies you get from eggs? Maybe the air still holds a current or something?
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that who ever believe in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. - John 3:16

I believe in Jesus Christ my Savior. If you do too, and aren't scared to admit it, then copy and paste this in your signature.

Member of the Christian Community!
Old December 25th, 2013 (06:33 AM).
Silver Tier

Yeah, I was thinking that, as well, becuase you can breed shiny Pokémon.
Old December 25th, 2013 (08:56 AM).
Platinum Tier

Nature: Serious
We know RSE and FRLG happen simultaneously (see Sevii Islands quests for more detail), and FRLG happened before GSC/HGSS, so RSE happened before GSC/HGSS. However, we can still see shinies in RSE. Not to mention shinies can be found in GSC/HGSS before the radio incident.
Old December 25th, 2013 (10:39 AM).
Silver Tier

Yeah, I was thinking that as well. No worries though, its still just a theory.
Old December 25th, 2013 (05:58 PM).
I'M AN ANGRY SCIENTIST!!
Super Moderator

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via AIM to bobandbill
That, and they say themselves that they were evolving Pokemon with the signal, not evolving them into shiny Pokemon. Also counteracted by being able to find shiny Pokemon before that event, and the NPC talking about seeing a shiny Butterfree before.
Quote:
Even in the original Pokémon Anime, Ash actually does see a shiny Ho-oh and grants him with eternal happiness.
It was shiny...?
Old December 27th, 2013 (05:04 AM).
The Water Nerd Guy

Nature: Brave
Quote originally posted by bobandbill:
That, and they say themselves that they were evolving Pokemon with the signal, not evolving them into shiny Pokemon. Also counteracted by being able to find shiny Pokemon before that event, and the NPC talking about seeing a shiny Butterfree before.
It was shiny...?
To correct: It was shining.
Old December 27th, 2013 (06:21 AM).
真月 零

Nature: Sassy
I'll just consider it a natural mutation - Much like Albino in Alligators in real life etc.

BARIAN EMPEROR

. R E I . S H I N G E T S U .

Old December 27th, 2013 (04:07 PM). Edited December 27th, 2013 by Thai.

Nature: Jolly
Quote originally posted by EXO時代:
I'll just consider it a natural mutation - Much like Albino in Alligators in real life etc.
I agree, But I believe this theory needs much research.

Im glad you guys are enjoying these theories :D
Old December 27th, 2013 (04:31 PM).
Crazy Pokémon Lady

Nature: Sassy
I'm of the opinion that shiny Pokémon are naturally-occurring color variations; however, I think you may be onto something here, still. While I think that shinies are naturally-occurring, they needn't all come about from the same processes. Red Gyarados might indeed occur because of a developmental mistake during evolution from Magikarp, so that it retains its red coloration. However, another means of a Gyarados being shiny is that it evolved from a shiny Magikarp (which are gold-colored).

In short: I do think that most shinies are natural (though of course the Lake of Rage incident is clearly an instance of an artificial cause behind an individual case of alternate coloration), however your topic remains interesting and relevant because I believe it shows that there can be more than one cause of shininess in Pokémon. Some may be mutations, some may be developmental mistakes (e.g., immediately brought to mind are shiny Nidoran, which take on the color of the opposite gender: this may be the result of a difference in development inside the egg).

It's an interesting topic, and I do think it has some truth to it; though I don't believe that Team Rocket is responsible for the existence of all shiny Pokémon.
Old January 1st, 2014 (02:41 PM).
Capo de tutti capo

Nature: Naughty
Don't believe this other than the red gyrados there's no proof. Shiny are a naturally 1/6000(whatever) chance. If they created them wouldn't the grunts, admins, and most if all Giovanni have at least one in their parties.
Old January 19th, 2014 (07:40 AM).
Banned

If they have the ability to create shinies why would they take the time to steal all of everyone else's ugly pokemon.
Old January 24th, 2014 (02:33 PM).
Mission Complete✔

What if the radiowaves altarred certain Pokemon's DNA so when you tried hatching them, they were shiny. They don't necessarily need to have to be shiny because they could have the shiny recessive trait which means most aren't shiny but there's still a small chance it could be, without it actually showing on the parent.

Old January 27th, 2014 (08:33 AM).

A cool theory, but folds under investigation. Sorry.
Old February 3rd, 2014 (03:31 PM).
Be a role model
Crystal Tier

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to acatfrommars
Quote originally posted by BadPokemon:
But what about shinies you get from eggs? Maybe the air still holds a current or something?
Pokemon have genotype that represents their phenotype. The mutations carry on when they are hatched. Over time genes have been transferred through pokemon, if only a little. It's kind of like pokerus in that aspect. I think that shinies is a genetic mutation between pokemon, but Team Rocket with their project could have catalyzed the process.

Sisters | Brother | Pairs
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links