Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Advertise here

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Art & Design
Notices

Art & Design For digital, traditional, design, photography and mixed media art, Pokémon-related or not. Showcase or discuss anything related to the visual arts here.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old January 3rd, 2014, 10:38 AM
LCCoolJ95
Limited Capacity

Nature: Naive

Advertise here
Wow this is very useful for people who want to add in these kinds of Pokémon. I hope there is a decent Sylveon soon.
"The greatest obstacle in life is Yourself. Overcome it, and you will achieve the greatest accomplishment of all." -Art Beins, 1982

Fairy-type in Pokémon Emerald: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpos...&postcount=288
Old January 3rd, 2014, 10:50 PM
Pinta77
McDonald's Insider
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to Pinta77
The Sylveon sprite in my signature isn't bad imo. Just google it. Sylveon is a popular pokemon so lots of people tried making a sprite for it.

Wonder Trade!!!
Old January 5th, 2014, 07:00 AM
MrDollSteak
Formerly known as 11bayerf1

Here's Phantump! Thanks to Nordk for the base sprites, which I then edited.

I`ve also resized the Swirlix that I had done in response to someones
request that Swirlix was too big. I agreed so here you go.

Last edited by MrDollSteak; March 21st, 2014 at 08:21 PM.
Old January 5th, 2014, 08:53 AM
Gexeys

Nature: Adamant
Here's an Amarua sprite I made today, not sure if you wanted to use it or not.
Attached Images
File Type: png amaura.png‎ (3.9 KB, 868 views) (Save to Dropbox)

Last edited by Gexeys; January 5th, 2014 at 12:09 PM. Reason: adding sprite
Old January 5th, 2014, 09:48 PM
Vicktor Black
Blaziken

Nature: Relaxed
I removed the sprite from my post!

Always keep an open mind!

Last edited by Vicktor Black; January 6th, 2014 at 12:54 PM. Reason: content was deleted!
Old January 5th, 2014, 10:10 PM
GOLDstandard
GoldStandard

Nature: Bold
well, i'm a crap artist. BUT since I figured I would eventually be mooching off this resource in the future, I tried to contribute something. Don't berrate me for this crap quality as this is my first attempt at spriting EVER and i'm sure I broke multiple cardinal spriting sins and I doubt this will be of use lol. Hopefully it will be used as a base? maybe. At least I tried It's 64x64 and I used sugimori's inspirtation for the pose
dragalge.png
Pokemon is fun
Old January 6th, 2014, 05:52 AM
Gexeys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicktor Black View Post
Here is a bergmite sprite I've been working on.

Whether you use it or not is up to you. :)
He requested that you do not use Noscium's sprites, The outline is exactly the same, you've only changed the shading. While they are for public use, editing them and claiming them as your own is just theft.

However the sprite itself needs some work, it doesn't really reflect how rocky and sharp bergmite should look as it is just a lump of ice.
Attached Images
File Type: gif theft.gif‎ (2.3 KB, 842 views) (Save to Dropbox)
Old January 6th, 2014, 11:34 AM
Vicktor Black
Blaziken

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gexeys View Post
He requested that you do not use Noscium's sprites, The outline is exactly the same, you've only changed the shading. While they are for public use, editing them and claiming them as your own is just theft.

However the sprite itself needs some work, it doesn't really reflect how rocky and sharp bergmite should look as it is just a lump of ice.
To be honest I didn't know of Noscium when working on the sprite ! and its one pixel off when looking at your attachment : P

Always keep an open mind!
Old January 7th, 2014, 06:48 AM
MrDollSteak

Quote:
Here's an Amarua sprite I made today, not sure if you wanted to use it or not.
Accepted! I like the colours which is usually fairly rare, so I may not have to change so much,
the face and sails a Little bit but otherwise very good (y)

Quote:
well, i'm a crap artist. BUT since I figured I would eventually be mooching off this resource in the future, I tried to contribute something. Don't berrate me for this crap quality as this is my first attempt at spriting EVER and i'm sure I broke multiple cardinal spriting sins and I doubt this will be of use lol. Hopefully it will be used as a base? maybe. At least I tried It's 64x64 and I used sugimori's inspirtation for the pose
I can´t actually see your attachment for whatever reason. Perhaps you could upload it to
imgur or something?

Also for everyone else, I´ve more or less finished Sylveon´s front sprite, so that´ll be the next one
I upload, after editing Superjub´s submission for the backsprite.

Then it´ll probably be Spritzee, Trevenant or Amaura.

EDIT: Sylveon! Credits to Superjub for the Back Sprite!

Last edited by MrDollSteak; January 7th, 2014 at 08:14 AM. Reason: Added Sylveon
Old January 7th, 2014, 08:01 AM
Ksiazek Bartlomiej
Rejishan awake...

Nature: Hardy
Hi there... This thread is great. You make easier puting 6th gen Pokemon to Pokemon RSE/FRLG. I gona help you. For now. I give you Kalos Pokemon sprites from POKEMON RUBY RENEV HACK. In there I add some of them to catch. And this sprites is directly from my game <I have also Noibat and Noivern... But I can't redone Shiny Colour>

Hawlucha

Avalugg

Klefki

Helioptile

Heliolisk

Xerneas

Yveltal

Zygarde

I hope that I help you by this sprites.
- Thonsu Region will never die when Rejishan take care about them. Even the evilnesse of Team Mystic do not destroy land of Thonsu.

POKEMON DIRTY SUN - Comming Soon.

Last edited by Ksiazek Bartlomiej; January 7th, 2014 at 10:22 AM. Reason: More sprites to add.
Old January 7th, 2014, 06:36 PM
dreamengine

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDollSteak View Post
I like the front sprite, but the back sprite bothers me for some reason. I feel like the head and neck needs to be a little bit more defined because right now it looks a little like it's one blob. Also, the ears could probably be a little longer, but yeah. You probably looked at a model, but in case you haven't

http://static.giantbomb.com/uploads/...5-sylveon5.jpg

Just compare the two and maybe you'll see what i see. Just suggestions
I support...
Old January 8th, 2014, 05:30 AM
Ksiazek Bartlomiej
Rejishan awake...

I've seen that no one want's my sprites here... I decide to start my own project.
- Thonsu Region will never die when Rejishan take care about them. Even the evilnesse of Team Mystic do not destroy land of Thonsu.

Old January 8th, 2014, 10:21 AM
random-man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksiazek Bartlomiej View Post
I've seen that no one want's my sprites here... I decide to start my own project.
Seriously? You posted them yesterday, most people don't obsessively check back here every day you know. At least wait for his verdict before assuming that your work isn't appreciated.
Also known as WorldsBoss/WBoss
Old January 8th, 2014, 10:26 AM
Ksiazek Bartlomiej
Rejishan awake...

To late... I start today my own thread with sprites <But sorta in BW style not like there in DPPT style>

Old January 8th, 2014, 12:11 PM
markko

Very good, very good! i like
Old January 8th, 2014, 02:37 PM
MrDollSteak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksiazek Bartlomiej View Post
Hi there... This thread is great. You make easier puting 6th gen Pokemon to Pokemon RSE/FRLG. I gona help you. For now. I give you Kalos Pokemon sprites from POKEMON RUBY RENEV HACK. In there I add some of them to catch. And this sprites is directly from my game <I have also Noibat and Noivern... But I can't redone Shiny Colour>

Hawlucha

Avalugg

Klefki

Helioptile

Heliolisk

Xerneas

Yveltal

Zygarde

I hope that I help you by this sprites.
Thanks but these don´t really match up with this resource.
Best of luck with yours though.

Quote:
I like the front sprite, but the back sprite bothers me for some reason. I feel like the head and neck needs to be a little bit more defined because right now it looks a little like it's one blob. Also, the ears could probably be a little longer, but yeah. You probably looked at a model, but in case you haven't

http://static.giantbomb.com/uploads/...5-sylveon5.jpg

Just compare the two and maybe you'll see what i see. Just suggestions
I agree completely. I´ll edit them.

I actually hadn´t compared the models as I had with the others, because I´d been
working off of Superjub´s back sprite, so thanks for catching them!

I´ve got a Trevenant front sprite done, based upon the Dream World art, so hopefully
that´ll be the next submission. I´m also working on Yemachu´s Spritzee submission.
Old January 12th, 2014, 07:22 AM
Gexeys

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDollSteak View Post
Accepted! I like the colours which is usually fairly rare, so I may not have to change so much,
the face and sails a Little bit but otherwise very good (y)
Sweet, mind telling me what you'd change about the face and sails, they were arguably the hardest part to get right as they were so small so I'd like to see how they can be improved for future reference :)
Anymore sprites that you'd want me to do?
Old January 13th, 2014, 08:22 AM
Layell

Hey MrDollSteak I'm loving the work you do, I love the DP backsprite style. So as leader of the Smogon XY Sprite Project if you'd like some help feel free to use and credit the work of the smogon project and individual spriters.

If you'd like explicit proof check post 1938 of the Smogon XY Sprite Project. Maybe when I'm done over there I'll pop by and help out here (lol if that ever happens). I hope the same can be said of anyone here coming over to help me out.

(Also Noscium's work is explicitly free to use with credit as well if you weren't aware).
Alas poor Yorick, I knew him Horatio
I run the Smogon XY Sprite Project, contact me there if you are interested in the sprites.
Old January 13th, 2014, 03:09 PM
Uxie101

Nature: Brave
i can help for menu sprites like: and , if you want the frames:
Credit to xVaporeon:
Old January 14th, 2014, 06:17 AM
MrDollSteak

Quote:
Sweet, mind telling me what you'd change about the face and sails, they were arguably the hardest part to get right as they were so small so I'd like to see how they can be improved for future reference
Anymore sprites that you'd want me to do?
Oh nothing too drastic, they´re serviceable as they are, but the sails if you look at the official artwork, are a bit longer,
and then for the face, just some extra rounding and slightly bigger eyes. If you want to take a crack at that, go for it.
Still haven´t got around to editing it, lost access to my spriting equipment.

Quote:
Hey MrDollSteak I'm loving the work you do, I love the DP backsprite style. So as leader of the Smogon XY Sprite Project if you'd like some help feel free to use and credit the work of the smogon project and individual spriters.

If you'd like explicit proof check post 1938 of the Smogon XY Sprite Project. Maybe when I'm done over there I'll pop by and help out here (lol if that ever happens). I hope the same can be said of anyone here coming over to help me out.

(Also Noscium's work is explicitly free to use with credit as well if you weren't aware).
Hey Layell! Loving the work you´re doing there, and am very happy you´ve given me your blessing.
I´ll certainly use some of the front sprites, and may even use a few backsprites as bases. (Of course crediting everyone relevant)

Also if you´d like any of my front sprites feel free to use them! (or if you´d like me to increase the size of any of mine, eg. Greninja or Chesnaught)

Quote:
i can help for menu sprites like: and , if you want the frames:
While I appreciate the offer, this thread is solely for Front and Back Sprites.

------------------

Also for everyone else, sorry I´ve been so infrequently updating, but I´m without access to my spriting equipment atm.

I´ll be back at home able to do everything I want on Friday and Saturday so I hope to get to some new uploads then.
I´ll try and do Spritzee, Amaura and Trevenant all together, as well as the slight edits to Sylveon.

Thanks again to everyone who´s submitted something!

EDIT: Here's the tweaked Sylveon, next up Trevenant!

Last edited by MrDollSteak; January 16th, 2014 at 04:16 AM. Reason: Added Sylveon
Old January 16th, 2014, 07:53 AM
Uxie101

Nature: Brave
Do you need fletchling, because i made one,how do you like it.
Credit to xVaporeon:
Old January 27th, 2014, 04:18 AM
MrDollSteak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uxie101 View Post
Do you need fletchling, because i made one,how do you like it.
Thanks, but I'll probably make my own later.

Anyway, Sorry for the long delay but here are Amaura, Trevenant and a resized Carbink (I thought it looked a bit too big)

Credits to Gexeys for the Amaura front sprite!

EDIT: Also added Skrelp and redid Sylveon.
Credits to Sleet for the Skrelp front sprite, and Layell for Sylveon's front sprite, I'd also like to thank
Layell as well for letting me use sprites from the Smogon thread.

For those that liked the old Sylveon I'll include it underneath the 'completed sprites' tab.
The main reason for the change was to make it more similar to the other Eeveelutions done by Chaos.

Last edited by MrDollSteak; January 27th, 2014 at 06:10 AM. Reason: Added Skrelp
Old January 27th, 2014, 10:22 AM
Layell

I'm going to see if this image even shows, then edit explaining. For whatever reason I need 15 posts to show image urls which is rather frustrating.

Ok so I recently made some edits to my Smogon Sylveon (like over this weekend), the eyes have been hotly debated, they are not pure oval, and how this is will probably be the best (this is your project though do what you will, and not a complete copy of the smogon one)

At the end of the day I chose that the eyes needed to be distinct even if they didn't 'match' the other eevee's, Sylveons eyes are so distinct there is nothing we could use as a frame of reference.

-The mouth open isn't as readable, the smile is similar to Cinccino sprites in how it doesn't collide with bow/fluff and nose
-Putting black on the left of the bow kind of makes it not pop out more I feel
-I restored some of the outline, this may be personal preference though, do as you will.
-How anal are you about matching back to front? I know I am, it's a great back regardless

I probably won't pop in and do this much, Sylv is just near and dear to me.
Attached Images
File Type: png sylv64.png‎ (3.7 KB, 50 views) (Save to Dropbox)

Last edited by Layell; January 27th, 2014 at 10:31 AM.
Old January 27th, 2014, 04:50 PM
TinyChu

Nature: Impish
Amazing! I've been looking for some good sprites and I think I've found them! Haha, I'd like to see more please!
Yes, I am a female, and I have a certain infatuation with Pichu. Deal with it. <3
Old January 28th, 2014, 01:00 AM
Yemachu

Nature: Timid

Normal and Shiny "Aromatisse". They are indexed, so you should be able to insert them into your game straight away.
Hope you guys like them.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here