The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Art & Design

Notices

Art & Design For digital, traditional, design, photography and mixed media art, Pokémon-related or not. Showcase or discuss anything related to the visual arts here.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old December 13th, 2013, 04:35 PM
Sora
The Keyblade Pokémon

Nature: Gentle
Gonna toss up a few more from the Pokemon Challenge. None of them aren't as great as Quilava but I can still see how much I've grown with just these sketches. Especially looking back at my Butterfree (which I am not posting here) the first day of this challenge.

Flying
Spoiler:

Totally cheated and I don't care. ♥

Ghost
Spoiler:

Totally went for a different style here. I like how it came out.

Dragon
Spoiler:

Time for the sketchy ones yep.

Ice
Spoiler:

ahaha

Normal
Spoiler:

Today's.

If you look at the calender I linked for the thing above you'll noticed that I skipped Grass. I didn't like how my Grass one came out so I'm not putting it here as an individual piece. Maybe you guys will see it if I do some sort of jumbo thing at the end with all the pieces. xD
Forum Games

Paired with Stand Alone and Eucliffe
Gallery - DeviantArt
Old December 14th, 2013, 07:36 AM
Fairy
believe in magic

Oh gosh I love this sketchy style you're doing. It feels so loose and comfortable, and yet you have really precise control over the direction and it just feels good to look at. I honestly can't point out one favorite of mine. The Flygon and Furret are super cute (well, the Flygon isn't cute so much as it is neutral, and by that I mean it just feels like Flygon in its purest form, you know?), but that Litwick is so clean looking. I especially love the little yellow touches you used to highlight it. I think it makes the whole thing look much more organic. I can easily see someone using that as an avatar/signature. I suggest you watermark it somehow with your pen name, just in case!

Anyway, this work is just fabulous. <3 I can't wait to see what you come up with for the Grass type. I'm sure you'll be able to come up with something awesome. Still the cutest gallery on PC. n_n

Old December 21st, 2013, 03:52 AM
Sora
The Keyblade Pokémon

Heeee, thanks Alexial! I will certainly see about putting my signature on the litwick somehow! <3

I admittedly stopped drawing for the december thing because i missed on day and after that it just... meh. But I did managed two more drawings I'm happy with beforehand!

Crobat
Spoiler:

Shiny Starmie
Spoiler:
Forum Games

Gallery - DeviantArt
Old December 22nd, 2013, 10:01 AM
█▄ █▄█ ▄█▀ ▀█▀
Horny bastard

Nature: Naughty
Umm wow. Your lighting/shading is spot on, tara. Good job on those two! Crobat looks great. I can only ever draw it like how it looks from the front. Drawing it while it is flying around freely takes some good knowledge of perspectives and how it affects the bodies of the characters involved in the drawing. So yeah, awesome job on zat.

Backgrounds leave something to be desired, doe. You can always use your graphics knowledge to spice it up in case you're feeling lazy drawing it all up, haha.
Old December 22nd, 2013, 11:54 AM
Sora
The Keyblade Pokémon

hahaha yeah. Didn't even bother with backgrounds (a lot of people for the challenge weren't tbh) because I didn't even want to try and spend time doing such a thing when it's the Pokemon that is part of the challenge not the background. But either way my backgrounds do need work (looking at my latest two pieces which were gifts so not displaying them here) and I'll work on them when more required, y'know.

But thanks for the compliments! I'm going to say though that while I'm getting used to shading/lighting it's always in one direction in almost every one of my pieces. So what I need to probably work on next in that area is learning how to shade/light from more than just that one direction.
Forum Games

Gallery - DeviantArt
Old January 17th, 2014, 01:20 PM
Sora
The Keyblade Pokémon

Small update since I haven't done so in a while. Everything this time around are just icons but I did color about four of em.

Tales of the Abyss

Kingdom Hearts

The Roxas ones are the ones I colored. For these four I don't really want anyone else using 'em but if someone does please ask first and if I say yes you better credit or else I will hunt you down. ♥
Forum Games

Gallery - DeviantArt
Old January 24th, 2014, 07:08 AM
Sora
The Keyblade Pokémon

Aaaaart.

Both based off of an AU (Alternate Universe) Post-Apocalypse Pokemon Panfandom Roleplay on Dreamwidth. Wow that's long haha. Anyways Roxas and Sora and how they are in that universe at this point in time.

Roxas and his Eevee Sora
Spoiler:

Sora and his Shinx Simba
Spoiler:

And three more colored icons. Same thing as the four above.

If it wasn't obvious already I'm kind of on a Kingdom Hearts kick oops.
Forum Games

Gallery - DeviantArt

Last edited by Sora; January 24th, 2014 at 07:18 AM. Reason: i keep finding typos mrrgjgdsl
Old January 28th, 2014, 09:07 AM
Sora
The Keyblade Pokémon

lalala all the artwork

Eevee
Spoiler:

Klefki
Spoiler:

Roxas
Spoiler:
Forum Games

Gallery - DeviantArt
Old March 13th, 2014, 07:41 AM
Sora
The Keyblade Pokémon

more artwork from the past month or so

Sandile
Spoiler:

Poliwag
Spoiler:

Sylveon
Spoiler:

left side of head is weird 'cause of reasons. I'll fix it eventually.

Fletchling
Spoiler:
Forum Games

Gallery - DeviantArt
Old March 13th, 2014, 08:16 AM
Eevee
八(^□^*)

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Skype™ to Eevee
I love your art!

I'm not a professional artist or someone who really knows about art so I can't make a comment about your linework or any of that but I really really love your character's expressions. The Eevee and Sylveon mouths are the cutest thing

Old March 13th, 2014, 10:58 AM
Lilith
Protect his very soul.

Nature: Calm
Wow babe, you make such phenomenally cute art. The Sandile's lineart, texture, and expression are great! Other favorite works on this page are the Litwick, Articuno, and Klefki. Sylveon there is looking rather thin, but I do love the color palette and again, your lineart. <3
Old 3 Weeks Ago, 07:59 PM
Sora
The Keyblade Pokémon

Yeah Sylveon did turn out thin that time. Happens when you try out a different style I suppose! But I'm glad that my other attempts at trying something different (Litwick and Sandile) are among favorites!

Also this isn't exactly an update but it's like I just had an epiphany (although I should have realized this long ago lbr) that if you go with a background color that contrasts the foreground colors you get a much better result!

oh and there is this one i guess not as happy with it though i mean there is like a big blank space to the right i could fill with text or something but meh. maybe i'll redo it sometime. maybe.

Forum Games

Gallery - DeviantArt
Old 3 Weeks Ago, 03:04 PM
Fairy
believe in magic

I actually like both of the above icons, but your contrasting background definitely lends better to the image. I mean, it's not like mandatory that you should always use contrasting colors, but in that case it really makes that yellow pop and gives a way richer tone to the browns/reds/skin. I'd like to see more of what you can do with that epiphany of yours, cause the results so far are amazing! n_n

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links