The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Clubs

Notices

Pokémon Clubs This forum is for those who wish to start a club within the community. This forum is for Pokémon clubs; Fan Clubs & Groups is for everything else.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old January 18th, 2014, 06:12 PM
Lilith
Protect his very soul.

Nature: Mild
Bugs scare me silly IRL. D;

Mega Pinsir looks fierce, almost robotic, like Scizor. I'm happy that it got some recognition. Now, if only Beedrill or Ariados could get a Mega form. They're some of my favorites, but they're very lacking on the battlefield.

Scolipede is like a huge teddy bear. Definitely one of the cuter Bugs. Leavanny is great too.
Old January 18th, 2014, 06:20 PM
Wicked3DS
Alex
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
Mega Beedrill is something I can definitely get behind. Beedrill may be my favorite Bug-type, actually.

3DS Friend Code: 3007-8083-0354
Friend Safari: Electrode - Electabuzz - Luxio
My ReverbNation Page
Old January 19th, 2014, 12:08 AM
Airhead
Banned

Mega Venomoth? Mega Yanma? i reckon they sound pretty radical! :D plus since mega yanma is so ignored, it'd do it good! :D

Plus i haven't seen a Venomoth since Pokemon Stadium N64. xD
Old January 19th, 2014, 12:32 PM
Wicked3DS
Alex
Community Supporter

Mega Venomoth and Mega Yanmega (redundant name much?) would definitely be interesting. Venomoth could use a little bit of a boost if you ask me.

My ReverbNation Page
Old January 19th, 2014, 04:16 PM
Endless
& by looking through

Nature: Careful
Send a message via AIM to Endless
Mega Beedrill would definitely be awesome. I wonder how it'd look, though... maybe it could have longer drills and wider wings? I don't know, haha. Statistically though, I would really like it to have more Attack. Beedrill already has a bunch of physical moves in its arsenal, and having a better Attack stat would make it easier for Beedrill to take advantage of them. It'd be sweet if it got a boost in Speed, too. Aside from Mega Beedrill, it would be pretty cool if they'd given us a Venomoth mega-evolution as well. :]
Old January 22nd, 2014, 10:44 PM
Airhead
Banned

Mega Venomoth! ^^ Until the other day, I kinda forgot it existed, haha. xD

But that Mega Pinsir is Mega Butt Ugly! ;-; It's disgusting, fowl, looks like poop. xD
Old January 25th, 2014, 12:52 AM
CloysterOyster
Master of Ice

Nature: Lax
New topic is up. Be sure to answer it.
Old January 25th, 2014, 05:15 AM
Wicked3DS
Alex
Community Supporter

Which Bug-type is best to use offensively?

Yanmega for Special, Heracross for Physical. They are both really strong in those respects.

My ReverbNation Page
Old January 25th, 2014, 05:22 AM
Hikamaru
pseudologia fantastica
Community Supporter

Yanmega and Volcarona on the special based end, and Heracross and Scizor on the physical end. Bug-types were kinda underwhelming early in the series so it was nice to see later generations produce some stronger Bug-types, and even some with some unique type combinations.

Paired with Kouzan, Isaac and Heartouch
Battle Server | Tumblr | Profile | Supporter

Old January 25th, 2014, 10:57 PM
Airhead
Banned

Ooooh, I heard Heracross is a god in that area, haha.

Whenever I deal with a Heracross I have to be extra careful, he is also so OP in battles. :X
Old January 26th, 2014, 02:21 AM
CloysterOyster
Master of Ice

I find that Scizor is quite the powerhouse when it comes to Bug-types. Despite its 4x Fire weakness, it's pretty agile, fast, powerful and hard to take down with other moves. Heracross being the combatant that he is and with a good array of moves, is pretty tough to use and to take down as well. Volcarona is special to use when powering her up with Quiver Dance and then using a Bug move like Silver Wind or a Fire move like Fiery Dance to take the opponent(s) out relatively fast. It's worked for me on several occasions.
Old February 1st, 2014, 10:40 PM
Lilith
Protect his very soul.

Nature: Mild

Volcarona for good special, speed, and bulk. Access to quiver dance, morning sun, gigadrain do not hurt at all.
Old February 2nd, 2014, 04:07 PM
Endless
& by looking through

Physically, Scizor is pretty good. Maximize its Attack EVs and give it Choice Band, and it could knock down almost any of its foes with one hit. Specially, though, it would have to be Volcarona. After one use of Quiver Dance, it would be able to sweep the entire team of your opponent single-handedly. d:
Old February 2nd, 2014, 07:10 PM
Sheep
MUFFINS ya pls

Nature: Timid

Echoing those who said Volcarona. It's beastly with Quiver Dance setups and can really pack a punch.

Defensively, I'd say Forretress. Though I forget he's bug/steel and not rock/steel or something, haha. He is great for setting up hazards like Spikes and Stealth Rock but also gets Rapid Spin among other Things. Whoot!

Old February 2nd, 2014, 08:00 PM
Ravio
The future is in the past. Onwards, Aoshima!

Nature: Adamant
Oh I'd like to sign up :D

Preferred username: Ravio
Partner Pokémon: Paras

I'm going to agree with most people here and say Volcarona for special attacking. It just has access to too many great moves, like quiver dance, fiery dance, hurricane, giga drain and bug buzz, and has the stats to back it up. Others for special attacking are Galvantula (with sticky web + thunder + compound eyes) and Vivillion surprisingly, since it has access to Sleep Powder, Hurricane, Quiver Dance and Bug Buzz, and has Compound eyes to pull it off.
Oh and of course Yanmega, because speed boost works amazingly on it. On the Physical side, Scizor (and I'm assuming mega-scizor) is pretty OP, especially in rain and with bullet punch. Heracross is pretty good too since it has guts and megahorn. And from what I've been hearing, Scolipede with Speed Boost is really good as well.

Old February 3rd, 2014, 04:54 AM
CloysterOyster
Master of Ice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravio View Post
Oh I'd like to sign up :D

Preferred username: Ravio
Partner Pokémon: Paras

I'm going to agree with most people here and say Volcarona for special attacking. It just has access to too many great moves, like quiver dance, fiery dance, hurricane, giga drain and bug buzz, and has the stats to back it up. Others for special attacking are Galvantula (with sticky web + thunder + compound eyes) and Vivillion surprisingly, since it has access to Sleep Powder, Hurricane, Quiver Dance and Bug Buzz, and has Compound eyes to pull it off.
Oh and of course Yanmega, because speed boost works amazingly on it. On the Physical side, Scizor (and I'm assuming mega-scizor) is pretty OP, especially in rain and with bullet punch. Heracross is pretty good too since it has guts and megahorn. And from what I've been hearing, Scolipede with Speed Boost is really good as well.
Welcome to the club. Awww, a Paras. Such a cute little guy. I love using Volcarona. Mine has good stats and holds Leftovers, while building up its power with Quiver Dance and taking out foes with Fiery Dance, Bug Buzz and Hurricane. I have won many battles with that same combo, even have taken out whole teams with just Volcarona. I have used Galvantula a few times but can never get a good enough move set for him other than Electroweb, Spider Web, Thunderbolt and Bug Bite. Rarely have used Vivillon or Yanmega but have used Scolipede, Scizor and Heracross in battle. They're pretty tough.
Old February 12th, 2014, 03:20 PM
CloysterOyster
Master of Ice

Wake up, Bug peeps.

Old February 12th, 2014, 04:10 PM
Endless
& by looking through

Wow, that is such an amazing artwork, haha. Not sure if I could ever draw something like that. Anyway, to boost activity, I'll start off a new topic for ya! If you were to fuse two bug-types together, which would you choose? How'd you expect the outcome to look?
Old February 12th, 2014, 07:41 PM
CloysterOyster
Master of Ice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nymphadora View Post
Wow, that is such an amazing artwork, haha. Not sure if I could ever draw something like that. Anyway, to boost activity, I'll start off a new topic for ya! If you were to fuse two bug-types together, which would you choose? How'd you expect the outcome to look?
Butterfree and Beautifly came to mind, and so did Venomoth and Dustox. I don't know what the first two would look like, but Venomoth and Dustox would look pretty creepy. If I was good at art and fusion, I'd mix them up.
Old February 12th, 2014, 09:57 PM
Endless
& by looking through

Ooh, definitely. If Venomoth and Dustox were mixed into one, they'd certainly look pretty weird and intimidating. I mean, they're both scary enough as they are, but when fused together… @__@ Anyway, I'd probably splice-up Scizor and Beedrill. It'd keep the same structure and body color of former, get those drill-like arms from latter. If you ask me, it'd look pretty cool!
Old February 21st, 2014, 01:47 AM
Airhead
Banned

That artwork! :O

I wish I could do that kinda stuff, haha, but I'm just your simple manga pencil-on-paper girl. xD

If i could merge two Pokemon together it'd be...

Leavanny and...

I'll have to get back to you on that one, haha.

I started a new file on Pokemon X and regrettably, i haven't got a single bug Pokemon on my team. ;-; It's heartbreaking, I know... but non really appeal to me as a team companion. :X
Old February 24th, 2014, 03:50 PM
CloysterOyster
Master of Ice

If you find any more cool Bug-type artwork, post it here. I think some artwork would help spruce up the club a bit.
Old February 24th, 2014, 03:59 PM
Endless
& by looking through

Here's one:

Spoiler:

It was drawn by Leashe over at deviantART. Quite an amazing work, isn't it? :] Love the way how Scyther's diving into the ground.
Old February 24th, 2014, 05:16 PM
The Dark Avenger
Eye-Catching

Nature: Adamant
If you were to fuse two bug-types together, which would you choose? How'd you expect the outcome to look?

The cute/elegant grassy aesthetic and color palette of leavanny with the body shape and design of Volcarona would be my top fusion.

Well, I couldn't help but whip something together. I kinda love it. Hmm, I will call it Leavarona.

+
=

Retrodex Sprites
|D&D Forum|??? (coming soon)
Old February 25th, 2014, 11:34 PM
CloysterOyster
Master of Ice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peitharchia View Post
Here's one:

Spoiler:

It was drawn by Leashe over at deviantART. Quite an amazing work, isn't it? :] Love the way how Scyther's diving into the ground.
That is awesome artwork. Who's he battling? Scyther looks like a lizard in this picture. One of my favorite Bug-types.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenneking View Post
If you were to fuse two bug-types together, which would you choose? How'd you expect the outcome to look?

The cute/elegant grassy aesthetic and color palette of leavanny with the body shape and design of Volcarona would be my top fusion.

Well, I couldn't help but whip something together. I kinda love it. Hmm, I will call it Leavarona.

+
=
Oh my goodness, how did you do that? That fusion looks awesome.

By the way, a new topic is up on the original post for everyone to answer.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links