Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Art & Design
Reload this Page Captace Region (Fakemon + Other stuff)

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Art & Design For digital, traditional, design, photography and mixed media art, Pokémon-related or not. Showcase or discuss anything related to the visual arts here.

Old December 25th, 2013 (08:49 PM).
Prophet of Lightning

Nature: Relaxed
Decided not to put the chains, I couldn't do them in a way I liked. Got to the axe though, and the animation is now complete!

Time to move onto the next guy, the Jiangshi with that big, goof, blood-thirsty grin, Shun-Yu!

Support Mega Man getting off the moon and help get Capcom to make Legends 3!
Old January 4th, 2014 (12:01 PM).
Prophet of Lightning

A new collection of PokeWorld stuff. Banzai Bill is obviously a tough one to edit, but I like what I got:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wfjvJ-hp-3s

I also have some footage of remaking another of my Fakemon, the Venomoth evolution:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G0ULM9yTDEw

Old January 18th, 2014 (12:23 AM).
Prophet of Lightning

Ok, been busy on another project, so I haven't had much time with this one. Right now I'm still in the very early stages of the attack I'm doing for Shun-Yu.

Yes, very choppy and bad, but I just wanted to test out what it might look like. I'm even trying to do a few poses in front of a camera to get all the details I can when I finally move forward with this one.

On a more serious update: I made up the base sprite for Shroomette, the character that may or may not be a rip-off of a certain character. Here she is with the whole gang so far.

Old February 2nd, 2014 (05:19 PM).
Prophet of Lightning

Well, I haven't been updating, but let's change that. I'm actually getting pretty close to the end with this one.

Obviously I still need to add things like his ponytail back and you know, detailing those last two frames better. Hopefully I'm on the right track with this sprite.

I also have some more Fakemon here, the last batch of evolutions/splits/babies of older Pokemon.

I am now at a point where the last things I have to do are going to be all knew (I've dropped some old designs, so I'm going to be filling those spots with new Fakemon).

Old February 20th, 2014 (06:17 PM). Edited February 20th, 2014 by Jappio.
Prophet of Lightning

Well, I now have Shun-Yu done, seemingly at least.

Also some Poke World work:
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PuDO-ore6F8[/ame]

Old March 4th, 2014 (02:15 AM).
Prophet of Lightning

Well, a very minor update for Shun-Yu:

Yet more importantly we have Shroomette! Isn't it cute how she's... spreading spores?

Very rough still, going to add a number of extra frames, two to the crouching probably and a few for while she's airborne and such. Also will have to make the spore glitter a little, maybe make some bigger ones.

Old March 22nd, 2014 (03:51 PM).
Prophet of Lightning

Took awhile, but I'm quite happy with the result.

Old April 22nd, 2014 (09:30 PM).
Prophet of Lightning

Now, I've got some more work done on the Black/White mage of the party, Ray.

First a very basic idea of what her spell casting animation will be like:

However, as I was planning this out, I got some useful critique on her general design. So the above is really just a basic idea. More frames will be needed of course. Below, I have her new base sprite that I will be working off of:

Old May 8th, 2014 (05:13 PM).
Prophet of Lightning

Ray is both a white mage and black mage. She specializes in single target spells. She is devoted to her religion. She is confident in battle, not being the type to hurt overs, but when she needs to, she can hold her own.

Old June 27th, 2014 (09:54 PM).
Prophet of Lightning

The famed mimic Vargas joins the team! A mysterious man with the ability to copy the moves of foes and allies! Here, he's performing his basic sword attack...

Or rather, the basic frames I'm planning. Going to need some inbetweens, and you know... details. Yet it's the basic plan so far.

Old July 15th, 2014 (11:25 AM).
Prophet of Lightning

Some more work complete. Not quite done yet, a frame or two are still needed I'm feeling, not sure how many yet though.

Old July 15th, 2014 (01:18 PM).
Kicking against the earth!
Silver Tier

Nature: Quiet
Send a message via Skype™ to countryemo
Quote originally posted by Jappio:
Took awhile, but I'm quite happy with the result.

Quote originally posted by Jappio:
Now, I've got some more work done on the Black/White mage of the party, Ray.

First a very basic idea of what her spell casting animation will be like:

However, as I was planning this out, I got some useful critique on her general design. So the above is really just a basic idea. More frames will be needed of course. Below, I have her new base sprite that I will be working off of:

Really like these two. Shroomette's animation is great, so is Rays, but I especially love her design, you did a good job.

I miss the fakemon part of the thread, but its great to see you still doing sprite work, its cool to see the animations in progress.

I take it Super Pokemon World is gone? Or just on break?
Old July 15th, 2014 (03:39 PM).
Prophet of Lightning

Both of those things are just on break. This RPG stuff is just what I've been leaning more towards. Fakemon has the issue that I'm in some planning stages. I'm thinking of dropping or switching some designs up, and I'm being overly picky. PokeWorld is just approaching a point where most of the things I can do are more tedious, so it's hard to get myself revved up for that. So nothing has been dropped or axed, the RPG I just feel like has a bit more of a priority (though with writing and coding to still be done, there is no need to rush).

You mentioning them does inspire me to maybe try doing a bit more them soon. Hopefully there can be an update soon.

Old August 2nd, 2014 (07:37 PM).
Prophet of Lightning

Well, I've gotten the gist of Vargas done now. A few detailing work needs to be done, but that can be for another time I'm thinking. However the frames and such should be good. I also have a flamey sword variant due to the request of the characters creator. Chances are, the flaming version will be for certain skills and not basic attacks, but who knows.

Old August 3rd, 2014 (10:16 PM).
pokemon revenge developer

Wow what great work. there's too many to name that I like bc they are all good in there own way. Got to love the Ganondorf one. Love Legend of Zelda. I would love if you could do a custom pokemon sprite for me based off of someone's work [who already agreed that I could do it] for my hack :D vm me if you could.

POKEMON REVENGE TEAM IS looking for members APPLY HERE so the hack can continue.

3Ds Fc= 0619-4312-9526 IgN is Near My trade shop is here
Old August 5th, 2014 (08:20 AM).
highly-functioning sociopath

I'm glad you're still at it buddy. I think the animations are great (i'm going to assume you'll be adjusting frames and speed yourself). The only thing I'm picky about is the sword and it looks quite flat. giving it an outline will be best I think, you don't exactly have to include more detail/shading/texture etc. onto the sword itself.

Old October 13th, 2014 (01:57 PM).
Prophet of Lightning

The sword will be tricky, specially I don't know if we'll have the chance to be a bit overzealous and allow for different swords to look different on the sprite itself. So for the time being, I'm being hyper simple with that for now.

Well, I'm not dead, which is good.

My usual spriting time was taken from me, and so many things have kept me busy (Oh Smash Bros, you're so wonderful). However with school, I actually have a few new oppurtunities to sprite thanks to a class being in a computer lab. So, here's a new member of the team, Professor Anouto!

A scientist who will act as a black mage, though instead of spells, he'll use his inventions. Flamethrowers, freeze rays, and typhoon missiles will be his way of attacking.

Old October 17th, 2014 (11:14 AM). Edited October 19th, 2014 by Jappio.
Prophet of Lightning

Well, I've gotten an animation going for this one already. An animation for his basic attack, and probably some of his 'magic' actions as well.

Edit:

A few small changes were made.

Old December 7th, 2014 (04:38 PM).
Prophet of Lightning

This is Myobu, another fox person for the party. Her colors are undecided so far, but this is what we're thinking about for the time being.

Old December 17th, 2014 (11:20 PM).
Prophet of Lightning

The frames are unfinished and lack proper detail, but this is the general motion and frame count I think I'm going to go for.

Old December 18th, 2014 (07:16 AM).

Nature: Serious
drapion+onyx look good...........
Old January 7th, 2015 (05:22 PM).
Prophet of Lightning

So I got the face, added the tail (that took far too long to get it to the point its at) and worked with some of the timing and leg positions. Still plenty of things to add, her flappy bits and shield primarily.

Old January 17th, 2015 (09:55 PM).
Prophet of Lightning

Well I got to some of the bits of critique. Faster, some work on hands, adding in the extra details, and some upped contrast. If this is good, then I have a form of battle animation for all the characters (alternate animations, like idles, or other kind of attacks, would be next then). Of course also tinkering with previous ones too.

Old March 26th, 2015 (09:46 PM).
Prophet of Lightning

Got idles going for half the cast.

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links