The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Anime > Episode Discussion

Notices

Episode Discussion Whether you want to speculate about the upcoming episodes or reminisce about the episodes you watched years ago, Episode Discussion is your place for discussing, speculating, and reviewing all the Pokémon anime episodes.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old February 1st, 2014, 12:46 PM
Anna
pants on the floor
Community Supporter

Nature: Bold

A Battle of Aerial Mobility!

Clemont and Bonnie officially join Ash on his journey! As they head toward Santalune, they encounter an adorable Dedenne and a mischievous Fletchling. Ash, of course, needs to catch the regional bird. So it's Froakie vs Fletchling!

A Battle of Aerial Mobility!
USA Broadcast: February 1, 2014

Keromatsu VS Yayakoma! Aerial Battle Maneuvers!!
Japanese Broadcast: October 24, 2013

Pairs +
Family +
Nakama +
Signature +

Last edited by Anna; March 1st, 2014 at 06:38 PM.
Old February 1st, 2014, 02:52 PM
Wobbu
ຯອອ

Nature: Relaxed
Not sure if I can get used to the theme song :\ but it's only a small part of each episode. I did not expect Nurse Joy's aide to be Wigglytuff (also didn't expect a voice change). But it fits with the pink blubber Pokémon standard. The best part of the episode: DEDENNE :3 I FINALLY LEARNED HOW TO PRONOUNCE ITS NAME. And it's also enjoyably cute. Lol at the scene when it tried to pluck the berry. About James catching Inkay, it was definitely not the highlight of the episode. No special introduction, no recurring encounters, and no emotion that is usually showcased when James catches a Pokémon. Just a spontaneous throw and it's caught -_- it's not that bad though because Inkay is one of my favorite Kalos Pokémon.

So 3 episodes into XY and Ash has already obtained two Pokémon. It seemed like Froakie did its own thing during the battle and Ash kinda just watched. Maybe I was too focused on the animation to be paying attention to Ash's voice :P

Elite Four Drake would like to battle!
Salamence (Lv. 55) - Intimidate - (Dragon Rush, Zen Headbutt)
Favorite Pokémon Tournament 2014: FINALE
November 21st and 28th / Staff Collab 2014
Old February 1st, 2014, 08:12 PM
Pinkie-Dawn
Airman ga Teosenai

Nature: Quirky
I'm glad that not much has changed regarding Wigglytuff's dubbed voice, as I liked how still sounded similar to Jigglypuff's. There wasn't much emotion on Bonnie's voice here during their encounter with Dedenne. I was expecting the dub to change Clemont saying "On" after his invention's name to a more proper word when activating said inventions, but it looks like they're going to stick with the original translation. The Beedrill chase scene was much funnier in the Japanese version than it was here due to the empty BGM and the sudden exaggerated screams, though the caught Inkay scene did made me chuckle a bit. I may be sounding nitpicky about this episode, and the dub in general, but I just got spoiled by watching the original Japanese episodes as well as better dubbed anime. Maybe I should quit the nitpicky posts if it bothers you guys.
Old February 1st, 2014, 09:54 PM
Hikamaru
dude, woman up!
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
It was nice to hear Dedenne's name pronunciation finally revealed because it took me so long to get the little guy's name right. I was watching the dubbed version on YouTube and I was so happy with how Serena's dub voice turned out, kinda interesting that the voice actress is kinda new to the series, same with Clemont's. In fact I really can't wait for the next episode to come out in the dub, after finally seeing more of Froakie's past mentioned. Inkay was really adorable as well.

Still, great episode nonetheless.
Old February 1st, 2014, 10:55 PM
Wobbu
ຯອອ

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkie-Dawn View Post
The Beedrill chase scene was much funnier in the Japanese version than it was here due to the empty BGM and the sudden exaggerated screams, though the caught Inkay scene did made me chuckle a bit. I may be sounding nitpicky about this episode, and the dub in general, but I just got spoiled by watching the original Japanese episodes as well as better dubbed anime. Maybe I should quit the nitpicky posts if it bothers you guys.
Inkay was definitely a comedian during this episode. Stealing TR's food and inking Wobbuffet in the face lol. I was confused on how it could float next to their Meowth balloon but then I remembered that it's half Psychic type...

I don't mind the comparisons. Hopefully the dubbers will see your posts and be inspired to step it up :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hikamaru View Post
It was nice to hear Dedenne's name pronunciation finally revealed because it took me so long to get the little guy's name right.
Wow I was so wrong with Dedenne's pronunciation that it's embarrassing. I thought it sounded like 'dee den' prior to yesterday lol, not expecting the last e to be accented.

Quote:
I was watching the dubbed version on YouTube and I was so happy with how Serena's dub voice turned out, kinda interesting that the voice actress is kinda new to the series, same with Clemont's.
Clemont's voice reminds me of Cilan's. Their pitches are close and I can easily imagine Clemont talking with Griffith's voice. Nevertheless they are still distinguishable and Serena's voice did turn out well.

Elite Four Drake would like to battle!
Salamence (Lv. 55) - Intimidate - (Dragon Rush, Zen Headbutt)
Favorite Pokémon Tournament 2014: FINALE
November 21st and 28th / Staff Collab 2014
Old February 3rd, 2014, 02:14 PM
ilias_

Nature: Calm
I watched the episode too! Well, about the theme song. I like the instrumental. I love the song. I just don't like the singer's voice. I hate how he says "Pokemon", it irks me.

Nurse Joy's voice is good. I didn't really think about Nurse Joy before but yeah Wigglytuff is part Fairy type now so it makes sense! Also I love the Pokedex! It's like a mini tablet or something! So awesome!

Dedenne (finally learned how to pronounce it too haha) is so cute and small and I love it!! Talking about a cute little Pokemon, I am so happy that Ash caught a Fletchling. It's my favorite Kalos Pokemon and I hope he evolves it to Talonflame soon.

Funny moments: When Fletchling ate that berry without a care in the world and when they showed Dedenne cry. I don't know why I laughed at Dedenne's reaction so much! It's so cute!!
Also when the machine explode and they got an afro hahaha
Also when James caught the Inkay (Do you guys like TR's new balloon? I don't.). Meowth's & Jessie's faces were so funny lol

I liked the episode a lot. I can't wait for the next episode!

Pokémon X
Friend Safari:
Type: Fire.
Pokémon: Slugma, Magmar & Braixen.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links