The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Advance Generation

Notices

Advance Generation The hallmark of sprite-based Pokémon gaming, Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald set you off on an adventure in the watery Hoenn region with tons of diverse Pokémon to discover. Fans of Kanto can reexplore their favorite region in FireRed and LeafGreen. Here you'll find other fans who enjoy talking about the Pokémon, strategy, and techniques to master this generation.

View Poll Results: Favorite Town/City?
Littleroot Town 1 1.00%
Oldale Town 1 1.00%
Petalburg City 1 1.00%
Rustboro City 3 3.00%
Dewford Town 0 0%
Slateport City 9 9.00%
Mauville City 8 8.00%
Verdanturf Town 2 2.00%
Fallarbor Town 0 0%
Lavaridge Town 3 3.00%
Fortree City 26 26.00%
Lilycove City 20 20.00%
Mossdeep City 5 5.00%
Sootopolis City 10 10.00%
Pacifidlog Town 9 9.00%
Ever Grande City 2 2.00%
Voters: 100. You may not vote on this poll

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old February 4th, 2014, 02:47 PM
Cat

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Cat
That's a tough one, considering the majority of Cities/Towns in Hoenn are the best. I'd have to say Mauville City, it just seems like it's the centre of it all.. not to mention it has adjoining Routes which provide great training spots. n_n

Old February 5th, 2014, 02:58 AM
AnsirentRhythm
The Burning Emotion

Nature: Gentle
Yeah Your right. We can't compare the cities. As all of them are cool and great enough to respect but we all have our favorites ! That doesn't mean we hate a city at all.
Old February 5th, 2014, 08:43 AM
Timbjerr
Makes a Splash!

Nature: Timid
Pacifidlog Town for sure. Yeah it's not that big, but the concept is incredibly interesting.
Old February 7th, 2014, 12:26 PM
smdp15

mossdeep. that rustic space center was cool
Old February 7th, 2014, 05:29 PM
Yayakoma
Big Pecks

Nature: Sassy
Definitely Pacifidlog Town. It's concept was great, really attractive too.
Old February 11th, 2014, 08:33 AM
Mesmerella
Preschooler

Nature: Quirky
Honestly, I love everything about Hoenn. The region in general is so beautiful and diverse, with deserts, volcanoes, beaches, rain forests... I think that all of the cities were awesome, and had something neat to offer.

That being said, though, my all-time favorite city was Lilycove. It had the department store, art museum and the contest hall, and it also had the Safari Zone and Mt. Pyre to the east. (Mt. Pyre is one of my favorite locations, so having a city close to that was a huge plus for me!) I love Lilycove, and I've always wanted to live there. The music was also really beautiful, such an elegant waltz.

A close second, though, would be Slateport. I loved the music in Slateport, and I also loved how bright and sunny it was! It had a really neat marketplace, a cool oceanic museum, and of course the beach to the south was really nice. Plus, you could get there via ferry from Lilycove, so the two cities were highly connected in that regard. If I had lived in Lilycove, I'm sure I would have visited Slateport often!
Old March 10th, 2014, 10:24 AM
11jphillipps

my favorite town was mossdeep city, it was the perfect place, your right next to the daycare, the game corner, and your right near a sand slide for day care training.
Old March 12th, 2014, 01:58 PM
Atwilko

fortree city because my secret base was in the route near it so i ended up flying there alot, i think the trees give a nice feeling
Old March 12th, 2014, 02:05 PM
jpnm92

Nature: Timid
The city while i was playing that i enjoyed the most was lilycove city (Epic Mart, near the ocean, mostly because of the mart and near safari zone) but now in terms of aesthetics Sootopolis city and fortree city
Old 4 Weeks Ago, 12:40 PM
Judge Mandolore Shepard
Spectre Agent

Nature: Serious
When it comes to the cities and towns in Hoenn, my favorite would have to be Mauville City. I spent a lot of time in the Game Corner in that city. The main reason I spent a lot of time there was to get enough coins for the TMs there.

OSO STRONG

Last edited by Judge Mandolore Shepard; 3 Weeks Ago at 10:24 AM.
Old 4 Weeks Ago, 01:45 PM
xSvenx

Fortree and Lilycove city are so awesome but Sotopolis will always be my favorite town.

Lets face it, Fortree is a dream town, everything is on the trees, no need for explaining why it's so awesome then, right? Lilycove is a big city and I'm the city kind of guy, I prefer when there's a bit more of the "city" then nature, but in moderation. But Sotoplis, I love how peaceful it is (despite the biggest earth-ocean fight ever, k?) but it still doesn't feel like it's some kind of abandoned island.
Anyway, those three are my favorite.
Old 3 Weeks Ago, 05:27 AM
Ninja Surskit
Big Daddy

Nature: Hasty
Ever Grande City of course!
With the Elite Four and Victory road being there, it's just a place to go ahead and challenge the Elite Four.. Also that music..
Old 3 Weeks Ago, 05:48 AM
Gulpin
  

Nature: Jolly
Hoenn really has some of the best and most creative cities in the whole franchise. As for my favorite, it's a tough choice to make. I'd have to go with Sootopolis though, since I just love how to have to dive in order to get into the city. It reminds me of a human civilization version of a beaver dam, and it would be such a neat city if it were in real life.
Old 3 Weeks Ago, 05:12 AM
gogojjtech

Nature: Quiet
Mauville City. Why? In my 516 hours of ruby it was the place where I spent the most time for whatever reason, being in the middle of the region. I'd fly there to fight the camera crew in the 4 directions they were. Also, the daycare and the random fights where straight to the left of it :D
The SoulSilver Music Patch - The Black Music Patch - Mega-Huge Sappy Tutorial - Time-Based Events - Yet Another Sprite Resource
­
Pokémon Platinum Red
Pokémon Platinum Blue
Pokémon Platinum Red
Pokémon Platinum Blue
Pokémon Platinum Red
Pokémon Platinum Blue
Pokémon Platinum Red
Pokémon Platinum Blue
­

Join me in the chat! Get help or just talk, I really don't care :D | Click here: http://chat.linkandzelda.com:9090/?c...omhacking,GoGo
Old 2 Weeks Ago, 10:51 AM
AoTora

Nature: Calm
It would be either Pacifidlog because it's randomy floating in the middle of the ocean either Lillycove - I really like Lillycove's name and the design of the city -I also like the fact that it has so many cool building and people in it.

Do what you believe in and believe in what you do. All else is a waste of energy and time ~ Nisargadatta.

Love is the only power that can change an enemy into a friend. ~ Martin Luther King.

I am a fan of Criminal Minds, Crossing Jordan and some other series. I am also Harry Potter fan and Disney fan (I love Frozen!) - I also like other animes beside Pokemon.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links